Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Episode 17: Down the Shaft

Well, of course in order to get down the shaft, first we have to go up the shaft and make our way through a gauntlet of Demons. The way down is much quicker, although I don't think Mr. Standish here appreciates that fact too much.

Also in this episode, MJ tells us all of the exciting details of her visit to Pale Horse Ridez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
That Shaft is one bad complicated mother!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Tombstone, eh? It does feel like it's about time for another boss fight.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Starting to get hard to believe that there are this many members of the demons.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Li just happens to know a poo poo ton of Asians of a specific body build that are okay with terrorist actions and fighting Spider-Man.

I guess he put an ad in the paper?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Li joined a henchman sharing program with A.I.M.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It was mentioned a couple of episodes ago that Li can corrupt people, probably with the black and white stuff, so presumably he brainwashes anyone handy to make into mooks.

Doesn't explain the identical nice suits and masks, though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Li has a very robust recruitment program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqqbOkIqonQ

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Whereas the part I found weird was the many villains refusing to wear masks, even when doing things like firing rocketlaunchers in a crowded city.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Li just happens to know a poo poo ton of Asians of a specific body build that are okay with terrorist actions and fighting Spider-Man.

Don't you mean... Spider-Cop

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I bought this game (and a PS4 to play it on) because of this LP.

I wound up resorting to Friendly Neighbourhood difficulty because I'm bad at video games (and I've not had a console in a while), but I'm having a blast. Thanks, Doc M!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, I bought this game (and a PS4 to play it on) because of this LP.

I wound up resorting to Friendly Neighbourhood difficulty because I'm bad at video games (and I've not had a console in a while), but I'm having a blast. Thanks, Doc M!
Oh hey, that's awesome! I started this LP to try and show off how fun this game is, and it's nice to see I haven't completely screwed that up. :v:

I haven't had the chance to update this or my other LPs in the last couple of weeks because of the holidays and a bunch of work projects (I pretty much slept through the entire New Year's Eve), but I'll get to that soon enough.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I recently beat the Silver Lining DLC. It was decent. Better written than Turf Wars but harder too. :(

Looking forward to when you can get back to posting videos.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 18: Castle Crashers

Alright, let's get back to it. Today, we're doing some more side content and showing off a few of the suits and suit powers we've unlocked. I was unfamiliar with Spider-Armor Mk.II and had to look up its origin, and apparently it is a Dan Slott creation that first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #656. Peter had lost his spider-sense for some reason and there was a villain named Massacre running around, so Peter built this armored suit to compensate for the lack of spider-sense. Obviously, suit powers aside, the suits in the game only differ in appearance so the Spider-Armor and Iron Spider suits don't actually offer any extra protection.

Oh, and In case you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about when I call the Spider-Armor Mk.II's color scheme the "JPS Lotus" colors, that is a reference to the classic Team Lotus Formula One cars from the 70s and 80s that ran in black and gold/yellow, starting with this one.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
The side missions in this game are pretty well done- I enjoyed them more than a lot of the main content. Also appreciate the various suit powers. Extra Arms was my favorite next to Web Blossom even though Battle Focus was most frequently used during my recent play.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I mean I would have checked out the birds that sounded neat.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I love that moment of just "Did you just... leave your clothes on my kitchen floor?!" That's a hilarious moment.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 19: Spider-Men

There is apparently a second Spider-Man running around and helping people around town. That's admirable and all, but we should probably get to the bottom of this. Elsewhere, we encounter the most annoying character in the game!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doc M posted:

Elsewhere, we encounter the most annoying character in the game!

Yaaay

:shepicide:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
“Suffer the screwball gladly.”

Sorry, L Ron, once again I am not taking your advice.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well... she's aptly named, I suppose.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i love this character

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

One of Screwball's fans was FanCDan, eh?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 20: I Remember Halloween

As we search for leads on Devil's Breath, we crash the Halloween party at the Empire State University in an attempt to locate Dr. Isaac Delaney. Unfortunately, we're not the only ones after him...

I mentioned in the video that I wasn't familiar with Fact Channel News. I looked it up, and apparently it's a news channel (imagine that) J. Jonah Jameson worked at after his stint as the mayor of NYC in the comics, and also where Cindy Moon a.k.a. Silk was employed as an intern. Then, in the Clone Conspiracy arc which I haven't read but is apparently a garbage fire of immense proportions, Ben Reilly (back from the dead in a new clone body, and now a bad guy because why not) attempted to use Fact Channel News' signal to spread the Carrion virus all over the world. Wonderful.

Also, I seem to have kind of mumbled the name of that last challenge type. Just to clarify, it is called the Drone Challenge.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 28, 2019

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Hope you show more of the skull guy soon, he’s my favorite side villain in the game.

The Halloween party is one of my favorite game missions. Plenty of comedy and we get to see some villains that don’t appear in the main game- kinda.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Silk is the girl that got bitten by the same spider as Peter, causing them to keeping trying to bang each other every time they were in close proximity, right?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Silk is the girl that got bitten by the same spider as Peter, causing them to keeping trying to bang each other every time they were in close proximity, right?
That's her. Well, I'm not sure about that second part because I don't follow modern comics, but the first part is definitely true.

e: just noticed the new/variant cover needs a bit more time in the oven

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 28, 2019

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
OK, that Rhino guy is definitely responsible for everything else going wrong in the story, though I suppose getting slammed like that at the end probably did injure him. Ah well, something absolutely stupid screwing over Spider-Man just proves they know how to write a Spidey story for this game, that's basically SOP for him (come to think of it, Rhino guy is probably going to be on Jameson's show badmouthing Spidey if they really nailed it).

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

OK, that Rhino guy is definitely responsible for everything else going wrong in the story, though I suppose getting slammed like that at the end probably did injure him. Ah well, something absolutely stupid screwing over Spider-Man just proves they know how to write a Spidey story for this game, that's basically SOP for him (come to think of it, Rhino guy is probably going to be on Jameson's show badmouthing Spidey if they really nailed it).
I don't remember if he shows up on Jonah's podcast, but he does talk trash on the NYCWallCrawler social media page! I forgot to show it off when recording this, but it might still be there if I scroll down far enough.

Anyway, I was messing around with paint.net and the result was this all-new limited edition variant cover:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 28, 2019

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Surely dressing up as a supervillain is like, the equivalent of dressing up as a serial killer or terrorist? Like, even if it's not illegal, seems like kind of a lovely thing to do.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I agree and yet people do it all the time in the real world. Even comics too I guess. I think Jonah or someone on Spidey Twitter says this very thing.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 21: Uninvited

We do some spider-sleuthing at Oscorp to finally find out the terrible truth about Devil's Breath (and discover that I am incapable of seeing the number 40 without immediately thinking about Lex Luthor stealing forty cakes), and MJ decides to sneak into Sable International's main compound.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"If this information gets out, it'll be terrible for Oscorp."

"So let's just put everything about it in an easy to ready PowerPoint that remains open at all times on Norman's computer."

:v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Doc M posted:

(and discover that I am incapable of seeing the number 40 without immediately thinking about Lex Luthor stealing forty cakes)

That's terrible.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
It's as many as four tens.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Am I the only one who feels like any moment now this is going to turn into an LP of Prototype?

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

The Sandman posted:

Am I the only one who feels like any moment now this is going to turn into an LP of Prototype?

I wasn't but now that you have brought it up...

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Episode 22: Connections

We learn more about Dr. Octavius' story, and Spider-Man meets his biggest spider-fan. We also punch some Demons but who cares about them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, I forgot how long this Mr. Negative portion of the story goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Lots of great fanboy moments in this video. We revisit Castle Clinton for a hostage situation (didn’t I do this in Deus Ex?), arms juggling, “I just punched Spider-Man...” More great moments ahead of course.