Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Rutibex posted:

If you want a tablet to play Nintendo emulators there are many cheap andriod options available.

ok but what does that have to do with my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A Switch and a PC cover pretty much all gaming needs worth mention.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

A Nintendo console with nothing but a tiny library of good first party titles and jack poo poo to play otherwise? Color me surprised!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

McGiggins posted:

I don't get why people hated Ashley so much. So was by far one of the most (lol) human relatable characters and had by far the most character progression over the course of the series.

I always left kaidan to sit the nuke, because Ashley deserved life.

Kaidan gets way more development in ME3 while she doesn't get much.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ashley "Ah sure love God and hate me some aliens", so relatable.

Mind you, still better than those krogans. I think I always made sure to castrate them out of existence. Too bad there weren't any lizardmen companions in ME1 (the only good game out of franchise)

Her whole thing about how the other races are only concerned with themselves and wouldn't hesitate to throw humans under the bus if push came to shove turns out to be true though. Sure you change that by being Space Jesus but it still happens.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

christmas boots posted:

Her whole thing about how the other races are only concerned with themselves and wouldn't hesitate to throw humans under the bus if push came to shove turns out to be true though. Sure you change that by being Space Jesus but it still happens.

Yeah, a good chunk of the games is shepard bonking them over the head and going "No. Bad. We all die if you do that."

And then the quarians choose to attack the geth in the middle of the apocalypse anyway.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, people always play the Ashley Racist card, but she was never racist. She didn't trust aliens because the most recent event in ME history was the Turians trying to exterminate humans for trying to open a mass relay.

She outright, along with the ME1 ship navigator, changes her mind and accepted when they were wrong. She was a dumb character, but she was great because of it and deserves almost none of the mindless dismissal and hate she got.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Reapers were right.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The Quarians are the most annoying race in Mass Effect and Tali is the worst character by far.

Also, Kaidan is my husbando. RIP Ashley.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ashley "we must secure a galactic future for human race" Williams

The bird people who got to the citadel and then immediately hosed off and dismantled all their space industry were the real heroes of the story anyways.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
the xenophilic cross-species romances and endless fan conversations about them were enough to sour me on the entire franchise. i don't even have a name for the psychosis people projected onto tali or garrus or whatever.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ashley "we must secure a galactic future for human race" Williams

She was absolutely right about that, and the context of the games history completely bears her out. Like, again, people love to play the racist card against her, but even a slight investigation into the world and the view it gives it's characters completely excuses this.

Edit: my justification

McGiggins fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 15, 2018

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
just blindly immediately trust like 20 new civilizations worth of aliens, all capable of loving you up

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

you wrote an explanation why a video game character isn't racist

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Whether or not Ashley is a racist isn't going to stop most of the audience from choosing to gently caress the alien.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lol mods look at the last few pages and change the name to the self-own thread

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
What the gently caress was going on with Ashley's model in ME3 anyway? That poo poo alone was enough reason to pick Kaiden.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TerraGoetia posted:

Whether or not Ashley is a racist isn't going to stop most of the audience from choosing to gently caress the alien.

The game outright states that Turian semen is toxic to humans. If that is not a red flag I don't know what is.

hathfallen
Dec 22, 2003
Ashley just needs a good, cuddly dog to keep her company.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I think they dropped the ball with ashleys model in me3 because they expect 0% of the playerbase to have chosen her to live.

Why put effort into something never going to be seen.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Vakal posted:

The game outright states that Turian semen is toxic to humans. If that is not a red flag I don't know what is.
ashley is the only game in town as far as i'm concerned -- unless, that is, you like blue alien strange (and boring lore dumps to go along with it). if that makes me a racist then so be it!!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vakal posted:

Also humans somehow played a prank on Turians and convinced them toilet bowls were high fashion items.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Lambert posted:

The Quarians are the most annoying race in Mass Effect and Tali is the worst character by far.

I don't think this opinion is unpopular outside of the population of "people who also own anime figurines" and/or "unironic MRAs."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i don't really care for tali but garrus was definitely my husbando. but because garrus can't be gay my shep just never romanced anybody, just two bros you know how it do

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Tali was fine in the first game. When she wasn't a romance option.

Funny how that works.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If your romantic photo on your desk in ME2 was anything except the Normandy 1 you played the game wrong and also if I believed any goon were capable of having direct reports at their work Id be a little concerned.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The White Dragon posted:

i don't really care for tali but garrus was definitely my husbando. but because garrus can't be gay my shep just never romanced anybody, just two bros you know how it do

Only boring squares who hate fun played as male Shep

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsgfJA1BuzE

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

Garrus is the best because he never has a negative thing to say no matter how psychotic Shepard's actions are.

*Shepard shoots an alien ambassador in the face because they made a snide comment.*

Garrus: "That's not how I would have handled things. But what's done is done."

*Shepard uses an escape pod full of orphan children as a missile to blow up an enemy ship.*

Garrus: "Being a leader means making the hard decisions."

*Shepard supernovas a sun in order to ride the shockwave to get a slight speed boost for the Normandy, dooming every life form in the sector to a slow, icy death.

Garrus: *shrugs*

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Anyway, this is the only reason why Mass Effect had to come into existance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Anyway, this is the only reason why Mass Effect had to come into existance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

:lol:

I've always found bethesda games good for this stuff too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQrSwTz6dc

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lambert posted:

No kidding, I never understood the Tali fan base. What a blank boring character. Basically an exotic female with no face to display emotions, just a body... ooooohhhhhhhhh

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

if you romance tali she gives you a picture of herself without her helmet but it's just a slightly photoshopped stock image the devs pulled from a google search at the last minute lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Only boring squares who hate fun played as male Shep

Male Shep legit had bad voice acting. At least whoever voiced femshep sounded cool, the dude was just a boring heteronormative brown haired white American cracker ie everyone's favorite protagonist!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I prefer no shep because mass effect is a garbage series for dorks that like Star Trek and Sci Fi original series.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I only play solitaire :smug:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The White Dragon posted:

Being able to routinely sexually harass your underlings into loving you in Mass Effect is objectively worse than anything in the witcher games including the sex cards

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'm a lot more bothered by all the wholesale space murder. That Shepard fella must be a real sociopath.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Colonel Cancer posted:

Male Shep legit had bad voice acting. At least whoever voiced femshep sounded cool, the dude was just a boring heteronormative brown haired white American cracker ie everyone's favorite protagonist!

The female VA was boring as gently caress and the male VA was legit bad at times but had a lot more personality to it than the INSANELY generic femshep

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everyone wants to gently caress Shepard so it's not really harassment. If you board his fuckship there's a 100% chance you want his dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Zzulu posted:

The female VA was boring as gently caress and the male VA was legit bad at times but had a lot more personality to it than the INSANELY generic femshep

Nah dog. The whole "white American voice over" trend needs to die. They could at least have given him a fun accent.