Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Sounds like you have a suboptimal build :colbert:

Pushing red maps at 82 I think, as a Double Strike Juggernaut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah I know but

An ex? A few ex? A headhunter?

Legit have no idea.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My Hopeshredder refuses to link and continues to shred my hope.

Now at 900 fuses done at 28% quality.

It does what it says on the tin, folks.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'd just like to formally say :rip: to whoever vaaled that 6 link with 'sockets cannot be modified' and got +2 to mine/trap gems with 3R3G colours or whatever it was, that was pretty funny.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I'd just like to formally say :rip: to whoever vaaled that 6 link with 'sockets cannot be modified' and got +2 to mine/trap gems with 3R3G colours or whatever it was, that was pretty funny.

explosive trap, empower, added fire, trap damage, multi trap, 6th link :colbert:

edit cold to fire while running hatred :colbert::colbert::colbert:

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 18, 2018

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I bought it for levelling my jugg, so i figured I'd throw it into the confluence and see what happens.

Suffering. Suffering never changes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
alright 4R is rough, no lie

nerox
May 20, 2001
All the good goon chest vaals involve +2 traps :v:

J
Jun 10, 2001

cytoc posted:

I've been wondering the same thing myself, I'm after a different craft where I'm going to try and get +1 to sockected gems on an elder melee weapon and need to dodge "supported by melee kill" roll, but the same logic should apply. As far as I can tell in my instance it needs to be brute forced and I assume it's the same for yours.

I assume that we can calculate the odds of affixes as follows (I would really like to have this corrected if I'm wrong because this is how I'm viewing what I'm doing):
Poedb gives the odds for rolling affixes on a standard base, but doesn't provide weighting for elder / shaper affixes. Poe wiki does provide weighting on all affixes (used below), but I'm not sure if they are up to date for betrayal.

As far as I understand it, the weighted odds of rolling a particular affix are the sum of all possible rolls available for that affix:
i.e.
+1 socketed gems = 250

4-6% frenzy charge (ilvl 68) = 400
7-10% frenzy charge (ilvl 84) = 400

7-12% cold as phys = 1000
13-17% cold as phys = 1000
18-20% cold as phys (ilvl 80) = 1000
I assume Dan accepted the cold as phys because the weighting was so high, rather than that it is an ideal prefix.

I think the minimum ilvl you need is 75 for the bow for cast on crit (I haven't checked all of the other mods)? If that is the case and you accept one exalt may be burnt on cold as phys, then:
ilvl <84 -> chance of +1 socketed = 250/650
ilvl 84+ -> chance of +1 socketed = 250/1050

Irrespective of how accurate the weightings are, my assumption is that if you don't use an ilvl 84+ bow, you should have more chance of landing the +1 socketed gems roll because you remove the second frenzy charge generation option from the pool. And if you use a ilvl 75 - 79 bow, then you reduce the chance of hitting cold as phys by 1/3 on that first exalt, even though it is still clearly the most likely outcome.

Turns out the man himself posted about it this morning after crafting an even better version of that bow using aisling's 2 veiled mods trick. This is for the next level, even more expensive version of that bow. One of the previous comments also explained the method to do it, in which I forgot about the possibility of scouring off bad prefixes.

Quote in case reddit is blocked at work:

quote:

In this case you specifically need +1 gems and CoC as your only two prefixes. With cannot roll attack mods on a bow that is item level 75-79 the four prefixes you can exalt, and their odds are:

frenzy on kill ~12.5%
+1 gems ~7.5%
Phys as Cold ~ 60%
Cast on Crit ~ 20%

So to get +1 gems with CoC and an open prefix you either need to slam +1 gems then CoC or CoC then +1 gems. The odds of doing this is about 3.65% and at 5 exalts per attempt this can be very expensive. You can do other things to help like suffixes cannot be changed + annuling if you land +1 gems on the first exalt (like I did) but I reckon it'll still be an average cost of at least 100 exalts to land the prefixes.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I have a question regarding stats. Trying to min-max my CI Cold Snap/Vortex Occultist for endgame. Let's say literally all of my damage comes from cold dots (in practice, a little bit of damage comes from Storm Brand, Flame Dash, and Lightning Golem, but we'll ignore those), and I have the Spiritual Aid notable. Does this mean that the following are all equal in terms of DPS increase?

* 1% increased minion damage
* 1% increased spell damage
* 1% increased elemental damage
* 1% increased damage
* 1% increased cold damage
* 1% increased damage over time

This is true enough, but bear in mind that these add and multiply in weird and complicated ways. Spiritual Aid is adding your minion damage bonus to your generic damage bonus, so they're maybe going to be a little diluted compared to other stats.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

spiritual aid is nice though because it will scale your profane blooms.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

George posted:

This is true enough, but bear in mind that these add and multiply in weird and complicated ways. Spiritual Aid is adding your minion damage bonus to your generic damage bonus, so they're maybe going to be a little diluted compared to other stats.

Just considering the cold dots, all that stuff should be purely additive. Increased X + Increased Y is just the same as 2x Increased X, provided X and Y affect all your damage

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So elemental hit is still obscenely good. I breezed through a t12 at level 70 with level 16 gems.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Traxis posted:

So elemental hit is still obscenely good. I breezed through a t12 at level 70 with level 16 gems.

with or without the combat focus jewels?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

with or without the combat focus jewels?

With, and avatar of fire.

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

Looking for a guild invite, character name is repetee

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

this is one of my favorite builds so far. bigass 2h jugg with consecrated path, running voidforge and abyssus. very fast and very tanky, except when it's not (ie i get alpha striked before my endurance charges come up). the abyssus takes away some degree of tankiness too. so im either very safe in facetank mode, or extremely dead. there's no in-between.

this league is also the first time ive really committed to making one character and sinking a bunch of currency into the gear, spending almost 20ex total so far. at this point i chunk t15 map bosses in a few hits and pushing 1milly vs guardians/shaper. i think the only upgrades to make are:

1. evening out resistances for wise oak
2. getting a damage mod or two on my belt
3. getting a 6l on my voidforge for the ancestral warchief
4. fix up a coupla my jewels, they are 'fine' but i could squeeze an extra few % of damage out of them

it's also my first build that i've successfully 'winged' and built off my own ideas/looking at poe.ninja rather than carefully following a build guide. that's a nice feeling, even if poe.ninja is cheating it a little.

overall i wanna take this through shaper and maybe push another level or two before moving to character number 2. however next league im definitely starting with a spell instead of an attack

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jinnigan posted:

however next league im definitely starting with a spell instead of an attack

oh my god yes this

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nerox posted:

I am speed running white maps right now since that seems to be my best xp/hour.
White as in t1-5 or white as in you don't mod them?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Apparently there is a vendor recipe to trade 3 maps in for one of a higher tier that is connected to them in the atlas, and for maps with multiple connections you can swap one of the 3 input maps out to toggle between them. This should let me finish off the low tier maps I was missing, hooray.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

White as in t1-5 or white as in you don't mod them?

T1-5. Actually doing T6-8 now.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

quote:

Fixed a bug where triggered Earthquake monster skills (such as the one used by Brinecrack) were sometimes dealing far more damage than intended.

Died twice to one-shots from this bug I think, once on Brinecrack and once on the Underground River koala boss. Good to see I'm not just a terrible player.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Suprfli6 posted:

Apparently there is a vendor recipe to trade 3 maps in for one of a higher tier that is connected to them in the atlas, and for maps with multiple connections you can swap one of the 3 input maps out to toggle between them. This should let me finish off the low tier maps I was missing, hooray.

you can toggle the map now???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How does voidforge work if you are fully converting to fire ?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"Gain X as Extra Y" happens before conversions. Unless you've made up the other 50% of cold/lightning -> fire conversion elsewhere, you will lose out some damage if the random element is one of those two.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Suprfli6 posted:

swap one of the 3 input maps out to toggle between them

WAIT WHAT

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Idk I’m at work and can’t test it but somebody said 3 Atoll maps gets you one thing, 2 Atoll maps and something else gets you another thing.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

p good. Got an instant offer for 15ex

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So if you are chieftain and use consecrated path, that’s just an extra 300% elemental on whatever your physical damage was before conversion

But if you are using avatar of fire and consecrated path (not a chieftain) the extra 300% damage (if cold or lighting ) is added but is turned into fire and reduced by 50%

?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Winter orb users will pay probably upwards of 30

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Suprfli6 posted:

Idk I’m at work and can’t test it but somebody said 3 Atoll maps gets you one thing, 2 Atoll maps and something else gets you another thing.

The maps still have to be 3 of the same. But say you have 5 copies of a map that has 2 connections above it. The first 3 you put in give you Map A bit you can try swapping which copies of the initial map you are selling and a different combo may output Map B

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jusupov posted:

Add a zero to that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Herewaard posted:

The maps still have to be 3 of the same. But say you have 5 copies of a map that has 2 connections above it. The first 3 you put in give you Map A bit you can try swapping which copies of the initial map you are selling and a different combo may output Map B

Wtf

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Herewaard posted:

This One Trick Fixed My Atlas Progress

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I'm just getting to maps for the first time with this tectonic juggernought build. It's pretty tough so far I think I'm lacking in the health department. I know everyone says to cap your resistances, so with maximum endurance charges I'm over the cap for all elements. Since I'm playing the Juggernought I'm generally at maximum endurance charges all the time except maybe just before fighting something. For people who have experience with the Jugg, is this fine? Do I need to have capped resistances beforehand just in case? I don't know if getting one shot later cause I'm down 25% fire resistance before being hit once will be a problem down the line.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Winter orb users will pay probably upwards of 30

Ele hit is projectile and aoe too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Ele hit is projectile and aoe too.

Ele hit usually goes kaoms heart and a fossilised bow, however.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I'm just getting to maps for the first time with this tectonic juggernought build. It's pretty tough so far I think I'm lacking in the health department. I know everyone says to cap your resistances, so with maximum endurance charges I'm over the cap for all elements. Since I'm playing the Juggernought I'm generally at maximum endurance charges all the time except maybe just before fighting something. For people who have experience with the Jugg, is this fine? Do I need to have capped resistances beforehand just in case? I don't know if getting one shot later cause I'm down 25% fire resistance before being hit once will be a problem down the line.

your elemental resistances should be capped standing in town

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Killed Shaper deathless with my Vortex Occultist. Pretty fun build, all told.

Probably going to reroll fairly soon, no idea what yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Hey everyone, the Backup guild is FULL at 100 members, and as such I think we really need a global channel to use in order to keep the groups together and not feeling like second class citizens.

It's not as if the "main guild" has much of an advantage, since someone keeps vendoring the gstash.

As such, I suggest we use /global 5555.