Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I really enjoyed both JK and Act-Age when they were Jump Starts so I'm excited to be able to read them all with the new Shonen Jump without having to rely on inconsistent scans since I tend to forget they've updated or what happened since the last chapter with the latter.

Wait I missed a trick, are they adding JK and Act age to the lineup for WSJ Alpha V2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yes they will be adding a bunch of new series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Act Age is great.

It's probably my favorite of the new series that have been added this year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My favorite bit from Act Age (early on, at least) is how they refer to method acting in hushed tones, like it's some kind of forbidden technique.

That girl...it's like she becomes another person!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Haryana-san truly appears nonchalant when he makes an amazing snooker pot. Incredible!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite bit from Act Age (early on, at least) is how they refer to method acting in hushed tones, like it's some kind of forbidden technique.

That girl...it's like she becomes another person!
lol

I do like that it's a less nasty Glass Mask at least so far. The director guy does kinda ignore that Yonagi is mentally ill in some way but he treats her well and gets along with her little siblings well too, so he comes off more short sighted rather than controlling and exploitative.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Marry Grave
This time we end the flashback and jump right into a pretty odd twist. A young Marry and I think that's going to confirm some degree of cloning or genetic engineering on behalf of the order of gravekeepers

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter of Marry Grave
This time we end the flashback and jump right into a pretty odd twist. A young Marry and I think that's going to confirm some degree of cloning or genetic engineering on behalf of the order of gravekeepers

I am more surprised they didn't cleared why was Marry unable to use magic (and still is unable in the early-stages-of-search flashback), when she was able to use it in later flashbacks. I was almost certain the twist was she was pregnant which blocks the use of magic, but it would be probably mentioned (or visible) by now. As for young Marry clone, I think we'll have to wait, until there is more shown about her. Identical stranger is a cliche manga in general is pretty fond of, so I wouldn't go into cloning just yet.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I also realize that i've been calling Rosalie, 'Marry' because of the title.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
it's been literally a hundred years since sawyer has seen a young rosalie, people's memories fade over time, you tend to even forget your family's faces after like a decade

she could just be someone who looks sorta similar

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I also realize that i've been calling Rosalie, 'Marry' because of the title.

Same. :v:

It sounded vaguely wrong, but I didn't know why. It has been too long since last chapter.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

HenryEx posted:

it's been literally a hundred years since sawyer has seen a young rosalie, people's memories fade over time, you tend to even forget your family's faces after like a decade

It's only been like 20, she spent her entire life on that journey and only finished it when she was very, very old. He's also not, you know, human anymore.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought Sawyer started his journey 40 years ago.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Can we assume that Sawyer got his currently not-poo poo magic abilities through the connection to Rosalie from the resurrection spell?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Ytlaya posted:

Can we assume that Sawyer got his currently not-poo poo magic abilities through the connection to Rosalie from the resurrection spell?

Its because he is immortal. He can both make the best use out of any magical reagents, and also has had a long time to improve his magic abilities.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its because he is immortal. He can both make the best use out of any magical reagents, and also has had a long time to improve his magic abilities.

Oh, I forgot about the thing where he can make the best use out of reagant, though I feel like he had to consume the reagant or something (I need to reread the beginning).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Abandon ship Rizu fans! This isn't going anywhere!:(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I believe in Rizu being able to make this go somewhere :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
only in a harem manga would such a heavy flirting session be a confirmation that they won't end up together.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Ogata is for Sekijou anyways.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

only in a harem manga would such a heavy flirting session be a confirmation that they won't end up together.

Everyone knows that sex in harem manga always ends in unplanned teenage pregnancy and then the child is hit by a truck 16 years later.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpazmasterX posted:

Everyone knows that sex in harem manga always ends in unplanned teenage pregnancy and then the child is hit by a truck 16 years later.
lol jesus

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The next chapter begins with Rizu leading Nariyuki to school on a dog collar.

I wonder why Nariyuki wants to turn down the recommendation. Isn't it just something to help him get into college (which would benefit him for most careers)?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder why Nariyuki wants to turn down the recommendation. Isn't it just something to help him get into college (which would benefit him for most careers)?

Maybe he'll try to argue that one of the girls should have it over him for their chosen subject.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ytlaya posted:

It would mean leaving his mom and sisters is likely the logic

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Seo needs an editor who will reign his poo poo in with the collective force of a Shin Megami Tensei game’s worth of angry gods.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dexo posted:

It would mean leaving his mom and sisters is likely the logic

I'm not sure about that, since his whole motive for getting the recommendation was to make money to help his family, and nothing new has happened that would increase the need for him to be at home. It's also possible the recommendation is for a college connected to his high school (I think this is a thing for some colleges in Japan?), in which case he wouldn't even necessarily need to stop living at home.

vvv But the recommendation is connected to him helping the girls and he doesn't seem like the kind of character to stop it just because he's tired of tutoring them. Whatever dreams he has, unless he secretly wants to do sports or acting or something, is likely going to benefit from the recommendation.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 16, 2018

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Maybe he's just tired of always being the responsible one. And seeing his friends go out and follow their dreams, while he's stuck at home working his balls off in order to provide for his family is getting to him.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I guess it's technically seinen, but Gyaru and Dinosaur is amusing me by how derpy as gently caress this dinosaur is

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looks like the Shonen Jump website finally changed, and they are experiencing some technical issues.

Oh wait, it's working now. And they changed the reader!

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Looks like the Shonen Jump website finally changed, and they are experiencing some technical issues.

Oh wait, it's working now. And they changed the reader!

Jujutsu Kaisen chapters goes 1-3 for free, 4-6 for pay then chap 40 which I don't think the scans are close to. My last read was 31.

I do like the better reader though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not using flash anymore then?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It's still early. Let's give them some time to get things organized.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new simulpubs are gonna get their backlog chapters filled in as time goes on.

Also I can see Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen getting physical releases.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Irritated Goat posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen chapters goes 1-3 for free, 4-6 for pay then chap 40 which I don't think the scans are close to. My last read was 31.

I do like the better reader though.

For fucks sake lol

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

They are adding roughly 10,000 chapters of stuff. Of course this is going to take a while to get rolling.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
I just use the app and I am dying for a search and subscribe features.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess it's technically seinen, but Gyaru and Dinosaur is amusing me by how derpy as gently caress this dinosaur is

I love that comic and posted some choice screenshots/pages in the Romance thread (since it was originally posted there for some reason). I like how the translator translates the gyaru-speak.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They said the archive will take a while and it's wierd but clicking on the icon's lower half opens the latest chapter and the upper half the whole series which was erroring

This lad is one of their iOS devs and giving updates on things

https://twitter.com/jeffinitelyjeff

1.99 a month for a rake of series and all their chapters owns and they come out on sundays for free so if you steal in their covered territories it is deeply shameful :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not using flash anymore then?

Yes, its thankfully not using flash anymore.

It seems to be a pretty good reader. Although, I do wish the grey bars at the top and bottom would go away in full screen mode. Also, I wish the manga descriptions would be a little bit more in depth than a single sentence.