Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yo so everybody needs to go see the new Spiderman movie. It's very great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Can confirm. It was outstanding. Much better than I thought it'd be.

Also don't watch the trailers but that goes for any movie these days.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

ExplodingSims posted:

:emptyquote:

I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in Tempe, and chilling with a fried egg sandwich and boozy milkshake was amazing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My 1702 has seen some pretty good mileage with me, though it's starting to have some odd glitches that I'm not sure how to repair. Still pretty afraid of opening up a CRT.

A grey beard electronics shop will be able to fix it. A lot of those guys prefer working on old stuff like that than newer TVs

mewse posted:

Are you supposed to drink it?

Have you not watched Rocky?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Saw Solo.

Didn't expect much, wasn't disappointed. Didn't hate it as much as some of the nerd rage I've heard, but I certainly didn't like it.

It wasn't until I saw Clint Howard that I realized Ron Howard directed it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You Am I posted:

A grey beard electronics shop will be able to fix it. A lot of those guys prefer working on old stuff like that than newer TVs

Yeah. The local retro game store has a literal wall of broken 1702s they were unable to repair, so I don't think I'll be taking it there. Gotta find an old French dude.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

:emptyquote:

I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse in Tempe, and chilling with a fried egg sandwich and boozy milkshake was amazing.

That sandwich is so loving good.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

E: dp

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

There are few things as good and comfy as warm banana bread and a big smear of butter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Every week I'm tempted to trade in my 2018 Civic for a 2018 Toyotoa GT86 and I definitely love wasting money

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

slidebite posted:

Saw Solo.

Didn't expect much, wasn't disappointed. Didn't hate it as much as some of the nerd rage I've heard, but I certainly didn't like it.

It wasn't until I saw Clint Howard that I realized Ron Howard directed it.

I rewatched big lebowski for the millionth time because it was on Netflix. Feel like I made the better choice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slidebite posted:

There are few things as good and comfy as warm banana bread and a big smear of butter

You are not kidding. Haven't had proper banana bread in a long time.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

slidebite posted:

What recipe do you use?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

slidebite posted:

Looks better than my cornbread! Didn't realize the rise left my self rising cornmeal, and welp, it's about an inch and a half thick.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Solus posted:

Every week I'm tempted to trade in my 2018 Civic for a 2018 Toyotoa GT86 and I definitely love wasting money

This my son is called repentance. Righting your wrongs of automotive sins gone by. Go forth and drift in RWD supremacy.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Solus posted:

You can always trade it in towards a Si too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Prong Song posted:

There is a BurgerFi near where I live, that is also not good. And yet, there's always a crowd there in the evenings.

I should have just gone with 5G but for some reason I wanted this. Ugh, Still feel gross hours later.

Second floor of the house is all painted except for the hallway. Gotta hustle this week and get the basement painted and we can start moving poo poo in.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Man just gently caress 2018

Got a cute lil puppy from a rescue

Turns out cute lil puppy has parvo and might loving die in a vet hospital.

And the wife fractured her foot because she lost her balance/fell down our steps.

And I didn't even get the bread pudding I ordered through door dash.

Im bout to drink till the world spins itself onto an alternate, better timeline.

E: https://youtu.be/wHGN-fAkk5Y

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 17, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

the spyder posted:

What recipe do you use?

It's a simple, basic family recipe that's nothing fancy at all. MOst measurements are "ish" but as long as you don't go crazy off it'll still be good.

6-8 bananas (frozen OK if thawed and drain off excess water)
2 eggs
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter (cool is OK, cut into small pieces if so)
1 healthy tbsp-ish of REAL vanilla extract
I add in about 2 or so tbsp of honey as well.

blend above all together

Afterwards, add in:
1/2 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1-3/4 cups white flour

mix all together really well, about 5 minutes straight. Let sit for approx 15-20 min

Pour into well greased (either butter or spray) loaf pan. Here I will usually drizzle a nice bead of honey along the center which is wear it breaks open in the oven.

Bake @ 350. It takes me about 1:15 where I live. Test with toothpick starting around 1hr to narrow it down baking time.

e: It's a good base recipe to experiment with too. I've tried adding cocoa, molasses, etc, with varying levels of success.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 17, 2018

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I should have just gone with 5G but for some reason I wanted this. Ugh, Still feel gross hours later.

It's that time of the month where we talk about burgers/5 guys isnt' it?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

5 guys: pricey and basic, but delicious and generally pretty consistent. I found smashburger to be a bit sad the one time I went, took a while and it came out with crappy tomatoes, way too much mustard, and rancid fries. Burger Fi I agree was not amazing, decent options but again slow, and had that overly greasy taste to the buns. With that competition in its niche, 5 guys wins every time

(No in-n-out on the east coast californians don't interact)

Out of the true fast food, Steak n Shake is tops, followed by Wendys. Had my first Big Mac the other day at age 30, wasn't impressed, and I will never forgive BK for getting rid of the Stackers.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

mariooncrack posted:

You can always trade it in towards a Si too.

Don't got SI's here in NZ because Honda NZ hates fun. I'm gonna have this Civic paid off in a few months anyway so I'm probably just going buy something for weekend driving and keep this for commuting (and 45 MPG when doing roadtrips) but Car Prices here seem....very inflated compared to the US but I might be wrong.

These are all the cars I've test driven with a mind of being at as a weekend fun car

Civic Type-R - 60k NZD
GT86 - 50k
Golf GTI - 60k
370z - 62k

Unless I go second hand but I hate buying second hand here because most places suck or are just filled with old worn down things

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Fender Anarchist posted:

5 guys: pricey and basic, but delicious and generally pretty consistent. I found smashburger to be a bit sad the one time I went, took a while and it came out with crappy tomatoes, way too much mustard, and rancid fries. Burger Fi I agree was not amazing, decent options but again slow, and had that overly greasy taste to the buns. With that competition in its niche, 5 guys wins every time

Out of the true fast food, Steak n Shake is tops, followed by Wendys. Had my first Big Mac the other day at age 30, wasn't impressed, and I will never forgive BK for getting rid of the Stackers.

Smashburger's fries are a war crime. I have never, ever gotten them to deliver to the table hot. Since they add more oil, in the form of tossing them with olive oil and rosemary/garlic after frying, that means they always arrive a soggy, oily loving mess, which is unforgivable.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Solus posted:

Don't got SI's here in NZ because Honda NZ hates fun. I'm gonna have this Civic paid off in a few months anyway so I'm probably just going buy something for weekend driving and keep this for commuting (and 45 MPG when doing roadtrips) but Car Prices here seem....very inflated compared to the US but I might be wrong.

NZ new car prices include the 15% GST while US prices don't include the various state sales taxes, so that closes the gap, but you'll drive yourself mad trying to compare prices between a few tiny islands at the arse end of the world to the cheapest new car market in the world.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

slidebite posted:

I'm generally not a huge fan of banana bread, but that looks delicious. For me, it's zucchini bread. My mom has made it as far back as I can remember. While it's not as photogenic, it's positively delicious, and one of those family recipes that I'd happily stand up against a professionally-baked product. We're not seeing the same output on baked goods this year because my parents have been helping out considerably with Tetrapyloctomy Junior, but in years past it was not uncommon for her to say things like, "I'm mostly done, I only have about eighty dozen cookies to go."

(Anyone familiar with The Cookie Table knows exactly what kind of cookies my mom makes. Simple but delicious.)

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

And the wife fractured her foot because she lost her balance/fell down our steps.

Im bout to drink till the world spins itself onto an alternate, better timeline.

Motherfucker, dude, you are having a poo poo year. Any chance you're near Philly so I can drop off a case of beer (or a good bottle of liquor)? You need a loving break.

Also, that kid in the video is a loving hero.

Rhyno posted:

Second floor of the house is all painted except for the hallway. Gotta hustle this week and get the basement painted and we can start moving poo poo in.
WE DEMAND A VIDEO WALKTHROUGH OF YOUR HOUSE.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Good morning, AI

https://twitter.com/BissonTyler/status/1074438089085468672

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

tetrapyloctomy posted:

We're not seeing the same output on baked goods this year because my parents have been helping out considerably with Tetrapyloctomy Junior, but in years past it was not uncommon for her to say things like, "I'm mostly done, I only have about eighty dozen cookies to go."

Similar here. We scaled back fudge production this year, but we still made over 30 pounds this weekend. I love fudge, but god drat, I very quickly get sick of seeing it.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Super poo poo bout of luck there. :( Best wishes for the doggo, and your wife will heel. :unsmith:

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Fender Anarchist posted:

This may just be me being a Wisconsin patriot, but Culvers does pretty good burgers - that and cheese curds. Also they have various limited-time pub burgers which I've seen to be universally excellent. 5 guys has the superior fries though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

mekilljoydammit posted:

This may just be me being a Wisconsin patriot, but Culvers does pretty good burgers - that and cheese curds. Also they have various limited-time pub burgers which I've seen to be universally excellent. 5 guys has the superior fries though.

I definitely get "gently caress I need a Culver's burger" cravings, but Kopp's is the poo poo. Giant rear end burger and they always have dope custard flavors of the day. Also, re: fried cheese curds, Cousin's Subs cheese curds kick the poo poo out of Culver's, and their fries are better than anyone's too. I don't like Culver's crinkle-cut fries and I've never been a fan of 5 Guys fries.

Oscar's gets an honorable mention as well, don't know if you have one of those by you either. Although I just realized I've never had their custard. And you can get mozz sticks instead of boring fries.

Thanks for coming to my local Wisconsin Fast Food Ted Talk :btroll:

I fukken LOVE me a Big Mac though

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

Culvers burgers are meh. Their ice cream (custard) is really good tho. Still haven't had anything that really rivals 5 guys yet, haven't tried smash burger but it sounds like that isn't going to impress me either, oh well.

Got my shipment of Bully Hill wine this morning. Every year during the holidays they have free shipping so we took advantage :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm seeing it with friends on Christmas eve, very much looking forward to it!

Hello, how are you?

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Is that a Cobalt?

drat how do you gently caress up that hard?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Oooof.

How was everyone's weekend? On Friday Mrs. Heroic and I went on a date with ~21000 of our closest friends and family to a Christmas Concert with Kristin Chenoweth. She is a treasure and holy crap the woman has some pipes.

I have been to a few meetings (and one other Christmas concert) at the Conference Center and the place is just immense. Seating 21K people and not a single pillar to obstruct ones view and very nice acoustics. Really great music and messages to get in the mood for Christmas.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Guys.. I may be broken. I really, REALLY, want an electric minivan.

help :ohdear:

edit: and maybe an imported stagea for winter hooniganism.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 17, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

call my mom :cry:

Lol what's mom gonna do for you in that situation.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

64bit_Dophins posted:

Is that a Cobalt?

drat how do you gently caress up that hard?

Appears to be. And if you hear the audio they set up a spike strip. So blown out tires with a little braking and see ya later. Who knows though. Buddy of mine sent it and thought it was share worthy.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Guys.. I may be broken. I really, REALLY, want an electric minivan.

help :ohdear:

edit: and maybe an imported stagea for winter hooniganism.
We're thinking about kid 2 (though after the first I will continue to try and convince wife that 1 is good 'nuff :v:) and damned if a minivan doesn't make the most sense. I'm still trying to convince myself that a Buick Tourx wouldn't be a cool rear end wagon instead, though.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

How was everyone's weekend?

I did some home electrics.

Not only did I do it and it worked, but I didn't cut a single corner - not even the easy ones that we usually do (like reusing a mounting hole in drywall when it was worn, but probably would have been okay)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm still trying to convince myself that a Buick Tourx wouldn't be a cool rear end wagon instead, though.

What the gently caress is up with those? I was looking last week after seeing a ... Buick... wagon on a tv commercial. I knew nothing about them. 250hp ain't much, but at a $30k buy-in with a 4-year warranty, it certainly looks the part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The shop won't return my insurance adjuster's calls and emails.

My adjuster's response has been to send the appraiser back out without notifying the shop. Guess I'll find out more in the next few days.