Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Seinfeld was an extremely overrated show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's one of the only sitcoms I can relate to. I don't care if they are "bad people". They are real people.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Your Taint posted:

Seinfeld was an extremely overrated show.
The objectively correct opinions thread is thataway (I assume) ------------------------------------------------>

I do not believe that anyone so much as likes Raymond.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If you don't like Seinfeld, that means you liked Friends instead.

Which makes you objectively a colossal loser.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aramek posted:

If you don't like Seinfeld, that means you liked Friends instead.

Which makes you objectively a colossal loser.

if only there was entertainment available other than mediocre 90s white people shows

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

there hasn't been a good sitcom since seinfeld. Big bong theory, community, the office, they are all total garbage. If there was a channel that played nothing but seinfeld, fresh prince, and family matters 24/7 I would watch it unless history channel had an american pickers marathon on.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's one of the only sitcoms I can relate to. I don't care if they are "bad people". They are real people.

Bad, real, boring, and unfunny. The first two qualities may be relate-able and forgivable. The last two, not so much.

The Simpsons in the 90's was the only sitcom we needed for the whole decade.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Newsradio is the best

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Caufman posted:

Bad, real, boring, and unfunny. The first two qualities may be relate-able and forgivable. The last two, not so much.

The Simpsons in the 90's was the only sitcom we needed for the whole decade.

i wasn't allowed to watch the simpsons growing up, they thought it was too vulgar. Even now as a in my 30s adult they are like "eww why are you watching that" when they see me watching it on their tv.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I like how all the outrage about The Simpsons magically went away once South Park got popular and the pearl clutchers got a glimpse of real offensiveness.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

I like how all the outrage about The Simpsons magically went away once South Park got popular and the pearl clutchers got a glimpse of real offensiveness.

my parents maintained it. I don't know where they got their moral advice because while simpsons was just "bad" and south park was "you will be grounded for a week if you even mention it", stuff like duke nukem was fine. Mortal kombat too, that was serious business...but killer instinct? fine, because it wasn't on the news.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Always Sunny and Brooklyn 99 are both better than Seinfeld or Friends

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

They are funnier, but not relatable. That is where the appeal is with sienfeld.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They are funnier, but not relatable. That is where the appeal is with sienfeld.

If you can relate to Seineld but not Always Sunny, you have a massively overinflated view of yourself.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Better Off Ted is the second best sitcom ever made and it's a crying shame that it was cancelled after two seasons.
It's Always Sunny is obviously the best.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I loved Better Off Ted. I think it's stupid name was the only reason it wasn't a gigantic hit. Santa Clarita Diet is also amazing, and I just found out it's made by some of the same people that made BOT.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I loved Better Off Ted. I think it's stupid name was the only reason it wasn't a gigantic hit. Santa Clarita Diet is also amazing, and I just found out it's made by some of the same people that made BOT.

This part is not controversial.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I'm in the market for poo poo that's amazing, can you tell why that diet is so good?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

I'm in the market for poo poo that's amazing, can you tell why that diet is so good?

It's like Evil Dead meets Breaking Bad with Drew Barrymore

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ok, sold, I will check it out.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was the best sitcom and I will die on this hill.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

fizzymercy posted:

Andy Richter Controls the Universe was the best sitcom and I will die on this hill.

created by the same guy who made Better Off Ted

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

... unless history channel had an american pickers marathon on.

Yes. And I have to admit, because this is the thread for such confessions, I love Ancient Aliens. It mostly fills that same space as the internet for arguing with the void, but it also has what I like to call accidental education. They have discussed different things and cultures that lead me to research them more, independently, because I don't trust a word that show says but it still sounds fascinating.

Gripweed posted:

Always Sunny and Brooklyn 99 are both better than Seinfeld or Friends

Tubgoat posted:

It's Always Sunny is obviously the best.

:hfive:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

created by the same guy who made Better Off Ted

Well gently caress me, I'm sold.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

my parents maintained it. I don't know where they got their moral advice because while simpsons was just "bad" and south park was "you will be grounded for a week if you even mention it", stuff like duke nukem was fine. Mortal kombat too, that was serious business...but killer instinct? fine, because it wasn't on the news.

My legit condolences for your parents' view on media :(

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Killer Instinct owns, though I admittedly haven't seen the newer ones.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Always Sunny should have ended with season seven

Eight is getting bad, nine is mostly bad, and 10+ is terrible

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Counterpoint: They are still extremely enjoyable and their unrepentent wackiness only makes them moreso.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tubgoat posted:

Killer Instinct owns, though I admittedly haven't seen the newer ones.

The new one is real fun and has a ton of care put in.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Frasier was better than both Seinfeld and Friends, but I haven't seen all of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Frasier was better than both Seinfeld and Friends, but I haven't seen all of it.

It was, but it should've ended before Niles and Daphne hooked up and Roz had a baby

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

It was, but it should've ended before Niles and Daphne hooked up and Roz had a baby
Additionally, it's NOT a high bar.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

That also opened the door for Daphne's family to start showing up....ugh.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
I don't like star wars anymore and can't bring myself to care anymore. Most mainstream sci-fi in general actually.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
[delete this]

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

It’s practically a rule that american shows must run themselves into the ground

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All shows run themselves into the ground, British shows just do it faster.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ash vs Evil Dead ended at the top of it's game, and in the best way possible

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Fruity20 posted:

I don't like star wars anymore and can't bring myself to care anymore. Most mainstream sci-fi in general actually.
Newer Star Trek is enjoyable-ish schlock but I can't not hear Dole and Pepsi and whomever else whenever a character speaks in a Star Wars property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

All shows run themselves into the ground, British shows just do it faster.

Fawlty Towers was only on for a few weeks and completely cemented itself as being awesome for doing just that.