Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

Time for some more Headline Smasher, I think.

I love Headline Smasher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rollersnake posted:

Time for some more Headline Smasher, I think.

Mom-To-Be Cancels Baby Shower After Family Found Dead, Child Missing, Near Vehicle in Australian Outback

Squirrel Wearing a Bra Might Be "A Key Concern"

President Calls For Creation of Two World Wars

Destiny's Least Favorite Child Killed

NOBODY Ever Told You Not to Suck on It

Seoul Says 2 Koreas Complete the Trilogy

34 Parents Share the Things We Carry (Sorrow and Rage)

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://twitter.com/ka_amazing/status/1073234604801318912

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:pusheen:

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

:stare:

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i dont know what the first image is, but to me those are in a same story together.

also,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

This's amazing!

Just stumbled into Magic Sketchpad, a drawing app that uses a neural network to try to finish your drawings based on what you tell it you're drawing!
You can find it here: https://magic-sketchpad.glitch.me/

Tweets about it:

https://twitter.com/notwaldorf/status/1074741724407201792

https://twitter.com/AsherVo/status/1074752763253248000

https://twitter.com/steeevg/status/1074746233581780992

I drew some bears:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hahahaha this thing is not very good at its job IMO. I drew a cat leg, and it immediately followed by drawing a cat's face superimposed on it with no respect to the leg lining up with anything.

But, mad props for them hosting on glitch. That means you can edit the source code and remix as you please.

Original source code is very short, just an include of "magenta.js" and a couple hundred more lines of java script:

https://glitch.com/edit/#!/magic-sketchpad

And here's one I just remixed, only difference is that mine tries to draws things really shittily on purpose:

https://awful-sketchpad.glitch.me/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hempuli posted:

Just stumbled into Magic Sketchpad, a drawing app that uses a neural network to try to finish your drawings based on what you tell it you're drawing!
You can find it here: https://magic-sketchpad.glitch.me/

It's like collaborating with a toddler.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Hahahaha this thing is not very good at its job IMO. I drew a cat leg, and it immediately followed by drawing a cat's face superimposed on it with no respect to the leg lining up with anything.

I think it has learned fairly specific structures for the different objects. From what I can see, the "cats" never include a body, so whatever you draw it tries to interpret as a part of the cat's face. But yeah, it seems to be fairly picky - in that bear gif I posted, trying to pre-emptively add the ears seems to already make it confused. Didn't know about the glitch thing, interesting!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Some more markov chained book titles, using books from goodreads lists of whodunit, erotic, fantasy, harlequin, horror, general romance & female-authored titles (probably among others):

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
MURDER MUST DIE :black101:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hempuli posted:

Some more markov chained book titles, using books from goodreads lists of whodunit, erotic, fantasy, harlequin, horror, general romance & female-authored titles (probably among others):

"Look, I accept to engage in marital activities with you after we initiate conversation, but I want to let you know there'll be no desire from my part. I can only get in the mood if no words are spoken. As soon as you say even a hello to me I get shy and things just become awkward."

"And don't even get me started with a 'good morning'. God, I hate that poo poo."

Thus started the magical tale of how a husband and wife made through against all adversities.

-------------

"Perhaps the worst Circle of Hell", Virgil said, "is the Circle of Boredom".

Dante looked below and saw an abyss, filled with people. These people were not being tortured, they were not thirsty, and they were not hungry, nor were they frozen or burning. They were reasonably well fed, at room temperature, appropriately dressed, laying down at the bottom of the abyss.

"There" - Virgil continued - "they have no TV. No Internet. No cellphone. No books. Not even solitaire. There they thirst not for water, but for a piece of paper to do origami."

Dante had grown used to the moaning of agony he heard in other circles. Accustomed to the pangs of Hell, he had grown desensitized to the suffering that the damned had to endure.

This, however, felt too human, too real, too relatable. These people were just bored. Virgil insisted: "This circle is reserved to all the people who did not value their Netflix accounts, their Game subscriptions, their luxury in life. All the people who had an endless library of music to hear, Youtube videos to watch, and yet were just. So. Bored."

Those were not screams of pain that Dante heard. Those were not moans of agony, coming from the depths. In the abyss of sighs, there was only tedium.

-------------

"Though I get homicide prize, I want to say that it was not intentional. I'm a farce. You have to believe me. I'm being set up. I'm not who you think I am."

Everyone applauded Bob McBobson for how humble he was. His murder spree of 185 people in only two days had beaten all the records.

The year was 2568. In the United Realms of Earth, murder had not only been legalized, but the most murderous person of the year received an award. There were many categories, but for the first time someone from the "unassisted with bare hands" category had surpassed the yearly "equipped with firearms" score. There were cameras showing the event - with grace, Bob McBobson jumped from one person to the other, snapping their necks with such ease one could swear he had transplanted mecha-hands and Kung-Fu chips implanted. However, the anti-doping exam showed nothing.

In truth, the perpetrator was Bob's evil twin, Rob McBobson. Thought long dead, Rob had for years planned his vengeance against the man who stole the woman he loved. Knowing Bob had a severe case of social phobia, his first step was to make Bob a worldwide famous celebrity.

Bob's hell had only just begun.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Elentor you should start a blog of these for your next big writing thing

Stories written from bot generated titles

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Elentor posted:

"Though I get homicide prize, I want to say that it was not intentional. I'm a farce. You have to believe me. I'm being set up. I'm not who you think I am."

Everyone applauded Bob McBobson for how humble he was. His murder spree of 185 people in only two days had beaten all the records.

The year was 2568. In the United Realms of Earth, murder had not only been legalized, but the most murderous person of the year received an award. There were many categories, but for the first time someone from the "unassisted with bare hands" category had surpassed the yearly "equipped with firearms" score. There were cameras showing the event - with grace, Bob McBobson jumped from one person to the other, snapping their necks with such ease one could swear he had transplanted mecha-hands and Kung-Fu chips implanted. However, the anti-doping exam showed nothing.

In truth, the perpetrator was Bob's evil twin, Rob McBobson. Thought long dead, Rob had for years planned his vengeance against the man who stole the woman he loved. Knowing Bob had a severe case of social phobia, his first step was to make Bob a worldwide famous celebrity.

Bob's hell had only just begun.

I genuinely love this and would read the full version.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
People who got totally owned by an AI

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Elentor you should start a blog of these for your next big writing thing

Stories written from bot generated titles

Funnily enough, I dreamed up with those stories today. I'm not gonna write up the entirety of my crazy dream, but in my dream the marriage story ended up with the two of them breaking up just when the guy thought things were getting better. The wife told him he had found the perfect man, a mute guy named Rob who had lost his voice in a tragic accident.

I woke up and I was like "holy poo poo, the stories, they interconnect with each other" and then I went back to sleep.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay I feel like this belongs here.

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1078799881492262912?s=21

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Elentor posted:

Okay I feel like this belongs here.

I'm the second time 'Make-Out' shows up on the list

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Goodbye BURGER CITY is an unironically much better title

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

1962 WAS SOME YEAR

Clearly the top minds were on the job :effort:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I heard that the spinoff THE FAST AND THE DEADLY: BURGER CITY DRIFT is in production right now.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
BURGER CITY MAKE-OUT ‘62: THE WILD HOT SUMMER

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Remember '62?

Remember it again?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take me down to the BURGER CITY where the lettuce is green and the grills are heated.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Why don't you biggie size the foooood

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a fun game, try to read the entire list pretending it's procedurally generated lyrics for a grunge band song.

Something like Nirvana or Bush. Like, just read it to the tune of Glycerine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

error

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gang tag right there

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Krankenstyle posted:

gang tag right there

It took me until this post to realize that "MAKE-OUT" is on there twice.

fake edit: heck, so is REMEMBER '62.

My favorite is THE TOY DREAMS GONE.

Elentor posted:

As a fun game, try to read the entire list pretending it's procedurally generated lyrics for a grunge band song.

Something like Nirvana or Bush. Like, just read it to the tune of Glycerine.

The Hot Time, The Wild Summer
Color Them Wild, The Young Crowd
Summer Blood, Wild is the Blood, The Young and The Doomed
The Last Free Summer, The Summer Before
The Savage Heart, Cherry Coke Summer,
Look Back Once, The Fast and Deadly, The Fires of Summer

We didn't start the fire...

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:30 on Dec 30, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krankenstyle posted:

gang tag right there

That would be a fantastic gang tag.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I have to assume "The Fast and the Deadly" was someone badly misremembering the phrase "the quick and the dead".

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Besesoth posted:

It took me until this post to realize that "MAKE-OUT" is on there twice.

Evilreaver posted:

I'm the second time 'Make-Out' shows up on the list

:mad:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

screenshots yo

Besesoth posted:

omg im imagining a recording of that

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I... actually didn't see your post. I saw Elentor's post last night and then when I checked today it scrolled me to Doomsayer's :(

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Besesoth posted:

*drones Vedderly* uwaAaaauheya weya weyUUUUUUUHHHHHHH huuuuuh....

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
They Forgot '62. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1080214785881501697?s=19

I'm