Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

eke out posted:

as context, this was basically inevitable - the judge strongly encouraged the trumps to agree to dissolution at the very beginning

https://twitter.com/amyspitalnick/status/1075055984295460864

So what prevents them from opening up another sham foundation in a few months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1075063079891812352
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1075063833805365250

Caros
May 14, 2008

Oh what in the actual gently caress?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Rackin' up wins baby!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Caros posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1075064468852350976?s=19

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
Double post

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Judge is closing down Flynns avenues for appeal

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1075064171673411584

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

This implies she's actually good at it, though.

Thank the Almighty that she's only playing to a pool of fools then. I think her lack of morals and clear dark intelligence could have done alot more damage otherwise. Like with a non-toddler president.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Your Taint posted:

If this is a stupid question then forgive my ignorance, but isn't the Army Corps of Engineers really good?

no comment

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

skylined! posted:

So what prevents them from opening up another sham foundation in a few months?

It'd take time away from important presidential duties like toilet-tweeting and yelling at the TV

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Your Taint posted:

There's a press briefing today so ShuckS will spin it as a win, or try to blame the NY AG or Democrats or Hillary's emails.

Or her kids. It's tough being a mom, y'know.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah, these questions look sketchy, but in reality the judge is checking boxes to make sure this is final. No appeals, its done.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Caros posted:

The judge is doing a good. He's calling out the slimeballl defense

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Guze posted:

Rackin' up wins baby!

The bump stock ban is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it will piss off millions of gun-humping chuds who will cry great fat tears about how Donny betrayed them and how could he let the RINOs doooooooo this.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

KickerOfMice posted:

Thank the Almighty that she's only playing to a pool of fools then. I think her lack of morals and clear dark intelligence could have done alot more damage otherwise. Like with a non-toddler president.

Lack of morals, sure, but I've never really gotten "intelligence" from Shucks. If she hadn't been born into privilege, I doubt she'd have risen above certified Yelp complainer as a career.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

when a judge is "concerned" about whether your client truly accepted responsibility, your hail mary has horribly backfired

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1075064413470777344

(he still prolly won't get jail time)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

ShuckS can spin anything, she has absolutely no compunction about telling a lie, for whatever the hell her cause is. She's a ball of yarn made human, wheel and all.

shucks has the utter lack of shame to attempt to spin anything, but she's utterly terrible at it. nobody buys it, and honestly i think she gets run out there to demonstrate the trump administration's utter contempt for the media by not even being willing to offer plausible lies or coherent spin.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Guze posted:

Rackin' up wins baby!

I don't know. I'm half afraid that the bump stock ban is a fig leaf to cover undoing protection guidance for minority and disabled students in schools.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-school-safety-panel-1037968

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Lack of morals, sure, but I've never really gotten "intelligence" from Shucks. If she hadn't been born into privilege, I doubt she'd have risen above certified Yelp complainer as a career.

I just mean to have that quick of a wit, to lie the completely and flatly. Takes intelligence to be a real lying rear end in a top hat in my experience, I've known a few. :shrug:

evilweasel posted:

shucks has the utter lack of shame to attempt to spin anything, but she's utterly terrible at it. nobody buys it, and honestly i think she gets run out there to demonstrate the trump administration's utter contempt for the media by not even being willing to offer plausible lies or coherent spin.

See, when I think about spin, I guess I also take into account the intended audience, which in this case, are stupid assholes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Like she'd use Yelp. ShuckS is "I WANNA TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR RIGHT NOW :byodood:" made flesh.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

The bump stock ban is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things but it will piss off millions of gun-humping chuds who will cry great fat tears about how Donny betrayed them and how could he let the RINOs doooooooo this.

the greatest of wins

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Your Taint posted:

lol he was too cheap just to pay 7 bucks out of his own pocket.

reminder:

In 1990, Spy Magazine sent 13-cent checks to the world’s richest people. Only two cashed them: an arms dealer & Donald Trump.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/trump-files-spy-magazine-prank/

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

the greatest of wins

It's a win for those of us who enjoy a good Freeper tears vintage.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, these questions look sketchy, but in reality the judge is checking boxes to make sure this is final. No appeals, its done.

nah this isn't about appeal. this is about shutting down any conspiracy nonsense about how he's not actually guilty, and he's making Flynn say over and over again that yes, he's absolutely guilty and that his attempts to suggest he was entrapped are nonsense. i think this comment is basically informing Flynn his options are to completely and clearly disclaim the conspiracy theory or go to jail, and Flynn and his attorneys have gotten the message loud and clear and are busy cleaning up their nonsense and admitting he's 100% a criminal.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

I just mean to have that quick of a wit, to lie the completely and flatly.

but she doesn't do that. nobody buys shucks lies. his base will repeat them, but not because they believe them - because the lies insult the intelligence of the person being lied to, so you get to own the libs who get annoyed by it and also have group bonding over telling hilariously stupid lies

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Everyone is giving the trump admin credit for getting bump stocks banned when...no, just no.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Like she'd use Yelp. ShuckS is "I WANNA TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR RIGHT NOW :byodood:" made flesh.

For sure, but she'd definitely go home and write about it too, naturally depicting herself as a poor put-upon martyr

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

but she doesn't do that. nobody buys shucks lies. his base will repeat them, but not because they believe them - because the lies insult the intelligence of the person being lied to, so you get to own the libs who get annoyed by it and also have group bonding over telling hilariously stupid lies

I get where you're coming from, but do you talk to Trump voters regularly? There are some real true believers out there, and they take her word pretty much as gospel.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

KickerOfMice posted:

Some of the FOX news crowd really, honest-to-God believe that antifa are some sort of street gang, just taking time off from doing the drugs to be dicks to good conservative people. FOX really wrote that hypermyth well, it plays right into the perpetual persecution complex.

Yeah, it's so weird that they don't understand that antifa never shows up first to anything. They show up in response

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

KickerOfMice posted:

I get where you're coming from, but do you talk to Trump voters regularly? There are some real true believers out there, and they take her word pretty much as gospel.

Trump voters don't count, they're ridiculously easy to fool. It's like bragging about tricking a toddler.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

i don't, fortunately, but i would more interpret that as the fact that she's the mouthpiece of their Leader and so to them whatever she says is by definition true. it's not about her skill at lying, its their blind faith in trump transferred to her

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

evilweasel posted:

nah this isn't about appeal. this is about shutting down any conspiracy nonsense about how he's not actually guilty, and he's making Flynn say over and over again that yes, he's absolutely guilty and that his attempts to suggest he was entrapped are nonsense. i think this comment is basically informing Flynn his options are to completely and clearly disclaim the conspiracy theory or go to jail, and Flynn and his attorneys have gotten the message loud and clear and are busy cleaning up their nonsense and admitting he's 100% a criminal.

Entrapment and false contrition could lead to a pardon, right?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

i don't, fortunately, but i would more interpret that as the fact that she's the mouthpiece of their Leader and so to them whatever she says is by definition true. it's not about her skill at lying, its their blind faith in trump transferred to her

Okay, fair enough, but I think, as I said before, if she was left to metastasize, she could have become something much more dangerous. Small victories?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I remember seeing this pic a couple weeks back but I think it was "conservatives" and "oppression". Anyone have it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CmdrRiker posted:

he doesn't need a pardon, he's getting no jail time and mueller believes he's used up all of flynn's usefulness. the intended audience of this nonsense was the wingnut welfare circuit, where flynn hopes to re-integrate himself as a poor persecuted hero rather than a criminal or someone who flipped on trump

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CmdrRiker posted:

Hell I hope he does pardon Flynn so he can be compelled to testify about [redacted]

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1075068970296840192

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

eke out posted:

but that's not as easy as he thinks it is, since the military does not actually have the money or expertise to do it

they're just going to say they will, do nothing, and hope people forget about it

Even if he forces the military to do it it doesn’t literally mean they’re going to order soldiers to dig holes for foundation and lay bricks or whatever. Do you think the Air Force designs and builds their fancy jets and missiles and stuff? What happens would be the military would put out a call for proposals where they lay out what it is they want, and then commercial companies would come in and make bids for it (“this is what we’ll do to meet your requirements and it’ll cost us this much and take this long and here are 500 pages of supporting documents”). In the end it’s those commercial companies that will end up building the thing.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Boy, is it really Infrastructure Week again?