Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1075057547072233473

Ahahahahahahaha.

What a day this is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol this is extremely trumpy, it's a huge aberration because

1) Every gun control law passed up to this point has had a loophole so that you could buy your way out of it, so it didn't affect the rich. This doesn't
2) Every gun control law passed up to this point has targetted the poor and marginalized like a laser. This is something literally only chuds and larpers care about

and a big reason you're about to see some primo meltdowns:

3) you just know there's people who have been spending thousands to flip them after the ban went in because they assumed grandfathering, but nope just give them up or get prosecuted

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So here is what we will get reactions to

No shutdown
No wall
No charity
Flynn getting sentenced
No bump stocks

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Brexit just became 10 ft higher :mad:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

where is that “It’s Happening” GIF when you need it?!?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

3) you just know there's people who have been spending thousands to flip them after the ban went in because they assumed grandfathering, but nope just give them up or get prosecuted

stephen paddock introduced a whole new genre of mass shooting i guess

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

stephen paddock introduced a whole new genre of mass shooting i guess

naw that's old hat, the trend of people snapping up whatever was used in the latest mass shooting is as old as mass shootings

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Early reports are mixed among the chuds

A lot are primarily furious with the NRA

quote:

Just ask many of the wise and all knowing NRA supporters here on INGO.

This cannot happen you know. Unpossible it is! The NRA has it all under control. They got our back. They are playing 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

And even though the NRA still has a statement to this very day on their website that "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations", nothing bad will happen. But I guess when you are playing 3D chess, that makes it opposite day. So to stop gun control, you need to support gun control. Right???

Link to the quote below, please reference the 7th sentence in the paragraph.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

I would like to know how that 3D chess is working for them. Seems to me they were honest about their intentions and we will soon see the results of those intentions.

Not
Real
Activists

If these are the people who are supposed to support our 2nd amendment rights, who needs enemies?

One has a foolproof idea:

quote:

This is horse**** and needs to be fought vigorously in court. Seat Kavanaugh and run it up to SCOTUS.

But alas, it turns out the affluent rich coastal liberal enclave living Kavanaugh isn't likely to give two shits about gun rights:

quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't count on good old Brett "Warrantless Wiretapping is Constitutional" Kavanaugh to be big help when it comes to civil liberties. That alone makes him unqualified for the Supreme Court.

They're 100% correct in this btw, the Dems focusing on just one disqualifying factor and ignoring everything he did under Dubbya would be stupid if it weren't so obviously intentional

And it's starting to dawn on others that maybe Trump seriously does not loving care one whit about them or their guns or their god and it's not just 12D chess

quote:

Kinda ironic that Trump appears willing and capable of meeting the very literal promise he made on banning bumpstocks, but everything else is negotiation.

Its almost like he isn't really a full 2A supporter....

quote:

Huh. I thought Trump wasn't really trying to get this done and it was some "push it until everyone forgets it 3D chess" stuff. I know, "But Hillary..."

It's a small loss, but it's a loss none the less, and frankly it's one that's harder to fight because the person pushing it isn't "them." I wonder how much louder the outcry and how much stronger the push back would be if But Hillary was the one signing it. Worse, it's a pointless loss, and for no offsetting gain. No movement on suppressors, for example. No movement on national reciprocity.

there's a lot more too, I'm pulling these from the only chuddy gun forum I'm really familiar with https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/legislation-2nd-amendment/459508-looks-like-bumpstock-ban-about-become-real.html

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it makes me happy when gun devotees are unhappy

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol that they thought a fat NY landlord whos never held a gun for anything not a photo op in his life gives a poo poo about guns, just lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

lol that they thought a fat NY landlord whos never held a gun for anything not a photo op in his life gives a poo poo about guns, just lmao

It's not the worst of board tho, they don't just ban everybody for wrongthink, so you get fun stuff like this person who is 100% aware of the actual truth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the guy with a killdozer av is okay in my book

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

Kinda ironic that Trump appears willing and capable of meeting the very literal promise he made on banning bumpstocks, but everything else is negotiation.

Its almost like he isn't really a full 2A supporter....
As usual, they get so close to actually figuring out what's going on but refuse to make the final logical connection.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FMguru posted:

As usual, they get so close to actually figuring out what's going on but refuse to make the final logical connection.

browse the thread I linked, there's a loooooooot of that "so close!" stuff going on lol

they don't seem very pleased with the NRA tho, and they're pretty much spot on a lot of the time, that's not the usual response to this stuff

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
whats the supposed reason a responsible gun fondler would want to turn their fancy semiautomatic into a simulation of spraying an uzi from a car speeding down an unpaved road

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

whats the supposed reason a responsible gun fondler would want to turn their fancy semiautomatic into a simulation of spraying an uzi from a car speeding down an unpaved road

because they don't think there's any good reason they should be prevented from doing so

I'm a gun owner and extremely against gun control personally (though for quite different reasons than your average chud mind you), but I think they were playing with fire with this and should've seen this coming. One of the very few things our gun laws are coherent about is making things that are or act like full auto machine guns

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Why haven't they filed charges against Trump yet? All of that is illegal as poo poo. The mattering sure is taking its time.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"He's doing something so illegal even the Obama Administration refrained from doing it. That's not nothing."

Lol

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the guy with a killdozer av is okay in my book

Unironically want that av.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

The extent to which Brexiters believe they have leverage over the EU, that the EU will be desperate to make all kinds of concessions, is just the most amazing thing.

It makes Trump's promise to make Mexico pay for the wall look like sharp-eyed realpolitik by contrast.

My face when the UK thinks the US will help with literally anything

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Epic High Five posted:

they don't seem very pleased with the NRA tho, and they're pretty much spot on a lot of the time, that's not the usual response to this stuff

My first thought was that Trump was trying to give them a taste of good ol' gun-grabbing persecution that his base craves to feed their victim complex and keep them engaged, the chuds being mad at the NRA instead pleases me.

I have this theory that the one political idea that actually stuck with Trump is the idea that whoever has the guns makes the rules. Laws of the nation are enforced by our police, international interests are enforced by our military, and nukes. He wants more nukes to compete with Russia because he's a straight up Cold-War motherfucker, but he wants to cooperate with Russia too because I believe he wants to bully around the rest of the world and he needs to team up with the world's other biggest nuke holder to do it.

My point is, Donald Trump doesn't care about the 2nd amendment because he has no ideological attachment to it. He'll play it up for votes, but he'll throw it under the bus just as easily if he thinks he can "make a deal", which he thinks he did because he's stupid and think that Democrats will like him if he does dumb symbolic things.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ElGroucho posted:

Putting your faith in Donald Trump, a man known for screwing everyone who he's ever dealt with, especially if they're desperate and he has leverage, to come through with a good deal for you is excellent policy.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The hilarious thing about Brexit is, to me, the EU is still fine with it not happening and May herself was against. This is literally just leading an unwilling horse to the slaughterhouse but you are the horse and the butcher leading it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Brute Squad posted:

Unironically want that av.

Pretty sure that's an avatar promoting Israel bulldozing Palestine so you may want to rethink that.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Between this and Lucifer dropping on Netflix my day has been made.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

even in his post he's unbearable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"It's fun and it's mah rats!"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Remember when the UK felt really good about being superior to France? Guess what

France won :france:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

because they don't think there's any good reason they should be prevented from doing so

I'm a gun owner and extremely against gun control personally (though for quite different reasons than your average chud mind you), but I think they were playing with fire with this and should've seen this coming. One of the very few things our gun laws are coherent about is making things that are or act like full auto machine guns

i guess i was expecting something more if they're gunna claim it's a violation of the 2nd amendment. arguably the 2nd amendment applies less to bump stocks than actual machine guns

An insane mind posted:

The hilarious thing about Brexit is, to me, the EU is still fine with it not happening and May herself was against. This is literally just leading an unwilling horse to the slaughterhouse but you are the horse and the butcher leading it.

it would go against the spirit of this thread for them to call bracksies and avoid the consequences of their stupidity

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

arguably the 2nd amendment applies less to bump stocks than actual machine guns

nb: im not actually arguing this, i subscribe to a pure originalist interpretation of the 2nd amendment: it only applies to types of firearms available in 1789

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ElGroucho posted:

they don't. the UK politicians who want a trade deal are all Cato institute type monsters who see it explicitly as a way to kill the NHS by opening it up to US competition

the NHS is like the worlds 5th biggest employer

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Elephant Ambush posted:

Pretty sure that's an avatar promoting Israel bulldozing Palestine so you may want to rethink that.

drat then for appropriating killdozer. Marvin Heemeyer was an rear end in a top hat, but he built a helluva beast.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hell yeah Killdozer owns an

Elephant Ambush posted:

:ohno:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

(username is censored bc pic came from r/trumpgret)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

T_D is having a rough day

Bump stock ban
No wall
No shut down
Charity shut down
And this

https://mobile.twitter.com/EMPosts/status/1075105574084403200

quote:

Agreed 100%. We can't fund the wall, but we can give twice as much to foreign governments who have only made the problem worse... I'd rather see 2 walls built, one in front of the other than this redistribution of tax payer funds.
-
If anyone close to the president or close to this administration is on here browsing please we did not vote for POTUS to give aid to shithole countries instead of aiding us with the wall. It’s America First right? Not Thrid World first.
-
You're loving retarded to think this guy was the end-all solution and everything would be different. He's been caught full-stop saying "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

He just pulled funding for the wall off the table today as well for the next fuckhuge spending bill. He's literally a PLOY to make people on the right think they got "their guy" in the office. It's all a big show and he's done fuckall to help the 2nd Amendment.

Go ahead and keep thinking it's 4D chess, though.
-
No wall, no Hillary in jail and now gun control? For fucks sake, you're going to lose your supporters and get crushed in 2020 when we stay home.
-
Being a supporter doesn't mean you have to follow lockstep. Something something "eight year assault on your second amendment rights is over". I don't want this poo poo. I don't want any goddamn gun control. 2 years of full control and NOTHING happened
-
What is going on with this administration? Christ this is an embarrassing day.
-
No Shutdown. No Wall. No arrests. Banning bump stocks. Antifa still running wild in the streets. No mayor of Berkeley being held accountable. Voter fraud out the rear end with nothing done about it. Jeez.
-
Why alienate your voter base to please people who don’t give a gently caress what you do, they will never vote for you???
-
he better does not fall for them on healthcare they would love to make him the fall guy for it
-
December is almost over! SHUT IT DOWN! He got elected on 2 things, Hillary behind bars, and a wall! And he knows the main thing was and is the wall!
-
As more time passes I truly feel we are doomed. Won't be allowed to protect our country, but sure here's a few billion to waste and/or use against us. The the other side was allowed to run unchecked for too long and I don't think we can come back from that.. not by any civil means. This country will be on the front pages of other country's papers for true riots and blood when someone from the left gets elected and trys to shove their ideology down our throats and start taxing and taking things from us. Too many people kick the can or say "oh that will never happen" .. and there will be a price to pay for that lax attitude when there is someone threatening your freedoms in every way. I feel bad for having two small children under 4, hopefully this country isn't complete fubar by time they are adults.
-
STOP GIVING loving FOREIGN AID!
-
The United States pledged $5.8 billion in aid Tuesday for Mexico and Central America.... but not a penny for the The Gawdamn Wall to stop a third-world invasion. There's your foreign collusion. Americans declared independence and started a loving war in 1776 over less than this poo poo.
-
SHUT THE loving GOVERNMENT DOWN: US to give Mexico $4.5 BILLION to develop SOUTHERN Mexico!!!!!!! Not even NORTHERN or border region!!! gently caress YOU MEXICO!!!!! gently caress YOU DEMOSHIT COMMUNISTS!!!!!
-
Merry loving Christmas America. You got a big communist sickle dildo right up your rear end.
-
Dems want them here to vote them into office. Ocasio-Cortez is the epitome of this bullshit.
i do NOT pay taxes so everyone else bitching about 'economic hardship' can come here and get a free ride: WIC, housing subsidies, education, healthcare (and on and on - no hospital can deny someone w/an injury - we pay for that in taxes)
ever been to Mexico?
i have, and there's no loving way any hospitals are doing anything free like doctors consultation / surgery / any healthcare because i need it for nada.
they have to be paid, or you're on the street.
but cross the border and you get everything free now!
a wall please.
my taxes are intended for Americans that need help - not the world. that's why i donate to the Red Cross
rant over
-
SO loving STUPID

GIVE MONEY TO CORRUPT POLITICIANS

MEANWHILE WE DON’T HAVE A CENT TO BUILD THE WALL

BULL loving poo poo
-
Supporting *President* Trump had cost me friends, and even a 5 year relationship. Worth it.
-
This could be the nail in Trump 2020 coffin. Even if he has some 4d Chess stuff going on.
Unfortunately, and it makes me sick to say it, I will sacrifice bump stocks for a hundred other things going right.
-
REMEMBER, DON'T DO CHARITY WORK (in NY): New York's Attorney General is forcing the Trump Family's Trump Foundation to dissolve and disburse its funds to other charitable organizations that IT (The State) approves of... Communist much?
-
This is completely unconstitutional and I am highly upset with Trump and his administration for this. This isn't about "bumpstocks" this is about the federal government banning anything they dont like without passing any laws simply by redefining or reclassifying previous definitions and laws. Also no compensation? Highly unconstitutional!!!
-
I just dont get it. Why cant these criminals be prosecuted? Why cant they be exposed? It pisses me off

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

T_D is having a rough day

Bump stock ban
No wall
No shut down
Charity shut down
And this

https://mobile.twitter.com/EMPosts/status/1075105574084403200

I thought they were just immediately deleting any posts about the bump stock ban

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
a cartoon villain weighs in

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has weighed and measured the recent destruction that put the Dow Jones Industrial Average on track for its worst December since 1931, and he appears to have drawn his own conclusions as to the impetus.

Mnuchin during a Tuesday interview with Bloomberg News in Washington said that the effect of the financial-crisis-era Volcker rule and high-frequency trading have combined to sap liquidity in the market and insert an unprecedented measure of volatility in assets.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DeplorableChoir/status/1075006011361165312

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lime Tonics posted:

a cartoon villain weighs in

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin has weighed and measured the recent destruction that put the Dow Jones Industrial Average on track for its worst December since 1931, and he appears to have drawn his own conclusions as to the impetus.

Mnuchin during a Tuesday interview with Bloomberg News in Washington said that the effect of the financial-crisis-era Volcker rule and high-frequency trading have combined to sap liquidity in the market and insert an unprecedented measure of volatility in assets.
He's half-right (HFT is some bullshit that really needs to regulated to death with a small transactions tax)

LOL just LOL at gutting the Volcker Rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FMguru posted:

He's half-right (HFT is some bullshit that really needs to regulated to death with a small transactions tax)

LOL just LOL at gutting the Volcker Rule.

hey man banks are to big to fail, might as well double down