Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Where's the D-Kong tech though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

music is a little fruity but it's a nice comp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Other than the Bob Part I think the coolest KO in there was the combo kill by myco and b_d on Kirby's Gameboy Stage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

music is a little fruity but it's a nice comp

That song is the Title Theme from Street Fighter IV Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

You should signal boost that Comp.

idk if other people would understand the Lore

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Made some content today based on last night's tourney. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cKUM1Crcuo

Sorry if I missed anything big.

lmao this rules

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm glad we all agree now: Smash is Hype.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just CHatting stream going live at 8pm EST. I'lll be going over the latest and greatest in eSports Smash news , with my shoes off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when Bob randomly flamed a team by saying they use food stamps.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No but that sounds very boblike.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

No but that sounds very boblike.

I remember it because I spent every single second of the tourney, even while I was mid match, reading the chat.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I couldn't read chat while I was playing because of my setup but did hurriedly scuttle back to my desk after every match and scroll up to see if anyone commented on my epic moves.

The only comment I remember seeing was EE indignantly commenting that our only strategy was to hold smash attacks and hope someone walked into them, and that it was actually working. The disgust was palpable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

I couldn't read chat while I was playing because of my setup but did hurriedly scuttle back to my desk after every match and scroll up to see if anyone commented on my epic moves.

The only comment I remember seeing was EE indignantly commenting that our only strategy was to hold smash attacks and hope someone walked into them, and that it was actually working. The disgust was palpable.

I was hyping up your Ike Recoveries, and some drat fine team plays with charge Bs and side smash juggles. No worries.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
What about his dkong tech?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was on tilt because of the extremely biased commentator.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

That was like right after you made worm a mod and he timed him out lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh yeah was that the message I instantly sniped his rear end for 60,000 seconds for. He PMed me on discord saying Bro stop being a little poo poo *forced laughter* for real.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*throws his arm around Bobs shoulder and shakes him around until his glasses fall on the floor* lol But no we all love bob. He’s a great guy lol. Just horseplay, that’s all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*throws his arm around Bobs shoulder and shakes him around until his glasses fall on the floor* lol But no we all love bob. He’s a great guy lol. Just horseplay, that’s all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No horseplay at the pool! Thankfully, The Invitational skips pools and goes right to Top 8.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

American McGay posted:

My strategy of drop kicking you off the ledge and then twirling down behind you didn’t work as I intended

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Apparently this was directed at me and Evil Eagle, and I was willing to overlook it, but then during a conversation about how fighting game AI makes you worse because it teaches you bad habits he interjected with "Actually, I think I can separate the skillsets quite well" even after he has said he doesn't play fighting games and thinks they're pervert trash. So gently caress him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All I learned from the AI is what moves they have and getting used to my controller and I try not to absorb much more than that. Then I married those skills to the skills I got from playing against bug deal and mycophobia for 20 mins before the tourney.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I missed the epic chat cause I had work to do so I was just listening to IT commentary about "the rarr dare bear ooooohhh"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bob acting like there’s a conspiracy against him whilst constantly dropping elitist roasts on anyone and everyone about how he only plays artistic and Actually challenging indie platformers and Smash rather than crass “Fighting games” like Street Fighter. 🤕

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:cabot:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I missed the epic chat cause I had work to do so I was just listening to IT commentary about "the rarr dare bear ooooohhh"

i was the opposite, at work so no commentary but enjoying the flames from indie gaming god bob number 3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

:mufasa:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So, Best of 1?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
One stock, best of one, single elimination. Let's do it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Had an idea for a tourney if we end up doing another (probably after the holidays if so)

-2v2, random teams shuffled each round
-3 stock, 6 minutes
-Items on medium
-Each entrant chooses 2 items. These items will be on for every match they play in the tournament
-Random stages like last time
-The team that wins the last round will fight a 1v1 to determine the sole winner

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Had an idea for a tourney if we end up doing another (probably after the holidays if so)

-3 stock, 6 minutes
-Items on medium
-Each entrant chooses 2 items. These items will be on for every match they play in the tournament
-The team that wins the last round will fight a 1v1 to determine the sole winner

gently caress yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

-3 stock, 6 minutes
-Items on medium

This is gonna be awesome. When do people wanna do this? First weekend of January? It will be a little trickier to organize since you can't doweird custom brackets like this in challonge, so just post here if you're gonna join and I'll start making a spread sheet.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Excited to be part of this completely fair and above board bracket.

e: I'm gonna pack baseballs and warp stars

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 21, 2018

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Challonge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Signed up. Master Balls and Bombchu.