Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

a reminder that [if you can] you should donate blood during the Christmas period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Well the second yibbida is redundant.

Reduplication is a feature of many languages

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TheMightyHandful posted:

a reminder that [if you can] you should donate blood during the Christmas period.

How gay is your blood

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheMightyHandful posted:

I've had a metric poo poo-ton of transfusions so ah..hey, thank you. Really.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

TheMightyHandful posted:

I did like 17 plasma donations this year so I cbf.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

David Lyonhelmet's lawyer says getting affadavits is really hard and requests more time

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

my blood is too gay sorry.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
My blood's too foreign.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
my blood is too powerful

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
My blood is basically hamburgers at this point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

TRANSGENDER - I AM TRANSGENDER. CAN I DONATE?
Yes, but there’s a restriction based on sexual activity. Donors who are transgender will be unable to donate if they’ve had sex with a male or transgender partner in the last 12 months.

lol im too trans and gay to donate

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
My blood has too many chemotherapy drugs in it which really you think would be like a good thing like hey a free cancer booster shot with your transfusion but that's big pharma for you.

Okay I know that's not the reason they don't take the blood.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
my blood is basically a 50/50 mix of drugs and excess organs so they won't take mine

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Do they still have rules against THC for blood donations. If I was getting a transfusion I would be specifically requesting stoner blood

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
My blood is just normal. I don't have any interesting personal traits to pepper in here, that you, the reader, may remember. No punchline.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Sorry everyone that was mean. I hope your cancer or whatever improves.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
My blood is too blue for you plebs

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I can't donate because I have spent the last 10 years living in *gasp* filthy foreign countries that the Blood Bank doesn't like.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

my blood is basically a 50/50 mix of drugs and excess organs so they won't take mine

Some people have a protein shake. gsc slams back his cocktail of fentanyl and kidneys

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
My blood is too poison unfortunately

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

Some people have a protein shake. gsc slams back his cocktail of fentanyl and kidneys

its got electrolytes

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

aejix posted:

Do they still have rules against THC for blood donations. If I was getting a transfusion I would be specifically requesting stoner blood

I guess in theory, if someone took a run of huge bong hits (I'm talking about getting so high you might poo poo yourself here), waited like 20 mins for it to really soak in, and then gave blood before their liver could filter the cannabinoids out, that blood might feasibly get someone high? Say there's 1/10th of the ~5L of blood in a human body in a pint of blood, you'd have to get 5 times as high as the person you're giving the blood to and tbh that thought horrifies me.

Someone call Steve O.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I can and do donate and I can confirm the red cross has never called me to say hey your blood is too stoned

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

They do not like Queensland blood so that is A good thing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Amethyst posted:

No punchline.

Amethyst posting, summarised

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

bell jar posted:

I can and do donate and I can confirm the red cross has never called me to say hey your blood is too stoned

I imagine the recipients would also be pleased

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My blood is a true believer.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Every few years I try to donate and they turn me away. I keep hoping they change the rules but yeah.

That'll learn me for living in the UK for more than the prescribed time period over the prescribed years.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look its too dangerous to expose everyone to british diseases like mad cow and brexit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well that's dumb. I'd totally take your trans gay blood. It would give me power beyond belief.

Maybe that's why they won't let you donate it..

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Since I'm apparently one of the three auspollians who is able to donate, clearly I'm obliged to now, heh.

I'll need to find a time that'll work for me, though...

froglet fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 18, 2018

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Can I donate? I have sex with women, and they've had sex with men. That's pretty gay too ay? :thunk:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I'm O+, which according to Japanese horoscope bullshit, means I'm confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive, athletic, unpredictable, spiteful, self-centered, cold, aggressive, arrogant, envious and ruthless.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-18/no-jab-no-play-threatening-pre-school-enrolments/10627524

Pre-schools face uncertain future as 'no jab, no play' vaccination rules threaten enrolments

quote:

Early childhood educators in one of Australia's anti-vaccination hotspots are warning a "no jab, no play" policy could have serious unintended consequences.

Since January, unvaccinated children have been banned from enrolling in pre-schools in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland, and the policy will start having a practical effect from next year.

Some pre-schools in northern NSW, which has one of Australia's lowest vaccination rates, have told 7.30 their enrolments are down.

"What are we doing with the kids that are missing out?" Pauline Hurcombe, director of the Mount Warning Community Pre-School at Uki, said.

"Where's the policy for them?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

How do you get anti-vaccination hotspots?

Extremely active residents facebook groups?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Extremely vocal mothers groups more like it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hambeet posted:

How do you get anti-vaccination hotspots?

Extremely active residents facebook groups?

Byron Bay

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

quote:

Die of polio presumably.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheMightyHandful posted:

Post in the charity drive thread! It’s stickied!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

"What are we doing with the kids that are missing out?" Pauline Hurcombe, director of the Mount Warning Community Pre-School at Uki, said.

Hopefully their parents just fuckin immunise their kids? Because the kids that can't get vaccinations don't deserve to get sick because you're afraid of little Billy getting jabbed when there's autism in the mercury?