Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CJacobs posted:

God I hate goon hyperbole so much lol

:agreed:

Post more favorite moments instead of digging further into the wound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Please don't start this poo poo again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Paige is just a centrist dope, I don't know why people put their energy into shouting at her.

I think it's exactly because she could be better. I'unno, I soured up on Paige a lot recently, I don't even want her to be Woke As gently caress or whatever, but her instant reaction to being told that she was guesting on a scumbag's podcast was to yell at the other people was bleh.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

I think it's exactly because she could be better. I'unno, I soured up on Paige a lot recently, I don't even want her to be Woke As gently caress or whatever, but her instant reaction to being told that she was guesting on a scumbag's podcast was to yell at the other people was bleh.

I'm going to start donating to her stream to send her Marx and Kropotkin quotes.

edit: to change topic since it is pretty tired, I vote we start calling the 4 boys collectively as the Former Best Friends Syndicate.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 18, 2018

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Sair posted:

If you only watch one watch Dong Dong Never Die.

It's like an epic fever dream.

Lor posted:

Man, thank you guys for reminding me just how many awesome LPs there are, I'm making a list of my favourites to go back and watch again. Very partially complete & ongoing:

Eternal Darkness
Parasite Eve (+2)
Super Mario Bros RPG
Metroid Fusion
Omikron (Just finished rewatching this entirely about a week ago, but it's the kind of thing I'll be coming back to time and again).
Mario Party 9 Brawl
Deadly Premonition
The Last of Us
Man Vs Wild

Adding to my list too, also note that there's a Detroit Second Gig, so there's two of those and Ride to Hell Retribution is one of the best train wrecks I couldn't look away from, I love finding various other LPs of that just to watch the first nonsensical bit at the very least.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sair posted:

If you only watch one watch Dong Dong Never Die.

It's still bullshit that this was a scrublords. What a fantastic game.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Please post more about the political affiliation of the super best friends and their immediate associates

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really loving adored saltybet. That broken as gently caress jank is soooooo my poo poo

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

beep by grandpa posted:

I really loving adored saltybet. That broken as gently caress jank is soooooo my poo poo

Good news, saltybet continues and makes for great late night, early morning viewing!

To be fair, the SBF crew commenting made it a ton of fun.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

beep by grandpa posted:

SaltyBet was cash money. I could easily watched a whole series of them putting money down.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Saltybet outlived SBFP

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie's finest moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxbO_NjNCUo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Saltybet is still cool to watch for a bit every now and then. I remember when it had just started and people were going wild over that poo poo. Stuff like that and Twitch Plays Pokmon were real cool explorations of emergent narrative, but you can never capture that first "what the gently caress am I watching" moment again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

I literally had somebody in this thread call me a Nazi like 2 weeks ago because I said it was ridiculous that everybody was calling Paige a Nazi.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's funny how people took "hey Paige broing down with a nazi is a bad look. Wait why the hell are you doubling down dumbass?" and turned it into "PAIGE IS A SUPER NAZI LITERALLY HITLER"

Yeah a couple people theorized on some political poo poo being part of the fallout and a way more plausible reality is out now so now we need to go back and grind axes that Paige stanned for a nazi. Christ people everyone take your L's and shut up.

Back up your claims with quotes

hoobajoo posted:

Paige is just a centrist dope, I don't know why people put their energy into shouting at her.

Better to verify if someone's just being a dumb 'opinions can't be wrong' moron or a Galaxy Brained Boogie2988 dipshit. No one'll learn anything if you don't explain it to them like a child learning not to touch the inside of the oven.

Top Ten Liam moments, go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CstQKv4JAuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9LJCcyqtQ

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Touching Pat's TV

I don't have a link handy though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU&hd=1

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Basically this entire LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6njv5Fizg

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Behold Liam breaking Pat's mouse.

https://youtu.be/pv2lpUzbiLE?t=1740

Don't actually watch the start of that video, that loving alarm segment is the most annoying thing imaginable.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

didn't liam smash pat's mouse at one point because he got super scared

That moment is good

E: Speak of the devil lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does this mean the final episodes of the pokemon nuzloch is forever gone?

RareAcumen posted:

Back up your claims with quotes

You've made the claim that pages of the thread are dedicated to this and that everyone says Paige is a nazi. Get to work cataloging all the posts about the matter.

The internet would make Swift regret learning to write.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Andrast posted:

Touching Pat's TV

I don't have a link handy though.
haha

https://youtu.be/JpWwbcnVOQk?t=1151

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Liam hiding Andross and Falco throughout an entire LP is some real Big Dick Energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfSEYWoXQ4&t=455s

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You've made the claim that pages of the thread are dedicated to this and that everyone says Paige is a nazi. Get to work cataloging all the posts about the matter.

The internet would make Swift regret learning to write.

Huh. Really? When'd I say that? You seem to remember me making those but I don't since I frequently misspost everywhere. Any chance you could quote them?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Thanks for all the links to the good stuff to help remember the good times, it feels like for months the podcast energy from the guys (well, mostly Matt) has been pretty low and I can't even remember the last LP I actually watched / enjoyed, probably Detroit. Wish it didn't have to end this way but if the friendship is that bad it's probably for the best. Hopefully they can move on and find a way to continue doing what they love somehow. Gonna have to go back and rewatch some of the older David Cage stuff when I get time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Liam's streams are super chill and fun and I like hanging out in them but *man* I forgot how good he is when he has someone to bounce off. Dude has some really really sharp wit to his name.

Knowing about him and Pat never being that close of friends also makes some of the stuff even more shocking cause boy those two worked really well together.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how David Cage feels about all this... He must have been a huge fan, he kept making games just for them.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Liam's streams are super chill and fun and I like hanging out in them but *man* I forgot how good he is when he has someone to bounce off. Dude has some really really sharp wit to his name.

Knowing about him and Pat never being that close of friends also makes some of the stuff even more shocking cause boy those two worked really well together.

Yeah I tried to watch his Smash stream but he's just kinda... flat solo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i just don't tend to like watching the games he ends up playing on his own. every now and then it'll sync up with something i'm interested in and i'll have a good time watching.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really find solo streamers to be boring. It's tough to be funny or interesting when you have no one to bounce off of.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gonna let out something i've been holding back for three (five? four?) years now...

The Wonderful 101 video was half a disservice to that game, and it should have been Liam and Matt handling the first part or just all Pat and Woolie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bye trumpet player I don't know. Now I understand why your music is so sad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Monaghan posted:

I really find solo streamers to be boring. It's tough to be funny or interesting when you have no one to bounce off of.

Same, for the most part. Sometimes Pat's solo streams are good, but other solo folks are just bland.

Suppose I should go check out the Nier LP with Woolie and Liam now, also the Bloodborne one cause fuckin hell I bounced off that hard. And by bounced off I mean I got slapped by werewolves so hard I clipped into world geometry and got stuck :haw:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really enjoy Liam's solo streams and it seems like he has a lot more fun not having to be "on" all the time and just sitting and playing a game and occasionally dipping into bizarre nerd tangents with the chat. The deadpan one liners are still there but he seems to mainly let games speak for themselves. He's also still far and away the best of these dudes at actually playing games, and it's great to see stuff like the chat lose their minds at him beating World of Light fights that drive everyone else up the wall with ease.

I watched a lot - a looot - of Pat's solo streams but his commentary is mostly just "Really dude?" or sarcastically talking about how tough something is as he just facerolls it because he's powerleveled, or arguing with Paige (and that last bit has really lost its luster now). It's good to see him react to cool stuff but bad any time he's struggling with something because he's completely oblivious to an important factor.

Matt's streams are like mostly him being drunk and I'm not a fan of drunk people but I think all of his pre-recorded edited stuff and Matt's Nightmares and etc are dope.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 19, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Solo streams can be decent if the streamer is good at chat interaction or is just pretty good at whichever game they're playing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The thing I enjoy the most about Liam's streams is that he doesn't really get mad at games when he'd not winning. He just rolls with it and adapts.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

I watched a lot - a looot - of Pat's solo streams but his commentary is mostly just "Really dude?" or sarcastically talking about how tough something is as he just facerolls it because he's powerleveled, or arguing with Paige (and that last bit has really lost its luster now). It's good to see him react to cool stuff but bad any time he's struggling with something because he's completely oblivious to an important factor.

Yeah, I tried watching his solo stream ages ago and it was nothing but him thanking people for donations or occasionally saying "bitchhhhh" as he walked over enemies in some grind game. I don't really care for the streams he does with Paige but I have no idea why anyone would watch them otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, my mind's going off the deep end for a minute and I'm picturing highlights of what would have been this week's podcast

-Matt and Woolie talk about how Spider-verse is amazing, though Matt mumbles a complaint.
-Pat brags about getting all the Smash characters unlocked before the patch.
-Matt and Pat dunk on Kage for five minutes straight while Woolie tries to defend him with a couple sentence.
-More DMCV talk, maybe there's a guest that doesn't really care for it.
-Pat and Woolie discuss the Epic store and it giving Subnautica for free, though it's mostly Pat having a monologue and Woolie interjecting with his more developer-oriented takes.
-Woolie, Matt and Pat have a trip with the North Carolina leak story. Pat almost goes on an inane ramble like with Smash, but it being the Xbone version stops him.
-They all go over the Grand Blue Fantasy footage because Arc Systems for the fighting game and Platinum Games for the adventure game.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Roth posted:

The thing I enjoy the most about Liam's streams is that he doesn't really get mad at games when he'd not winning. He just rolls with it and adapts.

Right, I always appreciate this, especially when streamers really put on and exaggerate being frustrated. Liam is just the zen master of video games.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU

e: oh, it was already posted

still good though

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 19, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Liam's streams are worth it just for the Xemnas moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Liam's game streams are meh, but he's amazing when he's covering trade shows like E3. Plus, his chat is usually free of toxic dipshits freaking out whenever a woman's on-screen.