Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Neo Rasa posted:

I know this is five years old by thread standards but you are an awesome person and this picture makes me really happy. :hfive:

My wife is Palestinian and has been super hype about this :3:

I'm waiting to watch the religious right melt down over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1075057298396119040?s=19

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
https://twitter.com/fahrenthold/status/1075057393971662849?s=21

:toot:

Welp Trump looks hosed on this case. One down, sixteen more to go.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Zophar posted:

Remember last year when Trump made a huge stinky fart about never signing another budget without his border money? Lol.

I won't believe it until the bill is signed.

We've seen repeatedly that White House staff will say Trump isn't going to poo poo himself only for Trump to double down in an confirm the making GBS threads plans.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Retro42 posted:

Does this mean the Trump Org is finally going to give to charity? I mean, by court order, but still.

yeah lol, although since it is essentially a fake entity i don't know how much they even have to give away

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I feel sorry for that dog being owned by such a douche

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How One Company Is Making Millions Off Trump’s War on the Poor

quote:

Maximus grew fast. It developed welfare-to-work programs, from hiring caseworkers to designing metrics to assess those workers and get them paid. It devised ways of managing child support enforcement, consulted with governments on cost-cutting measures, and dipped its toe into prison services. It ran contracts in Africa and Latin America and for the World Bank and the US Agency for International Development, and it oversaw workforce programs in Israel and Australia. Mastran built on the lesson he’d learned in the Nixon administration—that programs claiming to reduce fraud were an easy sell across the political spectrum. “We got more business from the Democrats” than the Republicans, says Mastran, who now runs an educational software company in Nashville. A decade after welfare reform was first rolled out, Maximus had annual revenue of $701 million.

The last decade has been even better to Maximus. The Affordable Care Act—particularly the complex eligibility rules for subsidies that Republicans demanded—created a rich new market. Last summer, Mother Jones requested the company’s contracts from the federal government, all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and New York City. Of those 53 governments, 44 provided a total of 180 contracts—and 392 amendments and renewals—under which Maximus or its subsidiaries had worked since 2008.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/12/how-one-company-is-making-millions-off-trumps-war-on-the-poor/

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

I won't believe it until the bill is signed.

We've seen repeatedly that White House staff will say Trump isn't going to poo poo himself only for Trump to double down in an confirm the making GBS threads plans.

i think the key here is that he can't feasibly go to mar-a-lago and gently caress off for three weeks unless he signs something and he reliably acts in the interest of letting himself be as lazy as possible

vvv judicial supervision of the dissolution, which will also be closely watched by the NY AG, will make that impossible

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Now watch them do more crimes trying to sneak this money back to their personal accounts

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nah, we just had a few major beef recalls after regulations were laxed, nothing important though

What a loving moron, following in his father's footsteps

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

RasperFat posted:

https://twitter.com/fahrenthold/status/1075057393971662849?s=21

:toot:

Welp Trump looks hosed on this case. One down, sixteen more to go.

"The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11."

this is hilarious, it feels like it'd be so infinitely much more work to run a scam to illegally transfer 7 dollars than it would be to just pay 7 dollars.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Real skeptical of this poll tbh

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Midlife Boomers for Trump still exists huh?

Figured the more vocal support might start to die off, what with the tide turning and the sheer amount of self owns and "MYCRIMES" tweets

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11."

this is hilarious, it feels like it'd be so infinitely much more work to run a scam to illegally transfer 7 dollars than it would be to just pay 7 dollars.

lol he was too cheap just to pay 7 bucks out of his own pocket.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Art of the deal, baby

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tayter Swift posted:

Real skeptical of this poll tbh

a majority of republican support m4a

https://twitter.com/qweenabidala/status/1074752248427749381

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Your Taint posted:

Thinking about it, there is a very real chance Trump has never owned a wallet or even touched actual money.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So does Trump try and spin this loss as a win on twitter or just ignore it?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

They keep using that awful picture.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This is awesome. AOC is going to keep pushing it, and hopefully the rest of the Democrats sign on too. It's got overwhelming support.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1075058627189358592

Could he actually find 5 billion without Congress approval?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

Midlife Boomers for Trump still exists huh?

Figured the more vocal support might start to die off, what with the tide turning and the sheer amount of self owns and "MYCRIMES" tweets

Some of the FOX news crowd really, honest-to-God believe that antifa are some sort of street gang, just taking time off from doing the drugs to be dicks to good conservative people. FOX really wrote that hypermyth well, it plays right into the perpetual persecution complex.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1075057547072233473

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

eke out posted:

i think the key here is that he can't feasibly go to mar-a-lago and gently caress off for three weeks unless he signs something and he reliably acts in the interest of letting himself be as lazy as possible

vvv judicial supervision of the dissolution, which will also be closely watched by the NY AG, will make that impossible

I doubt he understands why though. I bet people have just said "you can't go to Florida" and let him assume he literally cannot go by not adding "because it would look loving awful" because they know he wouldn't care about that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That depends on if Mexico will pay for it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

He couldn’t find it in his own bank account let alone in the budget.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

He may force the military to do it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

bobjr posted:

So does Trump try and spin this loss as a win on twitter or just ignore it?

There's a press briefing today so ShuckS will spin it as a win, or try to blame the NY AG or Democrats or Hillary's emails.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Congress controls the federal wallet. I have no idea what this headline is even implying.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Caros posted:

That depends on if Mexico will pay for it.

Narrator: They won't.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He may force the military to do it.

but that's not as easy as he thinks it is, since the military does not actually have the money or expertise to do it

they're just going to say they will, do nothing, and hope people forget about it

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Your Taint posted:

Nah, more likely he didn't want to mess with the converting Rubles to Dollars on such a small amount....

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

http://www.1920s-fashion-and-music.com/1920s-slang.html

"Sheik- A young sexy man."

That's what I was going for, anyway. If use of the word in that way is offensive I of course apologize, it wasn't intended.

I don't think a pun on the fact sheikhs exist is racist.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

There's a press briefing today so ShuckS will spin it as a win, or try to blame the NY AG or Democrats or Hillary's emails.

ShuckS can spin anything, she has absolutely no compunction about telling a lie, for whatever the hell her cause is. She's a ball of yarn made human, wheel and all.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Watch it be a kickstarter, because I’m sure there’s already a dozen of them already for the wall.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/gelles/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

No shut down
No wall
And this

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

eke out posted:

but that's not as easy as he thinks it is, since the military does not actually have the money or expertise to do it

they're just going to say they will, do nothing, and hope people forget about it

If this is a stupid question then forgive my ignorance, but isn't the Army Corps of Engineers really good?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

They keep using that awful picture.

well, they needed to find one to make her look like a menace eventually. honeymoon's over, kid, you've signalled that you weren't just saying this poo poo to get elected and might actually believe some of it

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

KickerOfMice posted:

ShuckS can spin anything, she has absolutely no compunction about telling a lie, for whatever the hell her cause is. She's a ball of yarn made human, wheel and all.

My guess is they go for the persecution complex they seem to have and blame the Mueller probe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

KickerOfMice posted:

This implies she's actually good at it, though.