Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank is nuts but he's good people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Unlike Seattle, which is a city that deserves a better population than it has.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Look out NFL, the surging San Francisco 49ers are making a bold play to move down to the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft. They’re dangerous!

Seahawks should have heeded the warning.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah so we're not doing poo poo in the playoffs, though it was a lovely dream for a while

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
That sure is a championship team, that Seahawks.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Unlike Seattle, which is a city that deserves a better population than it has.

This is rich coming from the gentrification center of the world

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Look out NFL, the surging San Francisco 49ers are making a bold play to move down to the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft. They’re dangerous!

Beating the Seahawks is worth drafting the wrong guy at third or fourth instead of first.

Sweeper posted:

Now look, San Diego's got a lot of problems but this isn't one of them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Spoeank is nuts but he's good people

I sat in the rain to watch Nick Mullens outbattle Russell Wilson this all tracks tbqh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

I sat in the rain to watch Nick Mullens outbattle Russel Wilson this all tracks tbqh

Grats man.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sweeper posted:

Santa Clara?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
SEA

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

L

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A complete game by the Niners. The potentially fatal mistakes didn't actually kill us this time. This is one to build on for next year.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Santa Clara?

Good point forgot the 49ers moved, couldn’t afford SF anymore

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Nervous posted:

Seahawks are likely to face whichever disaster manages to crawl out of the NFC East in the wildcard round. You don't think they can win that game?

Don't count on it.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Lost in all of this is that Chris Carson TD run on 4th and goal. Stopped at the 2 and someway, somehow fought through and into the endzone. Love that guy.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Apparently we are now picking 4th in the draft, with the Cardinals moving up to 1st.

100% worth it. Likewise, I would also accept sliding down to 8th or so in exchange for Beating LA, though I’m not exactly holding my breath.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Benne posted:

Yeah so we're not doing poo poo in the playoffs, though it was a lovely dream for a while

Do we deserve to be in the playoffs after losing to the Niners, though?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Niners are gonna gently caress up their draft pick anyway who gives a poo poo where we slot in

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

King Hong Kong posted:

Don't count on it.

This didn’t sound right to me, but yeah, apparently not only is the NFC really top-heavy but we’re just collectively getting our asses kicked by the AFC this year, so the Seahawks at 8-6 are still enormous favorites to get the 5th seed. Minnesota’s tie against the Packers is killing them.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

The Niners are gonna gently caress up their draft pick anyway who gives a poo poo where we slot in

Yep!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spoeank posted:

Pretty much this. This is an early double Xmas gift.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sweeper posted:

Good point forgot the 49ers moved, couldn’t afford SF anymore

They moved there to hoover up as much tech bro cash as possible.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Mustached Demon posted:

They moved there to hoover up as much tech bro cash as possible.

Also cleaner streets and fewer electric scooters in Santa Clara; plus it has the exact same amount of civic identity as San Francisco, these days.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Well, losing in Santa Clara sucks, but poo poo happens. Sloppy games like that will happen when your backup guard goes down. It's the same thing I've been saying though, this defense is not good, especially without a good second linebacker and without Earl Thomas. They'll probably still make the playoffs, but they don't have the guys to do anything once they're there. Which is fine, they're building towards something, and I feel lucky that we get this excitement on the way.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sorry that your team is rear end baggy steve

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its ok though, the seahawks always start slow

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Can't wait to see what cable thanos underscore has for us this week!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Nick Mullens had the highest two game passing yardage total for the 49ers since Steve Young in 1995

also page 69 nice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Never forget

https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1056690967716089856?s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Well, losing in Santa Clara sucks, but poo poo happens. Sloppy games like that will happen when your backup guard goes down. It's the same thing I've been saying though, this defense is not good, especially without a good second linebacker and without Earl Thomas. They'll probably still make the playoffs, but they don't have the guys to do anything once they're there. Which is fine, they're building towards something, and I feel lucky that we get this excitement on the way.

The Seahawks had an injury at a key position, you say?

Man, that must suck.

Also:

https://twitter.com/D7_Reed/status/1074481425804488704

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Congrats to the legion of boom on their big win

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

The Seahawks had an injury at a key position, you say?

Man, that must suck.

Certainly explains the holding penalties? :shrug: I think we've established by now that Ethan Pocic isn't big enough to hang with NFL linemen. Not a great use of a 2nd rounder. These things should work themselves out when Fluker and/or Simmons comes back.

I really wasn't able to watch much of this one tbh, spent most of it trying to get a fussy 2 month old to sleep.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Nick Mullens has thrown for more yards against the Seahawks in a single season than any other QB in NFL history :laffo:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Will Mullens stick around as a good backup like Foles, or will the 49ers use him for trade bait?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bob Socko posted:

Will Mullens stick around as a good backup like Foles, or will the 49ers use him for trade bait?

Hopefully the former, probably the latter.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering our back up is CJ Beathard I rather keep Mullens as back up

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Nick Mullens has thrown for more yards against the Seahawks in a single season than any other QB in NFL history :laffo:

In a universe where the Seahawks played John Elway twice a year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I didn’t get to see the SF game.

What was going on? Fluky turnovers? SF attacking our weak OLB? Brian Schotty playcall extravaganza?

Also I love that ugly SF backup qb, he’s great :)

E: oh, lost a starting guard... that sucks o was hoping Pocic would show some improvement given how much magic Solari has worked on the rest of the oline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I didn’t get to see the SF game.

What was going on? Fluky turnovers? SF attacking our weak OLB? Brian Schotty playcall extravaganza?

Also I love that ugly SF backup qb, he’s great :)

E: oh, lost a starting guard... that sucks o was hoping Pocic would show some improvement given how much magic Solari has worked on the rest of the oline

From what I saw Seattle choked out in the fourth on a bunch of costly penalties then the punt returner hosed up a fair catch in the end zone.