Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Thank you all for the advice. It's a tough one, but after looking through the different spell schools, I think I'll focus on Alteration simply because it has Levitate and there are so many annoying mountain passes filled to the brim with cliff racers. Now I just have to find an efficient way to level it.

1-point feather on self for 1 second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Phlegmish posted:

Thank you all for the advice. It's a tough one, but after looking through the different spell schools, I think I'll focus on Alteration simply because it has Levitate and there are so many annoying mountain passes filled to the brim with cliff racers. Now I just have to find an efficient way to level it.

just perma enchant levitate on a cheap belt with a stolen soul gem from the mages guild. saved me hours of trucking around in the xbox verison

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

pretty good for a resize algorithm
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46221

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Also the MGSO link in the OP is hella broken, it lead me to this site.

Which is kind of amazing, but probably riddled with ancient viruses.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Addamere posted:

This is what I do except I cram in the most effect that keeps it 1mp to cast.

Except for destruction. 0 magica damage on self, it's like some kinda doom meditation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Doctor Zaius posted:

Also the MGSO link in the OP is hella broken, it lead me to this site.

Which is kind of amazing, but probably riddled with ancient viruses.

having a thousand trojans installed onto your computer is still a better experience than using mgso so it's all good

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

yeah but with MGSO you get Olivia Wilde in the Balmora Mage's guild

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

Thanks for the tip, just made 19 to 20 Feather on Self (1 point cost). Now to start spamming it

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Is the download button on Fliggerty (specifically, for Uvirith's Legacy) bugged for anyone else? Clicking on it just leads to a page of gibberish.

E: Yeah, it's doing this for multiple mods, not just Uvirith's Legacy. Poking around on the forums reveals this has been an issue for a couple weeks. If anyone could upload the latest version (3.53) of Uvirith's Legacy, I'd sure appreciate it.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 16, 2018

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Cirosan posted:

Is the download button on Fliggerty (specifically, for Uvirith's Legacy) bugged for anyone else? Clicking on it just leads to a page of gibberish.

E: Yeah, it's doing this for multiple mods, not just Uvirith's Legacy. Poking around on the forums reveals this has been an issue for a couple weeks. If anyone could upload the latest version (3.53) of Uvirith's Legacy, I'd sure appreciate it.

yeah this happened to me as well; seconded

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
I still have the latest version of Uvirith's Legacy handy, seeing as I just did a reinstall recently. I've thrown it up here so you folks can grab it in the meantime sure:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1Ntj0joFm0BAlv_irb6OA14h3mVXjfW/view

If there's anything else that's dead, I might have it handy too depending on what it is, so just shout and I'll check.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One thing you can try is using the Wayback Machine. Copy the web address of the download page with the errors and plug it into the wayback machine, and it should provide you with a usable download

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Arc Impulse posted:

I still have the latest version of Uvirith's Legacy handy, seeing as I just did a reinstall recently. I've thrown it up here so you folks can grab it in the meantime sure:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1Ntj0joFm0BAlv_irb6OA14h3mVXjfW/view

If there's anything else that's dead, I might have it handy too depending on what it is, so just shout and I'll check.

You're a saint. Thanks for the assist! (I did try the Wayback Machine trick, but they only had 3.4, not 3.53)

Before I head off to start a new playthrough, are any of the LGNPC mods any good? I grabbed the one for Tel Uvirith since I'm planning on doing a Telvanni run (RoHT+UL+BUUG+that), but I don't know anything about the quality of the other ones.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Entropy238 posted:

yeah but with MGSO you get Olivia Wilde in the Balmora Mage's guild

Oh man I thought it was just me

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Oh man I thought it was just me

Morgan Freeman helps you off the docks at seyda neen as well iirc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cirosan posted:

You're a saint. Thanks for the assist! (I did try the Wayback Machine trick, but they only had 3.4, not 3.53)

Before I head off to start a new playthrough, are any of the LGNPC mods any good? I grabbed the one for Tel Uvirith since I'm planning on doing a Telvanni run (RoHT+UL+BUUG+that), but I don't know anything about the quality of the other ones.

Most of them are good these days I think, my memory is fuzzy but I believe the new project lead ruthlessly excised a lot of the bad/weird poo poo

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

:aaaaa:

That's loving witchcraft and I shall have it.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I was gonna say that it's a pretty good and pretty faithful retexture before re-reading and realizing that it's an algorithm. That is absolutely insane. :psyduck:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I was gonna say that it's a pretty good and pretty faithful retexture before re-reading and realizing that it's an algorithm. That is absolutely insane. :psyduck:

Neural networks are good at this. In this case it's an adversarial neural network, meaning that there are two virtual brains that are fighting each others: one of them tries to make convincing art, and the other tries to reject unconvincing art. You let them have at it for a while and once the generator gets past the rejector, you have good stuff.

Another example of neural networks used to enhance low-res graphics is this project for Doom.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I spent so much time leveling non-combat skills that these assassins are too drat powerful for me, I'm going to do Tribunal so hopefully they'll leave me alone

e: on the plus side, I've been using their armor for most of the game, even though Light Armor isn't one of my tagged skills

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I spent so much time leveling non-combat skills that these assassins are too drat powerful for me, I'm going to do Tribunal so hopefully they'll leave me alone

e: on the plus side, I've been using their armor for most of the game, even though Light Armor isn't one of my tagged skills

They stop popping up after you snitch on them to the guy in ebonheart I think

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phlegmish posted:

Speak to a guard about the attacks, and they tell you to talk about it to Apelles Matius who you can find patrolling the walls of Ebonheart. Once you've chatted with Mattius, your journal updates and the attacks stop. You don't actually need to proceed further (going to Asciene Rane for teleportation to Mournhold and doing quests for Almy and Helsy) at this point if you don't feel like it.

Inversely, as long as you don't speak with Matius, you can keep farming Dark Bros for their hide. Their armor is quite valuable and you can get rich quick selling it to Creeper. And sometimes you can even kill them fast enough to loot their ebony darts, another quite valuable item.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Two things I just learned from uesp about the dark brotherhood attacks: they will never attack you while resting in the census & excise office, and on the Xbox version, they will never attack you before you reach level 6.

That seems like a good "purist" fix, though I still prefer mods with more complicated notoriety/threat formulas (level, faction ranks, being hortator, ashlanders backing you, etc). It might be fun to tie that to the size and level of the attackers, rather than them just having a straight progression of fights.

...oh no, I actually want to make a mod, what decade is this, who's president now

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cirosan posted:

No bother! I think the general LGNPC quality is fine overall, with LGNPC Pelagiad being the worst offender (seeing as there's some folks who'd like to try redoing NPC flavor starting from that region in particular, due to some specific stuff included in that module).

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

your favourite game from 2002 levelled up with machine learning

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Generic Monk posted:

your favourite game from 2002 levelled up with machine learning

I wonder if in 4 years they'll release Morrowind for free, like they did with Daggerfall.

I'm guessing not, it must still be bringing in a fair chunk of money.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Thinking about playing again and wondering if there was ever any major overhaul of werewolves for Morrowind. I can't even remember what they did besides exist in Bloodmoon, honestly.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I think it's like:

once the moon comes up you transform, even if you're in the middle of resting or w/e
same once the moons go back down, you go back to normal
if anyone sees you transform all NPCs will hate you forever
while you're transformed all your clothes fall off but you get a huge boost to stats and unarmed attacks do a lot of damage
you have to eat a NPC every time you change or suffer some kinda like drain HP or something that reduces your total HP or stats until you do eat somebody. Maybe by a lot?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I remember goofing around in Mournhold while a werewolf and getting the "you can't leave the city through the sky, you no good cheater" when jumping.

I mean, sure my character had maxed athletics and acrobatics, as every Morrowind character is honor-bound to do ASAP, but still it's a big stat boost you get from being a werewolf.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

You can get a werewolf ring that lets you transform at will if you reject hiricine's offer to be a regular werewolf, iirc

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

How do you outlanders typically use Almalexia's soul to fuel your sorcery?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

kazr posted:

Gotta use it on a big damage effect because it's totally wasted on ce enchants

Or just keep it on your mantle

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

kazr posted:

My favorite enchant in Morrowind was a CE heal. That’s my story.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/shosC8sO27Y

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Trip report from the slave class:

Brutal as gently caress, your first ten or so levels will go really quickly. H2H levels up at ridiculous speed and you can punch through iron shields with like 4-5 hits. Literally destroy the shield, it's fuckin nuts. Also you can't break your hands so there's no way to get caught off guard.

Acrobatics & athletics get you where you're going. Restoration gives you fortifies to cover weak spots and an extra pool of health or fatigue. Heavy armor is good and also sort of important because you can't block and fight at the same time. Having both speech skills helps get you rich and get you what you want, you'll want these because you have weaknesses that money can solve. Sneak is actually important for this because you have no ranged options within your class. Block is a weird dead skill unless you wanna pick up a weapon as well, you can't block and H2H at the same time. Armorer is good because that heavy armor is going to need tinkering with.

Main deficiencies are no ranged attacks, no security, and no magic effects outside of restoration. This is counterbalanced by your speed and stealth, and by your fatter than average moneybags. Fuckin just buy some scrolls or loot some poo poo. Restoration can get you half rear end to whatever effects you want anyway because you can fortify. Block is a weird pick because it sort of half meshes but half doesn't. You should be able to easily carry a shield without loving up your travel time from weight, and it's helped against guys I haven't noticed, but it only does anything if you got your hands down.

Even then you can't really get killed unless you have to fight multiple enemies at the same time or get magic'd or go way out of depth -- the early game before you have equipment or any hp is the most dangerous time. H2H is insanely more powerful than I thought, and with sneak you have a good chance to just instantly knock out whatever you're fighting and you can casually strangle at your leisure. H2H even kills ghosts!

Any race will probably work fine but I'm glad I picked argonian -- you have guaranteed waterbreathing and grappling people in water lets you loving drown them. Remember the serial killer in Vivec? At the level I did that quest I normally would have some problems, not this time it was like nothing. Also I think beast races are a good pick because 90% of slaves are argonian or kajiit, and because of sneak, isn't sneak rated by weight of your boots? You can't wear boots and you can only wear like 4 helmets but gently caress em both get some free unarmored experience.

Another thing is if there's someone attacking you and you don't want to kill them you can just knock them down and bail out of the situation. Fuckin raged out ashlanders. Finding slavers and tearing their faces off is cool as hell tho. Mostly I've just been doing the main quest some and looking for slaves to free. You can probably taunt their owners if they're not smugglers too, but I've mostly been just dicking around in the wilds not even doing questlines.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

grappling people in water lets you loving drown them.

Wait, what do you mean grappling?
Is this a mechanic I don't know about, or do you just mean punching them 'til they fall down so their head is under the water?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Block should work with H2H in Morrowind, it's not an active skill like in Skyrim, it's just a chance an equipped shield will intercept a blow, you should be able to equip a shield in your left hand and punch people with your right.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Morrowind the fighting game

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

All my keybinds got reset to the default and it suddenly runs at a super low resolution. What the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The_White_Crane posted:

Wait, what do you mean grappling?
Is this a mechanic I don't know about, or do you just mean punching them 'til they fall down so their head is under the water?

Nah if they pass out in water they take drowning damage until they can get back up

Phlegmish posted:

All my keybinds got reset to the default and it suddenly runs at a super low resolution. What the hell

Yeah mine does this too, I think something makes the game freak out and it puts settings to default. I also have to change subtitles and draw distance when this happens.

I made a drat script that fixes all my settings in one shot