Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

goodbye Josh Frydenberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/murpharoo/status/1074275573784932353

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Lmao, get our dick further down your throat like that smart American.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Why are we such lazy and dumb copycats?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Anidav posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Anidav posted:

The french riot over class warfare and then people over here want to do the same thing... over immigration.

Seriously gently caress this country.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

You Am I posted:

Bill getting lovely about the Anti-Adani protestor

Gotta keep digging that coal hey Bill, even though it goes against your carbon levels policy

But they're not going to burn it in Australia, so how does it effect us?

:thunk:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

starkebn posted:

But they're not going to burn it in Australia, so how does it effect us?

:thunk:

Let’s build a wall

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jay gonna do a Don Dunstan and come over to the better state :smug:

Hopefully Michael Sukkar's 2PP is looking similarly poo poo for his seat as well.

No only has ScoMo pissed off all Muslims with his decision, he has also infuriated the right wing ultra nationalist Jews with only accepting half of Jerusalem.

This man skills of loving up things and pissing as many people off as possible are amazing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yellow jacket page is too stupid for a Monday morning.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Yellow jacket page is too stupid for a Monday morning.

WE THE PEOPLE

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They're complaining there are already splits and it's "going to work out like reclaim again" fuckin lol

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Yellow Jackets Australia is heavy Q Anon and pushing things like protests against vaccines and libertarianism. Basically a brain rotted boomer nest.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

we demand to speak to a manager about our national sovereignty

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

lol at loving donna from accounts throwing up the heil hitler in the background there

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress, donna. we've talked about this before.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Australian is reporting ScoMo will today announce a 30bn budget surplus.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

seriously???

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

The Australian is reporting ScoMo will today announce a 30bn budget surplus.

loving how? They have killed off most ways of generating revenue by tax cuts for their rich mates and businesses as well as the carbon pricing.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Its a forecast of surplus...

https://twitter.com/TheKouk/status/1074405539910639616

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
At a training course and the trainer is an 85% accurate Malcolm Turnbull clone. Waiting to see if scomo shows up to take over on Friday

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

single seat pollings largely useless but it would own if this happened

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

avshalemon posted:

we demand to speak to a manager about our national sovereignty

Did she look around at everyone wearing their visvest the right way around and go "yeah, I'm doing this right" :downs:

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Oh cool - the Enron approach....

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

You Am I posted:

loving how? They have killed off most ways of generating revenue by tax cuts for their rich mates and businesses as well as the carbon pricing.

There are a bunch of factors but three come to mind:
  • The terms of trade have been fairly high over the past 18 months so we have higher than expected export income (this is likely to fall fairly soon);
  • Somewhat relatedly, companies that aren’t deliberately evading tax have used up their losses from the GFC and are now paying more tax;
  • The big drop in collections from company tax cuts hasn’t happened yet because so far they apply primarily to smaller, local companies. Because of the way we tax dividends, most of that fall has been offset by shareholders paying more personal tax. The corporate cuts will only bite once they apply to multinationals (the ones who do pay any tax)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

NSW Greens to split today?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

which hand has the ring on it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats the point of a surplus if you don’t use it for growth

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bowmore posted:

whats the point of a surplus if you don’t use it for growth

You use it to sit on a mountain of hoarded gold and skulls talking about self reliance.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Where's that graph with the projected growth but it just continues downward every year?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

screaden posted:

Where's that graph with the projected growth but it just continues downward every year?

That’s the wage growth projection graph iirc

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

screaden posted:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they're secretly hoping for a gruesome terrorist attack between now and the next election

Do terrorist attacks actually affect elections? I remember reading about some study that suggested that they don't really, aside from massive, national psyche shattering events like 9/11.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
yeah lol the Jerusalem announcement has loving flopped, even amongst the Zionists because of the "western" part.

like if the government had even consulted with anyone, they would've been told this. what a joke government.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Graphs like this just make me feel tired.

Purk
Aug 9, 2017
They revised down their predicted wage growth and did the usual "things are good we don't know why wages aren't increasing."

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Aaaahhh that's the stuff

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
trickle-down economics cannot fail, it can only be failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

snoremac posted:

gently caress off with “fair go”, “fair dinkum”, all this appropriated crap none of you Tory swine have ever said in your lives.

Serious question, do people often call the Liberal party "Tories" like they do in Canada and the UK?