Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lambert posted:

It literally is. Razer Synapse requires you to create a login/password for their lovely mouse driver.

This is almost as dumb as bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Fatkraken posted:

What have I missed?

Bitcoin did this:

So the Chinese did this:

Then Bitcoin did this:

Now the Chinese are doing this:
https://my.mixtape.moe/cfpalz.webm

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Also, Mark Karpelès might get another Japanese prison diet.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

hello Butt thread, I've been out the loop for a while. Like 3 years or something. Last time I was a regular in these threads it was Butterfly labs, MTGOX imploding, $1000 per coin (sometimes, lol) and that one guy being a pedo in Thailand or Cambodia or something

so

What have I missed?

Bitcoin has skyrocketed to over $3,000 per coin, which is insane. What other investment triples in value in just three years? You’d normally have to get in on a major tech company IPO or something to see that kind of return. Most everyone in here is on the “buy, buy, buy” bandwagon.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Lambert posted:

Also, Mark Karpelès might get another Japanese prison diet.

All u can eat katsudon

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Bitcoin has skyrocketed to over $3,000 per coin, which is insane. What other investment triples in value in just three years? You’d normally have to get in on a major tech company IPO or something to see that kind of return. Most everyone in here is on the “buy, buy, buy” bandwagon.

Didn't AMD have a massive stock jump around the time of the Ryzen rumors, announcement and eventual release and acceptance?

Something like between 2016 and 2018 there was a window where the stock value went from a little over $2 to about $30 a share. I seem to remember a few people who wished they'd invest everything into it about 4 years ago when it was at its lowest, in retrospect.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It was early 2016 when it was 2 a share. I bought some then and sold at 12.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

What have I missed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelF6zEHXpE

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Lol my graphics card just died and I'm super surprised to see how cheap mid-range cards are now. I wonder whyyyyy

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
“Bitcoin has never been under threat, and after this fall, it will rise again, shake off the dust and go further, because bitcoin today is not something fictional - it is a real currency recognized by many countries.
Now all weaklings will run away from this market and there will be only those who truly believe”

:allears:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Mr.PayDay posted:

“Bitcoin has never been under threat, and after this fall, it will rise again, shake off the dust and go further, because bitcoin today is not something fictional - it is a real currency recognized by many countries.
Now all weaklings will run away from this market and there will be only those who truly believe”

:allears:

Number of nation states that accept BTC as a currency: literally zero.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Non Serviam posted:

Number of nation states that accept BTC as a currency: literally zero.

It is not even accepted as “real currency” in any shop, restaurant, hair salon, gas station or grocery I know, and I live in the metropolitan city Hamburg, Germany.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Mr.PayDay posted:

It is not even accepted as “real currency” in any shop, restaurant, hair salon, gas station or grocery I know, and I live in the metropolitan city Hamburg, Germany.

You could order takeout through lieferando.de and pay in bitcoin.
Locally i could find 3 bars and a hotel that take bitcoin with a few seconds of googling.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

NihilismNow posted:

Locally i could find 3 bars and a hotel that take bitcoin with a few seconds of googling.

That’s amazing and matches everydays needs, that 3 bars and a hotel and ordering food.
I get your point but lol, you did not even try to get mine.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
Btw on https://www.lieferando.de/blog/mit-bitcoins-essen-bestellen/ the one and only feedback complaints how it did not work for that dude and a buddy of him 3 month earlier of his reply.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

It was about USD 3207 twenty minutes ago.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Once bitcoin gets down to cents per coin, I’m gonna buy like 10 dollars worth and treat it as a lottery ticket that may or may not ever pay out.

or is this something everyone said and then got psychologically roped in and sold their house and cars and live in tents with their families now

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

NihilismNow posted:

Did you find 3 bars and a hotel that take bitcoin, or 3 bars and a hotel that take cash from a bitcoin exchange when you sent bitcoin to that exchange?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

buglord posted:

Once bitcoin gets down to cents per coin, I’m gonna buy like 10 dollars worth and treat it as a lottery ticket that may or may not ever pay out.

or is this something everyone said and then got psychologically roped in and sold their house and cars and live in tents with their families now
The first taste is (almost) free.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

In the time it took me to capture that and upload it to imgur, BTC dropped to 3195.

Make that 3180.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

buglord posted:

Consider other costs: helping shady fly by night exchanges by giving them a lot of private information (drivers license, SSN) to help them check their KYC boxes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lolie posted:

In the time it took me to capture that and upload it to imgur, BTC dropped to 3195.

Make that 3180.

So the 3200 floor was just as fake as 3300 and 3400 etc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

All floors are fake if you really think about it.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

:biotruths:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

orange juche posted:

So the 3200 floor was just as fake as 3300 and 3400 etc

I don't think there's any real way to predict the floor on something which has no intrinsic value. The posts I'm seeing saying that the market must become bullish again at some point are based on nothing more than hope.

I'm curious about how many will still hold once it goes below 3000, though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Need a cryptotruths one

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

NihilismNow posted:

Please post the link to the hotel taking bitcoins. I’m curious. Bars probably don’t have a website, well I guess unless they are extremely online. Post them too!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
An acquaintance ran a pub that took bitcoin but I only ever saw people use the facility for novelty value.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Wait till January when people start doing taxes on crypto trading. Watch as the markets start freefalling because people have to liquidate to pay the tax man.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

I think bitcoin is not going to touch 2500$
3100$ is the last bottom,

I have some articles related to this topic

check link below

https://www.bitcointalk.comm

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5085743.0

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

How Can Floors Be Real If Our Coins Aren't Real

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gadzuko posted:

How 👏 Can 👏 Floors 👏 Be 👏 Real 👏 If 👏 Our 👏 Coins 👏 Aren't 👏 Real

Needs twitter claps

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What does it say, it's behind a login wall

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Lolie posted:

I don't think there's any real way to predict the floor on something which has no intrinsic value. The posts I'm seeing saying that the market must become bullish again at some point are based on nothing more than hope.

I'm curious about how many will still hold once it goes below 3000, though.

There's always a certain core of true believers and people that go "once it goes below x I'll buy some and treat it as a lottery ticket", so we'll probably have quite a bit more stupidity left.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 17, 2018

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

overmind2000 posted:

What does it say, it's behind a login wall

The OP is quoted in my post.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lolie posted:

The OP is quoted in my post.

Oh, sorry, it wasn't showing up

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

overmind2000 posted:

Oh, sorry, it wasn't showing up

No worries.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Lambert posted:

There's always a certain core of true believers and people that go "once it goes below x I'll buy some and treat it as a lottery ticket", so we'll probably have quite a bit more stupidity left.

buglord posted:

It's coming from inside the thread :tinfoil:

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Wait till January when people start doing taxes on crypto trading. Watch as the markets start freefalling because people have to liquidate to pay the tax man.

This might be true if people actually made money on it this year. But it’s sorta been in slow motion freefall all year so unless they were all shorting to begin with, they’ve been taking losses this whole time and dont have poo poo to report on their taxes. I dont think the daytraders have been having any levels of success with turning much profit lately either.

Also buttclutchers dont pay their taxes anyway cause taxation is theft. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Mr.PayDay posted:

Moin moin, Bitcoin