Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Just learning now that we can even switch the vulnerabilities at all. The game just never loving communicates this poo poo. I thought it shifted randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So if we're a gunslinger cowboy and fighting some kind of giant arachnid, does this mean it's gone from being Fortuna to being Wild Wild West?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Has there been an overhaul with how +ability range mods work in the last 2 years? I used to play Saryn and just stack it and watch as a single popped orb infested half the map but now that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Saryn works differently https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Saryn#Patch%20History

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Saryn has been reworked somewhat recently, a few months ago.

She still loves range though, shoot for 250% or 280%. Spore got changed quite a bit. Things with spores on them no longer spread the spore when they die IF they die to spore damage, except for the initial target of any spore cast which will spread spores if they die to spores. Spore damage ramps up over time now, with a ceiling for growth rate but none for tick damage. It just grows forever now, and you spread it by killing anyone infected with spores. Doesn't matter what you kill them with, teammate kills and damage spread them too.

You can no longer cast Spore on Molt.

It does corrosive instead of viral damage now, and Miasma does viral instead of corrosive.

So she has to ramp up a little bit now but Saryn still wipes maps quick

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ah alright, thanks. Just gotta change how I tackle it then. I thought the little infected UI element was from the mission :v:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Oh also, Toxic Lash applies to both guns and melee now, and it's bonus damage is doubled on melee.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Being hit with Miasma means the spores will spread on death!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Being hit with Miasma means the spores will spread on death!

i did not know that

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The new shield looks like a Duel Disc. I'm going to get the Limbo Deluxe set when it gets here and only use the Tarot Card secondary and that weapon. Gonna show the Grineer the Heart of the Cards.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

clone on the phone posted:

Yeah I found Ticker after I posted!

On a farming related note, how does the new mining work? Do I just point my mining laser at the glowing points?

Point laser at glowing points, hold until you are within the bracketed area, release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-l1wFTeS0&t=43s

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah and toxic lash means melee strikes will instantly pop the zits.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah I found Ticker after I posted!

On a farming related note, how does the new mining work? Do I just point my mining laser at the glowing points?

Aim for the center of the brackets when you release the charge, that seems to give more gems. If there's a second, smaller bracket, try to hit that instead as it gives bonus gems, often one of the high value ones.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Victory Position posted:

TENNOBAUM! It's back again, and in spirit of delivering gifts to deliver the gift of untold savagery to the solar system, I've got a few prime sets I'd like to give out!

For this round of holiday giveaways, either quote this post or respond with WHERE'S MESA PRIME to take a chance to win:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

And for the folks that already have all of these, your choice of a slot expansion or a potato of choice! In addition, each of the lucky prime winners will also receive a potato of their choice!

'Tis the time for merriment and massacre, so let's get this show on the road!

I don't have any of those, and haven't logged in to try farming Mesa yet, so WHERE'S MESA PRIME?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Ahh, thanks for the vid!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

super sweet best pal posted:

Aim for the center of the brackets when you release the charge, that seems to give more gems. If there's a second, smaller bracket, try to hit that instead as it gives bonus gems, often one of the high value ones.

To expand on this, try to aim for the dash mark before the center of the bracket, as I've found this most often gives a perfect 5 stars. It's counter intuitive but it seems to work. On smaller brackets, this can mean you stopping on the first third and it gives 5 stars.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.

Gonkish posted:

Just learning now that we can even switch the vulnerabilities at all. The game just never loving communicates this poo poo. I thought it shifted randomly.

Ok, how though?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Victory Position posted:

TENNOBAUM! It's back again, and in spirit of delivering gifts to deliver the gift of untold savagery to the solar system, I've got a few prime sets I'd like to give out!

For this round of holiday giveaways, either quote this post or respond with WHERE'S MESA PRIME to take a chance to win:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

And for the folks that already have all of these, your choice of a slot expansion or a potato of choice! In addition, each of the lucky prime winners will also receive a potato of their choice!

WHERE'S MESA rear end PRIME

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Victory Position posted:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

A S S L E S S C H A P S

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Victory Position posted:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

WHERE'S MESA PRIME

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMASHAPPY HOLIDAYS

FREE poo poo.

Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA | TomatoSaucy | etripz
reactor or catalyst | Estel |
frame slot | ABigDumbBus | PropagandaHour | ewolf20 | shutteredin | KaronaFalseGod
(2x) inventory slots | AugustusLove
Riven slots Slothybara
Saryn Prime Relic Pack draugalen
Tigris Prime MelvinBison
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime TuxedoCatfish
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime Chefbot
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

You must be under MR16. PC only, natch.

Choose one. Reply to this and say what you want, including your IGN.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 19, 2018

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

WHERE'S MESA PRIME

Ign. Is Iskenderun and if I am so lucky I would love the Tigris, its children are my favourite weapons.

This game is too good I've spend like all my free time for the last month and a half playing it.

E: Would anyone like the Nova Prime parts who hasn't already made one? I'll also buy you a potato and an exilus you may use at your discretion.

Kobogartimer fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 19, 2018

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Victory Position posted:

A Galatine Prime set!
A Tigris Prime set!
A Helios Prime set!

I know quoting means I don't need to say it, but I wanna be cool, so... WHERE'S MESA PRIME

ign is gwprime and I've got a helios prime already.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

alphabettitouretti posted:

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

Hydroid Prime please, I wanna be the best pirate.

MR9 and ign is: Spuckuk

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

I can run you through the bounties and even give you the gems.

Are you on PC?

not now currently.

also I got some noobie news

• I maxed out my iron shrapnel and now I'm wondering what other mods might make my rhino more resilient.
  • what's a good enough weapon to kill sentients. I wanna complete that part of the quest where you gotta kill off mimics in order to get to umbra
  • I'm gonna get some more plat through trade or something. I'm thinking of saving my wallet until the eventual steam sale. (the reason I need some plat is so I get the prime versions of mag, rhino, and mirage).
  • next week means winter break where I am so I got a lot of time to grind!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fruity20 posted:

not now currently.

also I got some noobie news

• I maxed out my iron shrapnel and now I'm wondering what other mods might make my rhino more resilient.

Ironclad Charge. Gives 50% armor bonus when you charge. Can give ridiculous armor numbers when you trigger iron skin after using it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fruity20 posted:

• what's a good enough weapon to kill sentients. I wanna complete that part of the quest where you gotta kill off mimics in order to get to umbra
  • I'm gonna get some more plat through trade or something. I'm thinking of saving my wallet until the eventual steam sale. (the reason I need some plat is so I get the prime versions of mag, rhino, and mirage).

1. Ironclad Charge. Charge into a crowd to buff up your armor, then cast iron skin to get extra beefy. You also want all of the power strength because it makes literally everything you do better.

2. A Hek will do a decent enough job, but zapping them with your operator is the best way to take care of them. If you have a real amp you can easily just kill them with that, but void damage will reset their resistances even if you're still stuck on the mote amp.

3. Prime Access doesn't get discounted, and the packages they do offer at a discount during steam sales still aren't really worth it compared to a decent login coupon unless they hit like 75% off, imo.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

HELLO can I have the Valk prime please? Want to see what she's all about. IGN Olagoob

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

bah would love mirage but im still only rank 5, rip.

i think the most useful to me right now would be a warframe slot or a forma 3 pack. name is AwesomeSA

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

Tigris Prime, since I want my own Super Shotgun.
NVM I'm only MR10 so I'll take Mirage Prime instead

IGN: Chefbot

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 19, 2018

Rarden
May 20, 2012

FREE poo poo.

(3x) Forma 3-pack
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime

I'd like the Tiberon Prime, please. IGN: Rarden

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Mesa Prime is *gorgeous*

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

FREE poo poo.

(2x) Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

Free, my favorite kind of poo poo.

IGN TomatoSaucy

I'm chewing though a lot of forma at the moment, so a three pack would not go astray.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
e: scratch that!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SadisTech posted:

Mesa Prime is *gorgeous*

btw I feel like they nerfed her rear end, which is good! the trailer made it look too round and shiny, now it's just regular

also her shoulders are perfect, havent found a single attachment that would improve her

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

SadisTech posted:

Mesa Prime is *gorgeous*

Yeah she is. I'm really happy that her cloth stuff is reduced to her legs. Warframe is really pushing my clipping tolerance sometimes

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SadisTech posted:

Mesa Prime is *gorgeous*

This is like something from The Fifth Element

Take that as you wish.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Helter Skelter posted:

1. Ironclad Charge. Charge into a crowd to buff up your armor, then cast iron skin to get extra beefy. You also want all of the power strength because it makes literally everything you do better.

2. A Hek will do a decent enough job, but zapping them with your operator is the best way to take care of them. If you have a real amp you can easily just kill them with that, but void damage will reset their resistances even if you're still stuck on the mote amp.

3. Prime Access doesn't get discounted, and the packages they do offer at a discount during steam sales still aren't really worth it compared to a decent login coupon unless they hit like 75% off, imo.

I meant for the games steam sales not the warframe discounts :) but thanks anyways. I've been trying to level up my amp too but I just can't seem to get it to level up faster. someone suggested I do dolon hunts possibly. i've also been meaning to get some new powers once I get the narmon lens.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

FREE poo poo.

(1x) Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA | TomatoSaucy
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime Chefbot
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

Tigris Prime if you would.
IGN: MelvinBison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

FREE poo poo.

(1x) Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA | TomatoSaucy
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack
Tigris Prime
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime Chefbot
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

Saryn Prime relics please!

IGN: draugalen