Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

snack eater posted:

It still makes me angry that they can't tell the story without also telling us how much they laughed

It's like the written version of a laugh track. How else are you meant to know it's funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m pretty skeptical of anything where a person was DEFINITELY on drugs but the drug isn’t named and also doesn’t seem like any real drug.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
another ignorant person gets pwned

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m pretty skeptical of anything where a person was DEFINITELY on drugs but the drug isn’t named and also doesn’t seem like any real drug.

I remember having to explain to my mom the book Go Ask Alice was fake.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

snack eater posted:

I sorta believe that one has happened at least once. There's probably Muslim families in Wales that have lived there since before Pakistan was split off of India, you go to the local school, they might have a big push to learn Welsh as a counter to those colonialist English bastards and you can understand why that might appeal to people from India/Pakistan.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

snack eater posted:

Image that didn't happen

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Here's another parody of that which gets me every time
Does anyone have the Ahmed vs the black hole one?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://www.boredpanda.com/neighbor-letter-remove-dragon-display-diana-rowland/

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm the "your neighbours" instead of "us".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I'm the "your neighbours" instead of "us".

I've seen plenty of petty old white people refer to themselves more nebulously like that because it makes them feel like they're speaking for everyone, and are therefore more right. I still don't think it happened but that part I'd actually believe

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I also choose landscape printing for all of my passive-aggressive letters to my neighbors.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
At least she actually added more dragons, unlike the "relentlessly gay" jar lady who raised $40,000 and vanished.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The next stage is relentlessly gay Christmas dragons.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I've seen plenty of petty old white people refer to themselves more nebulously like that because it makes them feel like they're speaking for everyone, and are therefore more right. I still don't think it happened but that part I'd actually believe

That's a technique that abusive people use; it's called triangulation. It's pretty likely that if it's real whoever wrote the note didn't even talk to anybody else.

Personally I'm going to say that note is pretty likely real; you have no idea how insane evangelicals are about that sort of thing. If it's true it was probably written by a hardcore evangelical that's actively looking for the devil's influence in just kind of, you know, everything. Hence "well your neighbors might think you're in a cult!" It's a coded, weasel wordy way to say "I think you're a Satanist because you put dragons on your lawn so take them down and quit worshiping the devil." I'd also guess there's an HOA involved of that it's specifically written to be all "well you see I wasn't mean about and didn't make any accusations, so..."

Sorry but I grew up around the kind of people who do that sort of thing and it's entirely "we've decided you're a Satanist and you have to stop or leave."

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's a technique that abusive people use; it's called triangulation. It's pretty likely that if it's real whoever wrote the note didn't even talk to anybody else.

Personally I'm going to say that note is pretty likely real; you have no idea how insane evangelicals are about that sort of thing. If it's true it was probably written by a hardcore evangelical that's actively looking for the devil's influence in just kind of, you know, everything. Hence "well your neighbors might think you're in a cult!" It's a coded, weasel wordy way to say "I think you're a Satanist because you put dragons on your lawn so take them down and quit worshiping the devil." I'd also guess there's an HOA involved of that it's specifically written to be all "well you see I wasn't mean about and didn't make any accusations, so..."

Sorry but I grew up around the kind of people who do that sort of thing and it's entirely "we've decided you're a Satanist and you have to stop or leave."

Those who unironically love Chick Tracks. Tracts?
Yes, I am related to a few.
UFOs and ghosts and poo poo are real, but they all demons. All of them.
Tired all the time? Demon of sloth is attached to you.
Got a cold? Demon of sickness.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'd also guess there's an HOA involved

I doubt it if there's no passive-aggressive notice from the HOA, they love to tell you exactly which arbitrary bylaws you're violating.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Tracts.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, I know this isn't the "Debate About Whether This poo poo Happened" thread, but that one I wouldn't be surprised to find out was real, at least.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I doubt it if there's no passive-aggressive notice from the HOA, they love to tell you exactly which arbitrary bylaws you're violating.

Our HOA will plant a loving sign in your yard with a wooden stake if your grass is too high.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Several racial slurs were hurled in my direction before a mop was unceremoniously thrust in my hand and I was instructed to "make the shitter as clean as freshly bleached teeth."

As I tried to calmly explain the mistake, I suffered the back of the store manager's hand causing me tumbling to the floor, my glasses falling, one lens cracking on the unforgiving tile.

A child pointed at me and said, "Look, mum! It's a poor!" The woman gasped and told the young man to avert his gaze, shielding his eyes with her hand and shufflled him out the door.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, shuddering at the contact. A gorgeous woman, an angel made flesh helped me to my feet. Our eyes met and I attempted to stammer a thank you, but our tongues soon clashed and we are to be wed come the spring.

Also, she likes it up the butt.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I could write a couple sentences about why this is bullshit, but it's easier to just say gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twitch posted:

I could write a couple sentences about why this is bullshit, but it's easier to just say gently caress this rear end in a top hat.

Does anyone remember the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Rocko goes to the movie theater and the staff uniform is the same as his shirt, so a woman tries to get him to throw someone out of the theater?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Jurgan posted:

Does anyone remember the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Rocko goes to the movie theater and the staff uniform is the same as his shirt, so a woman tries to get him to throw someone out of the theater?

poo poo, I'd do it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jurgan posted:

Speedway has the same uniform colors as Walmart, blue shirt and khaki pants. I once had a woman scoff at me when she asked me where something was and didn't like my answer.

She apologized profusely when I turned to look at her and she saw my shirt said Speedway because my life isn't some stdh nightmare.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
About twice a month I get mistaken for an employee at the comic book store when I am picking up my weeklies. I help the person out and tell them they can finish up at the register.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Yeah I think almost everyone has experienced the whole "oh sorry I thought you worked here" thing, it happens to me in Wal-Mart when I'm wearing navy scrubs. It isn't even the right color! But yeah lol if anyone would believe Target would have somebody start working on the spot without the massive amount of paperwork involved in becoming an employee at any major corporation. I'd say it's a joke but it's not really funny either. Working retail this time of year sucks rear end

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Twitch posted:

Not just an rear end in a top hat but a scab too.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, you aren't scanning poo poo without at least an employee id number to login, and more if you're at an actual register.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Twitch posted:

Also, you aren't scanning poo poo without at least an employee id number to login, and more if you're at an actual register.

If you read the Twitter thread (don't) he also got an employee discount on NBA 2k18

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Why even grow your facial hair out if it looks that bad

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I worked at Target for about a year when I was in college. I have not worn red polos or khakis since.

Twitch posted:

Yup. There's a million reasons why this douchebag's story is STDH, but this right here is at the top of the list.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

omnibobb posted:

About twice a month I get mistaken for an employee at the comic book store when I am picking up my weeklies. I help the person out and tell them they can finish up at the register.

shave your neckbeard

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I worked at Target for about a year when I was in college. I have not worn red polos or khakis since.
I also worked at Target for about a year. I gave my red Target tee shirt to my dad and he likes to wear it to Walmart just to be a weirdo.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Brother Entropy posted:

shave your neckbeard

Double this if you're a girl.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Brother Entropy posted:

shave your neckbeard

My beard stops at the neck, thank you very much.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That would be a cute joke on it's own. Don't try to make it something it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
There's so much to unpack there. Why is one section whited out? What do the words in the parenthesis mean, and why are they crossed out? Why would anyone believe that a test would include making your own meme?