Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
OK...OK!

Is ANYONE going to be playing tonight on XBL?

I haven't had an actual squad to play with pretty much ever in BFV.

Is there an excel sheet or something that has a list of everyone's GT?

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Julius CSAR posted:

OK...OK!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q5RGA4T1K-6HJ3AYoDgPOelmVnb0M61cXImSqJLmYGs/edit

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Julius CSAR posted:

OK...OK!

Playing right now. Gametag same as here.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

FastestGunAlive posted:

Playing right now. Gametag same as here.

I'm at workso not right now :(

THANK YOU!!!!

Also, finally had a good match on Panzerstorm. Started in a tier 4 Valentine and chalked up two Tigers, two Panzers, and a Hanomag before I got killed. While tanks are still a bit janky, actually killing a tank with another tank right feels incredible, espc when the turret goes flying off. One time I even saw dude exiting a tank that was on fire, which cause THEM to light on fire so as the tank was exploding there were people alight from head toe running around like the panzerfaust scene in Fury. It was no-poo poo, like for real, a bit stomach churning, but I still hit 'em with the coax because they wouldn't burn for long.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Yeah now it’s not so bad. I’m still dying a lot but having more good matches than bad.

Also BUTT clan is full so if there’s anyone who still wants to be deleted let me know.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Gunshow, Ghost and I had some adventures tonight. Gunshow I hope you have our chat audio of the Jeep escapade

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I captured one 15 minute segment I'm not sure if I punched the share button at the right time. I'll check it tomorrow lol

Bunny and I finished the evening with one just atrocious round followed by a surprisingly challenging one where the other team was down like seven people the whole time and made a drat game out of it

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I can't really tell the difference.

M1907 SF is beast mode btw. Pretty much the only modern feeling AR. It has some kick at a distance, but for CQB it's an awesome bullet hose.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I didn’t find any goons to play with but I did get to play a couple rounds tonight with the one and only Flakfire as my squad leader. One round was a Rotterdam match where for some reason the teams were like 10-28. But we did about as good as you possibly could in that situation.

Pretty neat, nice dude. Really, like seriously loving good.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Had a good couple of matches with a childhood friend, a goon, and a random pub with a mic. Game is definitely much better in a coordinated squad

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Julius CSAR posted:

I didn’t find any goons to play with but I did get to play a couple rounds tonight with the one and only Flakfire as my squad leader. One round was a Rotterdam match where for some reason the teams were like 10-28. But we did about as good as you possibly could in that situation.

Pretty neat, nice dude. Really, like seriously loving good.

Next time you're on shoot me an add my gt is skater h8er

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
DICE is apparently reverting the TTK back to launch values tomorrow.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WALLGOD posted:

Lmao

A real "Tighten up the graphics on level 3" tier operation goin on

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This is giving me some real Battlefront 2 whiplash.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

WALLGOD posted:

I'm glad at least. I play medic most of the time and SMGs seemed to be the only guns I noticed the difference with.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t care either way so I just hope they put this back and forth to bed so they can focus on giving me more dress up bullshit asap.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i understand the desire to increase investment / feeling of reward / that sick dopamine hit

but having to get dozens of kills with guns before you can... unlock their full potential drives me crazy. like the specializations are not-insignificant, but if I get angry enough to not bother before I get a big one (extended mag on 1907 hello) like... cya later gun

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

red19fire posted:

Yeah now it’s not so bad. I’m still dying a lot but having more good matches than bad.

Also BUTT clan is full so if there’s anyone who still wants to be deleted let me know.

If there’s a need for an overflow platoon Wintermute made Tactical Hugs for BF1 and there’s plenty of room in that. Any PS4 goons that aren’t in Butt Clan feel free to apply.

E: Also did somebody make the emblem we have now or can I change it to the gun butt?

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 17, 2018

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Auxiliary Treats posted:

If there’s a need for an overflow platoon Wintermute made Tactical Hugs for BF1 and there’s plenty of room in that. Any PS4 goons that aren’t in Butt Clan feel free to apply.

E: Also did somebody make the emblem we have now or can I change it to the gun butt?

I don't think custom emblems are working in bf v yet? The one we have now is one of the few you can choose from. Feel free to change it though if you can!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
No worries, I've kept the platoon text up to date with my preferences for JEB! as commander in chief

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lambskin posted:

I don't think custom emblems are working in bf v yet?

should probably keep it that way

lord knows how many pepes and swastika poo poo will pop up as soon as that's enabled

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

yellowcar posted:

should probably keep it that way

lord knows how many pepes and swastika poo poo will pop up as soon as that's enabled

Yeah, I'm really not missing dudes with creepy anime girls, nazi poo poo, and of course cleavage girl with cum on her tongue

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Idk, it wasn't that bad in bf1. I only remember seeing one swastika? A fair amount of anime and furry titties though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I used this for 2 years almost and it was rad because it was on all my guns and vehicles. It was also neat seeing the Bullet Club pennant fly underneath the objective flag when my squadmates and I took one.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah, I'm really not missing dudes with creepy anime girls, nazi poo poo, and of course cleavage girl with cum on her tongue

Make dickbutt great again™

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

I miss the gun butt

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

humpthewind posted:

I miss the gun butt

Oh man that was good.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
A change to this game that wouldn't be horrible would be the way squad orders work. Select a point as the objective, it remains the objective even if you cap it or the enemy team caps it. I dislike having to select A as the enemy starts taking it, select A again once they have taken it, and then selecting A again to defend once we take it back.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Give me squad perks like a mortar or artillery barrage.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Give me squad perks like a mortar or artillery barrage.

Yeah, I would really like this. A directable off map artillery strike would be pretty awesome.

Or a heavy bomber carpet bomb strike.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

A Typical Goon posted:

I'm glad at least. I play medic most of the time and SMGs seemed to be the only guns I noticed the difference with.

SMGs were hit the worst but if you used the Thompson or the Sumoi(?) it wasn't terrible. I only really noticed the ttk changes when shooting at guys really far away. The 1907 SF was still a beast though!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

So I've noticed a few people using the ribeyrolles. Any idea how to unlock it?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

So I've noticed a few people using the ribeyrolles. Any idea how to unlock it?

wait, what?

edit: from posts around the net it seems it's showing up in people's armory but they have absolutely no clue what they did to obtain it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's the holiday gift, restart your game and go to your armory, it should be there (that's what everyone is saying, I haven't tested it).

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
beaten

I'm happy about this because I love the Ribeye

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/DRUNKKZ3/status/1074665999809605632

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
But I've been enjoying my soldier not being able to jump through a window unless it has glass in it to start the animation. Not early access at all!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Definitely thrilled with the promise of a proper killcam, and the netcode being improved.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Does the TTK revert also mean that the range nerf on SMGs is getting reverted too? It's even less than it was at vanilla right now. They buffed it then nerfed it alongside the TTK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
Ive been playing this pile and even though its pretty borked in all the usual dice ways + a couple of new ones, im having fun and liking it more than I did BF1. Is anyone besides me having problems with the tide of war challenges? Like the first week it worked fine but this week i cant get the loving orders followed challenge to increase at all no matter the mode, and every other game i join its reverted back to the first challenge (get revives as assault/support/scout). Its insane to me that these people have been making these games for like 15 years and still havent mastered how to make a functional menu and challenge system. i mean holy poo poo