Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Japanese Crime and Punishment reboot finally gets interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
LMAO if he is actually able to muster any sort of willpower to start this path.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Of course murder. He's been raised on one type of manga, video games and movies so he probably thinks that's the "coolest" crime. Plus he's already established that he doesn't view other people as worthy.

Seriously I hope he tries this and gets maced into oblivion by his first potential victim.

Good comic, OP. This is fun to follow and talk about.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KillerJunglist posted:

Of course murder. He's been raised on one type of manga, video games and movies so he probably thinks that's the "coolest" crime. Plus he's already established that he doesn't view other people as worthy.

Seriously I hope he tries this and gets maced into oblivion by his first potential victim.

Good comic, OP. This is fun to follow and talk about.

To be fair, murder is the coolest crime

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

So we have a lonely, insecure, sexually impotent manlet who dreams of making his mark on the world through murder.

Is his name actually Paul Hilbert?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I want this NEET's journey to continue

I want him to eat some potato chips

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

To be fair, murder is the coolest crime

Robbery is the coolest crime. Bender said so.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

when is he gonna eat the fuckin natto

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dude, everyone knows that dramatic natto stirring adds tension and a dark pall over any scene.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

This guy has already dunked on Elliot Rogers and we're barely a week in. Shine on you slacker diamond

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
He should try to start a military coup

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
kill and eat the rich

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

He should try to start a military coup

This so loving much. Just thinking about the comedy potential of it has me :allears:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Coup d'état is the coolest loving crime of all and only such if it fails.

Which is a given with this guy lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Oh no, he’s not going to go after Hatsune Miku is he? :ohdear:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
if he goes around killing ceos i'd join his team too

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I hope he starts killing either some gang bosses or just general assholes. This could turn into him being some Robin hood kinda deal but with murder. I'm pretty sure it's gonna all go super wrong.

But yeah good thread op.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

edit: added a sfx. also, sorry for the cramped text on this one

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

me in the upper right

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
People with no value to society, you say? Gee, who could it be? :thunk:

Other NEETs. Or bums I guess, but even a bum goes out in the world to serve as an example to others while NEETs don't even do that.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
welp gave this thread 9 pages and it's still the worst choose-your-own-adventure in recorded human history. do people like this because it's a microcosm of their own lives or something? I'm trying to figure out how brokebrained you have to get to be watching in rapt awe a cartoon sweaty nerd argue with.....uhhh...himself about playing video games all day. it's like breaking the fourth AND fifth wall

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Uh, I love the avantegarde thank you very much

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

holy poo poo, that comic took a really weird turn with the whole murder phantasies. wtf? is that a Japan thing or is the guy just hosed up in the head?

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
makes sense to me, he wants to leave his mark, through crime, and he's lazy and stupid, so he picked the quickest, laziest way to not be forgotten after his parents throw his dessicated remains in the dumpster.

keep going, i am enraptured

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

I've never read a manga before, but I've known quite a few NEET/criminals, so this should be fun

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

welp gave this thread 9 pages and it's still the worst choose-your-own-adventure in recorded human history. do people like this because it's a microcosm of their own lives or something? I'm trying to figure out how brokebrained you have to get to be watching in rapt awe a cartoon sweaty nerd argue with.....uhhh...himself about playing video games all day. it's like breaking the fourth AND fifth wall

You must be so lonely :(

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
guys I'm angry your enjoying a thing I'm not enjoying, let me tell you about it

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

CrazyLoon posted:

People with no value to society, you say? Gee, who could it be? :thunk:

Other NEETs.

This would be the best possible turn it could take.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Yeah it's basically that. Whatever helps some people wrestle their inner demons I suppose :shrug:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I'm rooting for this guy to commit murder

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

great post and name combination

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

onsetOutsider posted:

edit: added a sfx. also, sorry for the cramped text on this one

of course he carefully considers Death Note and Pyscho-Pass

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Analytic Engine posted:

of course he carefully considers Death Note and Pyscho-Pass

to his credit he realizes that they aren't reality

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

to his credit he realizes that they aren't reality

wait a minute, a real neet wouldn’t realize that

my immersion is completely broken now

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo fight the yakuza

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Oh man, I wanted him to Become the yakuza

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the bankers, the bankers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the bankers, the bankers!

The 'Hmm...' next to cult leaders makes me wonder if it might go that direction. I suppose weird hippies in togas would be easier to target than career drug dealers or loving Yakuza. It's kind of strange seeing 'cults' listed with the other two as the first thing he'd think of though, is that a Japan thing?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah it's basically that. Whatever helps some people wrestle their inner demons I suppose :shrug:

These 'lol buncha neckbeards :jerkbag:' style taunts were probably more effective ten or fifteen years ago when the forum wasn't made up of mostly of middle aged people with kids and careers.