Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah I see. well that one might be worth playing just for how stupid it gets

wouldn't call it a great game, but it is an interesting one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

ah I see. well that one might be worth playing just for how stupid it gets

wouldn't call it a great game, but it is an interesting one

It’s weird, too, because the first three or four chapters had the makings of a phenomenal game. Having to clean up a crime scene as one guy, then playing as the detectives investigating it afterwards with different clues depending on what you did was an :aaa: moment in 2004.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s weird, too, because the first three or four chapters had the makings of a phenomenal game. Having to clean up a crime scene as one guy, then playing as the detectives investigating it afterwards with different clues depending on what you did was an :aaa: moment in 2004.

Yeah that opening is so strong. Then...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Is there a way to send codes and gifts to other users?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is there a way to send codes and gifts to other users?

send a psn message with the code in it. there's no way to directly send a gift to someone

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

A gifting feature would be really nice. Does Sony even send an email if something from the wishlist goes on sale?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trojan Kaiju posted:

A gifting feature would be really nice. Does Sony even send an email if something from the wishlist goes on sale?

Nope

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the psn store sucks tbh

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Trying to get back into the division for the first time since launch and I forgot that this game has the most bloated, confusing UI in any game. Can't even figure out how to play any of the DLC.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I'm about halfway through it, the Bloodborne DLC is a no-brainer. If you like the game, the DLC gives you more levels, that are tougher than anything in the base game, and more weapons/tools as a reward. I do agree Ludwig is kind of a big brickwall, but the game gives you several NPC options if you want to try him with some help, so it's not COMPLETELY leaving you to the wolves.

I just pushed the lever in the Research Hall. It's been an incredibly difficult area, I keep either getting killed by the ferocious enemies or accidentally falling off of the edge, but it's been really fun exploring. This area feels complex, and I like the verticality- I've fallen to my death a lot, but it's not hard to get back up with the elevator, and it's fun using guns or spells to knock enemies off of the stairs or rafters and watch them fall to their death. SUCKERS.

Spoilered for the guy asking about the DLC, just in case

The atmosphere and design in the DLC so far is top notch, it's like the moment in the main game right before you fight the One Reborn, you walk through an archway and suddenly the street is lined with the petrified bodies (or sculptures?) of hundreds of men, women and children, fleeing from something that happened here. It's chilling and subtle.

Similarly the Hunter's Nightmare has you stumble upon a bajillion creepy half-dead bodies, on top of which is Ludwig, who is a loving masterpiece of creature design, and then above this drainage ditch full of corpses is a lab full of screaming, insane deformed research subjects. Where do you think the corpses came from?

I get really cheesed at the combat but drat, the storytelling and design in this game keeps me coming back,

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I get really cheesed at the combat but drat, the storytelling and design in this game keeps me coming back,

It's really second to none in the subtlety department, but gathering together information from the environment isn't rocket science either. It is extremely satisfying when you see something or suddenly remember something you saw and go "I know what the gently caress is going on here" while going :catstare:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/sevenstravels/status/1075148673988919296

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Trying to get back into the division for the first time since launch and I forgot that this game has the most bloated, confusing UI in any game. Can't even figure out how to play any of the DLC.

Basement of the main base. It gives you missions to go down there at some point.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mongoose posted:

I bought bloodborne in the sale. I've barely had this console a month and my backlog is piling up. I'm just running around on the streets now, but the combat already feels a lot better than the other DS games.

Also I've heard it's not too good, but I really want Steep for chill out snowboarding. It seems like Ubisoft is pretty aggressive with the pricing on ps4, just hoping it appears on the winter sale.

As an game, Steep is meh. As a "I just want to glide around and do some jumps and chill" vehicle, it's definitely worth grabbing on sale.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh the Everybody's Golf DLCs came up in a few posts recently but I hadn't noticed they're all currently 50% off with another 10% for PS+. I've never seen them on sale before so buy them!

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I have $20 in PSN credit, is Conan Exiles worth $5?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Allright. Anyone have good headset recommendations? After Sony stone cold hosed me twice I'm never buying another headset from them again. The only thing is that I'm pretty set on wireless and don't want to spend more than 150 max, although $100 would be better . Something comparable in sound quality to the Platinums except actually reliable and not lovely would be ideal. Also something that works with a USB dongle that I could also use on Switch would be highly preferred.

I was looking at the Razer Man o War and the Turtle beach stealth 600s atm moment. Much prefer the look of the Razer headset but I guess the 7.1 doesn't work on PS4? Probably not a big deal Headphone surround sound mostly seems like bullshit anyways.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Basement of the main base. It gives you missions to go down there at some point.

Word. Yeah I found it eventually. I'm not lvl 30 so I basically can't do anything in the game except grind right now I guess. Probably why the game didn't direct me there.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have had Turtle Beach Stealth 400s, the predecessor of the 600s, for four years and they're still ace when I want to go wireless. They work perfectly on the Switch too.

Last week I thought about finally replacing them with maybe Logitech's but decided nah. Also I've tried Sony's Gold and Platinum ones and don't like them as much in fit or sound.

Edit: that said, I still use wired most of the time.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 19, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

Probably not a big deal Headphone surround sound mostly seems like bullshit anyways.

People like to say that around the internet but it’s not true. It’s worth reading about because the way they pull it off is really interesting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Allright. Anyone have good headset recommendations? After Sony stone cold hosed me twice I'm never buying another headset from them again. The only thing is that I'm pretty set on wireless and don't want to spend more than 150 max, although $100 would be better . Something comparable in sound quality to the Platinums except actually reliable and not lovely would be ideal. Also something that works with a USB dongle that I could also use on Switch would be highly preferred.

I was looking at the Razer Man o War and the Turtle beach stealth 600s atm moment. Much prefer the look of the Razer headset but I guess the 7.1 doesn't work on PS4? Probably not a big deal Headphone surround sound mostly seems like bullshit anyways.

Razer stuff is terrible. Take a look at the Corsair HS70's instead. I use the wired HS60's for PC gaming, and they're great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

People like to say that around the internet but it’s not true. It’s worth reading about because the way they pull it off is really interesting.

My opinion about that is based on 5 years of Gold and Platinum headset ownership and using it myself, not the internet.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

My opinion about that is based on 5 years of Gold and Platinum headset ownership and using it myself, not the internet.

Gotcha. Interesting to me since I’ve been pinpointing stuff in CoD with surprising accuracy. It’s actually the only reason that I’ve been starting to enjoy Blackout more. It’s pretty satisfying to hide from someone who thinks they have the drop on you and be able to hear the exact path they walk to get to you.

I still suck at BR but :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have had Turtle Beach Stealth 400s, the predecessor of the 600s, for four years and they're still ace when I want to go wireless. They work perfectly on the Switch too.

Last week I thought about finally replacing them with maybe Logitech's but decided nah. Also I've tried Sony's Gold and Platinum ones and don't like them as much in fit or sound.

Edit: that said, I still use wired most of the time.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Razer stuff is terrible. Take a look at the Corsair HS70's instead. I use the wired HS60's for PC gaming, and they're great.

Sweet. Both sound promising with good price points. Do you know if the corsairs work wirelessly on switch Neddy?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Sweet. Both sound promising with good price points. Do you know if the corsairs work wirelessly on switch Neddy?

A quick google says... No the HS70's do not, sorry.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have had Turtle Beach Stealth 400s

Allright I think I'm sold on the 600s. One last question though. Do they have a 3.5mm jack in the rare event I want to use them on Xbox without buying the weird Xbox version?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Allright I think I'm sold on the 600s. One last question though. Do they have a 3.5mm jack in the rare event I want to use them on Xbox without buying the weird Xbox version?
I'm pretty sure they do, but I'll check when I get home.

Also the USB thing has an optical input so worst case you can just connect it to your TV or Xbox that way. No microphone in that case obviously though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool, thanks man.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Bombadilillo posted:

Strange Brigade?

A friend got it and wants to coop over holidays. Any experience? Games on sale but looks like a 35 season pass bait to me.

There's fun to be had with a friend. The campaign is cool, though you might tire of it before the end if your group sucks. Horde mode is fun. I am not sure what the player pop is on PS4 though. It was pretty low on Xbone after the first week of release, but got a second wind with Game Pass. My main problem with the game is how utterly weak the weapons feel and sound. Zombie Army Trilogy was punchier. It's around a 6.5 (5 is average for me).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bounced off Celeste for a couple weeks, came back and finished the first Chase with Badeline. Not only was the music great but I loved how it faded away as I got away from her.

Game is great but I gotta take it in small doses. This might be a while.

Edit: WOW.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 19, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hm I might have to reinstall Celeste this week for a final attempt at beating it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh. Then ok

How's that there strange brigade? On sale

I am loving the hell out of it. Feels like the additional DLC gives away a bit too much in terms of powerful guns that sort of wrecks the upgrade economy a bit, but the first ten hours have been fantastic.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. In RDR2 pigs eat dead people.

I shot a pig farmer because he was being an rear end in a top hat and like 5 pigs came out of the barn and started eating him :stare:

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Not to harp on this point but regarding the 4K thing from the past few pages: 4K is not a scam, but from what I've been able to observe, 4K from Amazon on the PS4 is... sort of a scam. Amazon has stuff listed at 4K (UHD) in their app, but when you actually play it on the PS4 it plays in 1080p (you can see on the pause menu). I've tested the same content with just the smart TV app on my TV and it plays at 4K.

I spent a whole night that I just wanted to watch an episode of Man In The High Castle troubleshooting and trying to figure out what the deal was (it was late and I wanted to use headphones) and could not find any way to actually watch Amazon content in 4K from the PS4. On the plus side in this personal mission I also realized that auto smoothing is a terrible feature and was able to turn it off and make my movies look normal again. Oh yeah and Vudu doesn't do 4K on the PS4 either, but they at least don't falsely advertise that they do.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat that’s some bullshit. But yeah I only use the TV’s built-in apps or my Fire TV for 4K/HDR films/movies, wouldn’t really trust a console app to be of the same quality.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I shot a pig farmer because he was being an rear end in a top hat and like 5 pigs came out of the barn and started eating him :stare:

Haha I’ve never noticed that!

One of my favorite little details is that corpses left in the wild will decompose and have animals eat them. I’ve also noticed that the construction projects around the world actually progress and get finished over time. Rockstar owns.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haha I’ve never noticed that!

One of my favorite little details is that corpses left in the wild will decompose and have animals eat them. I’ve also noticed that the construction projects around the world actually progress and get finished over time. Rockstar owns.

Sure, but there's like 6 of them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

veni veni veni posted:

Allright. Anyone have good headset recommendations?

Check out the Lucidsound LS30s. The LS40 is the surround sound variety but I feel in headsets it’s a waste and stereo works just fine for directional surround. I guess they have other newer models but not sure what the difference is. I’ve tried a lot of PS4 headsets and ended up going back to my LS30s.

I wrote a huge effort post about it all, should be here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804356&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post488870291

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Steve Yun posted:

Bounced off Celeste for a couple weeks, came back and finished the first Chase with Badeline. Not only was the music great but I loved how it faded away as I got away from her.

Game is great but I gotta take it in small doses. This might be a while.

Edit: WOW.

This bit really hurt

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUynRdzzsM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am on holiday and have decided to finish up a few things in Yakuza 0. I now own all of the first four billionaire properties with all of them at a and s rank :D

Just waiting on the money to collect so I can start on the media king! I did the fortune teller quest and something just clicked that huge grade school kid with the blonde hair is the person on the box art for kiwami 2 I think? I had a look at the cases to see what Majima looked like and he seems to only be on 0. I do not quite recognise who is next to Kiryu on kiwami 1 but the only character with blonde hair is on the kiwami 2 box. :D

No idea what the eight kids means though!