Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Boiled Water posted:

can you actually make money ubering? i mean with gas and maintenance is it a net positive?

to the tune of less than minimum wage, in some markets, yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
basically right up there with that goon who runs a farm of ad clickers on his dozens of android devices for pennies a day, but with a greater chance of personal injury and potential liability

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Boiled Water posted:

can you actually make money ubering? i mean with gas and maintenance is it a net positive?

can't say i know. i think people do make some money, but often sub-minimum-wage, and taking huge personal risks in the process

i think it is safe to assume that every uber driver is in it out of either desperation or stupidity

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boiled Water posted:

no

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Boiled Water posted:

if you're in one of the like four good markets you can work more or less as many hours as you want and make ~$25/hr before tax. everywhere else it's $7-12, and most markets are 3-5 hours a day

the smart thing to do if you want to do uber is wait for one of their big new driver promotions where they pay you a $100 bonus for your first drive and then stop once you get the bonus payment

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
you're asking questions that miss the point entirely.

people drive for uber for the appearance of gainful employment and to keep busy enough to keep the suicidal thoughts at bay during long periods of unemployment.

it's also handy to avoid the social stigma of joblessness. they can say that they're not jobless to people with a straight face, and have it be true, but in a purely technical sense of course.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Laslow posted:

you're asking questions that miss the point entirely.

people drive for uber for the appearance of gainful employment and to keep busy enough to keep the suicidal thoughts at bay during long periods of unemployment.

it's also handy to avoid the social stigma of joblessness. they can say that they're not jobless to people with a straight face, and have it be true, but in a purely technical sense of course.

fuckin uber stealing a hard-working jobs from the dick sucking factory

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Seems legit. Scabs out of YOSPOS, this is a union shop.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

shitposters local 219

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

shitposters local 219

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i made something

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Achmed Jones posted:

i made something

Not amberpos/greenpos with transparency 0/10

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

should also say established april 20th 1969

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I agree with both of those comments

if I ever open the file again I will do the thing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there is no money being made driving Uber. nobody is correctly assessing the wear and depreciation of their vehicle. on average an Uber driver drives 1 mile empty for ever mile with passenger. that’s doubling the costs for every passenger mile and cutting the pay in half.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Management posted:

there is no money being made driving Uber. nobody is correctly assessing the wear and depreciation of their vehicle. on average an Uber driver drives 1 mile empty for ever mile with passenger. that’s doubling the costs for every passenger mile and cutting the pay in half.

i took three lyfts while travelling two months ago and two of the drivers just out of nowhere were like 'signing up for this was a big mistake'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one of the drivers had made a life bet and sold everything to move from podunk texas to a major metro area and got his lease and poo poo thru lyft and was just completely hamstrung

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
you mean leasing a top of the line escalade and driving it for a pittance wasn't a savvy financial move? color me shocked.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

graph posted:

i took three lyfts while travelling two months ago and two of the drivers just out of nowhere were like 'signing up for this was a big mistake'

"dude i don't smell that bad do i"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you mean leasing a top of the line escalade and driving it for a pittance wasn't a savvy financial move? color me shocked.

this one in particular was like a used lincoln continental or smth

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

saving this for reasons

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Nice

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

art

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Would literally buy T-shirt of.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

finally a phone that can sense my P

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Management posted:

finally a phone that can sense my P

you know phones have had pedometers forever right

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pinterest Mom posted:

you know phones have had pedometers forever right

this would be the first to have a scanning electron microscope though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

same

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

carry on then posted:

this would be the first to have a scanning electron microscope though

:thurman:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

imagine the kinds of construction projects built using the android bubble level and measuring tool

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

same

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

LastInLine posted:

imagine the kinds of construction projects built using the android bubble level and measuring tool

this isn’t the musk thread FYI

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
musk is actually the guy using the pedometer

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok i put it on teespring along with the same image from the sticker i made for defcon

https://teespring.com/stores/shirts-for-computer-touchers

i've never done a teespring thing so lmk if i screwed something up or w/e

it wouldn't let me put the shirts for 0 profit, and when i tried like $0.10 profit, it said that was too low as well. so i guess i make like $0.50 - $1.50 depending on exchange rate and what the next round dollar/euro was

i also tried to make a shirt of 'john brown free 'em all 1859 south is a gently caress' but it got immediately taken down for copyright even though i made it from a public domain image. i totally bit the idea from somebody here though, it was a really good idea. i opened an IP escalation for that :shrug:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if you don’t want to make a profit just donate it to something.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Achmed Jones posted:

ok i put it on teespring along with the same image from the sticker i made for defcon

https://teespring.com/stores/shirts-for-computer-touchers

i've never done a teespring thing so lmk if i screwed something up or w/e

it wouldn't let me put the shirts for 0 profit, and when i tried like $0.10 profit, it said that was too low as well. so i guess i make like $0.50 - $1.50 depending on exchange rate and what the next round dollar/euro was

i also tried to make a shirt of 'john brown free 'em all 1859 south is a gently caress' but it got immediately taken down for copyright even though i made it from a public domain image. i totally bit the idea from somebody here though, it was a really good idea. i opened an IP escalation for that :shrug:

No 6XLT? Hard loving pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

The Management posted:

uh, it's my dumb stepdad's prius, and mom pays for the gas, so that's $30 right in my pocket, do you know any other 32 year old men pulling that kind of money every day?