Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
BOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1075084489691488259?s=19

HISSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Remember, the judge has to work with the legal definition. He absolutely violated the 68 security act, but spying, coersion, and being an agent for a foreign power aren't legally treason if we aren't at war with them.

Until someone proves Turkish involvement in terror. Then forever war rules are in effect.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Arc Light posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for a Festivus miracle.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's a Festivus miracle!

Not quite the one I was hoping for, but I'll take it nonetheless.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
TUNE IN NEXT TIME, Y'ALL

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1075086454035005450?s=19

Next update: March 13th!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 18, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

boooooooooooo

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Steezo posted:

They also co authored the 90's AWB. Mostly in reaction to the Hollywood shootout. They are no ally of civil liberty.

Yeah, the NRA's obligations lie towards their base, not gun rights.

They were all for banning ARs until they exploded in popularity and even their base started owning them.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

These season 2 cliffhangers are BULLSHIT

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the question the manufacturers will have for the NRA is whether offering up stocks as a sacrificial lamb will head off a stronger push and if they think it will they will be fine with it

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's also completely bullshit regardless of the NRA's action because it's the DoJ redefining what a "machine gun" is by fiat and with no legislative action. It *should* be thrown out on those grounds, but we'll see (it won't be).

I highly fuckin' doubt it gets even a double-digit percentage compliance rate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Professor Bling posted:

It's also completely bullshit regardless of the NRA's action because it's the DoJ redefining what a "machine gun" is by fiat and with no legislative action. It *should* be thrown out on those grounds, but we'll see (it won't be).

I highly fuckin' doubt it gets even a double-digit percentage compliance rate.

i mean we should probably take a long, hard look at executive overreach all in itself but that'd require Congress to be willing to do its job again and lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Professor Bling posted:

It may be thrown out, but law interpretation is often murky and politically motivated so this is not so unique a case.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This is just edging.

When it comes. We gonna come our brains out

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sorry but bump stocks for semi-auto rifles and "Wrist braces" for AR pistols are literally just horseshit and both should be banned imo.

E: not going to take up another post with it but the only loving reason they legally are allowed at this point is gun lobby dollars from manufacturers, if politicians had the actual interests of the general public in mind they would have been banned a long time ago. See also they would have heavily restricted the sale and transfer of firearms and made it nigh impossible for them to be obtained by people who should not have them to amass loving piles of them, mainly through gun buybacks to get a portion of them off the streets. There should not be a firearm for each loving person in the US (there are somewhere between 89 and 100 firearms per 100 persons in the US), especially when they're most certainly not owned by the majority of the public.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 18, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

Sorry but bump stocks for semi-auto rifles and "Wrist braces" for AR pistols are literally just horseshit and both should be banned imo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't see Trump ever going to prison

that is all

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

that is all

I don't either. I could see Jared and Junior going to prison, I suspect Trump will never see bars, but I also suspect he's going to lose all his businesses and come out of the presidency severely curtailed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I could see Trump going to prison. To do photo ops with the guards and local law enforcement before a rally.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Duzzy Funlop posted:

that is all

If he lives through the presidency, he's turbofucked afterwards, there was enough in the evidence that came from Cohen's trial. Never mind anything that comes out in the next year. Being as the universe hates us all I'd be almost willing to put a bet on him heart attacking out of life before anyone can do it though.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Dude is pretty old and can't be in great health. Burning as many bridges as possible and being left surrounded by the worst of the grifters and a token Secret Service detail in a gradually flooding Florida villa is fine with me. I'd like to see his criminal children and younger associates go to jail, though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I want him to be homeless on skid row

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Soulex posted:

I want him to be homeless on skid row

They don't want him

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Haha we surely got Trump this time y’all!

.....guys?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haha we surely got Trump this time y’all!

.....guys?

Bear in mind, he may be an old "rich" white guy, but he isn't the establishment. They take care of their own and they loving hate him, they're exceedingly likely to gently caress him over. After all, nobody thinks he's one of them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Maybe I’m just too apathetic. I’ll celebrate the day with champagne, but this thread is just pages of “haha we got him! Y’all see this poo poo?” then nothing. It’s less angst against y’all and more against the establishment itself

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Watching the Trump stuff work through the legal system feels a bit like MH17 where from the very start it was super loving obvious that a Russian SAM shot down a civilian airliner, but to go through all the proper steps and release an official statement saying as much took years.

I guess I'm holding out hope that all the slowly grinding wheels will lead somewhere eventually.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
By getting elected President Donny got himself better than anyone else possibly could. His whole deal was never designed to survive the level of scrutiny that he's brought on himself.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hexyflexy posted:

Bear in mind, he may be an old "rich" white guy, but he isn't the establishment. They take care of their own and they loving hate him, they're exceedingly likely to gently caress him over. After all, nobody thinks he's one of them.

The best part is he knows it and it's what started this whole nightmare. Winning the 2016 presidential election is one of the greatest self-owns in postwar history.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
All he really wanted was loads of free press and instead he got the spotlight on everything he touches lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Noone ever asked him the question "What if you win?"

It's been said before but he and his staff were counting on losing to Hillary and then reaping the reward of nice book deals and speaking circuit time. He was hilariously unready and not planning for winning the election but to back down would be counter to his entire self image because WINNING.

I think one of the papers (WaPo?) said that he looked morose when he walked into the oval office and just stared out the window like he knew he'd hosed up and it was dawning on him how hosed he was.

The only problem is he is doing his level best to drag the country to hell with him.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
he is way too loving simple to understand how much he hosed up, he was probably just "morose" looking because he had to wake up early that day or he hadn't gotten to snort a huge rail of adderall yet

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

he is way too loving simple to understand how much he hosed up, he was probably just "morose" looking because he had to wake up early that day or he hadn't gotten to snort a huge rail of adderall yet

Or he realized that he actually had to do something.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mods changed my name posted:

Yeah solid point there, dude hadn't had his bump of drogas that day

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Funnily enough, that picture is really flattering compared to real life.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He probably sits around in stupid fat man suit all day long. A bathrobe would make too much sense.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Hey so was he actually right about the Jerusalem embassy thing, where he shrugged that people would bitch for a couple months, maybe a peasant or two set themselves on fire, then just accept the new normal?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well, the Israelis are still killing tons of Palestinians, and it sure didn't help things.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We just got a hint on the mystery Mueller subpoena.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1075155747355455488?s=19

Foreign-country-owned company!

Edit: that has been found in contempt with escalating fines per day that they don't comply!

https://twitter.com/MikeScarcella/status/1075150724617654272?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

We just got a hint on the mystery Mueller subpoena.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1075155747355455488?s=19

Foreign-country-owned company!

Edit: that has been found in contempt with escalating fines per day that they don't comply!

https://twitter.com/MikeScarcella/status/1075150724617654272?s=19

Rosneft, Gazprom or Saudi Aramco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
deuschbank or whatever it's called maybe