Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
None of your money is going to coders, animators or any other artists. (The people making this game)
You're just lining the pockets of execs who think up new ways to extract your cash through premium time/content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yes that is generally the way capitalism works

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Do we know how many Ukrainian and other Eastern European neo-nazis work for Wargaming? All of their staff?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So going by that video, the wheeled tanks can't be 'tracked' even with a pretty significant drop, take no damage from said drops, and still are able to maintain 30kph with a damaged wheel, which gets repaired *while the tank is on the move*. And, of course, since that's going to be a T8 premium, even if they change the other wheeled tanks, if that one goes live with all of these :wtc: things, they'll remain on the tank forever, or WG will have to refund people.

Eh, it's not that amazing. Mediocre gun, no armor, but great mobility and some neat new mechanics. Dropping from 60 or 80 kpm to 30 with one damaged wheel isn't completely crippling like a tank getting de-tracked, but losing most of your mobility in a paper vehicle is still almost as bad. It looks like the wheeled vehicles will be fun (mostly due to that mobility) without being OP (no armor, and lol 2-shot "autoloader.")

I'd rather see more premium vehicles like this (and the Prosciutto) than the Defender or IS-3A (or Skorpion.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Muahahaha, I get to be a shitter, I got the LeFH tonight...goddamn is this thing broken

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

Do we know how many Ukrainian and other Eastern European neo-nazis work for Wargaming? All of their staff?

we do know they had to introduce a strict no politics in the office rule

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
IS-3A trip report

What have they done?

W̼̯͢h̗͙̬̮̫͡a͉͉͞ͅt̵̤̜.͕̰͙̝̫

H̷̪͔̣̹̲̝a̱̱̣͓̻ͅv̢͎̞̣̰e̡̖̤͓̺̖̰

T̞̻̦̩͓̤̥̀͘͟h̟̖͖̭̠̫̦͜e̱͔̣̬͙̬͔̣͜y̴̨̲̝̙͎͝.̸̺̱͙̦̯̟͓

D̳͓̯͙̆ͩͭ̋̌͗ͥ̎͛̀͢ơ̶̸̸̡̗̼̼͕̳͍̦̥̰͉ͣ͂̎̆̇̍̑̄͐̚n̎̆͋ͦ͑̓͋́̍̓̆ͤ̑̚͏̢̀͡͏͇͓͔̺̜͇̯e̡̨̠̝̱͔̠͎̠̰̜̟̤̙͔̤͍ͦ̌͂͌ͣ̏ͣͩ̒ͤ̓̋̌̂̐͊ͮͩ̀́͟.̢̘̙͖ͪͯ͆̄̄̊̍̏͆̈́̿ͤ̚͜͢͝

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
wargaming thought process on the IS-3A: "wow we're making money....let's make more money!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Moar?!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It would of been even better if the kept the old IS-3A and just called this new one the IS-3AA and made everyone rebuy/gamble for it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

my boxes gave me tanks i already had so i used some gold to buy a WZ-120-1 FT chinese TD and it is good, I've bounced tier 10's and brawled a patriot to death with my big hard gun that basically reloads 8 sec for 440

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I love that thing. Nobody seems to expect the DPM. Decently reliable armor too. Side armor is like 80mm, it can actually sidescrape pretty effectively as long as you keep the lower plate hidden.

e: I think that's the same reason I've always liked the ISU-122S so much. It has more than it's share of flaws but sometimes things just line up perfectly and you can pump out 390 alpha shells every 6s and all is right with the world

Barry fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 18, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hellsau posted:

you're right it does cost them to make more tanks to sell people

I know you hate the game and WG, but not everyone shares the same disdain.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I don't know about you guys but the SU-130PM owns and is usually my go to if I want to get wins in.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

IS-3A trip report

Yeah when I drive this thing either the entire enemy team is on a wild witch hunt to find me or I just cruise in auto pilot and delete people. This tank is kinda stupid.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

everyone should hate wargaming tho

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

everyone should hate wargaming tho

I do not hate. I loathe. I can see some of their business practices are scummy and hey to each their own. But you do provide good info and please keep posting.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Westfield has to be one of the shittiest maps in any game, ever.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Katamari Democracy posted:

I don't know about you guys but the SU-130PM owns and is usually my go to if I want to get wins in.

Yeah when I drive this thing either the entire enemy team is on a wild witch hunt to find me or I just cruise in auto pilot and delete people. This tank is kinda stupid.

The 130PM is basically the epitome of P2W along with the 3A.

Everything about the 130PM is amazing. With a camo crew you can pull off some very sneaky things.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1026717172-bunnycaulk/

:psyduck:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Stanley Pain posted:

Everything about the 130PM is amazing. With a camo crew you can pull off some very sneaky things.

drat right it is. :smug:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

that's a lot of wasted $ just to be poo poo at top tier

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I was on my SICK JUMPS gimmick account, got a tier 6 game in my Luchs from west spawn and I said in chat, "Hey I'm gonna go jump off the bridge because, well, look at my username. Good luck!" One of my teammates said that the bridge was blocked now. They were correct so I just ran into the north and clipped out three times because bad players refused to react to the spotted enemy and had a great game. And now I never play the game because lol the wargaming map designers removing the only fun part of Westfield, jumping off the bridge.

Reset botter account?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

In terms of godawful WoT map design, this one barely moves the needle for me.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

In terms of godawful WoT map design, this one barely moves the needle for me.

Three quarters of the map are entirely worthless, and in fact going there will doom your team because the entirety of the battle that matters occurs in the northwest quadrant, and if one team loses the northwest, then every single tank in the 7/8/9/0 lines and K/J/H lines are all dead to tanks shooting them from above in cover. Also, if more of one team's tanks spawn uphill, that team gets a serious advantage for no good reason.

Westfield is ATROCIOUS.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.
It happens to us all.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiac posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.
It happens to us all.

I've played this game for like 7+ years and still play and enjoy it. I also play and enjoy World of Warships.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Stanley Pain posted:

I've played this game for like 7+ years and still play and enjoy it. I also play and enjoy World of Warships.

Botes is a game for Gentlemen. Tanks, not so much.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Part of the reason why this game is dying because it sucks at attracting new players. I'm trying to get Ace Tanker in some low tiers and hitting the maximum queue time almost every time.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

I was you until this autumn (including time).
So now I can say “you poor deluded fool”.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Powercreep has always been a thing in this game, and pay-to-win also was always part of the equation to some extent, but the latter part started getting out of control in the last two years, and the former just blasted off into the stratosphere with the 130-PM and the IS-3A.

One is a broken tank that pretty much everyone has due to the marathon, and the other is actually beyond the words broken.

If they don't unfuck the new-player-experience (tm), and the announced changes for 2019 don't bring about a significant shift, this game simply has got to die inside the next two years or something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If they don't unfuck the new-player-experience (tm), and the announced changes for 2019 don't bring about a significant shift, this game simply has got to die inside the next two years or something.

On the off-chance that you do make it into a low tier battle there's 7 players per side and a platoon of seal clubbers on the other team.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Case in point: Just another broken-rear end game in a broken-rear end tank.
It's not even a stellar game, it's an average game that turned into an almost 4k-damage game because of how broken this thing is. A regular IS-3 would have knocked a round into the T30, or possibly not even have risked it to avoid taking a nasty counter-hit. Then it would have reloaded and MAYBE tried to poke the ridge for a shot into the back of a Löwe, then ducked back to reload again, and MAYBE tried to poke the ridge again for another shot at the Löwe and a low-health T-10.

The IS-3A, however, casually eats a hit from the T30 that had taken A SINGLE damaging hit previously, and simply loving deletes it from existence with 1287 damage while the T30 reloads. After reloading the clip, the IS-3A is then still on enough health to poke the ridge, knock two shots into the Löwe, and get a third killing hit on the T-10. That's two tier 9s removed from the match, and one tier 8 down to a one-shot with two clips. Then you have three more minutes of casual game-play before the last clip takes out the remaining SU-130 PM, and the final arty with a high-roll.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

went back to see what I said about the IS-3A when it went on test:

Hellsau posted:

Wait, so it's like if the Italian line had a 3-shot autoloader with 8/10/12 seconds of reload on each shot, but instead of reloading at 8 seconds when you have 2 in the tank, it reloads at 12s, and when it's empty it's just a regular tank with an 8s reload?

Except it's got 1170 clip damage with 3s per shot. That's clearly not even close to a balanceable mechanic. You get to instantly kill all tier 6s and most tier 7s, and you get to instantly kill any half-health tanks outside some tier 10 heavies. Of course, they're not even trying to balance it given that it's literally just an IS-3 if it'd out of shots, and then it gets to stack two shots.

Hellsau posted:

it could have .6 accuracy and the mechanic still isn't balanceable.

serious gaylord posted:

I'd like to think theres absolutely no loving way they put that thing in the game as it is but given the blowup about it already everyone will buy one so....

lol we're all fools onto wargaming's game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Three quarters of the map are entirely worthless, and in fact going there will doom your team because the entirety of the battle that matters occurs in the northwest quadrant, and if one team loses the northwest, then every single tank in the 7/8/9/0 lines and K/J/H lines are all dead to tanks shooting them from above in cover. Also, if more of one team's tanks spawn uphill, that team gets a serious advantage for no good reason.

Westfield is ATROCIOUS.

When the hell did they rename lakeville
e: ah my bad. The important part of lakeville is in the east. This is clearly el halluf

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
So now playing the e25, one of my favorite things is clearing a flank and then bolting through to murder arty. I am astounded by the amount of players that just sit there and let you pump round after round into them and never move. Some take three or four shots to kill them and they just sit there.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

WITCH HUNT! FAKE GAME! NO COLLISION!

Now that's how you statbad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Clownshoe is in the advent calendar for 7,800 gold. Was that thing still good?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Whenever I see it I aim for the turret cheeks and pen every time, so that's probably not good for the type of tank it is.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

Westfield is ATROCIOUS.

Sure, but if I didn't know what map you were posting about and you removed the specifics about quadrants/lines, that could be about just about any of them. The field is actually a great brawling area too, as there's multiple ridges/lanes and flanking capabilities. Arty, of course, ruins things, but the same can be said for any map that arty has clear shots. I guess it's nice that it's not 100% a lovely corridor map and every tank type can have a role and influence the battle.

It also got a little bit better with the HD remake, in that the SE corner is a generally enjoyable light tank/fast med brawling area which can actually, god forbid, help you win if you win that area. Clear out arty or scoot somewhere and play vision games.

The field definitely determines the battle 90% of the time but in the storied history of godawful WG map design, it's middle of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Clownshoe is in the advent calendar for 7,800 gold. Was that thing still good?

Probably, if all you ever face is same tier or lower which is a "lol nope". But this applies to a lot of poo poo

Now that wheeled vehicles are a thing, I'll bet a bunch of dudes try to jump that bridge with the boost