Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

Apparently the people in this thread aren't the only ones sick of Star Wars chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENPSTkTeSw&t=26s

Linkara's normally pretty chill during his intros, for him to get this worked up (even in character) takes a lot :stare:

https://twitter.com/Linkara19/status/1075492107324928007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A certain thread should follow suit :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
When's the chess match hbomb/Junpei

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

KayTee posted:

STAND BACK SUPERMAN! ICEMAN, SPIDERMAN! BATMAN AND ROBIN TOOOOOOOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX3ISAPAug

Yaaaay. I saw Kim playing this on her stream the other day and it delighted me then. Nostalgia hits hard. I wonder if there was a Maid Marian and Her Merry Men game? I'm not going to look it up. Just dream.

e: I JUST REMEMBERED I HAD A NOVELISATION
A Supergran tie-in novel. It is where I learned the word 'option'.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Yaaaay. I saw Kim playing this on her stream the other day and it delighted me then. Nostalgia hits hard. I wonder if there was a Maid Marian and Her Merry Men game? I'm not going to look it up. Just dream.

e: I JUST REMEMBERED I HAD A NOVELISATION
A Supergran tie-in novel. It is where I learned the word 'option'.

Alas, there is no Maid Marian and Her Merry Men game to my knowledge. Even if there were games for, y'know, basically everything else. I suppose you could play Super Robin Hood and pretend? That's hardly accurate though!

May I congratulate you on the excellent Streaker avatar/text combo.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if Linkara will keep doing The Star Wars, which is a comic based on the orginal script of A New Hope.

It's more of a curiosity than good or bad. But it's so far from canon that maybe it doesn't count?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kim Justice posted:

Alas, there is no Maid Marian and Her Merry Men game to my knowledge. Even if there were games for, y'know, basically everything else. I suppose you could play Super Robin Hood and pretend? That's hardly accurate though!

May I congratulate you on the excellent Streaker avatar/text combo.

I met Mark Billingham once at the bookshop where I worked and he was very warm and friendly. My Maid Marian anecdote.

Thank you friend:) I still love that game.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Twincityhacker posted:

I wonder if Linkara will keep doing The Star Wars, which is a comic based on the orginal script of A New Hope.

It's more of a curiosity than good or bad. But it's so far from canon that maybe it doesn't count?

It seems like he's still going to do Star Wars stuff, he's just venting his frustration from his self-imposed policy of reviewing/moderating every single comment posted on his videos running into a particularly contentious and unproductive topic of discussion:

https://twitter.com/Linkara19/status/1075497315882938382

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

When's the chess match hbomb/Junpei

Not until he makes the death note video

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Radar posted:

It seems like he's still going to do Star Wars stuff, he's just venting his frustration from his self-imposed policy of reviewing/moderating every single comment posted on his videos running into a particularly contentious and unproductive topic of discussion:

Linkara: Secret Masochist.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I can't even imagine the mental state I'd be in if I read every one of my comments.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
ralphthemoviemaker is out with a new video on Justice League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOqkagHsHs

I'm halfway through it and it seems like a pretty good and fair analysis of the film any why it's a horrible mess.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

my parents boyfriend posted:

I can't even imagine the mental state I'd be in if I read every one of my comments.

I got a comment last week questioning my devotion to national sovereignty so I laughed and banned them.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Man I can't imagine wanting youtube comments at all, much less reading every one of the drat things.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Puppy Time posted:

Man I can't imagine wanting youtube comments at all, much less reading every one of the drat things.

To be fair, 90% of my comments are fine and good, I just get the occasional chud in the mix because I LP Ace Combat and Killzone games, the central nexus of anime and big giant military dickery, and cool-looking fascism: the game, respectively. So it's like a big giant neon light attracting them, only to find it it's actually a bug zapper.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There are sometimes good youtube comments

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It really depends on the video but I'd say most comments are positive.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm halfway through it and it seems like a pretty good and fair analysis of the film any why it's a horrible mess.

I liked ralph before he said some gross poo poo about "forced feminism" in his letterboxd review of The Incredibles 2, and I stopped watching his poo poo altogether, because, ya know, gently caress that.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I liked ralph before he said some gross poo poo about "forced feminism" in his letterboxd review of The Incredibles 2, and I stopped watching his poo poo altogether, because, ya know, gently caress that.

His "Mystery Diners" video is still good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qectRXY6vGE

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Forced feminism sounds like some kinky poo poo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Junpei Hyde posted:

There are sometimes good youtube comments

my parents boyfriend posted:

It really depends on the video but I'd say most comments are positive.

In my years of reflexively scrolling down to the comments for some godforsaken reason, I can say that both of you are loving liars.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I still manage to have largely fantastic comments for the most part. They're often a joy to read. My channel isn't really the norm for anything though and it's not like I cover anything that could really be considered contentious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

In my years of reflexively scrolling down to the comments for some godforsaken reason, I can say that both of you are loving liars.

It's a man playing videogames but Chip Cheezum's videos have always been pretty tolerable on that front. Much better than his threads when he was still posting on here, since people couldn't stop spoiling things no matter how clear the rules were.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Anecdotally speaking the few comments on my less popular vids tend to be ok and sometimes inteteresting.

The comments on my most popular vids on the otherhand? Full blown anti semitism. Back when youtube introduced that little bell icon every notification was some open neo fascist calling me all sorts slurs for Jewish people (boy there sure are a lot of those).

Kinda made me less interest to read comments or speak to other human beings on the platform. And that started about 2011

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Sorry I feel I'm being a bit of a downer lately. Ive discovered a channel that largely discusses Star Wars (wait comeback!) Expanded Universe weirdness. Its pretty interesting and covers a lot of the stuff you may have heard about like the Yuuzhan Vong or a horse X wing pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE5d9Yn-P_c

He's very much a "I hope we can all be civil and agree to disagree" type but in the videos Ive seen him comment on cotroversial issues hes always come down firmly on the anti chud side

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
While Australia got alot of weird UK TV back in the day I thankfully don't remember Supergran. Bananaman on the other hand I do remember, now there was a superhero. But no game adaptation for it as far as I can see.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Wrageowrapper posted:

While Australia got alot of weird UK TV back in the day I thankfully don't remember Supergran. Bananaman on the other hand I do remember, now there was a superhero. But no game adaptation for it as far as I can see.

We almost had a film adaptation of him tho.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baka-nin posted:

Sorry I feel I'm being a bit of a downer lately. Ive discovered a channel that largely discusses Star Wars (wait comeback!) Expanded Universe weirdness. Its pretty interesting and covers a lot of the stuff you may have heard about like the Yuuzhan Vong or a horse X wing pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE5d9Yn-P_c

He's very much a "I hope we can all be civil and agree to disagree" type but in the videos Ive seen him comment on cotroversial issues hes always come down firmly on the anti chud side

Eckhart's Ladder is pretty decent. You should check out Spacedock as well. He does similar stuff but focuses more on the technical breakdown of science fiction spacecraft.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Lots of good content creators have moderated comments set up so that while the audience's experience is pleasant there's still someone being subjected to piles of garbage.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
In honor of the late, great Super Best Friends, here's the story of one of their most popular shitposts.

The History of Zubaz, The Man With No Game -- Designing For Cameo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr.Radar posted:

he has always been a pretty good critic. it sucks ralph isn't as well known. yeah he picks some easy targets sometimes and says some dumbshit sometimes, but he is pretty good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought he (dumbly) ended his channel despite getting 5k per month on patreon.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
RenegadeCut put out part 1 of his DCEU Film & Culture Analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fhjyAUUHg4

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Solitair posted:

In honor of the late, great Super Best Friends, here's the story of one of their most popular shitposts.

This was great and I am now fascinated by the VGCW.

Also gome guy did a thing about the lovely non-VG wrestling stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_s-OI-9Fo8

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Solitair posted:

This is wild, without knowing what Super Best Friends is--cool to see a fan character get so much love

The VGCW is fascinating! Fan projects with that level of involvement are so cool; how did they create the characters like, stat wise? To keep "balance" or whatever--like do people dig into the nitty gritty to determine why Baz kept winning those tourny matches?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Wrestling is fake.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Wrestling is fake.

So was VGCW scripted? That video about Zubaz seemed to suggest not?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Waffles Inc. posted:

So was VGCW scripted? That video about Zubaz seemed to suggest not?

Wrestling is fake, but fake wrestling is real. VGCW only ever scripted super story-heavy matches, and even then very rarely. I think for stats balancing, they just gave everyone solid max stats, and left actual balancing to their individual movesets.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zubaz won the tournament by dumb luck essentially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LsPkYeaKBs