Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

LingcodKilla posted:

Sir this is an Arbies drive through.

USN drive through

https://youtu.be/IpO5SWc6tMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
one year from when i start terminal and EAOS. wow do i dislike my community and the USN at large. namaste.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

one year from when i start terminal and EAOS. wow do i dislike my community and the USN at large. namaste.

You don't like being hazed by a bunch of fat overpaid construction worker chuds cosplaying marines??

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

There's not even hazing. I've had it really easy all things considered, but wow fitness and adaptive thinking are not Seabee values. Or USN as far as I can tell.

Real question, anyone know a JAG that could POC for a friend, NAVMED is playing gently caress gently caress games with him and a trusted adult outside our world would be helpful

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

maffew buildings posted:

There's not even hazing. I've had it really easy all things considered, but wow fitness and adaptive thinking are not Seabee values. Or USN as far as I can tell.

Real question, anyone know a JAG that could POC for a friend, NAVMED is playing gently caress gently caress games with him and a trusted adult outside our world would be helpful

Played ultimate frisbee with my CTN unit vs random army, dependas and some Korean officers and we got our flabby asses handed to us this weekend.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I am currently mustering with the entire duty section at midnight because our duty section chief threw a temper tantrum.

I go on leave in 16 hours so gently caress it bring the gently caress gently caress games on bitch.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I am currently mustering with the entire duty section at midnight because our duty section chief threw a temper tantrum.

I go on leave in 16 hours so gently caress it bring the gently caress gently caress games on bitch.
Lol if you're still in

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

lmao I do not miss this one loving bit

God this post brings back loving vivid memories of standing in the hangar bay under yellow lights with the rest of the duty section late at night getting screamed at by the chief because x y or z didn't happen

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Remember the reason for the season

(To maintain a minimum level of readiness)

(Chief: To satisfy my Napoleonic complex)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yesterday my section had the OOD get mad at us for the offense of following their instructions to the letter

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Yesterday my section had the OOD get mad at us for the offense of following their instructions to the letter

If they don't send you to Mast for disobeying a direct order as points to the Mafia that is the Mess, then are you really a sailor worth mentorship?

On the NAVMED thing, the legal office on post may be able to assist as far as what the next step would be. Is your friend trying to fight a determination from a medical board, argue LIMDU? Depending on the instruction they're fighting or arguing for, I could help you find one so that your friend could have help from the JAG and they don't have to wait until the JAG figures out the instruction it's pertaining to.

EDIT: Also, most hospitals, even the smaller ones that have been downgraded to clinics, usually have some legal officer around to talk to and the ombudsman should have some local information for legal.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 20, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'll talk to him and see what's up and follow up, thank you. Think he just doesn't want to get the boot before it is all buttoned up.

They gave up on mentoring me years ago, thankfully

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Classic duty section.

When the sailors I'm training ask why I didn't reenlist I usually just answer "Duty days" and they all just nod and understand.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My son has asked me to relay a few more questions:

As an IT, what would his work likely be in a Seabees unit (my guess was removing viruses from their PCs).

The other one is a little more complicated, I'll quote:

"For example, there are 2 billets open for the Mount Whitney. There are 5 selections I can pick total. So if I choose the Mount Whitney twice, I'm not sure if that will help or go against my odds in picking that ship."

Thanks again in advance.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

YOU GUESSED loving WRONG, IN THE BEES THEY'RE GOING TO SIT AROUND FOR MONTHS ON END CLICKING "OK" ON NEW INTRANET ACCESS ACCOUNTS THEN GO SET UP TENTS AND CONCERTINA WIRE IN THE DIRT AND WOODS

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Yeh but how cool would it be to have your (SCW) as an IT

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

My son has asked me to relay a few more questions:

As an IT, what would his work likely be in a Seabees unit (my guess was removing viruses from their PCs).

The other one is a little more complicated, I'll quote:

"For example, there are 2 billets open for the Mount Whitney. There are 5 selections I can pick total. So if I choose the Mount Whitney twice, I'm not sure if that will help or go against my odds in picking that ship."

Thanks again in advance.

This is completely hypothetical, but I'm a practicing civil engineer and a (former) enlisted sailor (but not a Seabee), but being an embedded IT in a Seabee unit seems like a lot of bitch work but chill as heck.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

maffew buildings posted:

YOU GUESSED loving WRONG, IN THE BEES THEY'RE GOING TO SIT AROUND FOR MONTHS ON END CLICKING "OK" ON NEW INTRANET ACCESS ACCOUNTS THEN GO SET UP TENTS AND CONCERTINA WIRE IN THE DIRT AND WOODS

This and they may also get to touch radios sometimes.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why not send the Seabees to the Mexico border? :thunk:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EBB posted:

Don’t make sense of nonsense.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

EBB posted:

because they're trying to build their poo poo barricade in a timely manner and have it last longer than a week.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Commoners posted:

because they're trying to build their poo poo barricade in a timely manner and have it last longer than a week.

Then why is the military building anything?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Flikken posted:

Then why is the military building anything?

because we're a nation of good ideas

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
bigly boy was talking about making the military build his big beautiful wall so it might happen

:lol:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Your son can pick both of those billets for the ship, and it will increase his chance to be selected for those orders.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Commoners posted:

So we sent a bunch of Army and Marine Corps Infantrymen.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

So we sent a bunch of Army and Marine Corps Infantrymen.

Bees and the reserves component should have been sent. Would have been their biggest mission since ... well ever. Practical experience building poo poo nobody wants and a clear mission. Think of the graft and drug running opportunities. It could have been huge.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah but the drug tunnel they built would collapse on them and they'd make no money and have to do training about not building drug tunnels into Mexico :(

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Speaking of bees, the guys here are apparently getting work for Christmas.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CMD598 posted:

Speaking of bees, the guys here are apparently getting work for Christmas.

That looks a lot like Iwakuni with all of their new housing they've built over the past ten years or so.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm not loving Johnny Builder or whatever but they made one loving bold design choice on that thing

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

That looks a lot like Iwakuni with all of their new housing they've built over the past ten years or so.

Too bad there isn't a prize for that.

maffew buildings posted:

I'm not loving Johnny Builder or whatever but they made one loving bold design choice on that thing

Well it's Japan designing/building around American requirements. So the first floor is about what you would expect from a two bedroom apartment, the second floor the master bedroom and a second bedroom's worth of empty space for reasons that no one knows, and the third floor is a bedroom, a half size bedroom/office and a bathroom.

Now back to the labour's of bees, it seems nobody ever thought about what to do with trash beyond "Order some wheelie bins-no not the good ones!" so after a few stiff breezes and the crows learned there's a couple thousand more people around, it's been decided that hey maybe housing should have an actual storage location/trash shed...like built everywhere else.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I am curious if that trash hutch will be there in a few years

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 25, 2018

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Merry Christmas you filthy animals

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/NYTimesAtWar/status/1077764465683255296?s=19

G D Millennials, this is why we are losing the war on terror.
-BM3(SW) Numb Nuts '89-'92

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

When young sailors need a minor course correction, he said, instead of ordering a spell in the brig, he often orders them to write reports on works by authors like Patrick Henry or Ayn Rand.

I would have rather been flogged.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Run, sodomy, and bootstraps.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

When young sailors need a minor course correction, he said, instead of ordering a spell in the brig, he often orders them to write reports on works by authors like Patrick Henry or Ayn Rand.

I would have rather been flogged.

Don't think I'd be able to write that report in a way that avoids further punishment.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
https://www.nga.mil/MediaRoom/PressReleases/Pages/Sharp-confirmed-as-next-NGA-director.aspx

quote:

SPRINGFIELD, Virginia – The Senate confirmed Navy Rear Adm. Robert Sharp for promotion to vice admiral and the Defense Department and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence selected him as the next director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

Sharp will assume command of the agency during a ceremony in February.

Sharp serves as the commander of the Office of Naval Intelligence and director of the National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office.

Looks like the Navy is taking over the worst of the Combat Support Agencies. Go us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I got to meet him once, he seemed like a pretty genuine person. Also, the fact that you don't hear grumblings about him is...good, there have been previous DNIs that "everyone knows about."