Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
I think I had it set to a smaller frog than is the new default I guess if that icon option was removed that would explain why it vanished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks for fixing the oled spacing and the ants :)

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Kindle Fire update rules, thanks -

also I noticed something I appreciate: this app muscles through a lovely connection like almost none other

my residential internet's been out for a few weeks, and I've been tethering to the 1-2 bars of cell connection I can get in this apartment. Embedded tweets take a few seconds to show up sometimes but it's better than the twitter app's minute or so, when it doesn't just give up

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I just got the beta update. It seems cool so far buuuut...

I clicked the play icon on a webm? and it has sound on by default. I swear it used to mute by default. Am I crazy? I can't find a setting for it.

<3

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

There is no setting for it. Do you have a link to the post?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Not only it has sound by default but it also starts playing by default..

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Happens for me in this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862643&pagenumber=314&perpage=40

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Sereri posted:

There is no setting for it. Do you have a link to the post?

It was this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847325&pagenumber=251&perpage=40#post490689247

Its an mp4.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

While they're definitely both not muted, do you have video autoplay turned on in the embedding settings ?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

While they're definitely both not muted, do you have video autoplay turned on in the embedding settings ?

Ah yes I had, but I never touched that setting so maybe it's on by default?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also, it says it plays when videos are "in view" and I noticed when loading a page it first shows the top of the page for a split second, then jumps down to the last post. The video in question was at the top of the page. Maybe that short moment triggers the autoplay.
Just a thought.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Sereri posted:

In my case I pressed the play button (I already have autoplay off). I was just not expecting it to make noise. Am I crazy or did these used to be muted by default?

I know youtube and twitter vids defaulted to having sound on but I don't remember other embeds being that way.

While I am at it, I guess there is no way to have an option for *all* embeds to default to muted? Or is there some android-way for me to mute the app completely? Putting the phone into silent mode prevents rings and notification sounds but (obviously?) does not prevent sound when the user explicitly plays some media...

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
There's no stock way to do it as far as I know but several apps on the play store will allow you to control the volume of individual apps.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Still begging for mp4/gifv link menu.

Awesome loving app dudes.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

other people posted:

In my case I pressed the play button (I already have autoplay off). I was just not expecting it to make noise. Am I crazy or did these used to be muted by default?

Yes it's a bug

Wasabi the J posted:

Still begging for mp4/gifv link menu.

Awesome loving app dudes.

That's in the beta

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah, I initialized the video wrong. It's already fixed and will be in the non-beta release saturday/sunday. Thanks guys :)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sereri posted:

Yes it's a bug

That's in the beta

Hooooly shiiiiiitttt

:aaaaa:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Does the beta have the auto theme switching based on location/sunset/sunrise or Nah?

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
As in some sort of green in the streets amber in the sheets?

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Just switched to android after using th app on iphone for ages and the twitter embeds now only show up as links :smith:. Is there any fix for this?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Queen Gnome posted:

Just switched to android after using th app on iphone for ages and the twitter embeds now only show up as links :smith:. Is there any fix for this?

Yeah. check your menus

Settings>Posts>Embedding

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Does the beta have the auto theme switching based on location/sunset/sunrise or Nah?

Nah but maybe at some point

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

The Bloop posted:

Yeah. check your menus

Settings>Posts>Embedding

Whelp I feel stupid now. Thank you

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Queen Gnome posted:

Whelp I feel stupid now. Thank you

Don't; there is a lot of the app's customization that's buried a few layers down and not obvious to new (or sometimes experienced) users.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, one thing to learn about Android (though this is improving) is that there's generally a bunch of useful ways to customize things buried in settings menus

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
I'm just glad I found that buried/hidden submenu that let me finally create new threads.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Settings>Posts>Embedding
This is wonderful.

Bring back the frog you cowards! :argh:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This is wonderful.

Wait, does the beta ditch the frog icon for some reason?!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

No it's still there. At least for me

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Yes but also no.

Also I guess I am updating the forum index image sometime in the future when FYADs does not contain the word genital and BYOB is less TCCish.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's a new, more zoomed-in kind of frog.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ugh, I'm an idiot and forgot that the release version cannot overwrite the beta.

Sorry, beta people, will update you with the video muting fix soon.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I just got the latest update from the play store.

Thanks for the effort you goons put into the app :)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

That is a changelog and a half, nice work.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

How do I get my cut of the bitcoins?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OhFunny posted:

I just got the latest update from the play store.

Thanks for the effort you goons put into the app :)

Same, <3 all u guys who have worked on this all these years.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well, goons, it looks like our time using Awful to read the SomethingAwful.com forums is over.

The Play Store description says it's now a browser for https://www.somethingisawful.com

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

If you have a launcher that supports customizing icons, like Nova, then I got you.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

That is a changelog and a half, nice work.

At first, I thought you meant the one on the Play Store. Which is A Very Good Changelog.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Kheldarn posted:

Well, goons, it looks like our time using Awful to read the SomethingAwful.com forums is over.

The Play Store description says it's now a browser for https://www.somethingisawful.com
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that's been in the app description since, like, 2011? This is the oldest I can find

Kheldarn posted:

If you have a launcher that supports customizing icons, like Nova, then I got you.

If you have nova launcher you can also tell it to use legacy icons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:kiss: