Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if deku doesn't murder his classmate he clearly wasn't giving it his all and deserves to lose

I would enjoy him maiming Monoma and then having class B's obsession with beating A thrown in their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how would that throw anything in their face

if anything, they'd be more into beating 1a after one of their classmates get hospitalized by deku

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku is going to get possessed by the spirit of the original One for All wielder and then he'll just leave because he has better things to do than deal with some hero students. The next arc will be about the heroes trying to find "Deku" while he hunts down All for One's allies.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If Deku does go out of control or whatever seems like if anything that would be a good way to make Monoma the viewpoint character for a bit while he deals with whatever happens.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It occurs to me that if Monoma can copy his three non-Shinso teammates' powers at once (even if he has to switch between them to use them), he can basically recreate the attack pattern they're pulling right now all on his own - shrink items, throw them, then second impact them. Seems like that's what he's doing in his last panel, too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My opinion is that in addition to having cool powers, Monoma also has a cool costume. Do we know what his hero name is?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monoma is going to eat Deku and become the new main character

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Obviously.

Monoma will be absorbed alive. He'll be consumed slowly by OFA afterwards.

Quirk: Sarlacc!

This series does like its Star Wars, I guess.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

My opinion is that in addition to having cool powers, Monoma also has a cool costume. Do we know what his hero name is?

Phantom Thief

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Phantom Thief

I never saw it coming.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Red Shirt

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i kinda don't like the introduction of some OfA mystery into the story so far -_-

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

LostRook posted:

I dunno. OfA definitely has serious crazy eyes in the dream, so I don't think it's out of the question that OfA is a villain as well. Somehow.

OfA is at worst going to be a well intentioned extremist, given his viewpoint is from a time when AfO was all but dominant in the world and OfA's only course of action was to find a successor for his power.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

tbp posted:

i kinda don't like the introduction of some OfA mystery into the story so far -_-

I'm in agreement with you there.

Wonder if it's original OfA and the other ghosts reacting badly to Monoma and overcharging his finger flick because he has a similar power to AfO. That could be interesting provided they are given more opportunities to converse and come to some sort of arrangement in the mind space. Just worried cause the lightning being black, looking similar to AfO's power, and his making that comment about his little brother seems more ominous then just that.

Edit - Alternatively, could that be Twin Impacts power causing the back lash? A 20% OfA finger flick being multiplied several times as an additional impact on Deku's forearm musculature could cause the sort of damage seem in that last frame I would imagine.

Rouncer fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 18, 2018

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Deku: Oh, no! My quirk has become sentient and sometimes overrides what I want to do!
Tokoyami: [deadpan] That must be irritating.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Conot posted:

OfA is at worst going to be a well intentioned extremist, given his viewpoint is from a time when AfO was all but dominant in the world and OfA's only course of action was to find a successor for his power.

Yeah, I could see a scenario where OfA believes that the best way to save to world is to take over Deku's body and use it to take down AfO once and for all. Maybe even attempt to break into Tartarus so he can kill AfO himself. Like, not evil, just a very warped sense of what it means to be a hero based on the life he lived.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

Yeah. Obviously not every element of a story needs to conform to my wishes, but I seriously don't care at all about OfA aside from the very basic "it gives you the strength of all prior users and can be passed down".

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
One for All is the traitor.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

tbp posted:

Rouncer posted:

I'm in agreement with you there.

Countblanc posted:

Yeah. Obviously not every element of a story needs to conform to my wishes, but I seriously don't care at all about OfA aside from the very basic "it gives you the strength of all prior users and can be passed down".

This is kind of an odd complaint, given that there's been a big One for All mystery in the story for nearly four years now, since Deku beat Shinso back in the sports festival, and something that's been important periodically since. Even the quirk going haywire on its own isn't new, given that Deku exploding his room happened seventeen chapters ago, or this morning in-story. Or. if we're counting it acting on its own at all, it freeing him from Shinso back when this subplot started.

Not to say anyone has to like it, just that there's nothing really new here except a possible connection to AFO, and that the mystery of OFA has been a major secondary plot for about 85% of the comic's run now, chapter-wise.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

This is kind of an odd complaint, given that there's been a big One for All mystery in the story for nearly four years now, since Deku beat Shinso back in the sports festival, and something that's been important periodically since. Even the quirk going haywire on its own isn't new, given that Deku exploding his room happened seventeen chapters ago, or this morning in-story. Or. if we're counting it acting on its own at all, it freeing him from Shinso back when this subplot started.

Not to say anyone has to like it, just that there's nothing really new here except a possible connection to AFO, and that the mystery of OFA has been a major secondary plot for about 85% of the comic's run now, chapter-wise.

I don't think we mind the mysteries when they stay in the dark. It's OfA taking over his body when he is awake that I don't want to see happen. Internal ghosts helping him with something "right" that he wants to accomplish is one thing. Them taking over Deku's arm and unleashing more power then he can handle to attack another student during a training exercise is another.

Whatever the case Horikoshi definitely upped the ante going into next week with that level of a cliffhanger.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's not new but I never liked it, and it's happening now so it's relevant. I hope you enjoyed my post, thank you.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm the opposite where I've been waiting to find out what the deal is with those OfA ghosts since the Sports Festival, so I'm super excited to see what happens next.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I'm pretty curious about that stuff

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I mean, until they starting raising further questions in the story arc, it felt pretty well explained. The power is stockpiled across successors so there was a little bit of them left in there. That did not leave me feeling like there was anything deeper to explore.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I find Deku, All Might, and their story more interesting than anything going on with barely-relevant Class B jobbers, so yeah.

I didn't find the previous explanation of OFA/AFO lacking, but I think All Might is probably an unreliable source, even if he isn't aware of such, and I definitely find that interesting. There's evidently plenty of stuff he's unaware of, both regarding the quirk itself and the previous holders.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh jay posted:

I mean, until they starting raising further questions in the story arc, it felt pretty well explained. The power is stockpiled across successors so there was a little bit of them left in there. That did not leave me feeling like there was anything deeper to explore.

eh it seemed really obvious to me the story would come back around to that. you don't just bring something like force ghosts breaking shinso's mind control into play and then drop it forever. this was all set up and we even have shinso back just as it comes back

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I've been around the anime block enough times to know that one time power-ups that are never mentioned again are totally a thing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought it was made pretty clear that All Might wasn't telling Deku the full story back during the sports festival, between his behavior and internal monologue. The comic was pretty heavily hinting that there was more going on, and it was just a matter of when we'd get to see it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo nothing has actually happened yet guys you're getting angry at your own speculation.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Elfgames posted:

holy poo poo nothing has actually happened yet guys you're getting angry at your own speculation.

"There's more backstory to the main characters really unusual quirk? This sucks and is 100% unexpected."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The fourth season is confirmed for October of the coming year.

This is very good since it gives a lot of production time. Also something else has its timeslots the first half of the year- I guess they're gonna reair the whole series as a lead in so that'll help cut down on flashbacks/recap episode stuff.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The fourth season is confirmed for October of the coming year.

This is very good since it gives a lot of production time. Also something else has its timeslots the first half of the year- I guess they're gonna reair the whole series as a lead in so that'll help cut down on flashbacks/recap episode stuff.

But without the namecards how will I remember who this lovely blonde kid is and what his quirk that makes explosions is called?!

Niche anime like this can't expect me to remember someone so unimportant

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Elfgames posted:

...that's the definition of this thread though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gmq posted:

...that's the definition of this thread though.

I'm very chill, always, all the time, forevermore. You know me, man.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Quoting myself from elsewhere, but:

Rereading the provisional license exam and haha my god Ochako's the traitor.

If it's a student, it's Ochako and that scene during the rescue half of the exam is absolutely setting it up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What, why?

I honestly didn't hear this one before, so you have to elaborate.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

What, why?

I honestly didn't hear this one before, so you have to elaborate.

The whole putting her feelings for Deku aside scene. It makes sense in the context of 'hey, not during the exam', but it's definitely a little too dramatic. And it was implied to be about putting them aside for longer than the exam, which makes no sense whatsoever. Unless there's a specific thing her affection for him would get in the way of. Theoretically she's talking about her becoming a hero, but a high school crush/boyfriend doesn't derail your future. And given she's in it for the paycheck, and not to be a sort of symbol, it could even be beneficial to have that kind of connection or someone to split the cost of an Agency with.

Add in Camie/Toga's whole "you've got a lot of trust placed in you" aside she had for Uraraka and my god does that make for some heavy foreshadowing.

Edit: This one isn't from me, but someone replying to my posting that observation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That's a ridiculous idea that... kind of makes sense.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

That's a ridiculous idea that... kind of makes sense.

The best part is that every potential clue here is something only we as readers are privy to, or at least have the whole context for. So if it happened, the faculty not figuring it out wouldn't just be them holding the idiot ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, poo poo. And her being so dedicated to helping her parents sets up a really good potential motivation that wouldn't make her unsympathetic. The villains very well could have her parents in "protective custody", or maybe they don't even know their lives are being threatened.