Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

IOI Patch Notes posted:

Simulation Separation
In the release notes for our previous update, we included a new option called "Simulation Quality." In this update, we've split this option into two; Graphical Simulation and Audio Simulation, allowing players to take advantage of the audio improvements but without affecting their GFX performance.

This isn't strictly true - there's a few new graphical options, but the 'Simulation Quality' remains in the options. I'm assuming that it only effects audio simulation now despite not outright saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide which of the new fixes is the best one - the Hokkaido heart fix or the map button.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

God, I hated Holiday Hoarders the first time around, and now it's a timed event? gently caress that.

Picking up all the things before the two thieves get to them is a pain!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

This isn't strictly true - there's a few new graphical options, but the 'Simulation Quality' remains in the options. I'm assuming that it only effects audio simulation now despite not outright saying that.

There's one simulation setting in graphics and one in audio settings now. They split it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

God, I hated Holiday Hoarders the first time around, and now it's a timed event? gently caress that.

Picking up all the things before the two thieves get to them is a pain!

Start as an AV guy, grab the two things on the second floor, go to the basement, grab a security guard outfit so you can grab weapons without a fuss and get the items on that floor, then get the stuff from the first, then get the stuff from the third.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Start as an AV guy, grab the two things on the second floor, go to the basement, grab a security guard outfit so you can grab weapons without a fuss and get the items on that floor, then get the stuff from the first, then get the stuff from the third.

Got it, thanks! Now I'm waiting for the two dudes to come closer so I can propane them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:toot:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My game has decided that locking up when loading isn’t fun anymore and is doing it when I open the save menu instead, which is far more funny when it happens.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like how two of the featured contracts are just tests

And how agent 47 and random overly complicated murders are the real reasons for the season

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Note that the test Featured Contracts do technically count for the new challenges. If you do everything under the Featured tab, you'll be at 7 FCs completed instead of just 5. Doesn't quite change anything, though it does mean I suppose that you can skip two contracts along the way if you'd really rather not do them.

Also note that, unless there's an auto-fail condition on the Featured (which I don't think there ever is; IO seems to demote them to optional complications when featuring), you can just complete the contract by any means necessary, utterly botching the contract conditions, and exit the map to register it as "complete." So long as you can exit, it counts as finishing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bleh I got all the items and got the santa suit and was waiting in the basement for the dudes to meet up and one of them spotted me trespassing so I had to knock him out. left his body by the tree and blew up the propane tank when the other guy was checking on him. gave me the 12 items challenge and the santa suit accident challenge but didn't count for the propane combo kill one. so presumably I have to do the 12 items over again anyway

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

NOTES: Killing The Constant causes the helicopter exit to become unavailable. I don't know why this is, but fair warning if you're planning to route that way. Every other exit should remain available as normal.

that must be a new change because previously killing the constant made all exits unavailable

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

that must be a new change because previously killing the constant made all exits unavailable
Was that only if he wasn't a target? Could you even make him a target before the patch?

Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

Was that only if he wasn't a target? Could you even make him a target before the patch?

you could make him a target, but if you didn't make him a target he'd still show up in blue through walls. i admit i was fiddling around with targeting and detargeting him but i could never finish creation of a contract with him dead

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I finished the Holiday Hoarders challenges. Took me a couple hours because I decided to just figure things out on my own rather than just watch a video on how to do it. It was pretty cool. Including watching the MrFreeze2244 video (which I watched to figure out how to get the Santa suit easily after figuring out how to get it), it would take maybe half an hour to get all the challenges. The brick one was the easiest. Start in the basement, grab the bricks, and then brick the guy when he walks into that break room. Wait for the security to wake him up, repeat two more times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm very bad at figuring out what these contracts want from me but very good at shooting with wild abandon so I'm now the proud owner of, uh, measuring tape

Aug 24, 2011

i looked at a text guide for holiday hoarder locations and santa route rather than watch a video, takes about 30 minutes all up

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Do Featured Contracts rotate out when they add new ones? Just wondering if I should try to do all 7 before the next batch get added.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Man holiday hoarders was way easier two years ago (holy poo poo have I really been playing this game that long) when I had been playing Paris for hours and hours unlocking all the mastery.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Still on my first playthrough of Hitmantm 1 (although i did some extra Paris runs waiting for download to finish). Silent Assassin on all except Marrakesh so far, where I stumbled into having both targets in front of the APC and couldn't resist the shiny red button.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Wait, should I be playing these missions in Hitman 2 instead? Will it still allow me to do my hacky fix for potato-friendly gaming?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wait, should I be playing these missions in Hitman 2 instead? Will it still allow me to do my hacky fix for potato-friendly gaming?

I don't know about that, but you're wasting your time by playing the game in Hitman 1. Playing in Hitman 2 allows you to use your unlocks in the hitman 2 missions.

Aug 24, 2011

thumbs.dat intro skip, dump it in your retail folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSVyKt4OExopWAQ1a2CDKVxSwh_mFyme

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

bleh I got all the items and got the santa suit and was waiting in the basement for the dudes to meet up and one of them spotted me trespassing so I had to knock him out. left his body by the tree and blew up the propane tank when the other guy was checking on him. gave me the 12 items challenge and the santa suit accident challenge but didn't count for the propane combo kill one. so presumably I have to do the 12 items over again anyway

I think you just have to let them look at their tarp like ":(" and then blow them up. I had the same thing happen, but they noticed me after being sad at their empty haul and it worked out.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 19, 2018

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Midnight Voyager posted:

I think you just have to let them look at their tarp like ":(" and then blow them up. I had the same thing happen, but they noticed me after being sad at their empty haul.

Yeah I got it despite loving it up by breaking their pathing by wandering into the basement room at the end and putting them in lockdown, leaving them to idle around the basement instead of moving to the intended kill area. knocked them both out, took a detour to find santa, and brought the propane to them instead. 3 cheevs in 1 run. Now to find where they've hidden the bricks

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
For 2 days in a row, I have the same run destroyed by a disconnect. The connection to everything else is stable. Then I try to save and it goes offline and then it hangs forever.

Screw that always online bullshit, this is the worst type of not-DRM. And screw those who defend it saying that the company that forcefully rapes us with that dumb policy with zero benefit to consumer is still good because at least they apply some lubricant.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^^
Calm down

So, question about Mumbai: How do I call Vanya or Dawood as the Kashmirian to report on a hit? Does it have to do with the colored smoke that I haven't used yet?

Also I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 54 HOURS AND I AM STILL FARTING AROUND IN MUMBAI :suicide:

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Unlucky7 posted:

So, question about Mumbai: How do I call Vanya or Dawood as the Kashmirian to report on a hit? Does it have to do with the colored smoke that I haven't used yet?
You use a payphone on the streets, there are several yellow phones around.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pyromancer posted:

You use a payphone on the streets, there are several yellow phones around.

I try to approach one but it does not give the prompt to do that.

I already eliminated the Maelstrom, if that matters. Though at this point it could just be weirdness in the event flagging.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Unlucky7 posted:

If you kill one of them, you can call the other. First go into the Kashmirian's apartment and investigate his laptop. I think that's all it takes to be able to make a phone call from any street phone. If you kill both he'll call The Maelstrom (not sure if you can call him yourself).

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

qbert posted:

If you kill one of them, you can call the other. First go into the Kashmirian's apartment and investigate his laptop. I think that's all it takes to be able to make a phone call from any street phone. If you kill both he'll call The Maelstrom (not sure if you can call him yourself).

I already said, I have Dawood and the Maelstrom killed, and I looked at the laptop, but the prompt isn't showing up on the phone(s).

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Unlucky7 posted:

I already said, I have Dawood and the Maelstrom killed, and I looked at the laptop, but the prompt isn't showing up on the phone(s).

You need a coin to use the payphone

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pennfalath posted:

You need a coin to use the payphone

I have three coins.

At this point, I think that something just went wrong with the event flagging. I may just end up restarting the current run on the level. It's annoying but no big deal.

EDIT: Where is the best place to file a bug report?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 19, 2018

Aug 24, 2011

just did the swan dive achievement on sgail, how the hell did anybody work out that you have to talk to the butler dressed as blake then lead him to the kitchen freezer before jumping off the cliff at the effigy?

Unlucky7 posted:

i think you need maelstrom alive because whoever you call will in turn call the maelstrom, setting up one of two kill opportunities

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Unlucky7 posted:

I already eliminated the Maelstrom, if that matters. Though at this point it could just be weirdness in the event flagging.

It does, if Maelstrom is out it won't work, as you said the prompt to use phone won't appear, because that call triggers meeting of whoever is left with Maelstrom

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 19, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

If you wait long enough for the two thieves to return empty-handed, they will go outside and stand next to a fountain that already has two propane tanks in it. You can blow those up no problem.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is there a name for runs where you just make the target disappear without anyone noticing? I know they count as SA runs but you can get SA even if you kill targets publicly with poison or an accident. I find it funny when bodyguards wander around looking for their employer "Mr Caruso? Where are you? Please say you're ok"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

If you wait long enough for the two thieves to return empty-handed, they will go outside and stand next to a fountain that already has two propane tanks in it. You can blow those up no problem.

iirc they arrive there at precisely 15 minutes after starting the mission. So weaken the propane tanks, grab a cup of coffee, read the news/a book, and trigger the explosion.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

double nine posted:

iirc they arrive there at precisely 15 minutes after starting the mission. So weaken the propane tanks, grab a cup of coffee, read the news/a book, and trigger the explosion.

No, to trigger the cheevo they have to return empty handed. So steal the items and then weaken the tanks/get a book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Unlucky7 posted:

Did you use the Kashmirian's USB on his laptop to find out about the hits? You may need to do that to be aware of the contracts and call them in.

where the red fern gropes posted:

just did the swan dive achievement on sgail, how the hell did anybody work out that you have to talk to the butler dressed as blake then lead him to the kitchen freezer before jumping off the cliff at the effigy?
It's a Tomb Raider reference, apparently. Beyond that, hell if I know.