Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

All my keybinds got reset to the default and it suddenly runs at a super low resolution. What the hell

The mgexe curse

Hrnchamd couldnt get it replicatable but said he knew what it might be, then he disappeared for a few months again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's kind of lame if I'm going to have to reconfigure everything every time I boot the game. It also seems like bartering is suddenly much harder (???)

e: on the positive side, I finally managed to get the code book from Sottilde. With Agility at 95, Sneak at 76, and Moonshadow and 80% Chameleon active it was stupid hard to steal, even with the mod that supposedly makes pickpocketing easier. I guess because it's a clunky object.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 18, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I dunno I have regular stock.exe and it still does it.

it changes all settings back to default. This isn't a problem except for five, I use a steam controller to deal with keybinds for me.

code:
Set-ItemProperty 'HKCU:\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Morrowind\' -Name 'Screen Height' -Value 1080
Set-ItemProperty 'HKCU:\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Morrowind\' -Name 'Screen Width' -Value 1920
Set-ItemProperty 'HKCU:\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Morrowind\' -Name 'Render Distance' -Value 1172307968 # max distance for the normal game
Set-ItemProperty 'HKCU:\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Morrowind\' -Name 'Subtitles' -Value 01 # boolean, needs to be 01 for on, 00 for off
Set-ItemProperty 'HKCU:\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\bethesda softworks\Morrowind\' -Name 'Shadows' -Value 6 # max realtime shadows slider
I tried to figure out a way to make this run right before I start morrowind automatically but I couldn't be damned to gently caress with it that much. Every so often when I go to play it's hosed up so I just quit and run it. This will run and give no info or confirmation that it did anything, you might wanna add -verbose after the values for kicks I guess.

If you wanted to add more settings you could just set them the way you want, quit, and then use Get-ItemProperty to make it barf out all the settings. Dunno if there's an easy way to save them directly and then reapply them when you run the script I had to copy these ones in. If it resets the settings on quit you might be hosed and have to manually figure it out, but I've found it tends to reset the settings right as it's starting up the game.

e: lol you can just talk her into giving the book. You don't even need good speechcraft if you wanna get cheesy: just sell and/or buy a ton of 1 gold crap one at a time because each transaction will boost disposition by one. You could sell and buyback the same arrow and do it. It's dumb as gently caress but I've used it to talk up traders who I need to be at 100 for some reason. gently caress doing it more than the most dire times tho

e2: also this script directly edits the registry so I guess you could potentially accidentally blow something up. + if you Get-ItemProperty all the settings, the ones I think in brackets you have to Set in a specific way that might be different? The ones named like "sleep" and poo poo like that are the keybinds I think that long rear end number is what specific key or mouse button does it.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 18, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I was already a member of the Thieves' Guild, so that wouldn't have worked (although maybe I could have gotten myself temporarily expelled?). I didn't want to kill her or anything either, this playthrough I want to be the leader of as many factions as possible

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
gently caress. In my slave game I decided to join no factions except for what's needed for the main quest. It's interesting I guess. Before you feel like you have a sort of home base to go back to and sell your poo poo, with no factions it doesn't matter so you're like a real nomad.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I feel like a real nomad leaving my poo poo all over the floor in the Balmora mages guild or the hlaalo residence

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
liquidate everything. Anything special I wanna keep I throw in the crate by the door in Arkngthand until Caius moves out.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Nab the vivec apartment with the dead guy or the sixth house cultists. Quick mage guild transport and almsivi intervention and you're practically home. Also who doesn't love Velothi architecture?

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
Murder all the "bad people" and claim the Council Club in Balmora as your home. Next to the Silt Strider, round the corner from the Mage's Guild, it's perfect.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zombieman posted:

Murder all the "bad people" and claim the Council Club in Balmora as your home. Next to the Silt Strider, round the corner from the Mage's Guild, it's perfect.

Just throw your poo poo down on the floor of the Balmora mage guild like ALMSIVI intended.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
One of the reasons I so enjoy Uvirith's Legacy is just how homey it makes Tel Uvirith feel after a while, how much it feels like it is my space in the world to inhabit.

That and the Bag of Holding that I can crawl into to get to my office from anywhere in the world.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Doctor Zaius posted:

Also the MGSO link in the OP is hella broken, it lead me to this site.

Which is kind of amazing, but probably riddled with ancient viruses.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had it buried in the OP until OpenMW had their 1.0 release, but it looks like I'm going to be removing it now instead. I also added a bunch of MWSE mods I'd been meaning to put in there but hadn't gotten around to yet. I'll probably put in a few more while I'm on this OP-editing kick.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
One thing I like about the teleport ring to return to Tel Uvirith is how wizardy it makes adventuring.

"Alright chaps, we've gone far enough, let's teleport to my tower. Ah, thank you Salmeama, this dinner looks excellent. Yes we made excellent progress into the dungeon, we shall teleport back in the morning. Could you draw a bath and have warming pans placed in my bed? Thank you, that will be all for now, once those are done you may turn in for the night, but we shall have a light breakfast before we return to Kogoruhn on the morrow. Julan, try this saltrice pudding, it is excellent."

gently caress camping, adventure in loving style.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
:allears:

Vavrek posted:

One of the reasons I so enjoy Uvirith's Legacy is just how homey it makes Tel Uvirith feel after a while, how much it feels like it is my space in the world to inhabit.

That and the Bag of Holding that I can crawl into to get to my office from anywhere in the world.

And after I turned the BoH in UL 4.0 into a creature to stabilize its scripts, I find out I accidentally made the more immersive bugfix a feature. Guess I'll have to make "crawl into the bag" one of its dialogue options and reinstate the teleport.

Also, I'm working on temp download links for my mods while I figure poo poo out. Here's the one for UL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqxbej0nef7bg9e/Uviriths_Legacy_3.53.7z?dl=0

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I made a drat script that fixes all my settings in one shot

Ah, using the Secret Syllable of Royalty fix your surroundings *nods CHIMingly*

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am suddenly struggling to remember how to mod this game; I'm trying to use those algorithm-enhanced textures but just throwing the texture folders in my Data Files doesn't actually do anything and I cannot remember what it is I need to do to use them.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

I am suddenly struggling to remember how to mod this game; I'm trying to use those algorithm-enhanced textures but just throwing the texture folders in my Data Files doesn't actually do anything and I cannot remember what it is I need to do to use them.

archive invalidation or whatever it’s called in morrolanguage is probably what you need to do

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

Don't just throw poo poo into the game folder and overwrite data, it'll be really annoying if you gently caress something up / don't like the textures / something else goes wrong. Use a mod manager. MO2 is really good for Morrowind in my experience.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Generic Monk posted:

archive invalidation or whatever it’s called in morrolanguage is probably what you need to do

doesnt exist and doesnt do anything

Rhjamiz posted:

that is all you need to do, make sure the textures folder in the mod is actually merged with your textures folder in data files

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Woebin posted:

Don't just throw poo poo into the game folder and overwrite data, it'll be really annoying if you gently caress something up / don't like the textures / something else goes wrong. Use a mod manager. MO2 is really good for Morrowind in my experience.

Balderdash. A hand-arranged 3 GB textures folder is the true Morrowind experience. Next thing you'll say is that it isn't 2004.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Vavrek posted:

Balderdash. A hand-arranged 3 GB textures folder is the true Morrowind experience. Next thing you'll say is that it isn't 2004.

Is my 28GB one better or worse.

The out-of-32bit memory when a save gets big are annoying though.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tenderjerk posted:

its wild that autism is the glue that holds this together

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

I'm just too lazy to make installation packages for everything, and it would take forever to do too.

IMO it's more autistic when having loose files around bothers you.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

doesnt exist and doesnt do anything

fair, i've been using openmw for ages and it has some 'fallback archive' stuff you have to do in certain scenarios so prob got it mixed up

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

loving mods i swear to christ stop crashing

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 20, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Private Speech posted:

Is my 28GB one better or worse

Explain yourself

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Explain yourself

I looked at abot's modlist and lp and thought hey this looks neat, what if I added a bunch more stuff on top, until it starts crashing at least.

Copious mod merging and landscape moving was involved.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Have you no concern for a balanced gameplay experience?! What you speak of is madness!!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Have you no concern for a balanced gameplay experience?! What you speak of is madness!!

Too long for thread title :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cartoon shader for mgexe looks pretty sweet lol

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/210894929868619778/525458823482441730/XE_FixedFuncEmutoon.7z

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Finally we can make the game look like the moebius comics which inspired it :cryingordinatormask:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No matter how rich I get, I will never stop breaking into people's houses and taking all of their scuttle. 10 value for just 0.1 weight, what a steal (literally ;))

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

No matter how rich I get, I will never stop breaking into people's houses and taking all of their scuttle. 10 value for just 0.1 weight, what a steal (literally ;))

lol morrowind was probably the first but definitely not the last game i played where i would start out hoovering up everything and then as the game progressed just throw down random crap right there on the ground as i found higher value-to-weight ratio items, just all of a sudden in a cave or on the road or in some dude's house just a pile of assorted crap no one will ever see or use or sell because i am the only one playing my game and i have already forgotten about it

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

PROTIP: Most corpses will decay after some amount of time; players often use permanent corpses as infinite storage boxes. However, if you loot a body and place the deceased's clothes and equipment in a neat pile on the ground, it will stay there forever, allowing you to calmly dispose of the body with no worry about losing any items, ever. :eng101:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ralen Hlaalo is the only storage solution I will ever need

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So...is it normal that shop keepers will constantly declare your sold items theirs even when that's not actually the case? I guess it's because the item I'm trying to sell is tagged as stolen, and I stole the same type of item from them at one point. It's really stupid and makes it a drag to trade with the Balmora merchants.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

That's a known bug.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phlegmish posted:

So...is it normal that shop keepers will constantly declare your sold items theirs even when that's not actually the case? I guess it's because the item I'm trying to sell is tagged as stolen, and I stole the same type of item from them at one point. It's really stupid and makes it a drag to trade with the Balmora merchants.

The game doesn't track items separately, it tracks item types. If you stole a diamond from Nalcarya, then it marked "stolen diamond from Nalcarya" and so anytime you try to sell a diamond to Nalcarya, she'll complain.

Just don't steal from your favorite merchants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, it's annoying enough that I usually just buy the diamond I'm supposed to steal for the thieves guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Its being worked on today actually