Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Clownshoe is in the advent calendar for 7,800 gold. Was that thing still good?

It's great if you're top tier. I bounced over 4k damage from a T32 shooting gold APCR in mine yesterday while I was trying to do the block damage Christmas mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SocketWrench posted:

Probably, if all you ever face is same tier or lower which is a "lol nope". But this applies to a lot of poo poo

So what's the deal? Premium pen not high enough? DPM too low?
I thought it had some niche uses due to its stupid turret armor and ability to fight on ridges because of a well-angled UFP or something?

quote:

Now that wheeled vehicles are a thing, I'll bet a bunch of dudes try to jump that bridge with the boost

Someone earlier posted that you can no longer jump off the bridge, because Wargaming.

Ancillary question: I'm apparently an idiot that can't use the 3D model interface on tanks.gg properly. How do you "lock" the turret/gun orientation after adjusting it, so you can rotate the model and check out effective armor like Quickybaby and Circon do in their reviews? I know how to adjust the orientation with the little thing in the lower left, but I can't figure out how to move my mouse out of it with the desired angle/orientation locked without it snapping somewhere else again as I move my mouse out of the circle to check out the armor layout.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Tier 9 and 10 guns go through it like a hot knife through butter.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Clownshoe is in the advent calendar for 7,800 gold. Was that thing still good?
It's good in the sense that it has preferential MM, other than that it doesn't seem too special or intimidating. I rarely see these things in a battle, and even when I do they're almost invariably driven by baddies which isn't really doing the tank's reputation any favours either.

That being said, I'm probably going to find myself getting one anyway because even though I know it'll be played about three times before the game implodes, this Christmas poo poo has left me with a big pile of gold that I'll only waste on camouflaging my dusty old low-tiers and I could do with a premium US heavy that doesn't see Tier X all loving day (even if it is a bit useless as a full crew trainer).

Sidenote:
Now that I'm reaching Tier VIII/IX on every branch of the US tree it dawns on me that other than the Sheridan line, the crew layouts and consistency between tiers at this point is an absolutely loving horrendous mess compared to other nations, with the T1 -> T110E5 line probably being the worst offender. Two gunners, then two loaders, then dropping the operator completely before telling the second loader to gently caress off too? Jesus Christ. Just to rub it in the options for crew trainers are a bit of a joke too, with mismatching and spare positions everywhere.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ancillary question: I'm apparently an idiot that can't use the 3D model interface on tanks.gg properly. How do you "lock" the turret/gun orientation after adjusting it, so you can rotate the model and check out effective armor like Quickybaby and Circon do in their reviews? I know how to adjust the orientation with the little thing in the lower left, but I can't figure out how to move my mouse out of it with the desired angle/orientation locked without it snapping somewhere else again as I move my mouse out of the circle to check out the armor layout.

I've never been able to figure this out either.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Barry posted:

I've never been able to figure this out either.

You just click leftmouse while the cursor is in that region when you have the required angle/pitch :downs:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

You just click leftmouse while the cursor is in that region when you have the required angle/pitch :downs:

This does not work for me.

Clicking does nothing, and the second I try to move my mouse out of the circle, the angle/orientation of the gun is adjusted. Click-dragging, shift-clicking, alt-clicking, ctrl-clicking, or even doing all of that with the right mouse button also does nothing.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Bought 25 boxes, got the M4, the IS-3A, the Prototipa and the Defender along with some skins, 9000 gold and a whole slew of credits. Considering I already have the E 25 and the Skorp I'm pretty happy with this.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This does not work for me.

Clicking does nothing, and the second I try to move my mouse out of the circle, the angle/orientation of the gun is adjusted. Click-dragging, shift-clicking, alt-clicking, ctrl-clicking, or even doing all of that with the right mouse button also does nothing.

Same. I'm pretty sure everyone else uses Chrome so I doubt it's that, not sure what else it might be.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
After not giving WG money in god knows how many years, I succumbed. No IS-3A, but 25 box haul gave me KV-220-2, Skorpion, Defender, some IS-7 style, 8250 gold and 25 days of premium, so still obviously better than just buying gold from the store. Took the Skorpion for a test drive and it didn't feel like a balanced tank either, so IS-3A must be something else.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Powercreep has always been a thing in this game, and pay-to-win also was always part of the equation to some extent, but the latter part started getting out of control in the last two years, and the former just blasted off into the stratosphere with the 130-PM and the IS-3A.

One is a broken tank that pretty much everyone has due to the marathon, and the other is actually beyond the words broken.

If they don't unfuck the new-player-experience (tm), and the announced changes for 2019 don't bring about a significant shift, this game simply has got to die inside the next two years or something.

I got to like 80% off on the Su and then forgot to buy it and now i can't lol.

Sayara posted:

After not giving WG money in god knows how many years, I succumbed. No IS-3A, but 25 box haul gave me KV-220-2, Skorpion, Defender, some IS-7 style, 8250 gold and 25 days of premium, so still obviously better than just buying gold from the store. Took the Skorpion for a test drive and it didn't feel like a balanced tank either, so IS-3A must be something else.

The skorp is the most played tank in the entire game. That should tell you enough.

Also I've never won a Kolabanovs medal.

Still haven't. I can't even get mad at this.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4679211#arctic_region-bhyo-centurion_mk_7_1

Yes I know I hosed up by not chasing him down etc etc etc but lol still.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 19, 2018

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

Now that's how you statbad.
Sure if you're a try hard with more money than sense.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Whoever designed Cliff should be loving thrown off one.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I thought it had some niche uses due to its stupid turret armor and ability to fight on ridges because of a well-angled UFP or something?

Stupid overall armor. The turret front and the front hull are equally as thick. Something most tanks can claim. The lfp is still that bullshit rounded steel that the shermans and others of that era had. Aka, it zips up to like 1k effective plating. DPM isn't great, but this tank was supposed to be a pre-order unique tank. Due to the rarity of it showing up in battles, no one has had a real chance to learn how to fight them. So they keep shooting around looking for a weakpoint which it doesn't really have. It also has prefMM. In the old days, I'd argue prefmm was the dumbest buff to give it. I've gotten steel wall with mine in a t10 match before. And our team had a living maus at the end of the match as well. I farmed it from an is-7 that could not pen my to save his life. Just give that front a slight angle and you'll bounce a hilarious amount of poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Whoever designed Cliff should be loving thrown off one.

Overlord is worse. And whoever decided that ensk should still be available in t8+ matches should also be shot. That map is very much unfun at those tiers.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4679950#glacier-mariuslecter-object_430

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why the gently caress are there two servers on NA again jesus loving poo poo fuckers

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Why the gently caress are there two servers on NA again jesus loving poo poo fuckers

We need somewhere to stick the Brazilians.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

We need somewhere to stick the Brazilians.

They already have a BR server!!!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I got to like 80% off on the Su and then forgot to buy it and now i can't lol.

This happened to me on the Progetto marathon, except at 50% I think. I was already bummed by that.

Also:

I activated 300% XP and crew-XP boosters, a tale in two pictures.

:downs:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm still laughing at getting blind shot clicked 3 seconds away from a Kolabanovs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Never mind, 2 hours of boosters turned out pretty okay. Might cram in another set later to see if THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY

Also, the results with stacked 300% XP and crew-XP boosters, plus the 50% ones from the christmas event, plus the 15% ones to credit and xp that I got from something else (and those last till the end of december, I think) are absolutely crazy.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yeah these booster plus the xmas gayness makes good exp I even played the Black Prince awhile and inched closer to a super conq but lol gently caress that tank with every match having 3 arty

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

I'm still laughing at getting blind shot clicked 3 seconds away from a Kolabanovs.

we've all learned a valuable lesson about CAPFAST

or maybe that's just me, I hate capping about as much as I hate shooting HE, and my average cap points shows it

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BadLlama posted:

I get a low single digit ping on East. :smith:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I get low ping on east but it's a little higher on Central or whatever. Also posting for cool tank icon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Platooned with Rossmum for a bit this morning, the usually fair of disapointment and frustration.
We got the Polish map, Studzianki, and got rushed by a Type 4 rolling across the river bed unopposed and all the enemy mediums and lights. We exited out and assumed a loss.

We do one more match that ends horribly and we call it, the Studzianki match is still going.
I go to make some rice and eggs and I came back to my laptop to this-

I have no words.
Poet. Shoulda sent one.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EU games right about now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Bought the Progetto with gold. I don't have any other Italian tanks so vOv.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

we've all learned a valuable lesson about CAPFAST

or maybe that's just me, I hate capping about as much as I hate shooting HE, and my average cap points shows it

I don't cap unless I have to. If I see my team getting smeared chasing down the last couple I'll hit the cap, or if I'm in a stupid slow heavy and just too far away from the fight to get to it in time.
I absolutely hate it when the scrubs hit it when we're mopping the floor with the other team, and lol watching all the lights die rushing the cap from the start on encounter

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is that Italian premium worth it? I got 7k gold and if I get another Christmas $20 package that should get me to 11k.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

Is that Italian premium worth it? I got 7k gold and if I get another Christmas $20 package that should get me to 11k.

I justified it in the sense that the Italian line is all mediums. It does seem like a "hard mode" premium, though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I justified it in the sense that the Italian line is all mediums. It does seem like a "hard mode" premium, though.

Meh, it seems like a bizarre auto loader. I loved all the tanks that have that feature so I think this will be silimar.

Hopefully

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The Progetto is so good and incredibly fun to play

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Barry posted:

The Progetto is so good and incredibly fun to play

Not sure if sarcastic...

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Absolutely not. It's seriously great.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The progetto is great also probably one of the best T8 for frontline.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah the progetto owns

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thank ya Goons.

Here I am putting more money in to this loving game.

I am the problem.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The progetto is probably the best tier 8 medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I do not honestly know what chemical changes happened in my brain but I never knew I had a nerdy hard-on for tanks. Been looking up videos of people showcasing some tank documentaries from the WWII era and it is amazing to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGGyoTro_o

This just looks like fun to ride around in provided I am not being shot at. Unless it is people like me from World of Tanks then I might not have much to worry about.