Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Taint posted:

Why wouldn't it be effective immediately? That's still plenty of time to bail.

presumably the bit about "the court further approves the defendant's pre-planned international travel"

KKKLIP ART posted:

I want to know what this pre-planned international travel is and how we make sure he comes back

tbf i trust the court not to be total fuckin' morons on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Probably just a quick sightseeing tour in Ecuador.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

CPColin posted:

Probably just a quick sightseeing tour in Ecuador.

No dice, Ecuador would negotiate his return in exchange for us getting Assange off their couch.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i hear the emirates are lovely this time of year

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I really really really really want to know which foot cream mogul or w/e funds the federalist.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sucks that he won't get fired. they know he is one of the tent poles of that poo poo show.

We said the same of Bill O'Reilly a year and change ago :shrug:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1075181111091888129?s=19

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hopefully tuckers sponsors dont just come back when the heat dies down like they did with Ingrahm.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

I want to know what this pre-planned international travel is and how we make sure he comes back
The threat of seizing all of his assets in the US, and, if you believe the rumors, reneging on Muller's discretionary decision not to prosecute his son. All to avoid maybe 6 months of jail time. If he was looking at 10+ years, I would take the risk of him absconding to another country far more seriously.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 19, 2018

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would imagine Flynn fleeing to a non-extradition-treaty country would result in a lot of bad optics for him and his and Trump's supporters. Leaving the country pretty much proves that he's guilty.

Also, I have a feeling that it's also a trap for further incriminations. Flynn tries to board a plane to Venezuela, gets held by federal marshals by "routine procedures", which involves calling up Judge Sullivan at midnight for an arrest warrant and haul him back in front of him tomorrow morning where the justice will throw the book at him.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Young Freud posted:

I would imagine Flynn fleeing to a non-extradition-treaty country would result in a lot of bad optics for him and his and Trump's supporters. Leaving the country pretty much proves that he's guilty.

Also, I have a feeling that it's also a trap for further incriminations. Flynn tries to board a plane to Venezuela, gets held by federal marshals by "routine procedures", which involves calling up Judge Sullivan at midnight for an arrest warrant and haul him back in front of him tomorrow morning where the justice will throw the book at him.

I want him to try to flee the country just so I can see what the gently caress Guilianni comes up with for how that proves trump's innocence. I can't imagine what it would be, but I know it would be glorious.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

We said the same of Bill O'Reilly a year and change ago :shrug:

It's because of the fallout from firing Bill-O that the Fox prime-time lineup members won't get fired (probably). Bill was too much of a sex monster in the end to keep around but none of his replacements pull the viewership numbers he used to get and I guarantee you the directors of Fox are still pissed at that and wish they could go back on that choice.

That being said Tucker is the dumbest man on that whole network by a longshot and if anyone could find a way to force Fox into dumping one of their last remaining viewer draws it would be him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is just beautiful

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1075153889798832129

42k turn to 975

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

ShoeFly posted:

You can clearly see his skull through the hair. That is definitely not normal.

Most normal doesn’t imply that it’s normal. Just that it’s as close to normal as it ever has been.

The angle kind of hides his mullet or the side wingtip combovers. Or maybe his hair was just flat that day.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

art of the deal~~

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Morbus posted:

art of the deal~~
I'm guessing 'undervalued' for tax purposes.

Of course they're not even worth that (with the possible exception of the helmet).

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seriously what the gently caress is he even talking about

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075197397217828864

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

eke out posted:

that he is literally in a fever dream and high

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

eke out posted:

Clearly he's building the wall out of solar cells and bitcoin miners.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

eke out posted:

Billion dollars a month!!! Well why didn't he say so! Racism is such a bargain!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eke out posted:

This dumb motherfucker.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ceci n'est pas une ...wall

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

"We're not building a concrete wall, we're building a steel fence. Totally different."

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

eke out posted:

Brain worms on Adderall are a hell of a thing.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

What the christ is he trying to claim that we're spending billions per month on? Illegal immigrants? I'm so confused.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Build the Artisanal Steel Slat Wall

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ZypherIM posted:

What the christ is he trying to claim that we're spending billions per month on? Illegal immigrants? I'm so confused.

The number changes with every time he says it but he believes that the country loses around 200 billion a year due to illegal immigrants.

He probably got the number from the same white supremacist who gave him the stats that like 40% of all murders are committed by illegal immigrants. I remember he gave that out a while back and after people did some digging into exactly how he arrived at such a crazy rear end number is turned out that one jail had a inmate population that was like 40% illegal immigrants so they extrapolated that to mean that 40% of all crimes are committed by illegal immigrants because that’s how logic works.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 19, 2018

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Can everyone near the president just tell him yes Donny, we built the wall and it's made of lasers you can't see. Trust us, the wall is there. The space force built it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What's the message here? We have to be centrist about this otherwise centrism wins?

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1075201780718305280

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Harik posted:

Clearly he's building the wall out of solar cells and bitcoin miners.

I support building a wall out of bitcoin miners.

Wait, you mean 'machines that are designed to mine bitcoin'. Nevermind.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Lycus posted:

What's the message here? We have to be centrist about this otherwise centrism wins?

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1075201780718305280

the message here is that Nate missed the last sixty years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lycus posted:

"we aren't allowed to complain about advertisers or nobody will every produce anything controversial ever again"

I feel like the correct takeaway is that advertising as a revenue source results in fundamentally broken incentives for content producers and should be done away with

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

nate noooo

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
When's the last time Nate's been ratio'd?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boycotts are good, and if you cannot inflict violence you should deprive people of money.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
But if it's just steel slats won't they just push the drugs through? Goddammit he is stupid.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When Nate tries to be a pundit it never goes well.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Protesting platforms that espouse racist hate is the same as protesting platforms that argue for climate change and universal healthcare you see. If we get rid of the Nazis we will have to get rid of the really good people as well because capitalism is a thoughtless monster and how will the advertisers be able to tell them apart.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Sounds like a deal made by president best deals.

Hope we get some good tweets that gently caress himself over, i.e "the painting of myself is worth a million dollars not zero!" Which fucks up his valuation or something, I'm not sure how that would work. I just want him to poo poo himself unknowingly on twitter again.

Meatball fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

bartlebee posted:

But if it's just steel slats won't they just push the drugs through? Goddammit he is stupid.

Well no, because our Border Heroes will be able to see them coming through all the massive holes in the wall. Donnie's thought of everything, you see.