Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1075234447753121792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Feldegast42 posted:

The funny bit is that any war where we would actually need to use the horrendously bloated military and military equipment we have created would be over in precisely one hour

I don't think so, Tim. Have you forgotten all the poo poo going on in Iraq and Afghanistan since, oh, 2003-ish

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The people who say stuff like this earnestly believe that the likes of Rachel Maddow and John Oliver are the inverse equivalent of Tucker.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SocketWrench posted:

I don't think so, Tim. Have you forgotten all the poo poo going on in Iraq and Afghanistan since, oh, 2003-ish

When was the last time the F-35 went on a combat mission

Also I'm split on leaving Syria because holy poo poo we need to do that, but then the moment we leave the Kurds get mega hosed. :(

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Feldegast42 posted:

When was the last time the F-35 went on a combat mission

When was the first?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

SocketWrench posted:

As much as it already is a generational blood bath, he is sort of right that if we went fully in to annihilate anything living there, we could at least accomplish that total genocide. But doing that would shed any nobility of our already unmoral cause and probably trigger a world war.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SocketWrench posted:

When was the first?

I think it has actually flown a few, but :thejoke:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075404434862235649

lol

i wanted to close it, which is why i was using hundreds of thousands donated to it for political rallies

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^And seven bucks for muh boy's Boy Scout registration

Crabtree posted:

As much as it already is a generational blood bath, he is sort of right that if we went fully in to annihilate anything living there, we could at least accomplish that total genocide. But doing that would shed any nobility of our already unmoral cause and probably trigger a world war.

Yeah, but as you said, that's not how wars are fought in the modern day. There's more factors involved than "Curbstomp X region till it's a crater filled void"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075404434862235649

lol

i wanted to close it, which is why i was using hundreds of thousands donated to it for political rallies

We all know that Trump is very concerned about his business ventures being caught up in his politics.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if only donald trump had a lawyer who would tell him to not go out of his way to piss off the New York Attorney General, the single person most dangerous to his company and his spawn's entire future

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075406772368785408

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So is there still the chance of criminal charges of any kind for the officers of the Trump Foundation or is the dissolution all we're getting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

A 1974 New York state ban on nunchucks that was put into place over fears that youth inspired by martial arts movies would create widespread mayhem is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment, a federal court has ruled.

the gears of justice may move slowly, but they're moving

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
The Myth of Paul Ryan is a real knee slapper, please read: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-myth-of-paul-ryan

If only Robert Frost were alive to deliver this before the eyes of the nation...

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

New Yorkers will be very conflicted about the effects of the 2016 election if it results in Trump’s ouster from the city after all this time.

(Not seriously but my god is he a joke and a boil on nyc’s rear end)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1075408509766897666

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Boycotting the advertisers of a white supremacist is infringing on freedom of speech :qq:" brought to you in good faith by the people that were throwing their keurig's off their patios.

It's much more troubling when that comes from people like Nate Silver who should know better.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Skippy McPants posted:

The people who say stuff like this earnestly believe that the likes of Rachel Maddow and John Oliver are the inverse equivalent of Tucker.

I read it more ironically, like how far-left shows don't actually exist, similar to the conversation earlier about how there aren't really any "too left" shows for advertisers to even hypothetically leave.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is the stupidest way to conduct government.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That's Republicanism for ya!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ahahahaha!!

McConnell not ready to drive off the cliff for old Trumpy yet

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I guess the slush fund fell through.

Well, I am sure McConnell will get a better deal in February when the Republicans *checks notes* lose a chamber?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I guess the slush fund fell through.

Well, I am sure McConnell will get a better deal in February when the Republicans *checks notes* lose a chamber?

I bet they're hoping that they can get dems to own the next shutdown.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

:qq: more, Donny.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eke out posted:

if only donald trump had a lawyer who would tell him to not go out of his way to piss off the New York Attorney General, the single person most dangerous to his company and his spawn's entire future

You're right, Donny, she DID campaign on a "GET TRUMP" agenda, and it was so popular in New York that she won going away.

What do you think that means for you?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Peacoffee posted:

New Yorkers will be very conflicted about the effects of the 2016 election if it results in Trump’s ouster from the city after all this time.

(Not seriously but my god is he a joke and a boil on nyc’s rear end)

On the bright side he can't crash any events, either because security won't let him or the sudden security wave would give enough alert to block the fucker

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Rubio out here arguing for continued presence in Syria:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1075411527933550592

e. Graham too

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1075407801327984641

Frabba fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 19, 2018

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CascadeBeta posted:

It's truly phenomenal that this is just how our government works now. Constantly staggering from budget crisis to budget crisis, perpetually one rear end in a top hat away from everything falling to pieces.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

CascadeBeta posted:

Yep.

Although that will require Trump to be quiet about wanting one when he is incredibly easy to bait.

Vile Pilot
Jan 19, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I posted this in the political cartoon thread, but I thought I would run it by here as well. I'm in the process of making a short CG political cartoon and want some feedback on the idea.

There is a guy sitting at a computer in a messy basement bedroom with a neckbeard, fedora, and a "thot patrol" t shirt. Suddenly there is a glow from offscreen, it is God Emperor Trump. Trump looks around the room and there is a poster with "no hymen no diamond" on it, some anime girl posters, and an anime body pillow. Trump looks around again and there is a kekistan flag on the wall and stack of dirty plates with a cat licking them. God Emperor Trump then says "It's very sad".

Is this a good idea or should I not waste my time on it?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vile Pilot posted:

I posted this in the political cartoon thread, but I thought I would run it by here as well. I'm in the process of making a short CG political cartoon and want some feedback on the idea.

There is a guy sitting at a computer in a messy basement bedroom with a neckbeard, fedora, and a "thot patrol" t shirt. Suddenly there is a glow from offscreen, it is God Emperor Trump. Trump looks around the room and there is a poster with "no hymen no diamond" on it, some anime girl posters, and an anime body pillow. Trump looks around again and there is a kekistan flag on the wall and stack of dirty plates with a cat licking them. God Emperor Trump then says "It's very sad".

Is this a good idea or should I not waste my time on it?
equating fascism with shorthand like neckbeards, fedoras, and liking art made by japanese people is the laziest shortcut to 'political commentary' there is

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So is this a Mission Accomplished moment or are they being warhawks?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

we created isis and these fuckers are doing everything in their power to make sure more and more spring up.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Frabba posted:

Rubio out here arguing for continued presence in Syria:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1075411527933550592

"Too complex to outline in a tweet" Zinger at Trump.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

eke out posted:

yeah "other empires will win instead!" is really not a convincing argument for why we shouldn't withdraw from a colonial proxy war

I would have agreed with this before we got involved, but now that we are there, we have a moral obligation to at least maintain a peacekeeping presence. If not US forces, then at least under the UN banner.

With the U.S. gone, Turkey/Syria now have free reign to do what they have always wanted. Slaughter Kurds. Slaughter the last of the rebellion in Idlib.Create more refugees, more suffering. This is not a good thing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is this a Mission Accomplished moment or are they being warhawks?
I’m pretty sure Graham can only climax when we are at war. He is one of the top war hawks in Congress.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

eke out posted:

Running on a campaign to "lock up" political enemies???? *hmmmface*

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I would have agreed with this before we got involved, but now that we are there, we have a moral obligation to at least maintain a peacekeeping presence. If not US forces, then at least under the UN banner.

With the U.S. gone, Turkey/Syria now have free reign to do what they have always wanted. Slaughter Kurds. Slaughter the last of the rebellion in Idlib.Create more refugees, more suffering. This is not a good thing.
Death is going to happen whether we are there or not. Afghanistan even after 17 years of constant conflict and our support is basically no better off than before. Iraq and Libya are both much worse off now than before we got involved.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Endorph posted:

equating fascism with shorthand like neckbeards, fedoras, and liking art made by japanese people is the laziest shortcut to 'political commentary' there is

Sorry about your hobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solaris 2.0 posted:

too bad. we got involved too late. we're only going to make things worse (as we already have). there's no isis to come in if we didn't invade iraq.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 19, 2018