Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Winning a wildcard spot doesn't make you the best team :colbert:

No, being the best team makes you the best team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Intruder posted:

Winning a wildcard spot doesn't make you the best team :colbert:

Colts were the best team. They lost to the Jags who took over Best Team, but then they lost to the Titans.

The Titans are clearly, and scientifically proven to be the current Best AFC South team.

Sorry about your division winning cant be Best AFC South Team team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Colts were the best team. They lost to the Jags who took over Best Team, but then they lost to the Titans.

The Titans are clearly, and scientifically proven to be the current Best AFC South team.

This is true hopefully Tennessee can hold the title week 17

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
the jaguars are an abortion

an a-bort-tion

a-Bort-tion

ahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

So the Jags had the title belt coming into the season. They lost to the Titans in Week 3. Titans hold the title belt. Titans lose to the Colts in Week 11. Colts hold the title. Texans failed to beat them for the belt in Week 14. Colts are the AFC South Champs unless the Titans can take the strap in a Loser Leaves Town match in a steel cage in Week 17.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you are not going to win the superbowl then the best thing you can do is get the number one overall draft pick, hence Jags #1.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

If you are not going to win the superbowl then the best thing you can do is get the number one overall draft pick, hence Jags #1.

In a draft with no good QBs lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JT Jag posted:

the jaguars are an abortion

an a-bort-tion

a-Bort-tion

ahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

are you alright man. we're here for you

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Texans are probably the worst team in NFL history to win a division.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't care if they're the worst team to win a Super Bowl. Rings is rings.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

With the Texans remaining schedule, they'll probably get to 12 wins. My friend asked me today if they're going to the worst 12 win 2-seed in history. I think it's possible.

They're a roster that's propped up by like 5 players, and who squeaks out wins against an easy schedule. Their schedule is currently the 3rd easiest in the league, and their strength of victory is 13th. Their offense is basically Watson hoping Hopkins can make ridiculous contested catches. Their defense is good up front, but they hope you just make more mistakes than they do and you hand them the game. Their margin of victory is 22nd in the league.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 18, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

Well yes but we're not talking about 2012 here

Also remember that godawful Cardinals team that went to the playoffs like five years ago

e: jesus that cardinals team was 11-5 (also didn't win the division so whatever)

How did they go 11-5 with Lindley at QB

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 18, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Well yes but we're not talking about 2012 here

Also remember that godawful Cardinals team that went to the playoffs like five years ago

e: jesus that cardinals team was 11-5 (also didn't win the division so whatever)

How did they go 11-5 with Lindley at QB

Lindley was the 3rd string QB man that team was really good sadly palmer died then the backup also died

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I honestly think the Jags would've won a couple of these Kessler games if they'd gone with Bort, but maybe that would've been unproductive, I don't know. I just... don't really buy that Kessler is better than Bort.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

They're both very bad, but Bort at least has a home run ball he can try that actually works from time to time. Kessler just has nothing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe it's insurance against self sabotage. Like what if Bort rips off a 300 yard 3 TD 0-1 INT game for a huge win and suddenly they're tempted to give him another chance next year

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I feel like Coughlin is part of the reason Kessler is still starting. Probably some old school bullshit hardass stuff he was famous for with the Giants (except for the super bowl years).

The Texans roster is no worse than any of the crap Peyton Manning carried to the playoffs in Indy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/rCDbQBg.mp4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"Two ounces of vodka"

*pours in a quarter of the bottle*

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

b0ng posted:

I feel like Coughlin is part of the reason Kessler is still starting. Probably some old school bullshit hardass stuff he was famous for with the Giants (except for the super bowl years).

The Texans roster is no worse than any of the crap Peyton Manning carried to the playoffs in Indy.

Those Colts teams had tons of talent. It was just on one side of the ball and special teams. The defense was just a couple dozen dudes who won a raffle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They had Freeney and Mathis which covered up a lot of warts

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

They had Freeney and Mathis which covered up a lot of warts

They definitely had a design idea. Offense scores. Force the opponent to throw, turn Mathis and Freeney loose. It worked most of the time. When the offense didn't work though, it went south, and went south hard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans have always poorly gameplanned against the Colts. With Hilton and Luck, they stay in cover 2 with off coverage which just gets picked apart and they never adjust. Against the Colts with Freeny and Mathis, they ran a lot of slow developing plays or stretch running plays which lol that doesn't work against a defense built around speed

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

The Texans have always poorly gameplanned against the Colts. With Hilton and Luck, they stay in cover 2 with off coverage which just gets picked apart and they never adjust. Against the Colts with Freeny and Mathis, they ran a lot of slow developing plays or stretch running plays which lol that doesn't work against a defense built around speed

The biggest issue I think is that your secondary is fairly mediocre. Your defense is predicated on pressure from the front seven, and that makes up for their flaws. Luck is fairly mobile, and lately they've gone a lot of max protect, meaning it gave time for Hilton to work against guys who just can't run with him. He's made a career toasting the Texans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I watched the Colts game. They're looking legit. The O line absolutely owned Dallas up front, not an easy team to run against usually but they were pounding it at will. That super young defense is also coming on at just the right time. This team better make the playoffs, at this moment I'd rather play the Texans than the Colts for sure.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Thanks for this -- I ended up finding him praising the 9ers cheerleaders?

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1074444478176362496

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

Maybe it's insurance against self sabotage. Like what if Bort rips off a 300 yard 3 TD 0-1 INT game for a huge win and suddenly they're tempted to give him another chance next year

It’s that plus if Bortles gets hurt (again) there’s zero chance anyone would sign him, which guarantees the Jags would take the full giganto cap hit. If he’s healthy they could release him and get a couple million back on their cap if someone signs him to a cheap deal.

At least I think that’s the way the contract is structured

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Homura posted:

Thanks for this -- I ended up finding him praising the 9ers cheerleaders?

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1074444478176362496

He worked that game for radio. It's just him goofin' around from the booth. He didn't get back and start doing tape until the one I posted (he always does the Colts first).

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 18, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

baldy is the poo poo, best twitter account in sports

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nelson and Ebron named ProBowlers. Yeah!

Mosley and McKinney make the ProBowl over Darius Leonard.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 19, 2018

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

EvilBeard posted:

Nelson and Ebron named ProBowlers. Yeah!

Mosley and McKinney make the ProBowl over Darius Leonard.

While Leonard getting snubbed is still very bad, the true problem lies with the balloting. Leonard wasn't up against Mosley and McKinney as an ILB, he was up against Von Miller, Clowney, and Dee Ford as an OLB. He never had a chance in the pass rusher field.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's because McKinney is Real Good

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The stupid thing is Leonard has accomplished about as much in the pass rushing realm as Clowney this season. Any way you slice it it's a horrible snub.

He'll probably be an All Pro though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clowney is also one of the best run stopping OLBs though

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

And here Luck doesn't go to the pro bowl. :priceisrightlosinghorn:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

And here Luck doesn't go to the pro bowl. :priceisrightlosinghorn:

Meh. He's on par with Brady and Brady will always get the Legacy pick.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying Raiders' twitter losing their poo poo about Eric Ebron making the Pro Bowl over Jared Cook.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Intruder posted:

That's because McKinney is Real Good

McKinney was good this season but Leonard did more to earn that spot. Surprising and doesn't indicate a very thorough attitude by the voters.

ShakeZula posted:

While Leonard getting snubbed is still very bad, the true problem lies with the balloting. Leonard wasn't up against Mosley and McKinney as an ILB, he was up against Von Miller, Clowney, and Dee Ford as an OLB. He never had a chance in the pass rusher field.

that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I'm enjoying Raiders' twitter losing their poo poo about Eric Ebron making the Pro Bowl over Jared Cook.

The pro bowl is a sham but lmao at anyone thinking cook deserves to awarded for average play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

The pro bowl is a sham but lmao at anyone thinking cook deserves to awarded for average play

but he has 0.3 more catches per game and like 10 more yards a game while having half as many touchdowns!