Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Steele Dossier has been pretty spot on so far, so I’ll guess Rosneft.

:pisstape:

Reminder since it happened so loving long ago, but the Trump machine was supposedly offered something like the (gigantic) brokerage fee on a 20% stake of Rosneft, the Russian oil company, in exchange for lifting sanctions. According to the Steele Dossier, at least.

iKon fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

deuschbank or whatever it's called maybe

They aren't state owned.

iKon posted:

Reminder since it happened so loving long ago, but the Trump machine was supposedly offered something like a 20% stake of Rosneft, the Russian oil company, in exchange for lifting sanctions. According to the Steele Dossier, at least.

I was listing in order of probability, Saudis would be out of left field a little but they've obviously been playing the Trumps so its absolutely within the realm of possibility.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Hot Karl Marx posted:

deuschbank or whatever it's called maybe

I was thinking the Cyprus bank that was talked about way back in connection to Russian money laundering (a year ago, I think? poo poo moves so fast now), but I think that's privately owned too.

e: also that's been shut down apparently, so no one would be fighting to hide it's paperwork.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

iKon posted:

Reminder since it happened so loving long ago, but the Trump machine was supposedly offered something like the (gigantic) brokerage fee on a 20% stake of Rosneft, the Russian oil company, in exchange for lifting sanctions. According to the Steele Dossier, at least.

Iirc Qatar was hooked into that deal as well.

Qatar also backed Kushner's 666 5th Ave building getting bailed out

There's Saudi with their hotel rooms thing, there's obv Rosneft and RT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Black sheep call, Qatar Airways. They've had an office in Trump Tower in Manhattan since 2008, and they're state owned. Could be trying to use that to cozy up to the president.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
having a lol at the myriad of possibilities of which foreign owned entity is involved in our cool and totally innocent president

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

Black sheep call, Qatar Airways. They've had an office in Trump Tower in Manhattan since 2008, and they're state owned. Could be trying to use that to cozy up to the president.

Emirates is also possible I suppose.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mods changed my name posted:

having a lol at the myriad of possibilities of which foreign owned entity is involved in our cool and totally innocent president

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I don't know how much of a documented interest the government of Russia holds in Rusal, Renova, or Columbus Nova but there's that too if they do.

There's VTB too, they were supposed to finance TT Moscow

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

On the other hand whatever they may be doing isn't working.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's like a loving scavenger hunt of which state-owned corporations have hooks in the Executive of the United States, this poo poo is great :getin:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/theophite/status/1075166482856726529?s=21

Could be this

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/traceylindeman/status/1075150716266672128

it obviously wasnt shot from a satellite but still

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat i was right and it's the Qataris

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My loving sides @ "Quantum technology"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Rosneft, Gazprom or Saudi Aramco?

My money is on Alfabank. Researchers found machines on their network communicating with the Trump organization during the campaign.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
surprise, its all of them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

My money is on Alfabank. Researchers found machines on their network communicating with the Trump organization during the campaign.

Alfabank isn't (officially) owned by the Rus government.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

surprise, its all of them

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Sorry but bump stocks for semi-auto rifles and "Wrist braces" for AR pistols are literally just horseshit and both should be banned imo.

E: not going to take up another post with it but the only loving reason they legally are allowed at this point is gun lobby dollars from manufacturers, if politicians had the actual interests of the general public in mind they would have been banned a long time ago. See also they would have heavily restricted the sale and transfer of firearms and made it nigh impossible for them to be obtained by people who should not have them to amass loving piles of them, mainly through gun buybacks to get a portion of them off the streets. There should not be a firearm for each loving person in the US (there are somewhere between 89 and 100 firearms per 100 persons in the US), especially when they're most certainly not owned by the majority of the public.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the way we're enforcing gun laws is that it's the loving ATF deciding what's what, not actually relying on a written law (except as the law gives them room to decide what's what). And any charge by the Democrats to actually get something in writing is going to be led by people who openly support gun bans and the like, so it'll be a non-starter. Actually getting reasonable gun control codified is next to impossible because neither side is interested in it.

orange juche posted:

Noone ever asked him the question "What if you win?"

It's been said before but he and his staff were counting on losing to Hillary and then reaping the reward of nice book deals and speaking circuit time. He was hilariously unready and not planning for winning the election but to back down would be counter to his entire self image because WINNING.

I think one of the papers (WaPo?) said that he looked morose when he walked into the oval office and just stared out the window like he knew he'd hosed up and it was dawning on him how hosed he was.

The only problem is he is doing his level best to drag the country to hell with him.

He's probably already forgot about all that and honestly believes its his destiny to be the biggliest bestiest president ever which he of course is and is proving it every day despite the fake news media and witch hunt.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 19, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Little late to this party, but I'm putting all my hopes in a post-White House Trump hiding away in a Russian Embassy somewhere in the EU, getting into poo poo-fights with the embassy staff about cleaning up after Junior.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

In news to make you feel like the world is not entirely poo poo

https://twitter.com/OwsWills/status/1074742485409247234

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

orange juche posted:

In news to make you feel like the world is not entirely poo poo

https://twitter.com/OwsWills/status/1074742485409247234

Gonna be a bit of a downer in 13 years when they unwrap a mint-condition hamster skeleton.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Wasn't there a gigapixel shot of SF or NYC that Sony/IBM did about 6 years ago that achieved this very same thing? It's less taking one image than it is splicing together thousands of individual captures to get that detail at that distance.

here's one of Rome with even greater detail, made 5 years ago
http://360gigapixels.com/rome/

here's a NY one where you can read the street signs
http://360gigapixels.com/nyc-skyline-photo-panorama/

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 19, 2018

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Don Dongington posted:

Little late to this party, but I'm putting all my hopes in a post-White House Trump hiding away in a Russian Embassy somewhere in the EU, getting into poo poo-fights with the embassy staff about cleaning up after Junior.

Still pulling for a truly massive, one-half-paralyzed-drooling-and-making GBS threads-himself stroke to completely shatter the Strong Daddy Trump image while his (and his children's) financial empire gets torn apart limb from limb.

I want to see him a blubbering, making GBS threads, drooling mess so broke he can't afford the medical care he needs while everyone abandons him, proving to him it really was only ever his money that bought people's praise and attention while at the same time wounding his narcissistic ego when nobody cares.

I may be just a teensy bit vindictive.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

By clicking that link you've got a Ministry of State Security remote access product on your PC :nsa:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

mods changed my name posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

By clicking that link you've got a Ministry of State Security remote access product on your PC :nsa:

I just assume I already do anyway

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
NY state senator abuses office to endanger the lives of cyclists, tells those who bring his wrongdoing to light to kill themselves on Twitter. Classy AF:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1075109126139727872

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just assume I already do anyway

Yep. Facebook!

https://twitter.com/BCAppelbaum/status/1075223086142840833

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

M_Gargantua posted:

I figured that just like the rapsheet here on SA, if you've got nothing then you're probably a boring person.

My rap sheet is clean :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

As Nero Danced posted:

I figured that just like the rapsheet here on SA, if you've got nothing then you're probably a boring person.

You can change that right now

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2011/11/15/europe-bans-airport-body-scanners-over-health-and-safety-concerns/#418f9ad72b57

Europe banning airport body scanners over health concerns

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

M_Gargantua posted:

Joke's on you, I clicked it from my Huawei phone :downs:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

8 years old fam

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol didn’t even look at that

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 19, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

As Nero Danced posted:

Let us teach you the ways of poo poo posting.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

As Nero Danced posted:

not gonna change with a boring rear end post like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

EBB posted:

not gonna change with a boring rear end post like that

Sadly I'm not clever enough to come up with something to be one of the cool kids.