Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard
Aug 3, 2014

Paul Blart: Mall Blart

For_Great_Justice posted:

These are fantastic. By chance where did you get the lightning claws they don't look standard I'd like some.

I think those are the ones from the ravenguard forgeworld squad. I believe they're called dark furys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

goodness posted:

Are there any must-haves in a GSC kt list? I'm building my first kill team, mostly to paint because the figures are rad. But I don't want it to be totally unplayable.

I started with the KT starter and my thoughts as a complete beginner are that in general shotguns are better than autoguns on the neophytes but keeping 1-2 isnt bad. Abberants are really fun to play with and the extra wound goes a long way. Taking 1-2 genestealers is a lot of fun and their speed is a big help. The heavy rock cutter on the Acolytes is super fun but after people know about its special rule expect them to take him out as a priority. An acolyte with a flamethrower is always worth taking too. Auto hits are huge

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
SPOOPY BUG MEMES FOR NECRONTYR TEENS

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!

Wizard posted:

I think those are the ones from the ravenguard forgeworld squad. I believe they're called dark furys

Thank you I need to look into this.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

SPOOPY BUG MEMES FOR NECRONTYR TEENS

Nice bug. Love how the green pops next to that purple.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

You can fill out the HQ/troops/heavy support/super heavy options well and with pretty decent value from the various boxed sets, but yeah, Elites and Fast Attack get pricey fast. Especially since you pretty much need at least one unit of Infiltrators and according to the description on the website the only box with Sicarians (Fist of The Omnissiah) just builds Ruststalkers.

I'm interested in how you're loading them out (since I've got the sprue sitting from Fist). Just now my AdMech are combined with my Knights - 327 AdMech Battalion, plus 808 Pt Spearhead (Cawl and 3 Onager + 2 Shooty Bots) supporting a Castellan/Armiger/Armiger.

Once I drop the Knights (adding 2 more shooty bots at least) and adding the Infiltrators what are you using them for? Are they ok to still be Mars? I don't want to really run 2 FWs.

Stephenls posted:

Okay, then. Time to post my loving models.

This is a sick effort post. Great progress. I found posting my WIPs to my mini instagram helps me do something like what you're doing here.

Also what's the recipe for the sick sniper Stalker Intercessors?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Badablack posted:

5 Delaque Metamorph genestealers. Banking on metamorphs and hand flamers getting a serious points cut, with which they’ll actually be pretty good.

These are fantastic. Just the right amount of bugginess while keeping the Delaque look.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harkano posted:

I'm interested in how you're loading them out (since I've got the sprue sitting from Fist). Just now my AdMech are combined with my Knights - 327 AdMech Battalion, plus 808 Pt Spearhead (Cawl and 3 Onager + 2 Shooty Bots) supporting a Castellan/Armiger/Armiger.

Once I drop the Knights (adding 2 more shooty bots at least) and adding the Infiltrators what are you using them for? Are they ok to still be Mars? I don't want to really run 2 FWs.

I'm still in the process of putting a "real" army together from Start Collecting and Forgebane but the plan is:

2x Dominus (Planning on magnetizing the weapons)

2x Rangers (5 man units, one with 2x Arquebii, one with an Arc Rifle+Caliver)
2x Vanguard (5 man, each with an Arc Rifle and Caliver)

1x Dunecrawler (Magnetized weapons + Heavy Stubber)

2x Armiger Warglaives (Magnetized shoulder weapons since they can't swap anything on the arms anyway)

Mars seems like it's still fine? I was going with Stygies VIII colors/planning on using that dogma.

If there's another eBay sale this year I'll definitely buy a Fist box, hell I'll probably buy one anyway.

For Infiltrators, math* says flechette/goad Infiltrators are the way to go, and honestly it just seems cooler than power swords anyway.

*1d4chan's math

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 19, 2018

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

TheChirurgeon posted:

these are fuckin great

Cheers mate!

For_Great_Justice posted:

These are fantastic. By chance where did you get the lightning claws they don't look standard I'd like some.

Pretty much what Wizard said. I picked them up for the jump packs and had the claws left over for this project.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Raven-Guard-Dark-Fury-Assault-Squad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The point drops from CA seems very well played by GW. I've been reading reddit and dakka while watching battlereps and it seems like most factions kind of got approximately the same de facto point decrease. Like, people building 1750 lists have saved around 100 points across the popular builds for those factions. So it seems pretty equal.

The only exceptions are good factions, knights, and a few problem units that got point increased.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Harkano posted:

Also what's the recipe for the sick sniper Stalker Intercessors?

Deathwatch backpacks and scout sniper barrel shrouds.

For the Deathwatch backpacks, you can carefully cut off the Inquisition symbols on the back, and then also carefully cut off the spotter on the top, rotate it, and glue it back on facing a more interesting direction than straight ahead. I've found that for guys who look like they're firing, getting ready to fire, or have just fired -- guys who are looking in the same direction as their guns, in other words -- it works best to pose the spotter facing the same direction as the guy's head. Same applies to the sergeant, who's not looking in the same direction as his gun but is looking purposefully toward the same direction he's pointing. Contrariwise, for guys who are looking away from their guns, which gives the impression of looking around or scanning their environments, it's actually better to have the spotter facing in a different direction, like it's also scanning the environment in a complimentary way. Makes them look like recon dudes.

For the scout sniper barrel shrouds, you want to make the cut as far back along the scout sniper barrel as possible, so the barrel is long. Then carefully cut off the barrel of the Intercessor bolt rifle, then drill into the casing about as far as it's molded to look like the barrel recesses into it -- I use the Citadel pin vice, so first I make a spotter hole with the tip of an X-acto knife, then drill a pilot hole using the 0.5mm drill, then widen that with the 1.5mm drill. Then slide the barrel of the sniper into the resulting space with some extra thin plastic cement applied, make sure it's rotated correctly, and hold it there for about ten minutes. It likes to droop, so you'll have to baby it.

Have some pictures:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Inspector_666 posted:

Do you think Noise Marines play cock rock and hair metal, or does it sound more like Frontierer or Merzbow?

I've always assumed thrash, although Deathklok is a good comedy option.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone felt like seeing Tau get their poo poo pushed in by clowns, here you go.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
commission pieces by this dude arrived. https://www.instagram.com/2dorks1brush/

Lovely job.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Chiwie posted:

I'm so not happy with these but I'm glad to see them 'done'. Made a ton of mistakes and I don't think I sold the concept I was going for with them.

I saw the box set for these pop up on GW’s store and almost pulled the trigger because, as stated earler, Night Lords own. Your painting owns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Liquid Communism posted:

I've always assumed thrash, although Deathklok is a good comedy option.

Unless they’re fighting AdMech, then they’re playing Slim Whitman.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

queef anxiety posted:

commission pieces by this dude arrived. https://www.instagram.com/2dorks1brush/

Lovely job.

These are awesome. The blue is really great.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Chiwie posted:

I'm so not happy with these but I'm glad to see them 'done'. Made a ton of mistakes and I don't think I sold the concept I was going for with them.

I really like what you've done here. Not sure why you aren't happy with them - they will look great on the table.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
'sup Carl?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The latest standard: https://regimental-standard.com/2018/12/19/the-most-wanted/

"deserving of death for laughable hyperbole" is great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Seldom Posts posted:

The latest standard: https://regimental-standard.com/2018/12/19/the-most-wanted/

"deserving of death for laughable hyperbole" is great.

That whole poster is a good one, I love the idea of referring to a Warboss as an "absurd creature."

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Not much - just lurking.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Ghost Hand posted:

Not much - just lurking.

Please post pics of the Minotaurs you've completed this year.

\/\/\/ Genuine request. He talks about them on the show and I've never seen them.

Legendary Ptarmigan fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 20, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

MODS?!!?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Carl I remember I posted something about finding your podcast way too positive shortly after eighth edition came out and then you having a monolog about people accusing you of being too positive. I don't know if you were responding directly to me.

If you were responding to me I kind of regret how I worded the comment. What I was meaning to say was that you just, to me, seemed to be strawmanning people who weren't happy without really acknowledging or representing the reasoning for their concerns. If it sounded like a deal-breaker for me that wasn't really my intent. It was something that was bothering me a little bit about the podcast, not some massive deal-breaker. Your podcast is a fun listen; I've been a subscriber for a long time. Badcast supremacy though, obviously. :colbert:

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
A warboss IS an absurd creature. It’s basically the looney tunes Tasmanian Devil with a metal underbite and cockney accent. Seeing that thing shamble across the battlefield towards you roaring and killing your comrades with its big cartoon gun would be enough to make any man question the existence of a good and loving god-emperor.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Badablack posted:

A warboss IS an absurd creature. It’s basically the looney tunes Tasmanian Devil with a metal underbite and cockney accent. Seeing that thing shamble across the battlefield towards you roaring and killing your comrades with its big cartoon gun would be enough to make any man question the existence of a good and loving god-emperor.

It just makes me think of this

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/212767135901024256

And then I read the whole poster in Stephen A Smith's voice and it's amazing.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Eifert Posting posted:

Hey Carl I remember I posted something about finding your podcast way too positive shortly after eighth edition came out and then you having a monolog about people accusing you of being too positive. I don't know if you were responding directly to me.

If you were responding to me I kind of regret how I worded the comment. What I was meaning to say was that you just, to me, seemed to be strawmanning people who weren't happy without really acknowledging or representing the reasoning for their concerns. If it sounded like a deal-breaker for me that wasn't really my intent. It was something that was bothering me a little bit about the podcast, not some massive deal-breaker. Your podcast is a fun listen; I've been a subscriber for a long time. Badcast supremacy though, obviously. :colbert:

heheh no I wasn't responding directly to anyone. I get it quite often. I should just ignore it by this point. :)

I'm not terribly worried about it anyway - This is me. This is my show. There's other options out there for folks if they don't like it. I hope the rest of the show outweighs that thing for you.

I love what Badcast is doing and those guys and I are friends. I love their sense of humor and they are fun to hang out with.

(Edit) for the record I just don't post here often anymore since I made an rear end of myself when my friend died and I as just a bit too sensitive. I apologized to those folks I responded to in that way, but was quite honestly just a bit embarrassed. Now I just kind of lurk often. I still find this thread highly entertaining.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 20, 2018

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

\/\/\/ Genuine request. He talks about them on the show and I've never seen them.

I've only worked on about 20 Primaris at this point and cleaned up the named Dreadnought. (I don't like the plasma canon so cleaning it up). I have been so busy painting terrain and playing Thousand Sons this project has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Ghost Hand posted:

I've only worked on about 20 Primaris at this point and cleaned up the named Dreadnought. (I don't like the plasma canon so cleaning it up). I have been so busy painting terrain and playing Thousand Sons this project has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment.

Oops pic didn't attach.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
Good to see you still peak at these forums every now and then Carl. Just joined the ICs Facebook group last week and have enjoyed the show for a few years now. Keep up the good work.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hi thread, another disciple of the Omnissiah here.

Wanted to show my WIP on this Dread Maw I'm painting for a friend, our table is Mars so that's what I'll be going for with the base.

I've never painted a creature before, admech is my first foray into wargaming so I've only been painting my metal men this year. Any tips appreciated.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hi thread, another disciple of the Omnissiah here.

Wanted to show my WIP on this Dread Maw I'm painting for a friend, our table is Mars so that's what I'll be going for with the base.

I've never painted a creature before, admech is my first foray into wargaming so I've only been painting my metal men this year. Any tips appreciated.

So far this looks great! The eyes probably need a dot of white to indicate that they're shiny, and I think you could stand to push the inside of the mouth just a tiny bit closer to pink (but that might not be worth doing since you've already painted all the teeth).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Booley posted:

So far this looks great! The eyes probably need a dot of white to indicate that they're shiny, and I think you could stand to push the inside of the mouth just a tiny bit closer to pink (but that might not be worth doing since you've already painted all the teeth).

Cheers! I haven't finished the eye yet, was still considering doing a milky blind eye. I think you're right about the mouth too, the teeth aren't really done anyway so there's still time.

I was considering using a Martian Ironcrust on the hide, but happy to be talked out of it if it'll gently caress it up.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 20, 2018

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

Cheers! I haven't finished the eye yet, was still considering doing a milky blind eye. I think you're right about the mouth too, the teeth aren't really done anyway so there's still time

If you're going back into the mouth, in addition to pushing it further to pink I'd try to get some very fine highlights of pure white on the fleshy parts, again because those areas will have some sort of glossy reflections from moisture.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Booley posted:

If you're going back into the mouth, in addition to pushing it further to pink I'd try to get some very fine highlights of pure white on the fleshy parts, again because those areas will have some sort of glossy reflections from moisture.

Good idea, thanks

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Been gone for 29,000 posts. Miss anything besides Kill Team?

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Kilo147 posted:

Been gone for 29,000 posts. Miss anything besides Kill Team?

chapter approved, vigilus

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Probably 8E too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm still in the process of putting a "real" army together from Start Collecting and Forgebane but the plan is:

2x Dominus (Planning on magnetizing the weapons)

2x Rangers (5 man units, one with 2x Arquebii, one with an Arc Rifle+Caliver)
2x Vanguard (5 man, each with an Arc Rifle and Caliver)

1x Dunecrawler (Magnetized weapons + Heavy Stubber)

2x Armiger Warglaives (Magnetized shoulder weapons since they can't swap anything on the arms anyway)

Mars seems like it's still fine? I was going with Stygies VIII colors/planning on using that dogma.

If there's another eBay sale this year I'll definitely buy a Fist box, hell I'll probably buy one anyway.

For Infiltrators, math* says flechette/goad Infiltrators are the way to go, and honestly it just seems cooler than power swords anyway.

*1d4chan's math

Cheers folks.