Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sasgrillo posted:

What's with the resurgence of Toddbringer? I keep seeing him mentioned, and I can't help but wonder what the obsession is. Like of all the potential lords the Empire could get, people are clamoring over basically Karl Franz but with a beard and no Deathclaw.

He’s a new Empire lord with existing backstory who manages to not be “unimmersive” in the way that say, Elspeth von Draken would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah, seems bugged but I don't have any mods so I dunno why it's happening. I get the missions in vortex.

Vortex has missions, Mortal Empires doesn't, except for Legendary Item quests. The only thing you get are chapter objectives (getting X number of settlements) and secondary objectives (like 'perform a hero action' or 'have X number of units') but these are displayed in the Victory Conditions tab and not presented to you as missions.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Boris Todbringer has a great mustache and hat, I would love to see him as a new LL

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He’s a new Empire lord with existing backstory who manages to not be “unimmersive” in the way that say, Elspeth von Draken would be.

How is she unimmersive?

I think most of it I just that he's a very powerful mp ll that people want to play in sp.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It is weird that both Toddy and the Red Duke were never made playable.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Eimi posted:

How is she unimmersive?

I think most of it I just that he's a very powerful mp ll that people want to play in sp.

I think he's implying that people are sexist and are using "immersion" as a cover but I could be wrong.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would the Red Duke as Bretonnia's Arkhan/Allarielle/Aranessa make any sense?

Sasgrillo posted:

What's with the resurgence of Toddbringer? I keep seeing him mentioned, and I can't help but wonder what the obsession is. Like of all the potential lords the Empire could get, people are clamoring over basically Karl Franz but with a beard and no Deathclaw.
1: He exists. He has a model, he has voicelines. He's already playable in multiplayer.
2: He would guarantee an alternate starting position for the Empire.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

Eimi posted:

How is she unimmersive?

I think people dislike her because she's forge world original, and the stuff forge world made was pretty commonly over powered on tt. the only lady from Nuln i care about is Emanuel von Leibewitz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Todbringer would be unfortunately be probably the most boring possible alternate Empire start.

One thing that bothers me about the Karak Kadrin dwarf start is that it's basically a regular dwarf start. Even though you have Frozen as a suitable climate, there's like two or three frozen settlements near you? And they all start owned by Kislev. So you just go south and fight with the blue dwarves.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

SHISHKABOB posted:

Todbringer would be unfortunately be probably the most boring possible alternate Empire start.

One thing that bothers me about the Karak Kadrin dwarf start is that it's basically a regular dwarf start. Even though you have Frozen as a suitable climate, there's like two or three frozen settlements near you? And they all start owned by Kislev. So you just go south and fight with the blue dwarves.

Idk, I'd love to have a hell war with Norsca tbh.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
You can always go and retake Kraka Drak which often gets crushed by Norsca and Skaven.

It's a harder start since you only get a 2 settlement province, but Karak Ungor to the north has a gold mine which is fairly easy to obtain. You don't have as many trade opportunities like Silver Road province gets, since unlike them you don't have a friendly port nearby to confederate.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, that start is almost designed for you to fight the VC before they get too powerful, then head up north and help fight Chaos.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Panfilo posted:

You can always go and retake Kraka Drak which often gets crushed by Norsca and Skaven.

It's a harder start since you only get a 2 settlement province, but Karak Ungor to the north has a gold mine which is fairly easy to obtain. You don't have as many trade opportunities like Silver Road province gets, since unlike them you don't have a friendly port nearby to confederate.

I forgot about Kraka drak that's true.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"my hat is a castle. your argument is invalid."

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

there should be tiny state crossbowmen in the turrets on his helm that fire at his enemies

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

alex314 posted:

Am I imagining things or pirate hordes respawn after a while?

The "event" ones from gaining enough infamy won't respawn but I haven't seen a single generic one that doesn't. Depending on where you start, this can be pretty annoying. Harkon, for example, is basically under an informal blockade at the start of Vortex while others are only going to fight pirate fleets if they actively go hunting for one.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Salted_Pork posted:

the only lady from Nuln i care about is Emanuel von Leibewitz

Seriously. I'd love to see her in game. To my knowledge she's never even had any official art done of her, despite being one of the most powerful people in the Empire and a larger-than-life eccentric character.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Emmanuelle_von_Liebwitz

Sounds like just a poofy noble, not a Lord?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Elspeth_von_Draken

Could have that token lore of Shyish caster if you wanted. gently caress it just do the whole Tamurkhan thing (Cathay included...) for WHIII and make him the Nurgle champion.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 17, 2018

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i would love a moussilon exp with the duke with undead & peasant brettonians. tod with his mount and regeneration, bring in some dismounted knights or cleric horsemen or whatever flavor they can add for middenland. charge me ten bux and im good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love toddbringer because his name is toddbringer

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Pretty much, yes.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Eimi posted:

How is she unimmersive?

She’s a Lore of Death caster who gets to take a Dragoj as a mount choice? One is reasonable for a legendary lord, both is a little cheeky.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Endorph posted:

i love toddbringer because his name is toddbringer

he absolutely brings the tods

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

She’s a Lore of Death caster who gets to take a Dragoj as a mount choice? One is reasonable for a legendary lord, both is a little cheeky.

Mannfred and Azhag already exist so I don't buy this one either :thunk:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Chaos needs a Nurgle lord anyway, do him and her in a campaign pack.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eimi posted:

How is she unimmersive?

Autism Sneaks posted:

Mannfred and Azhag already exist so I don't buy this one either :thunk:

Azhag doesn't ride a dragon and part of VC's identity is strong as gently caress lords.

She sticks out because she's an Empire character. Dragon-riding spell-casting Lords is something that goes on the Elves/VC/Chaos type factions where centuries old crushingly powerful characters is the norm. She's a random powerful mage in a faction that isn't noted for them who rides an especially powerful dragon in a faction that is usually noted as a having a singular regular dragon in the Imperial Zoo. Shes powerful to the point that she should be a faction important character in the lore but she has no lore and came out of nowhere.

She has a very ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL feel to her. The only way she would have remotely made sense in the context of the Empire is if she was an undercover Lahmian Vampires pretending to still be human

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

That's until you include her transvestite murder machine sister.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My view is that it would be a nice way to make up for the Empire having the least Legendary Lords from the first game. Also I am not sure who suggested it, but I think the Red Duke would make an excellent final lord for Bretonnia.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

My view is that it would be a nice way to make up for the Empire having the least Legendary Lords from the first game. Also I am not sure who suggested it, but I think the Red Duke would make an excellent final lord for Bretonnia.

Are we talking Red Duke gets ordinary Brettonia units, and diplomacy bonuses with VC, or Red Duke gets an Undead army list with black and blood knights that can lance formation?

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

SickZip posted:

Azhag doesn't ride a dragon and part of VC's identity is strong as gently caress lords.

She sticks out because she's an Empire character. Dragon-riding spell-casting Lords is something that goes on the Elves/VC/Chaos type factions where centuries old crushingly powerful characters is the norm. She's a random powerful mage in a faction that isn't noted for them who rides an especially powerful dragon in a faction that is usually noted as a having a singular regular dragon in the Imperial Zoo. Shes powerful to the point that she should be a faction important character in the lore but she has no lore and came out of nowhere.

She has a very ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL feel to her. The only way she would have remotely made sense in the context of the Empire is if she was an undercover Lahmian Vampires pretending to still be human

To be fair, that's a part of the same thing that gave them poo poo like demigryph knights and giant laser pope mobiles. I think by 8th for some reason they thought that them actually being relatively normal was too difficult to sell to twitchy 8 year olds, unlike Skaven or Lizardmen.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Also Nuln's whole gimmick is gunpowder, artisanal artillery, and hijinks resulting from the injudicious combination of the two. Having a high fantasy wizard riding a dragon as the boss of the "What If Da Vinci But Wackier" state feels a bit off-brand.

I'd still buy a DLC with her though. Todbringer is boring.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Acute Grill posted:

The "event" ones from gaining enough infamy won't respawn but I haven't seen a single generic one that doesn't. Depending on where you start, this can be pretty annoying. Harkon, for example, is basically under an informal blockade at the start of Vortex while others are only going to fight pirate fleets if they actively go hunting for one.

All they do is add turn times for my Lizardmen campaign. I wish they had a fixed amount of respawns, each time returning stronger. And then after the last defeat they'd be gone for good, but you'd get a factionwide bonus.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Vlex posted:

Also Nuln's whole gimmick is gunpowder, artisanal artillery, and hijinks resulting from the injudicious combination of the two. Having a high fantasy wizard riding a dragon as the boss of the "What If Da Vinci But Wackier" state feels a bit off-brand.

I know nothing about the lore, but a DLC focused on wacky exploding contraptions would be amazing. Although it might feel like more of the same after VCoast.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

quote:

Under the request of a friend, i have significantly debuffed cylostra direfin.
The lord should be pretty much unplayable so this mod is more designed at playing another lord and laughing at her.

finally someone strikes back at the sjws

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Vlex posted:

Counterpoint: Death magic is cool, dragons are cool, big ol guns are cool. Combine them all please.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

making the game less fun to own the libs

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The carmine dragon is supposed to be a creature of syish too, not just a regular dragon. Makes sense that basically the head honcho of all death casters would have one.

Boris is cool too but I’d really like to see an empire lord that stands out more from the default ones and can start somewhere that isn’t right next to Reikland. Elspeth as the death college leader could make sense starting down by Arkhan.

Also lol at that mod. Someone make a counterpart that turns Harkon and Noctilus into black women and see who gets more triggered

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I recently bought both the TW:WH games on sale and have been playing as the Empire in the Mortal Realms campaign a bunch because I will not stand idle. Good game. If I have gotten good at the empire what would be a good second faction to play as with the difficulty cranked up a notch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I recently bought both the TW:WH games on sale and have been playing as the Empire in the Mortal Realms campaign a bunch because I will not stand idle. Good game. If I have gotten good at the empire what would be a good second faction to play as with the difficulty cranked up a notch?

Try out one of the Vortex Campaign factions. You get much clearer campaign goals than you find in Mortal Empires, so it's worth checking out. Skaven are definitely the toughest/most complex of the bunch if that's what you're looking for.