Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got my account back after 5 days, and all my platnium back too :toot:

I haven't really played in eons, are any of the 'newer' frames (I quit when Valk Prime was the buy-in frame) worth gunning for above others? Or really are any just outright not worth the time crafting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I haven't really played in eons, are any of the 'newer' frames (I quit when Valk Prime was the buy-in frame) worth gunning for above others? Or really are any just outright not worth the time crafting?

Nezha is in the goon labs which makes him very easy to craft, and he's the best and most fun of the newer builds that I've tried so far.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

congrats for coming back. Personally i never owned a prime (despite having prime blueprints) but for what it's worth a lot of prime frames are pretty good. Fro newer frames, garuda, gara, and revenant require open world parts in order to be built. Personally choose not to farm them until i'm confident enough to do it. I got too much to do as of late.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fruity20 posted:

congrats for coming back. Personally i never owned a prime (despite having prime blueprints) but for what it's worth a lot of prime frames are pretty good. Fro newer frames, garuda, gara, and revenant require open world parts in order to be built. Personally choose not to farm them until i'm confident enough to do it. I got too much to do as of late.

garuda isn't that hard, just leech the bp from bounties and run through caves mining and fishing for the mats

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Goa Tse-tung posted:

garuda isn't that hard, just leech the bp from bounties and run through caves mining and fishing for the mats

The big issue with Garuda is that you need tier 4 Solaris United rep for the BP for one of the gemstones.

Granted on the flip side most goons will be glad to fork over three of them if you ask, so.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Finally downloaded this last night. This is way more fun than I would have expected from a f2p game. Applied to the clan in the OP, sorry in advance for the millions of questions. In game name is Unicornicus.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ludo Friend posted:

What’s the best way to farm Endo now? I have a fair few prime mods I need to max.

If you've unlocked Arbitrations then you will be drowning in endo in record time. If not, your daily sortie pineapples will keep you going provided you can get amber stars to drop. Otherwise just melt down all of your duplicate mods.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Feenix posted:

Switch player here. I want to participate in Tennobaum. I need a friend and I guess, someone to tell me how to gift something to a friend?

Thanks! :)

Come post here and throw your in-game name in and I'll invite you to the Goonclan on Switch:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860232&goto=lastpost

Or hop in to the discord here and shitpost with us live:
https://discord.gg/BPJ5dDT

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Oh my god, I need to talk about how my last night of running Eidolons went.

First attempt: We have 2 charged lures, but they apparently refuse to latch onto Terry, and he croaks. poo poo happens, reset.

Second attempt: Terry goes fine, but while fighting Garry at one point Onkko's "energy spike" voice line doesn't play, and then even though we have 3 charged lures he teleports away while still spewing magwaves. His "I'm here" energy beam appears some 20 meters above and to the northwest of him. Only once he's fully out of the water does Onkko finally warn us about the energy spike. When he says "Sentient energy contained" we figure everything's fine again, but then one of my lures spontaneously decides to stop following me and have adventures somewhere juuuuust out of range. Garry croaks. Reset.

Third attempt: Terry and Garry go fine, but during Harry I accidently hit my K-Drive hotkey and everything goes to hell. My screen goes completely nuts when there is any amount of screenshake amplifying it 20x, and I can't get off the board. Meleeing does nothing, pressing the hotkey again does nothing, trying to somersault my head into the goddamn floor does nothing because it just instantly rights itself. My teammate just sees me as an unpiloted hoverboard just kinda doing tricks on its own. I have become one with the k-drive. Worse, my lures see this as a reason to stop following me entirely. They sit in place, and neither I nor my teammates can interact with them. Even getting way way out of range doesn't cause them to teleport after me. With a sigh, we finally decide to let Harry croak and get it over with.

Number of shards I got from that entire clusterfuck: One radiant and 2 brilliant. But I did get an Arcane Fury and Arcane Velocity out of it! :v:

I love this game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

A Real Horse posted:

Finally downloaded this last night. This is way more fun than I would have expected from a f2p game. Applied to the clan in the OP, sorry in advance for the millions of questions. In game name is Unicornicus.

check my posts from the last week ive asked a lot of stupid newbie questions

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Terry van Feleday posted:

Third attempt: Terry and Garry go fine, but during Harry I accidently hit my K-Drive hotkey and everything goes to hell. My screen goes completely nuts when there is any amount of screenshake amplifying it 20x, and I can't get off the board. Meleeing does nothing, pressing the hotkey again does nothing, trying to somersault my head into the goddamn floor does nothing because it just instantly rights itself. My teammate just sees me as an unpiloted hoverboard just kinda doing tricks on its own. I have become one with the k-drive. Worse, my lures see this as a reason to stop following me entirely. They sit in place, and neither I nor my teammates can interact with them. Even getting way way out of range doesn't cause them to teleport after me. With a sigh, we finally decide to let Harry croak and get it over with.

Oh this happened to me when I hit k-drive while the animation for analyzing a corpse during a Fortuna bounty was still going. Couldn't find any way of escaping the magic board mode without aborting, which really sucked since I'd done several bounties and lost all my gathered loot.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm trying to figure out why I haven't unlocked arbitrations and finding conflicting info. I've seen it said that the Arbiters of Hexis will tell me what I have left to do, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The other thing is that the starmap will have a blue glowie for things left I need to do and the only thing glowing on the star map is for Jordas Golem on assassinate, the wiki says this doesn't count. The only non frame related quest I have is The Sacrifice, do I have to finish that first?

Is there some easy way to figure out what/if I have missed something?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

katkillad2 posted:

I'm trying to figure out why I haven't unlocked arbitrations and finding conflicting info. I've seen it said that the Arbiters of Hexis will tell me what I have left to do, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The other thing is that the starmap will have a blue glowie for things left I need to do and the only thing glowing on the star map is for Jordas Golem on assassinate, the wiki says this doesn't count. The only non frame related quest I have is The Sacrifice, do I have to finish that first?

Go into a relay, go into the local arby's, talk to the dude by the door with a drone floating around him.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Have you done The War Within?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
If you go back about 50 pages, I also turned into a k-drive on the Plains and took a screenshot. So that's been around a while with no fix, heh

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zero VGS posted:

If you go back about 50 pages, I also turned into a k-drive on the Plains and took a screenshot. So that's been around a while with no fix, heh
To be frank, they should have a warframe whose gimmick is becoming a K-Drive. There can be another one that turns into a horse for Mesa Prime to ride.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hey CaveAdapted, thanks!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

katkillad2 posted:

As someone who is also dealing with this, you can go into the arbiters place on a relay and the guy just to the left of the door will tell you what you have left. In my particular case it was that I didn't realize that the kuva fortress counted, so I had almost all those nodes remaining.

On that note: I've largely avoided kuva fortress because all the missions are tagged archwing and my archwing game is mostly terrible. Is the archwing really required on them? The one I did last night you ended up in the archwing for maybe 10 seconds at the end.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's required for them in the same way it's required for Uranus, in that because there's the possibility for tiles to have archwing segments you are required to have one available

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Story mission aside, i think i've encountered a single extraction tile that included 4 seconds of archwing. Fortress is pretty fun, although there's that one tile with winding tunnels that might be the most maz-y thing i've encountered in the game yet. I mostly ran through the entire thing solo in an hour and some change. I've done half a dozen siphons but still have no real idea what's happening, so fortress survival is a way nicer way to grab that stuff for rerolls and some xp on the side.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're all archwing in the same way as Uranus. Sometimes you will have sections you need an archwing to traverse but doesnt really comprise a big part of the game.

e: lol this is what happens with long open windows

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

katkillad2 posted:

Have you done all Derelict (the missions that need keys) and Kuva Fortress locations?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why did i even bother joining syndicates? i dont have the materials to do anything useful with them until like the end of the storyline and now i get lvl 35 gank squads in my missions that i cant deal with from the negative ones.

no one mentioned the gank squads

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 18, 2018

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Got around to making me a Helminth Charger finally

What an adorable freak of nature. I shall call him George.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

why did i even bother joining syndicates? i dont have the materials to do anything useful with them until like the end of the storyline and now i get lvl 35 gank squads in my missions that i cant deal with from the negative ones.

no one mentioned the gank squads

Gank squads drop cool spectre blueprints. You can always ask in clan if people have the bits you need to rank up. It's a kind of long grind up so starting earlier is good.

Plus you know, tell your teammates there is a hitsquad coming and see if they kill them for you. Or run away from them. Or shoot them with your goon approved Hek.

Though if you have Loka hating you, their hit squads are a bit rough.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
those would be brilliant colours if they weren't on the infesdoggo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tylana posted:

the poison is loving bullshit :mad:

rank 2 requires a forma which i dont want to ask people for since they are useful and stuff. i will be able to make 1 myself when i get some neural mods or something.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

BrightWing posted:

Got around to making me a Helminth Charger finally

What an adorable freak of nature. I shall call him George.
I need to get infected again so I can make one of these. I sold off a frame that had the cyst I was saving without thinking about it. Thankfully I've got a spare that hasn't had it yet, just need to find a party with an acne problem.

Tylana posted:

The best part of running Steel Meridian is having Penguin Sequence as the first death mark, so you only have to deal with Slightly Upset Moas. They're hilariously bad compared to everything else I've seen.

Death Panel Czar fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 18, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All my frames are infected

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's pretty inevitable to get the infection, any time you get a frame out of the oven you'll soon enough notice the growth on it a bit later without expecting it

the helminth is pretty cool for outright attack functionality and to see it trash mobs. i've been enjoying the kubrow mod set since it's so fun and useful but i was annoyed that helminths couldn't use it. now that it's been confirmed they get their own set it should be fun to play with.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
I'm keen to see what their own set is like. I pulled my dog out of stasis briefly and its a wonderfully obnoxious neon blue and dark grey which is eye searingly fun. But currently no way it's better than a smeeta or chicken.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Are you ready...

For M'lady Prime

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 18, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

the poison is loving bullshit :mad:

rank 2 requires a forma which i dont want to ask people for since they are useful and stuff. i will be able to make 1 myself when i get some neural mods or something.

All the ingredients for forma should be easily available, if you know where to look (Forma BPs can be gained from cracking relics). Some are a little easier to get than others, but if nothing else you can get a [Spare Parts] off someone and do some cheese. This is the kind of thing people can help out with. Or someone might want to get Tennobaum props and jsut gift you some forma .

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what a loving dork

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vahtooch posted:

I'm keen to see what their own set is like. I pulled my dog out of stasis briefly and its a wonderfully obnoxious neon blue and dark grey which is eye searingly fun. But currently no way it's better than a smeeta or chicken.

it revolves around them spawning their own maggots along the lines of what nidus does

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tylana posted:

Or shoot them with your goon approved Hek.
also i feel like my hek is kind of maxed out now at 30 power. im using point blank, hells chamber and seeking fury ranks 4/3/3. are there better mods i could be using with status effects? do i need to put a catalyst in it? i have a blueprint for one but i wanted to save it for something i was planning on using more long term.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You'll get more potatoes, also Hek is really long-term as-is. :v:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The Hek is worth a potato at least. It results in a bunch more damage even if it's just a couple of elemental mods.. Hopefully you have Scattered Justice in it. Blaze is also nice.

There are many many other good weapons, admittedly. The Hek is just early and simple and the Justice proc is handy for survival.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Any weapon you're actually going to use for purposes beyond grinding MR needs a Catalyst, and typically some number of Forma although you can largely ignore that part as a newbie since your mods won't be maxed anyways.

But yeah, the Hek is fantastic, there isn't really anything that competes with it for effectiveness at-cost until like MR 9.

If you need Scattered Justice or any of the other mods people are talking about, ask, we'll hook you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was going to do an effortpost about how the battacor is pretty good but I'll just say it's neat and I like the mini-opticor charge feature and the high crit rate.