Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Plz watch Raw next week and then come back and tell me it is like NXT.
NXT is MAYBE a little melodramatic right now, but, in my opinion, they have performers and writers capable of pulling it off. Idk, I like melodrama in my fake sports. I'm still along for the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Gargano-Ciampa feud has been drawn out too long just send them to 205 live already

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The Gargano-Ciampa feud has been drawn out too long just send them to 205 live already

Gargano/Murphy would be the 5-star match with the least crowd reaction ever.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jonah Rock is supposed to be headed to WWE in January per a source that I forgot.

Rovert, regarding the people going to WWE/NXT in January..are we more going to be surprised by the amount of the people signed or who is signing?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So who do we have so far?

ACH
Shane Strickland
Trevor Lee
WALTER
Sam Shaw
Jonah Rock

Who am I missing?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1069491649464680450

I'm guessing Mercedes Martinez is one of them, probably in a Kassius Ohno type role.

I don't know who the longtime tag team would be. I can't imagine it's Daniels-Kazarian but maybe so.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can't imagine it's Daniels-Kazarian but maybe so.

Their contracts are up post-Final Battle and Dave said last month they were offered extensions they didn't sign yet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Only if they say "THIS IS THE WORST PROMOTION I'VE EVER BEEN IN!" the second they get to Raw.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing Mercedes Martinez is one of them, probably in a Kassius Ohno type role.

Her twitter has her booked for indie shows in February, so I doubt it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Rovert, regarding the people going to WWE/NXT in January..are we more going to be surprised by the amount of the people signed or who is signing?

Are you not already? No one left that I know of is a bigger star than those already public.

The amount will change between now and January as there's another NXT tryout in two weeks, WWE signing everyone on the indies or trying to and whatever happens when ROH and New Japan deals are up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I definitely am. I guess I was just expecting them to sign others from Japan and Mexico.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

People thought they had more time before all of our worst fears about the territories' future wound up being realized

HHH saw his opportunity and didn't want to wait

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Triple H's assassination of the indies is moving as six thousand times the pace that they're ironing out details for overseas NXT tours and assembled independents. I wouldn't have minded so much if EVOLVE was on the Network and just featured their newest NXT signees for a couple months before making it to NXT proper, or if NXT UK wasn't like 7 weeks of old tapes but right now NXT just looks like an aging man with a hoarding problem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince will decide to cancel all of the worldwide nxts one day because it seems stupid or something and there will be 650 wrestlers signed to WWE with less than 120 of them working at all on any level and half that amount ever being seen anywhere besides a small crowd once in a while. all of wrestling is very healthy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

vince will decide to cancel all of the worldwide nxts one day because it seems stupid or something and there will be 650 wrestlers signed to WWE with less than 120 of them working at all on any level and half that amount ever being seen anywhere besides a small crowd once in a while. all of wrestling is very healthy

Vince will lose money to keep anyone else from making it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Often Cavauro's posts are jokes. I do not think this is one of them.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NJPW survived being raided a couple times and actually came out ahead, hopefully this trend continues elsewhere

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jackie D posted:

NJPW survived being raided a couple times and actually came out ahead, hopefully this trend continues elsewhere

NJPW is well positioned to survive raids because they have solid writing, booking, and the best training system in the world. Look at how NJPW handled the the loss of Gallows, Anderson, Styles and Nakamura vs. ROH and the loss of Roddy, Cole, Bobby, and Kyle. I don't think many other promotions have that kind of infrastructure.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WWE is also racist as gently caress so they're never going to take more than 2 or 3 of New Japan's native talent, only the gaijin.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The dojo system and being in Japan are a huge boon for NJPW. Its hard to convince a native Japan talent to leave the company that trained them to go live full time in America. Especially compared to convincing UK indie guys to move to Florida.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

NJPW is well positioned to survive raids because they have solid writing, booking, and the best training system in the world. Look at how NJPW handled the the loss of Gallows, Anderson, Styles and Nakamura vs. ROH and the loss of Roddy, Cole, Bobby, and Kyle. I don't think many other promotions have that kind of infrastructure.

ROH survived those losses by posting record business and buzz, with percentage gains possibly bigger than NJPW did.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Only two of those guys from NJPW came through the training system, though (Anderson and Nakamura). And don't forget that 2.5 of those ROH guys were NJPW regulars too (Adam Cole wasn't as crucial to storyline but frequently competing there, and reDRagon were tag champs).

The booking and contracts are solid though, that's in their favor.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

ROH survived those losses by posting record business and buzz, with percentage gains possibly bigger than NJPW did.

Because of all the Bullet Club stuff, which is, uh, from New Japan?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Because of all the Bullet Club stuff, which is, uh, from New Japan?

They will be gone in 2019 and I'm predicting the biggest average attendance in ROH history for the first half of the year.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

They will be gone in 2019 and I'm predicting the biggest average attendance in ROH history for the first half of the year.

Attendance changes notoriously lag behind changes to the product. Come back in 2020.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 6, 2018

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Wrong thread. Derp.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 6, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH spoilers still ongoing and I'll post the full stuff when it's done

Elite is gone except for Marty, but he found some more friends and isn't stuck alone

PCO and Brody King

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH TV

Internet exclusive:
Bouncers defeat Sons of Savagery
Best Friends, Jay Lethal and Flip Gordon defeat the Young Bucks, Cody and Hangman Page. Postmatch the Elite hug and say their goodbyes, but Bully Ray comes out with a mic and says this arena will never be their house, and he, Silas Young, the Briscoes and Shane Taylor attack and lay everyone out

Jeff Cobb defeats Luchasaurus
Sumie Sakai and Jenny Rose defeat Sea Stars
Kelly Klein retains Women of Honor title over Nikki Adamse. Postmatch Jenny issues a street fight challenge for the belt Jan 13, Klein accepts
Christopher Daniels says goodbye. COO Joe Koff comes out and offers him a new contract, before he can accept Taylor comes out and kills him with a chair, then stands over him and rips up the contract
Dalton Castle pins Chris Sabin in a four-way (also featuring Flip and Marty Scurll) for an ROH title shot. Lethal comes out postmatch and shakes Dalton's hand
ZSJ submits Tracy Williams
Britt Baker and Madison Rayne defeat Twizted Sisters
The Briscoes defeat SCU (Kaz and Scorpio Sky). Postmatch SCU get a standing ovation and goodbye
Kingdom try to attack Marty now that the Elite are gone. Marty said there's no reason he can't make new friends, lights go out twice and come back to reveal PCO and Brody King. They stand tall after attacking Kingdom, and Marty dubs this trio Villain Enterprises
Eli Isom (with Ryan Nova) defeats Facade in a tournament match for #1 contender to Cobb's TV title
Rush defeats TK O'Ryan. Postmatch Vinny Marseglia distracts Rush, and the Kingdom lay out Rush with an attack and conchairto
Juice Robinson gets a DQ win over PJ Black. Postmatch Juice says you'll see a lot of him in ROH in 2019
Taylor squashes Mike Law. Postmatch Taylor says nobody put him up to attack Daniels, and he's just getting started making statements around here
Colt Cabana interviews Flip, who wants an ROH title shot. Kenny King comes out and says he deserves a shot more and Flip's just a weekend warrior paid to join the reserves
Silas defeats Beer City Bruiser in a no DQ match
Villain Enterprises come out for a trios title match with Kingdom. Matt Taven says they have to earn the shot, so instead Kingdom have, and win, a squash trios match against Cheesburger, Isom and Nova. PCO gets the win with a moonsault

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 16, 2018

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wait is the elite gone from ROH? I'm not following

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Their contracts expired and they are starting their own promotion All Elite Wrestling (AEW)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh alright. Yeah good for them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Will drop a video at New Year.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ah yeah.it all clicked now. My bad

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

rovert posted:

Will drop a video at New Year.

Announcing it before the Dome?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Any reason why they didn't take Marty Scurll with them?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Le Saboteur posted:

Any reason why they didn't take Marty Scurll with them?

IIRC he still has a year on his ROH contract

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

juice and zack and haskins are really good adds. they positioned cobb, flip and scurll well to be the pushed guys last night. would prefer for AEW to be the #2 promotion but roh rebuilding is more interesting than what they've been doing

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH TV

Internet exclusive:
Bouncers defeat Sons of Savagery
Best Friends, Jay Lethal and Flip Gordon defeat the Young Bucks, Cody and Hangman Page. Postmatch the Elite hug and say their goodbyes, but Bully Ray comes out with a mic and says this arena will never be their house, and he, Silas Young, the Briscoes and Shane Taylor attack and lay everyone out

Jeff Cobb defeats Luchasaurus
Sumie Sakai and Jenny Rose defeat Twizted Sisters
Kelly Klein retains Women of Honor title over Nikki Adamse. Postmatch Jenny Rose issues a street fight challenge for the belt Jan 13, Klein accepts
Christopher Daniels says goodbye. COO Joe Koff comes out and offers him a new contract, before he can accept Taylor comes out and kills him with a chair, then stands over him and rips up the contract
Dalton Castle pins Chris Sabin in a four-way (also featuring Flip and Marty Scurll) for an ROH title shot. Lethal comes out postmatch and shakes Dalton's hand
ZSJ submits Tracy Williams
Britt Baker and Madison Rayne defeat Twizted Sisters
The Briscoes defeat SCU (Kaz and Scorpio Sky). Postmatch SCU get a standing ovation and goodbye
Kingdom try to attack Marty now that the Elite are gone. Marty said there's no reason he can't make new friends, lights go out twice and come back to reveal PCO and Brody King. They stand tall after attacking Kingdom, and Marty dubs this trio Villain Enterprises
Eli Isom (with Ryan Nova) defeats Facade in a tournament match for #1 contender to Cobb's TV title
Rush defeats TK O'Ryan. Postmatch Vinny Marseglia distracts Rush, and the Kingdom lay out Rush with an attack and conchairto
Juice Robinson gets a DQ win over PJ Black. Postmatch Juice says you'll see a lot of him in ROH in 2019
Taylor squashes Mike Law. Postmatch Taylor says nobody put him up to attack Daniels, and he's just getting started making statements around here
Colt Cabana interviews Flip, who wants an ROH title shot. Kenny King comes out and says he deserves a shot more and Flip's just a weekend warrior paid to join the reserves
Silas defeats Beer City Bruiser in a no DQ match
Villain Enterprises come out for a trios title match with Kingdom. Matt Taven says they have to earn the shot, so instead Kingdom have, and win, a squash trios match against Cheesburger, Isom and Nova. PCO gets the win with a moonsault

Small correction here. Sumie and Jenny defeated Sea Stars (Ashley Vox & Delmi Exo).

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Of course you'd correct over the womens match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah you drat perv!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

yeah you drat perv!