Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The more I think on the trailer, the worse it becomes. I don't think much of what terrible stuff you see in the trailer can be handwaved away as bad marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
It's a medium budget Lionsgate film, of course its going to be terrible.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

feedmyleg posted:

The more I think on the trailer, the worse it becomes. I don't think much of what terrible stuff you see in the trailer can be handwaved away as bad marketing.

Yeah, I'm definitely pulling at straws here, and hoping for the best in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary.

I really was sold on those first few images, and now, instead, we've got this.

This sucks.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

blast0rama posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely pulling at straws here, and hoping for the best in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary.

This was me on the Predator trailer :smith:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

feedmyleg posted:

This was me on the Predator trailer :smith:

What, you didn't approve of the weaponized autism storyline? Or the fact that every single character only existed to provide quips?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

YOU'RE ONE BEAUTIFUL MOTHER FUCKER

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Was the only reason they rebooted Hellboy instead of letting Del Toro do #3 was that the studio was all WE WANT HELLBOY IN 2.35 and Del Toro was all I WILL DIE BEFORE I SHOOT SCOPE, because it's literally the only reason I can imagine this existing.

...I'm in for Milla Jovovich. :heysexy:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Was the only reason they rebooted Hellboy instead of letting Del Toro do #3 was that the studio was all WE WANT HELLBOY IN 2.35 and Del Toro was all I WILL DIE BEFORE I SHOOT SCOPE, because it's literally the only reason I can imagine this existing.

Cost, I recall.

morestuff posted:

That looks surprisingly cheap

:discourse:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'll give R-rated Hellboy a shot, if only for Milla hamming it up. Ian McShane fuckin' rules, too, but as others have said, David Harbour ain't Ron Perlman in the charisma department.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

caligulamprey posted:

I recall hearing that del Toro only wanted to work with Ron Perlman in the role, so when Perlman said he wasn't going to do Hellboy 3 del Toro was out as well.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like David Harbour and Neil Marshall, so I still have some hope, but that trailer was pretty lame.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It sounds like Harbor is talking with plastic vampire teeth in his mouth

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well, here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-WEb2oxLk

Excited to see Hemsworth ham it up again.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 20, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hemsworth doing comedy means I will be there day 1.

:lol: of course they have a hammer gag.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vintersorg posted:

Well, here we go.

Nice cast, looks fun. We might get a second good MiB movie yet.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nice cast, looks fun. We might get a second good MiB movie yet.

Yo MiB 3 was good, dawg.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It has Tessa Thompson, I am sold

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks real fun.

Was Men In Black 3 worth the time?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hello thread, I recut the Hellboy trailer last night. Tried to make it less joke-y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXNWr8UV500

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

blast0rama posted:

No.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

teagone posted:

Hello thread, I recut the Hellboy trailer last night. Tried to make it less joke-y.

A noble effort, definitely. That looks far, far more like a movie I want to see. Unfortunately I think a lot of that is hiding the tone that the other trailer showed the film to have—but it makes me cautiously optimistic that it was just bad marketing taking things out of context.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jedit posted:

I recall hearing that del Toro only wanted to work with Ron Perlman in the role, so when Perlman said he wasn't going to do Hellboy 3 del Toro was out as well.

I don't think Perlman backed out, he was really excited to do it, but the studio wasn't interested.

How Ron Perlman Feels About Hellboy 3 Not Happening

quote:

Following the conclusion of Hellboy II: The Golden Army, many hoped that it wouldn't be long until Hellboy 3 was officially announced. Unfortunately, that project never really managed to escape development hell, resulting in an on-again, off-again saga. The project was just never able to cover much ground, and eventually, producers figured it was time to start from scratch with a reboot. Ron Perlman, who always wanted to cap off his trilogy, no longer has that option, and the actor recently spoke about his feelings on the matter. As far as Perlman is concerned, the past is in the past. As he put it:

"It's completely in my rearview mirror. We fought a good fight to get the trilogy finished, that didn't happen. And I'm very, very, very happy with the world of creative choices that I'm working on now. So there are no regrets." - Ron Perlman

I think I also remember part of it being some beef between del Toro and Mike Mignolia. That and del Toro wanting to make ALL OF THE MOVIES, so they had a hard time setting a schedule.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

blast0rama posted:

Looks real fun.

Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression is really fun, but I don't know if we needed a 2+ hour movie to enjoy it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vintersorg posted:

Well, here we go.

Well, this looks completely garbage.

Seems like the people behind it don't even know what MIB is about.

They're supposed to be low key, they should be able to blend in with the every man.
This... just looks like they checked off everything they saw in the lovely sequels(MIB3 was actually pretty decent though) and that's it.

But, Hemsworth and Thompson should be fun I guess? They had great chemistry in Thor Ragnarok.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GDT wanted to make movies where Hellboy fights the Universal Monsters.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What's with Harbourboy's hair, anyways? It looks ridiculous compared to Perlman's muttonchops.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

caligulamprey posted:

Mike Mignola apparently can't stand GDT and really dislikes his take on the material. That, combined with the middling financial returns on the first two, pretty much sank the potential of a third, despite GDT and Perlman both pushing for it pretty hard.

The trailer for the new movie is bad. Hellboy mixing up with some Olde English magic poo poo is pretty on point as far as the flavor goes, but Harbour sounds terrible, the makeup looks like they got it second hand from that late 80's Beauty and the Beast, and the tone for that trailer was absolutely garbage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Mike Mignola apparently can't stand GDT and really dislikes his take on the material. That, combined with the middling financial returns on the first two, pretty much sank the potential of a third, despite GDT and Perlman both pushing for it pretty hard.

The trailer for the new movie is bad. Hellboy mixing up with some Olde English magic poo poo is pretty on point as far as the flavor goes, but Harbour sounds terrible, the makeup looks like they got it second hand from that late 80's Beauty and the Beast, and the tone for that trailer was absolutely garbage.

Which was also Ron Perlman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He looks like he can't move too fast, or his head might fall off.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vintersorg posted:

Well, here we go.

meh

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
NOW I HAVE A CHRISTMAS TRAILER

HO-HO-HO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wi28Vsi_ZU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

teagone posted:

I would actually watch this movie. So, hopefully the marketing campaign hosed up and this is somehow more accurate.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Faye from Wings is a secret Nazi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJA5ThK_Icw

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone should recut the new Hellboy trailer with Sabotage.

Worked wonders for Solo.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

Well, here we go.

Holy gently caress this looks even worse than the Hellboy reboot :barf:

2019 Hollywood is off to a good start, I see.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

blast0rama posted:

Looks real fun.

Absolutely, it's a fun and entertaining movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

Absolutely, it's a fun and entertaining movie.

Seriously, it’s worth it if only for Brolin channeling Tommy Lee Jones.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

Dude..... how the gently caress aren't you working in Hollywood...

This just shows you how editing can make an incredibly cringe trailer into a really good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Could use some more cuts to black.