Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a way to send forces to China to help the ruling dynasty? My Zoroastrian game is at a lull due to an annoying period of calm and the emperor, my bro, is in the middle of a civil war. Be nice to send my mercenary company over to help him out even if the scales involved would make 3000 dudes more of a token gesture than anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Agean90 posted:

Is there a way to send forces to China to help the ruling dynasty? My Zoroastrian game is at a lull due to an annoying period of calm and the emperor, my bro, is in the middle of a civil war. Be nice to send my mercenary company over to help him out even if the scales involved would make 3000 dudes more of a token gesture than anything

There is usually the option to send over commanders if China is facing civil war or invasion. There may also be an option to send forces through the diplomacy window but I don't remember for sure. I do know I sent supplies during a period of plague but I don't remember if you can do the same during war.

Otherwise, no I don't think there is a way to do so.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wait there is, I'm just really bad at navigating the china screen, which also took me 2 hours to find lmao

Edit: double wait, that only applies to plagues. I'll need to pay attention to China more

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 18, 2018

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

prussian advisor posted:

Another thing I’m wondering about is if you have any tips on maximizing crusade contribution? Despite being a little stronger than the HRE and fully committing to the Byzantine crusade, the HRE edged me out on contribution to a fairly significant extent. I think the problem may have been that I focused more on sieging down Constantinople rather than getting into pitches battles with the Greeks...it was tough moving big stacks around Thrace during the Crusade without subjecting them to significant attrition losses, and I always feel like a massive idiot whenever I have troops due to attrition. The HRE has no such compunctions and would regularly have droves of men die to starvation in the mountains and throw them into battle against impossible odds, where they would be slaughtered but I would mop up the remaining weakened Greeks myself.

Get there early and siege down what you can before the Muslims can assemble their doomstacks. If you see the opportunity to pick off a smaller army go for it, but don't fight anything you're not 100% sure you can win. If you get caught, retreat out of the battle instead of fighting to the death and hang out on your ships until the doomstack wanders off. Once the rest of the Crusaders arrive, tag along with the largest stack you can find -- don't literally chain yourself to it, but stay in the province next door and jump in whenever they're about to enter a battle or if they're seiging a county. You'll get partial credit for every victory, which combined with your early blitz can really add up.

I agree that your mistake during the Byzantine crusade was focusing on Constantinople specifically -- thanks to the Theodosian Walls it's the hardest county in the entire game to siege down, and the capitol bonus doesn't outweigh the time or effort. You probably would have been better off seiging a bunch of weaker holdings in Thrace.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Also if you were entering battles that the HRE started to pounce on Byzantine armies with low morsle, but the HRE hadn't retreat yet then they get all the crusade contribution from that battle

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
If you're the largest catholic nation like he said he is once the first big counter attack from the Muslims is dealt with split your guys up into a bunch of little stacks and blanket siege as much as you can while the AI walks around aimlessly with their big stacks. You don't get any contribution for helping with a siege, only leading one. In fact you can use that to your advantage and blitz the walls down when AI armies are on top of one of your smaller siege stacks. A single big battle will give you more contribution than a single siege, yeah, but lots of sieges add up and are more reliable than trying to chase Muslim armies around.

edit: Oh and you can also invite commanders who have the siege leader trait to your court to speed this up. The Chinese siege engineers are even better.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 19, 2018

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

OK, this may seem like a silly question, but here we go. I've recently gotten back into the game after a several year Hiatus, and there is one issue I have had now at least twice.

Based in France, I commit to the Crusades, and fully commit. I pledge my troops, donate some money to the cause, name by beneficiary, etc. The day comes and I raise my troops with everyone else, and start marching to the holy land as fast as my soldiers can go. I am landlocked, and cant afford all the merc ships I would need to Express pass my way there. But right around the time I'm just about to get to the Holy Land, like 2 or 3 counties away, the pope gets pissed at me for not showing up yet, and I lose 200 Piety and he is -20 at me for like a decade.

Is there some trick I'm missing?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Raise your troops and start marching early, so that they arrive around the time of the actual call. You're joining a war, not starting it, so it's fine to have levies raised.

Buschmaki posted:

Also if you were entering battles that the HRE started to pounce on Byzantine armies with low morsle, but the HRE hadn't retreat yet then they get all the crusade contribution from that battle

You know I don't think that's true. Crusade contribution definitely increases each day of battle, rather than in a single chunk at the end, and I believe I've specifically seen it handed out when I joined a battle someone else started.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 19, 2018

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'm giggling, this guy's a literal and figurative bear, with the nickname "the Moaner."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn, the Fellowship of Hel is way too much fun. Minus all the demon hunters and crap constantly trying to kill me, that is. I had to stab myself in the leg and sacrifice my own daughter, at one point!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

Goddamn, the Fellowship of Hel is way too much fun. Minus all the demon hunters and crap constantly trying to kill me, that is. I had to stab myself in the leg and sacrifice my own daughter, at one point!

I think this event is related to the satanic impregnation decision. It'll keep happening every time you try to create a spawn of satan so you might as well face the demon hunter and hope for the best.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Can't stop won't stop. Prestige would be a hell of a lot higher if the bloodline of Alexander opportunity hadn't shown up, which honestly at this point is just overkill.

Turns out when you're a literal superhuman you can fairly confidently take on doomstacks twice your size and utterly crush them. Wish my commanders would stop Secret Servicing their way into my duels -- even the Carolingian bloodline-spawned great warriors can't cut fools down with half the ease that I can. Kept spamming the "Search for a Smith" decision until I could snag the Angelic Guardian and Dragonseeker -- it's not like money is a issue right now

Rest of the world isn't quite as pumped as I am about conquering the entire Middle East though. Next stop, India

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 19, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

How'd you get your martial so high

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

How'd you get your martial so high

I think he has something like 16 base before any traits or modifiers. After that, Genius, Brilliant Strategist, artifacts, and the Child of Destiny modifiers form the bulk of it, with some extra bonuses from traits like ambitious, brave, diligent, etc. Some of it comes from the Orders of Chivalry mod -- the orange trait with the four dots next to the "crowned by Pope" trait, for example, is for being a fully-trained squire as a kid, which bumps up your Martial at the expense of some of your other stats.

vvv Yep, Outremer Knight retinue. Half camels, half heavy cavalry, with damage and morale bonuses for each. Expensive as poo poo but once you control four or five Silk Road trade posts that doesn't really matter too much

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 19, 2018

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It helps that he has a crapton of heavy cavalry.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
My Stressed, Leper King lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.
Still, once the Elders started dicking around with their choice of heir, it was time to go Duel some rivals. It still took until the second Serious Injury for him to actually die, mind you.
I did manage to get my first choice heir, which was good:

I look forward to finding out how the game's gonna screw him over.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

kingturnip posted:

My Stressed, Leper King lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.
Still, once the Elders started dicking around with their choice of heir, it was time to go Duel some rivals. It still took until the second Serious Injury for him to actually die, mind you.
I did manage to get my first choice heir, which was good:

I look forward to finding out how the game's gonna screw him over.

Dead by severe stress by 15.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Gets syphilis at 16, goes insane, becomes incapable, lives to be 90 anyway.

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010
Is there some kind of bug with absolute cognatic primogeniture where the game just decides eventually that, no, women won't inherit after all, and starts treating it just like agnatic, forcing males to inherit?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any idea when CK2+ might be ready?

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Any idea when CK2+ might be ready?

Given the scope of changes in the Holy Fury, and how much of new features implements CK2+ additions in a different way (duel engine, crusades, sainthood, etc.) - probably a lot of time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this the last DLC? :ohdearsass:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

yeah dead game rip

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Randaconda posted:

Is this the last DLC? :ohdearsass:

They've been pretty silent since release, but a few expansions ago they detailed how many they had had left and by that count yeah, this is the last one. Good note to go out on, though.

If they've got one more tiny one left in them though, I'd love a graphical artifacts pack. There's so much potential for different crowns and outfits and helmets now that the 3.0 update shows them on your character, it would be totally rad to actually pick out which Crown of Majesty or whatever you want.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Various Meat Products posted:

yeah dead game rip

And Wiz has been pulled away from Stellaris to work on a mysterious new project. Coincidence? I think not!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ninjahedgehog posted:

They've been pretty silent since release, but a few expansions ago they detailed how many they had had left and by that count yeah, this is the last one. Good note to go out on, though.

If they've got one more tiny one left in them though, I'd love a graphical artifacts pack. There's so much potential for different crowns and outfits and helmets now that the 3.0 update shows them on your character, it would be totally rad to actually pick out which Crown of Majesty or whatever you want.

I'd like one more fantasy one in the style of the Aztec one where they wander off to the New World, but that's probably too much work.

A new world in the style of the Aztecs, though, that could stand up to the Europeans and their plagues.

(and so I can feast on nerd tears)

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 21, 2018

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Azhais posted:

And Wiz has been pulled away from Stellaris to work on a mysterious new project. Coincidence? I think not!

Yeah they posted on twitter today that they're starting work on a Sunset Invasion spinoff

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The next dev diary will admit that there's no more DLCs, but also patch in a scenario where you play a postapocalyptic America.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

Almost certainly a Victoria 3 Innkeeper Game where you make strategic decisions to create and consolidate the pubs of London, balancing appeals to all the various pops and beer recipes and frequently confronted by challenges like having to divert recruitin' sergeants from recruiting your best customers and sending them to Crimea.

He who controls the copies of Punch and the bottles of Sherry controls the world.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Omnicarus posted:

Almost certainly a Victoria 3 Innkeeper Game where you make strategic decisions to create and consolidate the pubs of London, balancing appeals to all the various pops and beer recipes and frequently confronted by challenges like having to divert recruitin' sergeants from recruiting your best customers and sending them to Crimea.

He who controls the copies of Punch and the bottles of Sherry controls the world.

I would play the hell out of this tbh

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hey, I took the opportunity to buy the expansions I've been missing during the sale, and I have a bit of a minor question. I made a special character and while in character creation, she has culture specific title. But once I get into the game, she's just called duchess. Other people of her culture have a specific title too though, is this a bug? Or any way to get her her culture specific title?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Eimi posted:

Hey, I took the opportunity to buy the expansions I've been missing during the sale, and I have a bit of a minor question. I made a special character and while in character creation, she has culture specific title. But once I get into the game, she's just called duchess. Other people of her culture have a specific title too though, is this a bug? Or any way to get her her culture specific title?

Is your liege of your culture too? All of a lieges vassals use the lieges culture for title names, iirc.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Is your liege of your culture too? All of a lieges vassals use the lieges culture for title names, iirc.

Yeah I'm playing a Greek to try and do a restore Hellenism run. It's very odd.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 21, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Eimi posted:

Yeah I'm playing a Greek to try and do a restore Hellenism run. It's very odd.

I'm actually not sure if the female form of doux is not duchess. I can't remember ever encountering something like that. If you had a viceroyalty, it would be Strategos/Strategitissa, and Exarch/Exarchessa. But I think female Greek duke-rank characters are still just duchesses.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SlothfulCobra posted:

The next dev diary will admit that there's no more DLCs, but also patch in a scenario where you play a postapocalyptic America.

Well they have just hired ofaloaf

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Torrannor posted:

I'm actually not sure if the female form of doux is not duchess. I can't remember ever encountering something like that. If you had a viceroyalty, it would be Strategos/Strategitissa, and Exarch/Exarchessa. But I think female Greek duke-rank characters are still just duchesses.

Yeah it's only that for the viceroyalty not the actual duchy. But hey, I've managed to become queen of Greece, leaving me the strongest vassal in the Empire. Though I think I've messed up with the Hellenics. There were only like two people in it and I died suddenly in battle, so while I could convert to Hellenism on the stubborn zealous son I had, now he can't join the Hellenic society because I don't think anyone is IN it right now. Been wanting to get in the society for like 10 years. So I might have to do it in a brute force way.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 21, 2018

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Rumda posted:

Well they have just hired ofaloaf

Wait, really? That’s neat.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Another year, another failed attempt to play from CK2 769 start to EU4 1821 end. By 1204 I was over it. The converter was a failed investment.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Huh. Does anyone have any idea what this portents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's a featured interesting ruler to play, nothing special particularly (or wasn't last time).