Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming rip and tear for the unfortunate guardsman dying at the feet of the Tallyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete! (Barely, God drat machines)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, November is over!

On to December:

quote:

December - Multidimensional Mashup
Composition (The Most Ambitious Crossover Event Ever): Add a logo or reference to a different setting/universe on your figure. e.g. a Space Marine with the Umbrella Logo, Captain America leading your Flames of War tanks into battle, or a fantasy barbarian wearing some anachronistic trainers.
Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!): Paint up at least 2 figures that are different representations of the same character, object or building. These could be alternate dimensional counterparts or just from different points in their 'career'. This could be a superhero wearing different versions of their costume, a tank before and after a battle, or a young monster and its grown up form. You could also paint different scale versions of the same, such as a 6mm and 28mm spearman, or a small and large elemental.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for December

Alt-Gata, Corvus Belli, 28mm

Taking it easy during a busy month.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Herby oath - Boba Fett, 7 Scout Troopers and 7 Fleet Troopers, 1 E-Web Team - 32mm, Fantasy Flight Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December:

Link & Zelda, 32mm from RNEstudio's eBay store
3 Dwarf Wizards, 28mm from RPE
Predator, 28mm from Heresy
Kisa & Scratch, 32mm from Soda pop

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

For November I oath: 2 Marrow Priests
Fantasy Flight

Approved (November)

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for December

Alt-Gata, Corvus Belli, 28mm

Taking it easy during a busy month.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Herby oath - Boba Fett, 7 Scout Troopers and 7 Fleet Troopers, 1 E-Web Team - 32mm, Fantasy Flight Games.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December:

Link & Zelda, 32mm from RNEstudio's eBay store
3 Dwarf Wizards, 28mm from RPE
Predator, 28mm from Heresy
Kisa & Scratch, 32mm from Soda pop

Approved (December)

The spreadsheet should now be up to date so go check it out folks - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=20

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Privateer Press Gorten Grundback, Rhunic Warcaster for December

:toot:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath Zoe and Pi-well, Zoe and Pi-well, and an Intruder, by Corvus Belli (28mm)

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Welp, November oath failed! I suppose I knew that bumping up my oath late in the month was risky. Hopefully the boss doesn't krump me for that one.

Being eternally optimistic I, Conan the Librarian, do hearby oath to paint these eight (8) Aeldari Guardians and one (1) Aeldari War Walker by the end of this year! It feels much better to say end of year, definately achievable.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For December, I Galaspar shall oath two rogue traders (GW, 28mm)

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath an Armiger Helverin from Games Workshop for December.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Question...?

Wanted to check first, would this count for the monthly challenge Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!), for the two different scale Mind Flayers?

thanks!

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I, Nighttheii, Oath an Exemplar Warder, 7 Tharn Ravagers, and Lady of the Feast for December

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath Zarbag's Gitz from Warhammer Underworlds for December

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Kisa & Scratch from Relic Knights

Heresy not-Predator

Link & Zelda from an eBay seller

Dwarf wizards from RPE, representing 3 points in the adventuring career of Gimble as per the story below (For the Jurnal and Backstory achievement)

Left: Gimble the Apprentice. A young dwarf of only 60 years, Gimble turned away from his family's traditional engineering profession and enrolled in a wizarding college. As an apprentice he doesn't have much of the way of magical power, but compensates with his big staff and hat.

Middle: Gimble the Journeyman. After a fair few years of study Gimble is a far more able wizard. He swaps his staff for a wand which allows for much finer control of his spells, and has a large pouch of material components to draw from.

Right: Gimble the Master. After a couple of hundred years of hard study and research, Gimble made it to the heady ranks of master. He no longer needs material components casting, instead preferring to inscribe his spells in the air with his enchanted quill which he also uses to make copious notes in his large spellbook.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 2x Scrap walls & 5x junk piles by Crooked Dice.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 8, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Privateer Press Gorten Grundback, Rhunic Warcaster for December

:toot:

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath Zoe and Pi-well, Zoe and Pi-well, and an Intruder, by Corvus Belli (28mm)

Conan the Librarian posted:

Welp, November oath failed! I suppose I knew that bumping up my oath late in the month was risky. Hopefully the boss doesn't krump me for that one.

Being eternally optimistic I, Conan the Librarian, do hearby oath to paint these eight (8) Aeldari Guardians and one (1) Aeldari War Walker by the end of this year! It feels much better to say end of year, definately achievable.

Galaspar posted:

For December, I Galaspar shall oath two rogue traders (GW, 28mm)

Duct Tape posted:

Nighttheii posted:

I, Nighttheii, Oath an Exemplar Warder, 7 Tharn Ravagers, and Lady of the Feast for December

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath Zarbag's Gitz from Warhammer Underworlds for December

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of December, 2x Scrap walls & 5x junk piles by Crooked Dice.

Approved!

gameraMan posted:

Oath Question...?

Wanted to check first, would this count for the monthly challenge Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!), for the two different scale Mind Flayers?

thanks!

Sounds legit to me, maybe paint them up similar and have the bigger one be a grown up version?

November's Gallery is up - https://imgur.com/a/EQCcNQO - double check your stuff's there, it'll be sent for judging next weekend!

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 9, 2018

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, Oath 1 Mind Flayer and 1 Mind Flayer for December!

1 old-school Ral Partha pewter mini and 1 Reaper Bones.

Thanks Zark for the reply, including 'baby' mind flayer and older mind flayer for Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!).

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming The Daily Double for: May - Straight Edge as the hazard stripes are pretty dang straight; and August - Netflix and Chill, Composition (Big Brother) for the array of three sensors on the Armiger's face (the largest lens is the size of a person's entire head!).

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath these two Fat Yuan Yuan for the month of December! (28mm, Corvus Belli):

I am claiming Rescue Ranger for these dudes, as I failed to complete them during one of last season's Oaths and haven't worked on them since. :(

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, Oath 1 Mind Flayer and 1 Mind Flayer for December!

1 old-school Ral Partha pewter mini and 1 Reaper Bones.

Thanks Zark for the reply, including 'baby' mind flayer and older mind flayer for Scene (Hey me, meet the Real Me!).

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath these two Fat Yuan Yuan for the month of December! (28mm, Corvus Belli):

I am claiming Rescue Ranger for these dudes, as I failed to complete them during one of last season's Oaths and haven't worked on them since. :(

Approved!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for December

Goroloth, and Narthrax by Reaper (28mm)
Mars Attacks Tiger Corps Blaine, and Dungeon Saga Tyrant King Blaine by Mantic (28mm)

The perfect challenge for Blaine, the infamous inter-dimensional mercenary

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

November Judgements

Third place goes to Lazy Angel

And I'm limited to putting these as third, which is a shame. These have to be in the top 3 for that extremely fine blue alone, but the metallics are excellent, and that axe is breathtakingly disgusting.

Second place goes to Nightheii

I like these gals and guys in general. I think they'd really benefit from pushing your highlights just a little more, so they really pop. I don't know if that snow basing came out of a bottle or if it's homegrown, but it's got a great fresh, wet snow look.

And in first, Duct Tape

Somebody put truck nutz on your Genestealer, dude. Great depth and texture on an overall very cohesive package pushes these goobers to first. I'm glad I don't have to paint a horde army to this standard.

This month's theme point, for battle damage, goes to Zark himself, for these Khorny boys and their leaky bits.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: November Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Really nice job on the battle damage, Chaos growths, ritual scars, bone spurs, whatever you want to call them. They really stand out and fill these beefbros with menace.

Second Place, 2 points: LazyAngel

The battle damage isn't as pronounced on these guys, but the nicks and cracks in their armor are nicely enhanced, and that blue is downright shimmery. And that tooth-axe is going to give me nightmares.

First Place, 3 points: Duct Tape

The genestealers (and the warriors in the other pics) are terrifying. The muted color scheme, eye-popping reds (blood of their victims, I assume?) and sharp contrasts make these seem like ancient subterranean horrors come to life. Or John Blanche art (but I repeat myself).

Bonus Point: Ashcans

I love the rusty gouges on this little robot. :awesomelon:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:November judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: KingMob

A very nice squad. The details stand out, and the brass is good. They're all very different, but it's obvious that they're together.

Second place, 2 points: Duct Tape

This is a great colorscheme, and you've pulled it off very consistently on all the models. Both the color contrast and the light contrast are great.

First place, 3 points: Lazy Angel

A great, muted colorscheme. The metal is lovely, the blues are cold and subdued, Riptooth looks great as a flayed dog-thing, and Magore's axe is nice and gross.

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Lots of nice blood on these guys.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

November Judgements

Third place goes to Lazy Angel

And I'm limited to putting these as third, which is a shame. These have to be in the top 3 for that extremely fine blue alone, but the metallics are excellent, and that axe is breathtakingly disgusting.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: LazyAngel

The battle damage isn't as pronounced on these guys, but the nicks and cracks in their armor are nicely enhanced, and that blue is downright shimmery. And that tooth-axe is going to give me nightmares.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: Lazy Angel

A great, muted colorscheme. The metal is lovely, the blues are cold and subdued, Riptooth looks great as a flayed dog-thing, and Magore's axe is nice and gross.

Thanks all! Had immense fun painting these guys. Nice to just relax and paint for once.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Nighttheii posted:

Oath Complete!

grassy gnoll posted:

I like these gals and guys in general. I think they'd really benefit from pushing your highlights just a little more, so they really pop. I don't know if that snow basing came out of a bottle or if it's homegrown, but it's got a great fresh, wet snow look.

Thanks! I agree on the highlights. I'm happy with the snow also, it's mixed from Woodland Scenics water effects and soft flake snow. (Used again this month!)

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath 7 miscellaneous spaceships by Ground Zero Games.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

grassy gnoll posted:

November Judgements
And in first, Duct Tape
Somebody put truck nutz on your Genestealer, dude. Great depth and texture on an overall very cohesive package pushes these goobers to first. I'm glad I don't have to paint a horde army to this standard.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: Duct Tape
The genestealers (and the warriors in the other pics) are terrifying. The muted color scheme, eye-popping reds (blood of their victims, I assume?) and sharp contrasts make these seem like ancient subterranean horrors come to life. Or John Blanche art (but I repeat myself).

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Duct Tape
This is a great colorscheme, and you've pulled it off very consistently on all the models. Both the color contrast and the light contrast are great.

Thanks judges! I had a blast painting those Tyranids, and I'm glad the style I was attempting worked as well as it did. As fancy as they look, they're ridiculously easy to paint. More time went into assembling, priming, and basing than painting!

For more bug fun, I have a box of Termagants showing up next week, so my January oath might include more bugbois.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Electric Hobo posted:

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Lots of nice blood on these guys.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: November Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Really nice job on the battle damage, Chaos growths, ritual scars, bone spurs, whatever you want to call them. They really stand out and fill these beefbros with menace.

grassy gnoll posted:

This month's theme point, for battle damage, goes to Zark himself, for these Khorny boys and their leaky bits.

Totally stoked by this guys, thanks! Guess I know what army I should collect if I get into AOS :D

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for December

Goroloth, and Narthrax by Reaper (28mm)
Mars Attacks Tiger Corps Blaine, and Dungeon Saga Tyrant King Blaine by Mantic (28mm)

The perfect challenge for Blaine, the infamous inter-dimensional mercenary

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath 7 miscellaneous spaceships by Ground Zero Games.

Approved!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Still plagued by non-matt varnish, but took some time playing with the Vallejo effects paints this month.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath 1 28mm Games Workshop Space Marine.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Because I loving hate myself and also am not doing anything worthwhile for the rest of the month, oath addition:

One Dropfleet Commander PHR Dreadnought by TTCombat.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm going to have to declare oath failed, as my ride down the coast for new years is hours away, I still haven't finished packing, and I'd still need this evening and tomorrow morning to finish painting, which is annoying as I actually had a plan in advance for the challenge this month :smith:

But, in the interests of :justpaint: I did knuckle down and finish one of my minis to share with you before I leave

https://imgur.com/a/MRj1kUA

I put the album link in so the image scraper doesn't drag them into the monthly album

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath complete!

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 29, 2018

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

It looks great in person, but the camera reveals a lot of flaws. Ah well, on to 2019.

Completed 52 minis / terrain pieces in 2018. Seems low so I'll push for more next year.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

I finally finished up my matt varnish that always looked a bit glossy in photos!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: Ashcans

I love the rusty gouges on this little robot. :awesomelon:

Oh wow, thanks! I have been doing up a whole company with this trend at a glacial pace; they're mercenaries so I assume they blow money on booze and swank weapons rather than repairing cosmetic damage.

Speaking of which, Oath complete! for the little guys commander:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath complete

Claiming the jurnal challenge for two versions of the same model.

Just a little difference in sculpt quality on the Zoes there.