Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

LingcodKilla posted:

How much was that bare bones trailer?

$260, hell of a christmas sale price I couldn't pass up. Had to go to 2 different stores to find it in stock and took about 6 hours to build.

Trabant posted:

That's an average of about 120mph. gently caress.

Sounds about right. This was 15 or 16 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Eh, this is like telling a butcher that there's no such thing as filet mignon and top sirloin because beef is beef is beef.

Like you said, you're not a car guy, but that doesn't mean there aren't Types of Cars.

You don't seem to know what pedantic means. It's fine it doesn't really matter.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Dec 17, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:eyepop:

Christ, I'm impressed. This also makes me want to attempt something like this one day hahaha

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JEEVES420 posted:

$260, hell of a christmas sale price I couldn't pass up. Had to go to 2 different stores to find it in stock and took about 6 hours to build.

Sounds about right. This was 15 or 16 years ago.

poo poo what store?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Duck and Cover posted:

You don't seem to know what pedantic means. It's fine it doesn't really matter.

Lol. Wish I could've seen your pre edit.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol. Wish I could've seen your pre edit.

Normally it's just fixing awkward language but some times I'll tone my posts down if I don't really want to have an argument. Typically it's not me toning down in an edit, normally that'd happen before or not at all.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Normally it's just fixing awkward language but some times I'll tone my posts down if I don't really want to have an argument. Typically it's not me toning down in an edit, normally that'd happen before or not at all.

You’re an odd dude

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

You’re an odd dude

On the other hand, username:post combo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Christmas shopping.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Rolo posted:

Christmas shopping.

Where'd you get this one? I've been wanting to wear one of those for a while so I can sound like a dumbass explaining it to all my friends that don't watch the show.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got them both from RedBubble.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Tid The Season weekend pass for December 2019.

They got announced today or yesterday, so I'm just making sure... Guess this means there'll be a trip to the US early December next year too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rolo posted:

I got them both from RedBubble.

Not that I don't like a lot of the pop culture shirts and stuff there, but isn't most of it not official?

That HankCo shirt, for example, was originally just part of the limited edition shirts for The Venture Brother's 4th or 5th season. I'm assuming someone just stole the logo and is profiting off of it?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not that I don't like a lot of the pop culture shirts and stuff there, but isn't most of it not official?

That HankCo shirt, for example, was originally just part of the limited edition shirts for The Venture Brother's 4th or 5th season. I'm assuming someone just stole the logo and is profiting off of it?

I have no idea.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo what store?

Harbor Freight, price is good in store only until 12/24 with the coupon.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Merry Christmas to me, time to decide whether to sell or not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TheManWithNoName posted:

Merry Christmas to me, time to decide whether to sell or not.

The 10 year Rip is my favorite of the Pappy's. Just something about it that warms you through and is almost as complex and smooth as the 15. Personally, I'd hang on to it and just have one glass a week until it was gone.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
gently caress anyone who flips rare whiskey for a profit. You drink that yourself or you smash the bottle against a storm drain.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Give it to me

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

gently caress anyone who flips rare whiskey for a profit. You drink that yourself or you smash the bottle against a storm drain.

:hellyeah:

I want a bottle of Pappy, but I definitely don't want to pay the markup.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

If it makes you guys feel better I will probably keep it! It’s the only one I’ve tried before, so I figured I wouldn’t be missing out if I flipped it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Be sure to mix it with Diet Dad's Rootbeer and grenadine.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Bought a bunch of american eagle silver ounce coins for stocking stuffers.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought a few cans of paint for my living room and dining room. Previous owner smoked for 50+ years it seems.

Yesterday we did the ceilings, today onwards it'll be the walls in the front two rooms, picked a super nice slightly blue gray called Dayflower, MQ3-54.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

ew

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If it was from smoking, did you seal it with Kilz or the like first?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We just washed it, it got a lot off, but whatever original color the paint was, it sure wasn't anymore.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You may find that the smell and nicotine stains come through your paint if you didn’t seal it. Just FYI.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Yeah, you're going to want to go over all of that with some sealing primer.

I bought a house in 2008 that had been smoked in for 40+ years by the previous owners, but only one room was anywhere close to as bad as that.

We ended up cleaning the walls and ceiling with commercial degreaser (trisodium phosphate also works well), then sealing primer, then finish paint.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

This was one of those paint & primer in one sort of situations and the person at the store said it definitely covers up cigarette smoke stains, but we will see as it fully dries.

The whole house has, what do you call them, accent carpets? Meaning every room seems to have its own. All of the other rooms I basically just took a mop with cleaning solution and physically scrubbed all of the stain off of the walls and ceiling. It was the worst in the rooms that you see, so the rest of them I'm leaving it a cream colour for now.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Aramek posted:

This was one of those paint & primer in one sort of situations and the person at the store said it definitely covers up cigarette smoke stains, but we will see as it fully dries.

If it's not Kilz/super primer you might be in for a surprise. Cigarette smoke is shockingly pervasive. You might want to have a friend over who hasn't had their sense of smell fatigued by it to double check your work.

Not my picture because I am lazy but:

199,000 BTU/hr of gas fired hot water. Claims it can output 165F "let's just murder you" water for if I ever want to sous vide myself. Had one installed yesterday to replace our failing tank. It definitely was not my first choice, but it frees up the 40gallon closet in the middle of our house to become a pantry, which is really worth it. It will probably triple or more our usable pantry storage.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

H110Hawk posted:

If it's not Kilz/super primer you might be in for a surprise. Cigarette smoke is shockingly pervasive. You might want to have a friend over who hasn't had their sense of smell fatigued by it to double check your work.

Not my picture because I am lazy but:

199,000 BTU/hr of gas fired hot water. Claims it can output 165F "let's just murder you" water for if I ever want to sous vide myself. Had one installed yesterday to replace our failing tank. It definitely was not my first choice, but it frees up the 40gallon closet in the middle of our house to become a pantry, which is really worth it. It will probably triple or more our usable pantry storage.

poo poo that’s a good point. Huh.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought some metallic 8x10 prints off mPix and some cheap frames and command Velcro strips to update the gallery in my living room:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That’s your living room?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
No, no. That's a crying room.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you’re not selling your prints you should. You take great nature photography

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You should definitely sell the prints at least until the walls aren't fully covered in them.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

ChocNitty posted:

Bought a bunch of american eagle silver ounce coins for stocking stuffers.

Nice. I just bought a couple rolls of pre 1965 silver quarters for the upcoming annual family game of left-right-center that happens every Christmas. Usually we use modern dollar coins, but this year we go big with the scrap silver.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

You should definitely sell the prints at least until the walls aren't fully covered in them.

PRADA SLUT forgot to switch logins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
An early Christmas present from my mom, a desk from Ikea. Easy to build, seems sturdy, I love it. Didn't realize how gross the carpet was until I'd taken the old desk out though :shobon:

And I finally turned it into a battlestation. Torn on whether I want to keep the GN modmat or just have everything on the bare desk

Yes I need to paint. I learned that my parents apparently painted around the shelf rather than removing it