Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Welp, went and tried out the new mode, got just beyond the 45 minute mark...and on the rewards screen the game is 'down to address a critical issue' and spits me out. It's not quite the moronic four hour event thing where people were getting screwed with ten minutes to go, but it's still pretty irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Last I heard, the entire STW gamemode was turned off.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1075016583901310976
I won't even get to play the new update for another 8 hours. I hope everything is fixed by then.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone who played the Frostnite horde mode in STW had their Stormshield Storage deleted

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Everyone who played the Frostnite horde mode in STW had their Stormshield Storage deleted

Lol wait for real?

edit: Yes for real . Good god

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
oh poo poo, that's a massive bug. No wonder they turned it off for now.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I haven't heard of a game with an inventory wiping bug before.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Can we get the 100,000 xp bug for completing a challenge again? That was the best.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Apparently Community Response is so strong they disabled the Subreddit

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Triggs posted:

Can we get the 100,000 xp bug for completing a challenge again? That was the best.

Yes please. Even if I miss it, listening to people cry about not getting it is as good as any season reward. I will never be capable of caring about non existent virtual clothes or currency

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Triggs posted:

Was that the same bug that gave you something like 350 battle stars for completing part of a multipart challenge during the fortnitemares event?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Thats the one. I think one of the challenges was land in x, y and z. I was doing it and all of a sudden like 20 tiers a pop. and many million tears from everybody who missed it before it was patched

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I am very curious abut how differently they're handling distributed data. Storage/inventory wiping has happened before and data duplication has been a huge problem as well. It's a very hard problem to solve but there are tons other games that seem to avoid deleting customer data.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CmdrRiker posted:

I am very curious abut how differently they're handling distributed data. Storage/inventory wiping has happened before and data duplication has been a huge problem as well. It's a very hard problem to solve but there are tons other games that seem to avoid deleting customer data.

Their backend has gigantic MongoDB clusters.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They have a backup from midnight they're pushing to people who lost everything

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
The hoverboard looks like it's going to be everything I wanted it to be:
https://twitter.com/FNBRHQ/status/1075093529054068736

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Nullsmack posted:

The hoverboard looks like it's going to be everything I wanted it to be:
https://twitter.com/FNBRHQ/status/1075093529054068736

The gently caress? Fortnite you bojo: everyone knows those boards don't work on water.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The water is only like 4 inches deep.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
omg, STW is still down.
Very nearly got a victory in solo and duos just now. Not too shabby.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They changed the button to release baloons, thank christ

E:yo is anyone getting a bug where walls and floors explode on contact with your character after leaving a plane? I just killed two people pretty easily after it happened to them and then got killed myself when it happened to me

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 19, 2018

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Can't revert the patch and go back to testing if you have no testing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

tweet my meat posted:

Best change

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

tweet my meat posted:

teagone posted:

Best change

Ahem...

quote:

Dab for days with the new emoting power of the Infinite Dab in the lobby!
- Lasts 10 hours.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to this:

14 DAYS OF FORTNITE

The holidays have hit Battle Royale, and it’s shown across the map in a variety of ways. Pick up a Snowball Launcher or hide within a holiday-lit Legendary Bush after dropping from the festive Battle Bus!

In addition to the map makeover, the 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature a new challenge with a new free reward every single day. Each day also brings both new and returning LTMs.

Large team modes switch every two days and small team modes rotate every 24 hours.

Starting December 19, log in each day at 9 AM ET(1400 UTC) to find out which modes are available to explore. Let us know which LTM is your favorite on our social channels!

And finally, be sure and check out the Item Shop for new and returning holiday outfits appearing daily to show off your holiday spirit. Login everyday to see what’s new!

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
But its supposed to be infinite...

Anyone played around a bit with the snowball launcher? I can't decide if its useful or not.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Does the suppressed pistol have any upside over an smg?

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

Does the suppressed pistol have any upside over an smg?

50ish damage headshots (quick 2tap on someone with no shield), silenced, perfect first shot accuracy and longer range. It can be used in place of the SMG / AR in early game. If you already have an AR, the smg is preferable imo.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Does the Hand Cannon also have perfect first shot accuracy? I got a good one yesterday and just thought I was really lucky.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
The hand cannon is a freaking sniper rifle sometimes. I've gotten so many lucky high damage shots with that thing from far away. I even dumpstered a guy who was shooting at me with one of the regular sniper rifles.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Thats the thing in this game, and its frustrating sometimes. Auto weapons are just a crap shoot most of the time, but single shot guns are always dead on with the first shot. I picked a guy off with the hunting rifle who was trying to escape in plane last night. I feel like they ruined bursts too making them completely useless, I used to feel as thought they were a lot more accurate, but maybe its just me.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Whoops, joined the Vaulted LTM not realizing it was squads and got destroyed on my first drop. Got carried to a win with an auto-fill team the next game, so that was nice. For some reason, the quad launcher spawns in that game mode, though.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I just won solo mode of BR by hiding in a bush for 10 minutes, then hiding behind a rock for another 10 minutes. I got 0 kills, landed maybe one shot on the last enemy and he got killed by the storm while hiding from me. Am I gud now?

edit: I admit I had thermal scoped rifle on me, so I knew where the last enemies were

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 19, 2018

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I got to 2nd place in solo last night by gliding around the map in a plane. I think I got one kill off of it before I got hooked on a zipline pole. lol. Then I did unusually well at shooting 3 players in a row. The last guy did me in though. He hid behind a tree I didn't check and then shotgunned me at the last second. I checked the replay and he knew exactly where I was at all times, while I had no clue where he was. I even found out he took a couple of pot shots at me with his sniper rifle that I didn't know about.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

codo27 posted:

Thats the thing in this game, and its frustrating sometimes. Auto weapons are just a crap shoot most of the time, but single shot guns are always dead on with the first shot. I picked a guy off with the hunting rifle who was trying to escape in plane last night. I feel like they ruined bursts too making them completely useless, I used to feel as thought they were a lot more accurate, but maybe its just me.
It's a trade off: slow shooting powerful weapons for taking the first shots, automatic rifles for covering your rear end to run away. you aren't going to be super accurate but most people hide while bullets are buzzing around them. Running away is half the fun in the game. If you see someone jumping through with balloons strapped to their back throwing dynamite endlessly that's probably me trying to get away.
And I will rock you with a burst, it's my go to if I'm trying to win.

Is anyone going to try to build a Block level?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
How long does it usually take for skins to come back around on the item shop? I really want to snag waypoint next time it's up

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

tweet my meat posted:

How long does it usually take for skins to come back around on the item shop? I really want to snag waypoint next time it's up

Its up to the whims from whoever programed the RNG store roatation AI.

Also :siren:There's a special LTM where you get to run around with Vaulted items:siren::yeshaha:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

tweet my meat posted:

New things seem to come back within a two week window, and then again two weeks after that, then anywhere from 30-90 days after that. Very few non-holiday items have gone more than 100 days.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I missed American football dance and I want it. :(

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Was loving around at the final circle in tilted spamming sprinkler and rock out while hiding, I stopped for a second and realized that someone else who was hiding had started spamming the same dances a floor above me. They even kept doing it while I spectated them after they killed me and nearly won the match.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Running man for life

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Team 33 Rumble this morning, got knocked down and little hope of rescue. The guy who shot me starts dancing over me. Then someone 9/11'd a plane into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its not really that cool since its not a major point of contention but you can truly 9/11 the tower in Lonely, or I guess any of the other couple similar ones across the map, in one pass. I like stacking 9 dynamite and trying to level whole areas.