Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What do you guys find to be the best aggregator? Having different sites to read mangas on makes it difficult to keep track of your progress and updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mangadex, definitely.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Agreed.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I do most of my manga reading on my phone, so I use Tachiyomi, which pulls from Mangadex (among others).

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Ah thanks. I blizted through like 6 series in the past two days thanks to you guys.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
... do you want more? I'm sure we can arrange that. Go to the surreal daily life and general slice of life threads, and we'll see you in a week.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

... do you want more? I'm sure we can arrange that. Go to the surreal daily life and general slice of life threads, and we'll see you in a week.

Its too late. I'm already there. I'll see you all on the other side. What's our pass phrase when we get isekai'd?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Artificer posted:

Its too late. I'm already there. I'll see you all on the other side. What's our pass phrase when we get isekai'd?

“kaidan”

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just wish more stuff was actually completed, not being able to binge an entire series sucks.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Artificer posted:

'Eris pads her breasts' or 'Aqua pads her personality.'

At least one of those, preferably both.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Does mangadex have a way I can read on my phone that will track my read history conveniently like an app or something?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Tachiyomi is a third party Android app that will do that with mangadex and a few other reader sites. It doesn't sync with accounts or anything so you'll have to manage what you've read.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Artificer posted:

Does mangadex have a way I can read on my phone that will track my read history conveniently like an app or something?

If you follow a manga it will track whether you have read a chapter yet, it won't track the last page read yet though.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
it also has a "history" page that'll show your last 10 read chapters

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Artificer posted:

I think the Konami Code would be a fitting passphrase.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
can't remember if I linked this before, but it seems cute past the first chapter, only a few chapters though.

https://mangadex.org/title/29548/kitaku-tochuu-de-yome-to-musume-ga-dekita-n-dakedo-dragon-datta

guy saves dragon girl and dragon girl's eggs, two babies hatch from the eggs, now they need to take care of these dragonperson babies. The latest chapter gives some interesting problems for magic dragonbabies FLYING BABIES

edit: hoo boy the comments, it's a biotruthsapalooza

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 17, 2018

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

This is a little too fanservicey with an uncomfortably young 250 year old girl for me...

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't think it's too bad. They could have done less, for sure, but what's there doesn't feel particularly titillating.

It's cute and fun, and I'm looking forward to more, which means I'm sad it's a monthly release.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wait. THAT'S HOW KUMIKA ENDS? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you're talking about Kumika no Mikaku, Helvetica's latest release, ch. 23, isn't the ending. There's still 13 chapters yet.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh. Nice.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Captain Invictus posted:

can't remember if I linked this before, but it seems cute past the first chapter, only a few chapters though.

https://mangadex.org/title/29548/kitaku-tochuu-de-yome-to-musume-ga-dekita-n-dakedo-dragon-datta

guy saves dragon girl and dragon girl's eggs, two babies hatch from the eggs, now they need to take care of these dragonperson babies. The latest chapter gives some interesting problems for magic dragonbabies FLYING BABIES

edit: hoo boy the comments, it's a biotruthsapalooza

One of the kids is named Jar Jar :laffo:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is this one any good? The premise sounds fun and the mustachioed frogman looks neat, but it could just be another generic dreck isekai.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I remember enjoying it but for the life of me I can't remember anything that happens in it except I don't think there's anything people would find gross. It's another one of those isekai manga where the protagonist has ultimate power but just wants to chill in rpg land.

Power fantasy fluff.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's mildly amusing, mostly inoffensive aside from the standard "dark elf with sad past" love interest wish fulfillment character, and never goes anywhere. The MC is so far above everything and anyone that he's completely led by his whims in everyday life. Some day he wants to build a house, so he invents decent architecture. Keeping up with his dragon pals is a pain so he uses his infinity+1 magic levels to invent laptops to keep in touch without having to meet up in person, and so on.
Luckily he's not a creep, so it's really benign stuff he gets up to. Never really any serious conflict either.

Fluff, as the one above said. Translation isn't great, but at lest you probably won't badly regret checking it out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
thanks, onto the "if I've got absolutely nothing else" pile it goes

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't think I've seen discussion around Isekai Omotenashi Gohan. It's another manga in the vein of "person from Japan makes food for people in generic fantasy world"; two sisters (and their dog) get magicked into the fantasy world and the younger sister takes up service opposing (magical, nebulous) corruption while the older sister hangs out and cooks food for her and a handful of others. Overall it's pretty fun, with some moments of a varying level of sadness. Here are some semi-random pages:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 24, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I think we've posted about it, maybe in the Surreal Daily life thread?

It's pretty great, I like it a lot.

e: Also, hold up - is your Avatar from Necropolis? Did they finally start updating it again?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's come up in the Food Manga thread too. It's fun!

Captain Invictus posted:

is this one any good? The premise sounds fun and the mustachioed frogman looks neat, but it could just be another generic dreck isekai.

Pretty much what everyone else said, though I've stopped following it after having a bit of hope at the start. While I liked the introductions and back story for the women side characters, most everything that happens around them after that is very light harem stuff and they don't really get to do anything despite being the most interesting characters in the story.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Onean posted:

It's come up in the Food Manga thread too. It's fun!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I think we've posted about it, maybe in the Surreal Daily life thread?

It's pretty great, I like it a lot.

e: Also, hold up - is your Avatar from Necropolis? Did they finally start updating it again?
So many threads with overlap! I think I followed some of them late, and hadn't seen it so far. The little niche of isekai-but-just-cooking tends to be pretty chill.

It is from Necropolis, and while it did start updating again, it also stopped updating again. This av is actually pretty old--possibly from back before he started posting the actual story-having parts of Necropolis, which would put it back sometime in like 2014-2015. Either way, I really don't know the current status. The tumblr for it says "The site updates on Wednesday evenings, usually with a new page of the comic" in spite of the fact that it clearly isn't true.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Sekai Maou had ended : https://mangadex.org/title/10457

I still would call it one of the best isekai-style manga.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So here's something that might be interesting, probably mediocre, or maybe awful (there's only one chapter, in either English or Japanese), but it has me wanting to at least see chapter two.

Welcome to Japan, Elf-san

quote:

Kitase Kazuhiro is an ordinary salaryman who always leaves the office on time. Though this is Japan, so perhaps he's not really ordinary after all. What's truly strange comes after that; Every night, he takes a shower, changes into his pyjamas and has a good night's sleep. Then he dreams of a fantasy world, and only wakes up when he dies or sleeps in that world.

quote:

One day, he's killed after stumbling onto a dragon's lair. "A nightmare", he sulks, until he finds his elf friend in his bed.

Curious to see an elf waifu experience daily life in Japan? How's it like to walk with every man's fantasy on the streets of Tokyo? This manga is for all you elf lovers out there!

Very very slightly :nws:, it's a nude elf waking up under a blanket.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
sword dad updated

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yay, it's been a while.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a new isekai series, the very first two pages show a lot of promise

https://mangadex.org/title/31942/kono-yuusha-ga-ore-tueee-kuse-ni-shinchou-sugiru

quote:

The story begins when the goddess LRista summons a hero to help her hard mode video game-like world. The hero, Seiya, is exceptional in every way, but he is incredibly cautious. He does things like buy three sets of armor (one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare) and go full power against weak slimes (just in case).

If it focuses as much on the concepts of a god realm organization and how they need to summon people to various worlds as a sort of business thing that could be real interesting. As is, it's pretty entertaining and funny, and the art is quite good.

edit: and another one, "I'm a Villager, So What?"

I was pretty ready to write this one off as another generic, not noteworthy game-style isekai, but when he cheesed the leashing of a monster summoned to protect a specific room, then accidentally punched a hole in the wall next to the door of said room and threw a bunch of burning wood into the room through said hole to suffocate the monster with carbon monoxide I was like "y'know Villager Isekai, I think you're alright".

Also everything to do with the Dragon King who just wants to be absolutely fabulous in his human form wearing ostentatious suit-and-tie getups he got from another reincarnated is wonderful, as is the Red Dragon who just wants to go home

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 26, 2018

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I binge read through villager and ultimately find it kinda boring. It's got a lot of flash but it moves a bit too fast for it's own good. Too much stats, not enough earning it's flashy stuff via exposition.

The other one though has a bit of promise.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, I was only up to about the part I had posted, I got a few more chapters before stopping for the night. It's inoffensive for the most part, but does have a few real good moments and characters.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Cautious Hero is fun, I like the concept of deities having to summon heroes and save tons of Isekai style worlds.

Villager one is definitely meh.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cautious Hero's joke is gonna wear off fast if it doesn't have anything else going for it.

Villager, uh, Villager needs to slow down and take some time to like, do characterization and make us care about literally any of these people except Dead Dragon Grandpa. The only poo poo it's done is numberwang and exposition.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Its cool that Villager dove into a fun slavery sideplot for no reason other than to give a character an extra tragic backstory. At least the MC didn’t try to buy the character to circumvent the slavery magic and instead works towards removing it

The best parts are when he gets surprised about the world being hosed because of his meddling, the boring parts are when the fuckups have zero consequence, like most isekai. It does have some good crazyface on all the characters though