Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There's like a billion things happening today but most important is Arcana outfit and comrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Why Sir, it's Grimden Day!

quote:

Grimden Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNySSY8HE4U

The deadly assassin Grimden is now here!

The unbearable pain he has experienced through his childhood has hardened his heart, gradually making him detached from the rest of the world. And his excruciatingly painful childhood turned the once a pure-souled child into the ice-cold assassin he is today.

Now, Grimden knows no pain nor mercy and will not flinch at the sight of death. Grimden will completely annihilate anything or anyone that gets in his way. The deadly assassin strikes swiftly and when he uses his cloning abilities, his attacks are unpredictable. Make sure you hold your breath, as Grimden will strike you within the blink of an eye. There won’t be enough time for you to plan your next move against this deadly assassin.
Oh sure, when someone gets turned into a hardened monster by assassins it's cool, but when I get turned into a hardened monster by the Internet then it's bad and wrong? gently caress off.

So anyway: You can roll Grimdens now. Have fun with that.

Macha's here, hooray

quote:

The Red Stigma Conqueror Event

Macha, the unpredictable goddess, is infamous for deriving her power from chaos, pain, and fury. And if you recall all the chaos in the past, not even gods could control her. Then something happened, which led to her being stripped of her divine status and most of her powers. After that, she left the divine realm and never returned.

Mercenaries, now you will have the chance to face the Goddess that was once thrown out of Paradise. She is one brutal goddess, and today, you have the chance to defeat this ungraceful being. Never underestimate Macha, and beware as she can still find weak points in your heart and mind.

Display your honorable victory against Macha on the Vindictus Forum: CLICK HERE!

And the first 10 Heroes that posted the screenshot of their completion of the Red Stigma battle and their victory against Macha will get Red Stigma Event Reward on the 22nd of January! And the rest of you that have completed will also be receiving rewards listed below.
I defeated Macha thirty-five minutes ago. Roughly. Maybe a bit more. Her normal moves aren't complicated but her special gimmicks are ridiculous and she has a lot of them. Since this is not a Redeemers battle, you can grace your way to victory if at least one of your party members is a heavy hitter.

Big Black
Trees About Christmas

quote:

Big, Beautiful Christmas Tree Event

Merry Vindict-Mas Mercenaries! The Strange Traveler has brought a Christmas Tree into the Colhen town square again this year! And he needs your help decorating it! Help the Strange Traveler decorate the bare and lonesome tree into a Big, Beautiful Christmas Tree and get the special winter rewards!
Go into battles, break stuff, and collect Ornaments. Turn in the ornaments to get things and help decorate the tree in Colhen. If everybody collects enough ornaments, we win and get even more stuff. You'll also get your choice of a piece of cosmetic headgear: a knit cap, glasses, or cap+glasses combo.

Santum

quote:

Christmas With the Santas Event

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Merry Christmas Mercenaries, Welcome to Vindict-Mas!
It’s no Christmas if there’s no Santa, so get your Santa outfits with the ‘Christmas with the Santas Event’ this winter!
Jump right in and complete all the Battle of the Day and defeat raid bosses to get your event coupons and coupon fragments to get your OWN Santa, and/or snow globe head to celebrate this Christmas!
Complete a Battle of the Day to get a coupon. You can get three coupons per day this way. You can also beat raids to get a coupon fragment (three fragments to one coupon) and as far as I know, there's no limitation on that. 100 coupons will get you a 30-day santa outfit. 80 coupons will get you a snow globe head. Two coupons will get you a blessing stone, a few merc pots, or a few party graces.

Seems like a lot of effort for a timed version of an outfit set that we got for free last year. The snow globe head is new but looks silly. The blessing stones are good; gotta save that AP for other things, you know? But that's just my own priorities talking. You guys can do whatever you want to in life.

It's the last Golden Time of the year

quote:

2018 Parting Golden Time Event

Enjoy this joyous 2018 Parting Golden Time Event during this jolly holiday!
Log in for thirty minutes to get a thing. Some of the rewards are good, like the runes and the damascus steel, and some are meh. January 1st's login reward is notable for giving a title. There are also bonus days but they seem to be distributed randomly.

Bakalakadaka posted:

There's like a billion things happening today but most important is Arcana outfit and comrade.
Arcana bad

You know what's good? Miul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1fWgwhXhPU

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 12, 2018

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hats are clearly the best xmas gifts NX can offer and they're right.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

I honestly don't even understand
She can teleport through bullet portals and jump on them to do sick gunfu?
That's an interesting new char for sure

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Bakalakadaka posted:

upon further review of how comrades work comrades are trash nm

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

upon further review of how comrades work comrades are trash nm

comrades are a good indicitor on how rich the owner is though and poor decsision makers.

How's grimden? I'm still waiting and saw a few 95+ grims around.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i am extremely salty about regearing

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am extremely salty about regearing

embrace mediocrity

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Alder posted:

embrace mediocrity

never

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

New Year's Day was a week ago, my dudes.

quote:

Happy New Year Event

Event Start: January 8th (After Maintenance)
Event End: January 22nd (Before Maintenance)

Happy New Year Mercenaries!!

A new year has begun and to celebrate the new spirit together, we’ve prepared a small event for you! Simply complete all the Daily Missions during the event period and collect your rewards at the Exchange Shop through the ‘Bustling New Year’ event coupons you’ll receive! Don’t miss out on the first event of the New Year and let’s start off the New Year all together! Once again, Happy New Year!
Complete your Daily temporal missions, get five coupons. Each character can buy two titles and each costs nine coupons, for a total of eighteen coupons/four days' work. There are some cosmetic hats to buy from previous events. There's also a new set of cosmetic armor, the Silk Training set. It's not sexy unless rookie Shaolin monks are your thing. Finally, the usual graces and merc pots.

There's nothing especially useful here, but if you're a collector you're going to want the titles or the cosmetics. Nothing costs more than nine coupons and we have two weeks to get what we want, so all y'alls have time to decide if you want to bust your rear end for anything.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Stuff is happening, I guess.

Show me your moves. Your guild, I mean. Your guild moves.

quote:

Show Off Your Guild

Greetings Mercenaries, here is a chance for you to show off your Guild and let them shine! If you are not part of a Guild, this would be a great time to look for a Guild to join! During the event period:

Tell us all about your Guild and why you think your Guild stands out from the others and receive NX COUPONS!
The official goon guild I run, diabetic dogs, is pretty good on account of the name. That's pretty much it. I don't think I could win anything on that basis alone.

Speaking of guilds moving

quote:

Coming Soon: Guild House!

Greetings Mercenaries,

Followed by the 'SHOW OFF YOUR GUILD’ event, it’s time to start prepping for an upcoming update! We heard it in the wind that the Guild House Update may soon take place!
Accordingly, we have prepared some helpful tips for you! Keeping these in mind may help you out when the Guild House update comes!
  • More the Merrier: Gather more Guild members! - It may be easier to maintain the Guild House with more members.
  • Start Stacking Up: As grandeur the Guild House is, it may cost you some Gold and or GP here and there to make improvements.
  • Teamwork, Teamwork, Teamwork: This is the time your teamwork will shine. Perhaps you could ping those inactive Guild members of yours to help out.
That should be enough for now. Good luck Mercenaries, and we hope you enjoy what we have prepared for you!
Oh gently caress, gold costs. I was hoping to farm my own load-bearing drywall and stair insulation. We'll see if the benefits are worth it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NX release miul first before the returners leave v:v:v

I guess that's it for the new event and time for another hiatus.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7Hzf_yI4M

A major update is here holy crap

quote:

1. Guild House
There's an entire page for guild housing #wow #whoa

There's a lot of text about guild housing in the patch notes and the guild housing page so I'm not going to paste it here. It basically says guild houses are cool and have two stories and a basement and cost FIFTY MILLION GOLD gently caress THAT. I haven't even finished getting Counterforce on all of my characters.

Guild houses let you farm ores and luminaries instead of finding them in battles like a normal person. You can also put money in a jukebox or talk to a giant gremlin doll. I'm not sure this is going to be worth fifty million gold.

quote:

2. New Redeemers Reward System

Users who have reached 100% of the Redeemers Achievement Level will obtain an additional 'Redeemers Seal' upon clearing the Redeemers: Only pertains to 100% Achievement Level users.
Redeemers Seals can be traded for the 'Red Moon Brooch' at the Exchange Shop.
You can trade redeemer seals for quite a few things, including quality booster coupons and enchant runes. The Red Moon Brooch they mention goes into the one slot that didn't have an S3 accessory for it until now. You know, I feel sorry for people who kept going after reaching 100% achievement for a Redeemers raid because I bet they're not going to get retroactive coupons for those runs.

quote:

3. Niflheim Bracelet Update
They're adding exquisite gems and gold bracelets because right now, bracelets are a lot of farming/money for what, a thousand ATT/M.ATT?

quote:

Niflheim Reward Improvement
Niflheim is a battle that was made available a long time ago, so it has a low-level restriction and very low Gold rewards.
To mitigate repair fees at the very least, the Gold reward for defeating bosses was made the same as the season 3 initial raid (6 types).
All other AP, EXP, and Bonus Mission Gold rewards were retained.
Technically an improvement, but not much of one.

It's time for Wheel of Misfortune!

quote:

Prize Wheel Event

Have a go with the Prize Wheel and claim your lucky prize!
You can win three tickets by doing your dailies. You can also buy a ticket from the supply depot for fifty cents. S-tier rewards seem to based on the theme of item restoration, so you can get things like half-cost/free item restoration scrolls and damascus steel.

quote:

Get the Gold Bracelet! Event

When completing 1 Season 3 Raid Battle, you can obtain [Mysterious Energy] x1: Can obtain up to 4 on weekdays, and up to 10 on weekends and holidays.
You can make [Mysterious Energy] x5 into [Mysterious Coffer] (Quick Crafting): You can get 2 AP when you sell a leftover [Mysterious Energy].
The coffers have gold bracelets in them. They also contain the junk you'll get instead of a gold bracelet. Well, I guess a silver bracelet wouldn't be bad.

Guild poo poo

quote:

Receive 3 tickets when you complete all Guild missions.
Exchange the tickets for various items from the Exchange Shop.
Do all of the guild missions for the day and you can get tickets to trade for rewards, including a title and a chubby panda backpack. Some of the new guild missions are sane, like "do exactly one Royal Army raid", but they still have "beat thirty bosses in one day" banging around, which is an automatic "gently caress off" from me.

Not in this update: The character rebalancing that people have been clamoring for all of a sudden. Come on, give me my Vella buffs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Guess which guild mission I have for today :ghost:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If it makes you feel any better, running "The Five Spider Brothers" counts as five boss kills for missions that require such. Abyssal Arena should count for even more, but that takes an obnoxious amount of time and effort. More rewarding, though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Apparently the buffs are in just not in patch notes because of course.

e: this is the single greatest update of all time

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 23, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Apparently the buffs are in just not in patch notes because of course.
Someone compiled a doc of the changes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mAvVQ-7AC6kMWOzGuT0vFGhI2CSUvX0auAqTULc5h-k/edit
I appreciate all of the Vella boosts, even if most of them are for twin blades. hosed up that they nerfed Umbrellynn's 2-smash. Sure it was good, but it was hard to use and that made up for it. And too bad for Miri and her continuing chain of nerfs. I guess they want to de-power her so that boss fights will Drag on :smaug:

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

e: this is the single greatest update of all time

I may be poor but at least I know how to turn off the vignette effect :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I may be poor but at least I know how to turn off the vignette effect :colbert:

:effort:

i don't even remember how to do it now

e:

[Sylas]
“Active: Infinity Requiem”
o Increased effective range.

:mad:

seriously thats it! that's all? fuckers.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 23, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:effort:

i don't even remember how to do it now

e:

[Sylas]
“Active: Infinity Requiem”
o Increased effective range.

:mad:

seriously thats it! that's all? fuckers.

At least you didn't get nerfed, like Fiona, Miri, or Lynn.

When the patch hit, a bunch of buffs got consolidated. Campfires give a combined ATT boost and armor regeneration buff instead of two separate buffs. Superior camps sell a single buff that encompasses the four buffs that used to be sold separately (because it was wasteful to buy them separately). Normal and fine soaps no longer come in separate scents, instead coming in -- you guessed it --- a soap package that combines the effects of all three soaps. Durability protection potions have also been combined so there's only one potion per tier. More importantly, you can only have one durability potion active even though the individual potions are still out there. I learned today that you can go to Brynn and have your soaps and dura protection potions mashed together at no cost.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

At least you didn't get nerfed, like Fiona, Miri, or Lynn.

When the patch hit, a bunch of buffs got consolidated. Campfires give a combined ATT boost and armor regeneration buff instead of two separate buffs. Superior camps sell a single buff that encompasses the four buffs that used to be sold separately (because it was wasteful to buy them separately). Normal and fine soaps no longer come in separate scents, instead coming in -- you guessed it --- a soap package that combines the effects of all three soaps. Durability protection potions have also been combined so there's only one potion per tier. More importantly, you can only have one durability potion active even though the individual potions are still out there. I learned today that you can go to Brynn and have your soaps and dura protection potions mashed together at no cost.

lol they also stealth nerfed dulla

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol they also stealth nerfed dulla
People have already abandoned the ghost wrangling gimmick in favor of just beating on the boss until he hits three bars. And I hate to say it but it is faster that way.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Valentine's Day is Back!

quote:

Valentine's Day Is Back!

Valentine's Day is back Mercenaries and it's only a week away!
Find your true love with the 'Valentine Hearts Event,' and go on to pick up the 'Valentine's Day Love Package' to clutch a rose between your teeth. Then, finally, get you and your sweetheart matching 'Devotion Rings' before the big day!
Happy Valentine's!

Valentine Hearts Event

The Strange Traveler's feeling lonely and while the prospects of his love life may be at least as terrifying as a Fomor horde, that's no reason not to cheer up the little guy. Find your match or join the Strange Traveler in bachelorhood and gain a new title and a pair of grand emblems!
Similar event to last year's. You get two heart halves, one tradeable and one bound, and you need to find another player who has a complementary half so you can exchange your tradeable halves and make whole hearts. Do that and you get a title and two emblems. Tell the Traveler that Valentine's Day is a scam by Hallmark and you get a different title and one of the two possible emblems.

Aside from all that, the only "content" mentioned are sales. As always, my policy is to discourage people from spending real money on anything besides underwear or maybe a hat from the outfitter's. And that's a very strong "maybe."

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 7, 2019

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Regarding Guild Campfire Gold Abuse

quote:

Greetings Mercenaries,

We've noticed that some of the users have been abusing the systematic bug that had been triggered through the Guild Campfire purchases.
This systematic bug has now been fixed; however, please note that such act indisputably goes against our Code of Conduct, and therefore those users will be banned as a consequence.
Thank you for your understanding.

- The Vindictus Team
They're being quiet about the bug on the forums. Does anyone here know what this was about?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Regarding Guild Campfire Gold Abuse

They're being quiet about the bug on the forums. Does anyone here know what this was about?

Players getting refunds from the guild campfires and keeping the buff. Imagine losing your entire acc for 65k.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgr3pvBr-I
How are you doing, my hoopy froods? There are more events going on:

quote:

Raid Wild Event & More!

The Return of Gallagher’s Dice Game
Do your daily missions to get three dice and then roll the dice to move your game piece and get prizes. Right now I'm looking at a board that's mostly AP capsules. There's also an enhance rune, an enchant rune, an avatar dye ampoule, and a Goibhniu's stone. Not the worst layout, given how few dice you can get. There aren't any squares here that I would say are bad, aside from the bit where all of the runes and stones are time-limited stop doing this Nexon jesus loving christ :argh:

quote:

The Abundant Luminary Dungeon Event
The Lums are invading again. If you're at least level 70, you receive one ticket per day that allows you to enter a special dungeon filled with luminary trees. Then at the end you fight Vengeful Langro, that miniboss that showed up in Misty Moonlight back when Vindictus used that ill-considered dungeon system for Season 2. This sounds like the last gathering dungeon event but it's not because these trees give godly crafting mats and special essences that can be traded to Shayla for a wide variety of cosmetics from past events. There are red and blue essences and they're harvestable on different days, so consider checking the list early to see what you want and saving your tickets for the days that give the essence you need. You know, if you really care. And if you care, remember that every day you can buy a second entry ticket from Shayla for 300k gold.

quote:

ON TIME Event!

Event Start
February 18th (After Maintenance)

Event End
March 26th (Before Maintenance)

Event Details

Fulfill your log in time and receive Event Coupons.
Exchange your Event Coupons at the Exchange Shop!
Stay logged in each day to get tickets. The tickets can be exchanged for a variety of useful things, including premium runes.

quote:

Raid WILD Event

Run raids and get tickets. The highlight is a golden pig you put on your head. That's 120 tickets. There are also valuable components for gear, like chunk selection boxes, Mysterious/Abyssal Shards, and damascus steel. Those are 75, 60, and 30 tickets each, respectively. For those of us who know what's truly important (titles and emblems), there's a panda emblem (30 tickets) and two titles (15 tickets each).

Alder posted:

Players getting refunds from the guild campfires and keeping the buff. Imagine losing your entire acc for 65k.

On the one hand: lol

On the other hand: Campfire buffs are too expensive and usually don't get you much. I don't blame people for wanting to get them for free.

On the third hand (I'm roleplaying as Zaphod Beeblebrox for this post): lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I remember playing this back in the day and my memories are basically that it was monster hunter but not quite as good, is that still the case? Does it offer anything over just restarting MH:W?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Control Volume posted:

I remember playing this back in the day and my memories are basically that it was monster hunter but not quite as good, is that still the case? Does it offer anything over just restarting MH:W?

1. it's free
2. u will die before you make any real progress in gears due to the hell grind

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Alder posted:

1. it's free
2. u will die before you make any real progress in gears due to the hell grind

Neither of these differentiate it from just restarting monster hunter!!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Neither of these differentiate it from just restarting monster hunter!!
Does this thread look like it's any good at convincing people to play the game? :colbert:

Speaking of unconvincing: I finally scraped together the fifty million gold and twenty thousand GP to buy a guild house for diabetic dogs. It costs ten million gold per month to maintain, which would have been nice to know in advance let's just say it might have changed my decision to buy the house gently caress you nexon. Luckily, I have a month to get that money together. I didn't completely bankrupt my characters to do this, thank goodness.

UPDATE:

THE SEX DUNGEON ISN'T INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 6, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

UPDATE:

THE SEX DUNGEON ISN'T INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE

Yeah all the extras not included and I've always felt 10m was expensive for monthly rent. Also, I think I've run into you during QB raids.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Yeah all the extras not included and I've always felt 10m was expensive for monthly rent. Also, I think I've run into you during QB raids.
Well, they do give you one gremlin doll to talk to, which I think is all you need. You also get one field, though I've yet to see if the 50k gold I spent on ore spores will produce enough minerals to pay that back.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Well, they do give you one gremlin doll to talk to, which I think is all you need. You also get one field, though I've yet to see if the 50k gold I spent on ore spores will produce enough minerals to pay that back.

luckily the whales of lion heart have already dropped 500m into our guild bank

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A Saint Patrick's Day event is here. More like Ain't Patrick am I right

quote:

Get Your Irish On!

Start Date March 12th (After Maintenance)
End Date March 26th (Before Maintenance)

Event Details

Once you complete the Battle of the Day, you will receive a Lucky Clover. (Max 5 per day) and with the amassed Lucky Clovers, you can receive various rewards from the Exchange Shop listed below.

Exchange Shop Items

Title: Green Dream
St. Patrick's Day Epaulet (30 Days)
Clodagh's Experimental Dye Ampoule (Filled)
Experimental Outfit Dye Ampoule (Filled)
Clover Juice
Do dailies, get clovers, exchange them for things. Event epaulets tend to be good; this one is because it's +5 to crit. Titles are always welcome. Dye ampoules? Can be good if you care about dyeing stuff. Clover juice? It'a a merc pot that also restores a bit of SP. Technically not a bad thing but it'd be the last thing I buy with my hard-earned clovers.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1106134437022949376

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1107885267933786112

Oh me oh my. Does this mean Miul is close? Or are they trying to remind us that there's something to look forward to and that we shouldn't give up on Vindictus in the face of not enough content or too many grindy events?

UPDATE: Oh. :ms:

quote:

Coming Up Next

New Character

There may be someone accompanying the other 13 heroes in the world of Vindictus.

Seasonal Map

It's getting warm and flowers will soon be blooming in the world of Vindictus. Hop on in and enjoy the floral touches of the Spring map which will be coming soon!

New Raid

Sit tight, the Season 3's Epilogue Episode 1 will be out soon with newly added raid content!

Pet Encyclopedia

Know your pets inside and out and manage them with the soon-to-be-added Pet Encyclopedia!

Altar of Memories

You will soon be able to go watch your previous stories at the Altar of Memories! (Location: As you exit Colhen and make your way to Rocheste, you will see the Temple on your left, and you can access the Altar of Memories at the Temple.)

There will be many more updates right around the corner that will also facilitate in your characters' growths and slight update to the UI!

* Note: There may be changes applied to what's been listed above without further notices.
I thought the Altar of Memories was already a thing? I recall someone complaining that Season 3 cutscenes aren't in there. Maybe that's what it means?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 19, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

tentatively waiting for miul update before summer.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Apparently Korea got her in December, so yeah, still a few months out unless they fast track her.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eira coming to NA next month and only took 4 months :v:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Eira coming to NA next month and only took 4 months :v:
The Miulra registration event is up but I had to switch from Firefox to Edge before I was allowed to log in to the website to register :thumbsup:

So anyway

quote:

EIRA Registration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_qoe--ADU

Eira, the master of revolver and dimensions can bend space at her will. She stalks the battlefield with her Mana Revolver, seeking her long lost sister, Arisha. Eira’s power to open portals and swiftly shift back and forth from different dimensions, allows her to attack and evade from anywhere and everywhere.
Most of the stuff in the package isn't super exciting but there's also a box with a full set of +12 Dullahan gear that can be opened by a Miul. Holy poo poo. That's more than worth the effort I made to register.

That video reminds me of something I noticed a while ago but didn't bother to mention: All of the playable characters' tragic backstories got added and you can see them in-game or read them on the forums. Did you know Evie is the only character with a college education and that Karok self-owned because he was in love with a crazy religious chick? Fun stuff.

quote:

Eira Warm-Up Attendance Event

Once you’re done signing up for the EIRA Registration Event, jump right into the game and get ready for Eira’s arrival with all the overflowing rewards from the Eira Warm-Up Attendance Event. Also, make sure you pay close attention to EIRA EXCLUSIVE item give out days! And don’t miss out!
There was a time, long ago, when I would say that the best thing about the Vindictus cash shop was that you could have fun playing without spending money. You didn't need to buy runes to get your gear to a usable state and all you could really find in the supply depot was cosmetics. Ever since Miri, they've flipped it around and are giving away the cosmetics for free while amping up raid requirements so you have to either pay for runes to upgrade your gear or buy things to sell to other people so you can afford pre-made gear.

Good thing I'm a long time player and have enough capital built up to get my chars to endgame numbers without spending real money :smugwizard: The rest of you guys? Grab the +12 Dullahan set or you're crippling yourself.

At The Grave of Madness, by H.P. Lovecat

quote:

Grave of Madness Update & Events!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPJOZUX6-so

Be prepared to face the notoriously barbaric and destructive raid boss, Agares!

Agares is a skilled hunter who can shatter a huge stone pillar into pieces with a single blow and uses physical strength to close in on its preys. The deep caves where you fight is Agares' hunting grounds, where you will face Agares, who wields the giant hammer. And will crush you into pieces.

In the midst of battles, Agares temporarily puts his hammer down and boasts its strength by wielding and swinging a giant pillar that looks almost impossible to even lift. Pillar attacks are slow, but their attack range is wide. Even a small move creates a shockwave and if you fail to dodge and are hit, you may take a large amount of damage. So, make sure to always be on your guard mercenaries.
This dude looks pretty drat badass. Predator mask? Badass. Giant hammer? Badass. Using stalactites as weapons? Badass. Unblockable AOEs? Never mind, he's an rear end in a top hat.

quote:

Sounds a bit intimidating? Fear not mercenaries, to support your victories, we have prepared events for you, so check them out below!

During the event period, you can obtain the event item from Season 3 Raid battles, including the Agares raid. And by using the event item, you will receive 1 random reward and 1 Exchange Shop Coupon.
Run Season 3 raids to get an event item. The item, when used, gives a random comsumable and a coupon that can be turned in for a variety of potions, upgrade materials, and AP caps. That stuff's alright. What's special is that you can turn in coupons to get essences for Season 3 accessories. You know, stuff like Eochaid's Essence. This is a rare opportunity.

quote:

Enchant of Madness Event

During the Enchant of Madness Event period, the Grave of Madness battle rewards, the drop rates for Sealed Enchant Scroll and Truth Enchant Scroll will be DOUBLED! And on top of the DOUBLED drop rate, there will be +1 additional departure for Grave of Madness every day during the event period!
I could have sworn they bump up drop rates for raids when they first come out and now Nexon is saying outright that they're doing it for this raid. I wonder if this is a sign I was right all along... :thunk:

The Encyclopedia Pettanica is here but it's not actually called that because Vindictus doesn't do crossover events any more

quote:

Pet Encyclopedia

With the use of the NEWLY ADDED Pet Encyclopedia, you can now see the pets that you have shared many memories with and gain better insights of your pets. In addition, the Pet Encyclopedia allows you to see pets that you have not yet acquired.

Depending on the levels and ranks of the pets you currently have in your Pet Encyclopedia, you will receive various Pet Effects.

And through the use of Pet Effects from your pets, your character can receive various benefits in battles.

If you are new to the pet system, no worries! When you complete the Pet Encyclopedia story with the Strange Traveler, you will be rewarded with [Pet: Junior Chieftain] for completing the story!
The Junior Chieftain is one of the best pets to have and getting one for free should be fantastic. However, the game still won't let me use the name SmolChieftain, which is bullshit. I demand an explanation!

quote:

Pet Vanguard

Pets can now join the Partholon Vanguard! Grow pets to max level and form a Vanguard party. Each character can be accompanied by up to three pets. Depart for Vanguard Missions with pets, and receive various additional benefits!
This is a good way to put those otherwise unhelpful pets to use. Mostly combat pets in my case, because any battle I can't steamroll is probably a battle where the average pet will get itself squished and I can't be bothered to dedicate a slot on my quickbars to pet revival feathers.

P.S. It's not practically possible to use Pet Vanguard now because they raised the level cap for pets from 30 to 50 without telling anyone. Good job Nexon.

quote:

Promote and Search for Party Members!

You can now look for party members in game by utilizing the NEWLY ADDED PARTY menu, which can be accessed via the main menu as shown below:
[Pictures omitted because I don't think it's necessary]
Now you can Invite, Promote, and leave party with ease!
I thought this was going to be a way to find parties made for a purpose but aren't locked to a particular battle, but I took a look and I can't figure out how to see parties someone else has made. I don't get it. Are my expectations wrong?

UPDATE:

As is often the case, an unannounced feature is the highlight of an update. Quick character change! My morning routine will go slightly faster now! Hell yes!

UPDATE 2:

There's now a quest from the Strange Traveler to bring him an Eochaid Essence and an Abomination (Belt) Essence. If you do that, he gives you two accessories that have been enhanced to +15. That gives you 40 counterforce, which isn't bad at all.

UPDATE 3: Goddammit Riordan's still alive

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 26, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

the best items are the free avatar stuff imho now there's no reason to spend :20bux: for customization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1112626633821687813

Coming soon: Sad Dad Adventures?