Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Needs more happy slime references.
OK, fine jeez.

Winter Season 2019: Slime with the best, run like the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally started running. Why didn't anyone say it's just haikyu! but also there's a dog?

Also Prince runs like a Dark Souls boss and is obviously the best.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kater posted:

I finally started running. Why didn't anyone say it's just haikyu! but also there's a dog?

Also Prince runs like a Dark Souls boss and is obviously the best.

Prince is honestly one of the best characters in a cast of already great characters. Just be aware that the show is on break until Jan 8th :negative:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Prince is character of the year IMO

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Expect My Mom posted:

Prince is character of the year IMO

If we're talking characters of the year, I just can't stop thinking about Hellshake Yano...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

If we're talking characters of the year, I just can't stop thinking about Hellshake Yano...

Who can?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I immediately lose interest in every anime I watch after three episodes. If I've watched and enjoyed episodes 8 and 9, what would be a good third episode of Zombieland to watch before dropping it forever?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

I immediately lose interest in every anime I watch after three episodes. If I've watched and enjoyed episodes 8 and 9, what would be a good third episode of Zombieland to watch before dropping it forever?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I cannot help enable this behavior !

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
5 is definitely one of the strongest episodes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spyce doing good work on making a straight line to my most disappointing of the season list

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Spyce doing good work on making a straight line to my most disappointing of the season list

Has the yuri been decent at least? This season has some of the strongest yuri since 20xx (insert last best yuri season).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Has the yuri been decent at least? This season has some of the strongest yuri since 20xx (insert last best yuri season).

Ehh the show Turned one half of the other couple evil and it doesn't seem to be a trick to lure the bad guys into a trap, and it killed* (may change in final episode) 2 other people that were part of a triangle. The Yuri just gets drowned out by the Takahiro TBH

Better of watching Anima Yell and Miss Vampire if you want something else to watch for Yuri along with Bloom into You

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ehh the show Turned one half of the other couple evil and it doesn't seem to be a trick to lure the bad guys into a trap, and it killed* (may change in final episode) 2 other people that were part of a triangle. The Yuri just gets drowned out by the Takahiro TBH

Better of watching Anima Yell and Miss Vampire if you want something else to watch for Yuri along with Bloom into You

I watch Bloom, Anima Yell and Akanesasu for my yuri kicks this season. I'll probably binge Ms Vampire at the end of the season.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

2 is the best zombie idol episode and I will not hear otherwise.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

2 is the best zombie idol episode and I will not hear otherwise.
Rap Battles of Saga is good, but 5 has Mud-Olympics and Nice Birds.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Akanesasu seems like nice, wholesome yuri with the occasional sicknasty magical battle so far. Probably a decent alternative to Release the Spyce.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

you should pay more attention cause they dropped like half a dozen hints the betrayal wasn't for real

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe Himote House is making a strong case for Pop Team Epic being the second weirdest show this year

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sindai posted:

I can't believe Himote House is making a strong case for Pop Team Epic being the second weirdest show this year

Go on...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

Potential AOTY contender?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Davincie posted:

you should pay more attention cause they dropped like half a dozen hints the betrayal wasn't for real

[Eh even if it's fakeout I'm beyond caring right now cause everything to do with this final arc has just been done in such a way to make me not care about the stakes. it just feels badly written and also badly directed too...[

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

It's still lame OP.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This ace attorney case is amazing lmao

Mr Cashanova shot by Avery Richman, as the Goldstruck Republic was a threat to the American Economy, and the prosecutor is from the DoJ.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Sindai posted:

A little joke that didn't get translated is that in the credits all of the cast are using fake names like voice actors do when doing hentai, and they're all puns/voice actor in-jokes.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Greblin posted:

A little joke that didn't get translated is that in the credits all of the cast are using fake names like voice actors do when doing hentai, and they're all puns/voice actor in-jokes.

Obvious thing: Each ending features the cast cosplaying another anime.

Less obvious thing: The episode titles are referencing the anime they're cosplaying. Episode 9, where they cosplay Bakemonogatari characters is titled "The Story You Don't Know", which is also the title of Bakemonogatari's first ending.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Today's was a very immoral episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M9QNrm5kR4

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I should go back and finish s1 of that

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:same:

I'm current with the manga though so it's hard to keep up enthusiasm for adaptions of stuff I've already read which is kinda why I fell off to start with

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just forget everything the second after you've read it like me

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That's my special recipe for enjoying life anyway.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a really powerful skill

me on the other hand, will forget why I walked into a room but remember every detail of some book or movie or manga I read/watched years ago which makes revisiting things kind of tedious :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the worst fate of all would be remembering everything you've posted online

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember the names of all who have wronged me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I saw the movie Mirai, and lol of course hosoda can't go 90 minutes without working in a scene with anthropomorphic animals somewhere

Anyway it wasn't terribly my thing. It's kind of a series of vignettes about a kid learning to appreciate his family by skipping around time, and they're individually sweet but as an entire movie it doesn't feel like comes to anything. His last few movies have all been kind of sappy about family, and I'm a bit of a sucker for that, but this didn't really land for me. maybe it'd resound more if you have kids, I don't know.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tangents posted:

I saw the movie Mirai, and lol of course hosoda can't go 90 minutes without working in a scene with anthropomorphic animals somewhere

Anyway it wasn't terribly my thing. It's kind of a series of vignettes about a kid learning to appreciate his family by skipping around time, and they're individually sweet but as an entire movie it doesn't feel like comes to anything. His last few movies have all been kind of sappy about family, and I'm a bit of a sucker for that, but this didn't really land for me. maybe it'd resound more if you have kids, I don't know.

Hosoda ditched his screenwriting partner after Wolf Children and you can really really tell

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

an actual dog posted:

Hosoda ditched his screenwriting partner after Wolf Children and you can really really tell

I definitely thought Boy and the Beast was his weakest (but still ok) film and this explains a lot. Still haven’t seen Mirai but my expectations are pretty low at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Didn't Wolf Children not also have a questionable take or conclusion or something on mixed children?