Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was very stupid for nyt to publish that op-ed but that can be said of most of the op-eds they decide to publish. remember when they published that apologia for murdering protestors at the israel "border" fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1037482530675535873?s=21

Remember this stupid poo poo?

This was only 3 months ago.

i am still curious who that was because i could be any of them because none of these fucks have loyalty.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Ah yes, Venus is lovely this time of year with temps in the low 800's. Sometimes the acid rain can be a bit of a bummer though!

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Is that real I have a hard time telling these days.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

Why would you wear a shirt that shows how stupid and illiterate you are?

Stupid and illiterate is the new black escalade.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Numlock posted:

No.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Numlock posted:

It is disturbingly real. I honestly thought it was a joke too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Why do you say that? Looking at his profile, he looks like an absolutely idiot but means what he tweets.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1073970944564174853

Yeah, thanks CBS, that's like a third of what Trump's golf outings have cost us IIRC. Actually probably half that by now.

Why would any non-Fox News level media outlet post something like this?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/EyesOnTheRight/status/1069340178312036353

Numlock posted:

Co-founder http://burnmorecoal.com . Trump EPA transition team. Eagle Scout. Biostatistician. Lawyer. Author. FOX News contributor.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 16, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1073970944564174853

Yeah, thanks CBS, that's like a third of what Trump's golf outings have cost us IIRC. Actually probably half that by now.

What's their point? Because that sounds like a bargain considering we spent more than 80 million to prove Clinton lied under oath about getting a blowjob.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MickeyFinn posted:

Men really need to stop treating women like their principal function is to please us. If she were speaking to a crowd about her politics, would you want to take up question time to comment on her beauty? This sets aside the proposition that “nice big boobs” has ever been a welcome comment from a strange man, which would surprise me.

Well put, thank you. I'm stealing this for future reference.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Ague Proof posted:

Co-founder http://burnmorecoal.com . Trump EPA transition team. Eagle Scout. Biostatistician. Lawyer. Author. FOX News contributor.

well after viewing that website I'm convinced this guy's life is an elaborate joke that he fell too far into and can't get out of

Like an undercover moron who keeps getting more and more ridiculous in the hope someone sees that he isn't really a moron so he can finally snap back into reality

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Skippy McPants posted:

What's their point? Because that sounds like a bargain considering we spent more than 80 million to prove Clinton lied under oath about getting a blowjob.

80 million in 1990's money. Adjusted for inflation at around 1996 for 2018 money that's 127 million. So it's even more.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dejawesp posted:

Got you covered

if you still had faith in humanity there's also the Rush Limbaugh version where the artist thought the original depicted US marshals arresting Ruby Ridges I guess.

These still slay me. "Oh the right is so persecuted! Someone yelled at one while he tried to eat dinner, the horror"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Seph posted:

Ah yes, Venus is lovely this time of year with temps in the low 800's. Sometimes the acid rain can be a bit of a bummer though!

Hey, just because a Soviet Space Probe can only last a bit over 2 hours on the surface doesn't mean a red-blood Capitalist American can't live there for decades!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1074111960856317952

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Edit: I am dumb.

osker fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 16, 2018

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Edit: mod directive detected.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is it really, though? I think a lot of these folks would happily shove one another under the bus in order to preserve Access for as long as they can hold on to it. I’m just surprised it’s taken this long...

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

nine-gear crow posted:

Is it really, though? I think a lot of these folks would happily shove one another under the bus in order to preserve Access for as long as they can hold on to it. I’m just surprised it’s taken this long...

It’s an op ed written by FLOTUS’ deputy chief of communications.

I love that it includes the standard trump “Never met” argument.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

oh you're an expert on first ladies? name 5 you've met

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

oh you're an expert on first ladies? name 5 you've met

all of the ladies i've met have been first ladies, friend

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Seph posted:

Venus, the planet best known for its abundance of life

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mr Interweb posted:

Why not? I'm pretty sure this writer was going for a really subtle anti-Trump angle:

quote:

President Trump has declared Mueller's investigation a "witch hunt" and a "taxpayer-funded charade." He claimed without providing evidence last month that the investigation has cost more than $40 million.

So basically it's a fact check article written from the the standard and insufferable "unbiased" high ground that big media outlets like to pretend they occupy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mr Interweb posted:

Because the media is being exceptionally dumb these days despite getting the poo poo kicked out of themselves routinely by the very man they hope to be neutral with. Just look at the articles they put out every now and again that ask "what happened?" and "did we really do this?"

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am still curious who that was because i could be any of them because none of these fucks have loyalty.

It’s probably some mid level staffer and the NYT couldn’t pass up on the traffic.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/474134260149157888

Yup

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

I've seen this same headline with the amount that the feds have confiscated and seized from 40 million dollars so far, so it's basically paid for itself.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Young Freud posted:

I've seen this same headline with the amount that the feds have confiscated and seized from 40 million dollars so far, so it's basically paid for itself.
I don’t understand why the media continues to focus on the cost. Just because Trump won’t stop talking about it doesn’t mean it’s newsworthy.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Hell yeah.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

That made me giggle like a little kid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

What was going on in early June 2014?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's always great to see Nazis getting creamed.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Paradoxish posted:

Why not? I'm pretty sure this writer was going for a really subtle anti-Trump angle:

So basically it's a fact check article written from the the standard and insufferable "unbiased" high ground that big media outlets like to pretend they occupy.

The Mueller probe has actually made money, via forfeiture.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t understand why the media continues to focus on the cost. Just because Trump won’t stop talking about it doesn’t mean it’s newsworthy.

I can't remember anyone ever talking about the cost of Clinton's investigation or impeachment. gently caress the media.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What was going on in early June 2014?

Black dude was President.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they all think they're using him and then are shocked when he arbitrarily betrays them on a whim like he does to absolutely everyone

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No no no!The Nazis WANT this! This attention means they're already winning! Look: one already got free coffee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

"The wannabe politician has regularly launched stunts like his “Name the Jew” tour, during which he crossed the country spewing anti-Semitic bile with a sign reading, “Jews Rape Kids.” He also unsuccessfully ran for U.S. Senate in California, earning the endorsement of former Ku Klux Klan member David Duke, and called for the expulsion of all Jewish people from the United States."

https://thinkprogress.org/patrick-little-anti-semitic-gab-youtube-b46bc49bdf81/

"“I have thought about the Bowers issue at length,” Little posted. “Nelson Mandela openly supported and participated in terrorism, and the Jews who supported him canonized him in the media... At what point is force against Jews legitimized?”"

https://mic.com/articles/192595/gab-just-booted-white-supremacist-patrick-little-for-anti-semitic-threats#.KrruQlIPF

Should have been a punchin'.