Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

zxqv8 posted:

Also, prophecies don't stack, and there isn't a currency slot dedicated to them.

I'm late but I feel like divination tabs should also take prophecies. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

pokchu posted:

Reposting for Night Crew:

Hey everyone, the Backup guild is FULL at 100 members, and as such I think we really need a global channel to use in order to keep the groups together and not feeling like second class citizens.

It's not as if the "main guild" has much of an advantage, since someone keeps vendoring the gstash.

/global 5555 is going well! It's great! We're hanging out and helping each other.

It's Great. I am engaging with my favourite brands while posting with friends

Essential
Aug 14, 2003
I'm level 77 and just did my first Ascendancy and boy does it really help. It seems to add a lot of power. Is this something that's typically done at the appropriate levels?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Arrhythmia posted:

I'ncredibly true

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Essential posted:

I'm level 77 and just did my first Ascendancy and boy does it really help. It seems to add a lot of power. Is this something that's typically done at the appropriate levels?

Usually they recommend you do it when you are 3-5 levels above the recommended for the appropriate labyrinth but you could realistically do it at the recommended level if you're good and have decent gear for your level imo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm late but I feel like divination tabs should also take prophecies. :shrug:

Dealing with sealed properties isn't all that common though

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uhhhh what the heck happened here

did i get a visit from santa claws

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

uhhhh what the heck happened here

did i get a visit from santa claws

Some packs of mobs have a modifier that causes them to all drop the same item.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

whypick1 posted:

Dealing with sealed properties isn't all that common though

I mean yeah, that just seems like the logical place for them to go to me and it would be a neat little thing.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Arrhythmia posted:

So which brand is your favorite? Armageddon or Storm?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

aejix posted:

Some packs of mobs have a modifier that causes them to all drop the same item.

Huh, somehow I've never seen that before.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

global 5555 is the correct chat channel!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JerryLee posted:

I'm leveling Storm right now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Storm because I am a T H I C C R F J U G G and it procs EE and EO very nicely.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

Usually they recommend you do it when you are 3-5 levels above the recommended for the appropriate labyrinth but you could realistically do it at the recommended level if you're good and have decent gear for your level imo.

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm going to finish these up as they should help me push past tier 2 maps.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

Huh, somehow I've never seen that before.

Does anyone know if this can happen with Shaper/Elder base item drops as well?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Drops and the market have been going smoothly this league for me.

I still do the chaos recipe, I just dump everything of potential value into tabs while mapping and then ID everything when it gets full and then just sell set after set and pick out the occasional small armor piece or jewelry with max life/resist/damage rolls for a exalt.

this is either a standard stash or you have bought currency with chaos, and got some insane drops along the way. There is no way someone has 1200 tp scrolls and wisdom scrolls unless they are a flipper or have used chaos to buy them or have not stopped playing since betrayl. What's your characters /played?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

obligatory "where are your mirrors, scrub" post

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
guess the current flipping bot is working out well for him. it uses screen detection so you'd technically only get banned if you ran it 24/7.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Drops and the market have been going smoothly this league for me.

I still do the chaos recipe, I just dump everything of potential value into tabs while mapping and then ID everything when it gets full and then just sell set after set and pick out the occasional small armor piece or jewelry with max life/resist/damage rolls for a exalt.

erase the 31 ex and it looks like someone who actually "does the chaos recipe and picks everything up"

you are either dramatically underestimating how lucky your drops have been, or you are 100% full of poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
PoE flex

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Just in time.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Level 89 now, I alch all my yellows. Atlas progression is really slow this league

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

West007 posted:

Level 89 now, I alch all my yellows. Atlas progression is really slow this league

what in tarnation

i am notoriously bad at atlas and have been on the record complaining numerous times about it, but this league is like, insane with the amount of maps it gives out

horizon orbs + harbinger orbs + "ask another human being to get a completion" + zana maps every day

you also have tons of white maps, have you vendored some to get the ones youre missing?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Think I have done all the vendor recipe ones already, ill check later. I'm planning to write up all maps i'm missing for completion in t3-7 and buy in bulk from someone to at least get completion.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone done the math out to figure out if a 26% + 14% mastercraft quality armor is easier to 6 link than a regular 26% one?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
That's what my atlas would look like if I didn't buy all the missing maps.

KoldPT posted:

Has anyone done the math out to figure out if a 26% + 14% mastercraft quality armor is easier to 6 link than a regular 26% one?

Why would 40% *not* be easier to link than 26%?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Arrhythmia posted:

Keep in mind that this absolutely cannot price rares accurately at all, you would be more accurate just making up a number.
Pricing rares in PoE is full of so many suffixes, prefixes, implicits and tier ranges that also combine with a constantly changing meta that's always being stirred up by new gems, new uniques, and new flavour of the month builds that it's an impossible mess of combinatorial madness and even after playing not-entirely-casually* for several years I still can't get much beyond "lots of life + tri-resist = gud" and "a whole bunch of attack mods on a weapon with a %damage roll above 150% = also gud"

This is probably why the tiny amount of money I make every league mostly comes from div cards, uniques and literal exalts that just drop onto the floor. But christ it's just impossible to keep track of and there are hardly any rules of thumb. Or maybe I'm just dumb idk

*I have a family and a job but still manage to play pretty often

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zephro posted:

Pricing rares in PoE is full of so many suffixes, prefixes, implicits and tier ranges that also combine with a constantly changing meta that's always being stirred up by new gems, new uniques, and new flavour of the month builds that it's an impossible mess of combinatorial madness and even after playing not-entirely-casually* for several years I still can't get much beyond "lots of life + tri-resist = gud" and "a whole bunch of attack mods on a weapon with a %damage roll above 150% = also gud"

to be fair, again, the odds of successfully identifying a good (20c+) unique you find on the ground is so astronomically low you dont lose much just skipping all of them except t15+ maps and shaper/elder rares. If you only ID those and nothing else, you'll probably be richer than the goon who id's every ring hoping for one with trires and life. this is why many loot filters have more strict versions that filter out the stuff you shouldn't ID. not because it's always valueless, but because it probably is.

50 life / 120 res rings are already only 4c. think of how many rings are worse than that you find

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Small question regarding Winter's Orb;
I'm running WO / GMP / Controlled Destruction / Effi / Ice Bite.
As a 6th link, I added Cold Penetration.

Is this roughly correct? Should I add increased duration instead of something else?
I play an Inq, but with the defensive talents. Not the crit ones.
Playing EO.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Speaking of guides, people illustrating their builds for this league would not be amiss.

I know some people are doing Cool poo poo, and that's something I'd like to see.

Ice nova totem heiro/pathfinder scion which I converted into mathil's ice spear totem except with gloomfang.

Doryani's Fist ignite elementalist (CI). Using aof, cold to fire, and cotb until I can use a stormfire.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I'm having trouble with red map sustain this league (yes, I know, I don't need the lecture on how it's Actually Very Easy, I've had a terrible run of luck) how bad of an idea is it to yank all the T10s out of my inventory and slam the run-as-shaped Zana mod? A random as-shaped "T15" for 6c doesn't seem like a terrible idea compared to a chiseled/alched/zana modded actual T15 for maybe 15c. Probably slower to make currency in, but I might make some of that time back not stressing out about my loving map pool.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Acht posted:

Small question regarding Winter's Orb;
I'm running WO / GMP / Controlled Destruction / Effi / Ice Bite.
As a 6th link, I added Cold Penetration.

Is this roughly correct? Should I add increased duration instead of something else?
I play an Inq, but with the defensive talents. Not the crit ones.
Playing EO.

You should take the offensive talents, the defensive ones kinda suck.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

If I'm having trouble with red map sustain this league (yes, I know, I don't need the lecture on how it's Actually Very Easy, I've had a terrible run of luck) how bad of an idea is it to yank all the T10s out of my inventory and slam the run-as-shaped Zana mod? A random as-shaped "T15" for 6c doesn't seem like a terrible idea compared to a chiseled/alched/zana modded actual T15 for maybe 15c. Probably slower to make currency in, but I might make some of that time back not stressing out about my loving map pool.

Its not the worst idea but you and the other people should seriously consider sharing maps. Idk why goon guilds even exist when no one shares loving map completions lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean i'm at 140% map completion, i just ran my entire stash of T16s/T15s/T14s (like 20-25 of em?) fully chiseled and rerolled for decent quant and didn't get a single drop above T13. i might go and buy a lottery ticket or something and see where all my luck went.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Dance Officer posted:

You should take the offensive talents, the defensive ones kinda suck.

I play on HC and they seem really good for that so far. Any particular reason they suck?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I never thought about this until just now since I'm using Carcass Jack myself, but I guess 6L rare chests that have the space for crafting now includes throwing on a %quality craft first, then taking it off when you're done huh. That seems kinda weird if it works (and I don't see why it wouldn't) in so many ways. Like how linking rare chests becomes much easier than linking uniques. Or how you kinda want 5-mod rares with space for a quality craft over 6-mod rares even if the 6th mod is useful even beyond the flexibility of crafted mods. Or how you're even more incentivized to wait to try and 6L until you have tons of fuses and a very good chance of succeeding, rather than just saving up 100 or so and throwing them on, because swapping crafts can quickly end up costing a decent chunk of chaos.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

I never thought about this until just now since I'm using Carcass Jack myself, but I guess 6L rare chests that have the space for crafting now includes throwing on a %quality craft first, then taking it off when you're done huh. That seems kinda weird if it works (and I don't see why it wouldn't) in so many ways. Like how linking rare chests becomes much easier than linking uniques. Or how you kinda want 5-mod rares with space for a quality craft over 6-mod rares even if the 6th mod is useful even beyond the flexibility of crafted mods. Or how you're even more incentivized to wait to try and 6L until you have tons of fuses and a very good chance of succeeding, rather than just saving up 100 or so and throwing them on, because swapping crafts can quickly end up costing a decent chunk of chaos.

Yep, that's what I'm feeling like right now. Probably gonna drop some 50c in fusings to add to the ones I've already got and hope to get that easy 6-link so I can start fossil crafting with Dense fossils. Even for a "final" mod, quality is still pretty great for ES builds, since it's yet another way to stack ES - I suppose that's why the Int+Quality craft costs a whole rear end exalted.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

That player is out of your league (and you know it)

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

horizon orbs + harbinger orbs + "ask another human being to get a completion" + zana maps every day

I’m too cheap to use a horizon and harbinger orb on yellows.